PDA

View Full Version : Adios, Colorado!

Agravan
07-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Adios, Colorado! (http://www.texnat.org/political-publisher/1937-adios-colorado)http://www.texnat.org/images/grunge-style-colorado-flag-david-g-paul1.jpgBattle lines are again being drawn between North and South — but this time, it's the North that's wanting to secede ... from Colorado.The Daily Caller and Huffington Post reported Friday that as many as eight counties composing the rural, oil and gas-rich northeast corner of the state are pursuing a plan to cut ties with a capital city they no longer feel represents their interests and come together as the 51st state in the country: North Colorado."We're actually going to pursue it," Weld County Commissioner Douglas Rademacher, a farmer whose jurisdiction is spearheading the effort, told the Daily Caller. "Frankly, we've been ignored in northeastern Colorado now for the last, going on eight years with the current administration in Denver."The HuffPost reports the secession plan is driven by a number of new laws passed in the Democrat-controlled legislature this year, including gun control, the curbing of perceived cruel treatment of livestock to expanded regulation of oil and gas production but the final straw was the signing of Senate Bill 252 by Gov. John Hickenlooper on Wednesday which requires an increase in renewable energy standards in rural areas.KDVR reports that opponents of that bill have called it a "war on rural Colorado.""Frankly, we see no option," Rademacher said. "We are going to move forward."Rademacher cited numerous examples of how Denver politicians are out of touch with rural Colorado, from passing tough new gun laws — "that gun legislation really pissed a lot of people off in Weld County," he said — to trying to clamp down on companies that extract natural gas through fracking.Colorado is not the first state to begin fracturing along political lines. In the summer of 2011, a supervisor in Riverside County, Calif., called for 13 southern counties in that state to withdraw from too-liberal central and northern California.In a number of other states — Texas, Vermont, Georgia and Alaska being the most prominent — secessionist movements are continuing to gain strength as more and more revelations about the abuse of federal power by both elected politicians and un-elected bureaucrats in Washington come to light. The latest revelation, that the National Security Agency has apparently tapped phones and electronic communications of millions of Americans, through a number of different platforms, has spurred new calls for either immediate, radical reform of the federal government — or secession from it."We've reached the saturation point with Big Brother, Nanny-State government," said Texas Nationalist Movement president Daniel Miller. "People, and especially Texans, are starting to realize that this government no longer considers the Constitution to be a definition of limits on its power. They are realizing that the contract Texas had with the other states upon entering this Union has been declared null and void."http://www.texnat.org/political-publisher/1937-adios-colorado

Adelaide
07-05-2013, 05:50 PM
What are the odds that they'd succeed? I'm only familiar with certain areas of US history and law, so this is a serious question from me (if anyone has the answer). If they want to form their own state, what criteria do they have to meet and what would the legal process be?

Frankly, if they feel that slighted then more power to them... but I'd be concerned that small groups in every state that do not make up the majority opinion/voting habits would then decide to declare themselves their own states. I could see it being a slippery slope.

patrickt
07-07-2013, 03:38 AM
West Virginia was formerly a part of Virginia but broke away and was welcomed by Washington. Many have suggested that northern and southern California should separate.

Colorado has been infected with people from California for decades and I guess people have just noticed. When I was leaving Colorado a woman at a store selling cardboard boxes asked me why I was leaving.
"Too many people from California moving in."
"What's wrong with that? I'm from California and it's lovely here."
"True, but you don't want to live in Colorado. You want to turn Colorado into Los Agneles with no black people."
"Well, wouldn't that be just about perfect?"

When they came into our small city they proceeded to write laws to drive working class--that would often be Hispanics--out of town. They brought gated communities and homeowners associations. At the same time they brought more first-class homeless shelters so we could import more deadbeats.

Sorry, Colorado, but I think it might be too late.

zelmo1234
07-07-2013, 06:59 AM
It is funny the liberals actually destroy states with their policies and taxations, and when it collapses and there are no jobs they move to a place that has jobs and has been practicing Conservative values and then institute the same policies that destroyed the last state they lived in!

patrickt
07-07-2013, 07:15 AM
They're like a virus that kills its host. They have to spread before the host dies or the virus dies.