PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans Will Not Approve Senate Bill.....

MMC
12-19-2011, 06:54 AM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- House Speaker John Boehner said Sunday that he opposes a Senate-approved bill that extends a payroll tax cut and jobless benefits for just two months and said congressional bargainers need to write a new version that would last an entire year.

"It's pretty clear I and our members oppose the Senate bill," Boehner said on "Meet the Press" on NBC. He added, "I believe two months is just kicking the can down the road."

The Senate bill says Obama can reject the pipeline only if he decides building it would not be in the national interest.

Congressional leaders had hoped that approval of the tax measure would end their work and let them send lawmakers home for the year. It is unclear how long it would take House and Senate leaders to work out any new compromise on the legislation, but Boehner suggested it could done in the next two weeks.....snip~

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boehner-wants-bill-cutting-payroll-142647418.html <<<<< More Here!

The SENATE.....Mr. Harry Reid and the games this sucka plays for party politics. The Demos were okay lets apporve this for two months that way if we don't want to then we can bring it back around and give the President what he wants. Which is to wait until after Campaign.

It is a simple matter really. Canada has specifically come out and told us if you don't want it then they will give it to the Chinese. Another thing that bothers me and I am not just blaming Demos. But one thing I am getting tired of is all of them using the EXCUSE of National Security. U-know this transitioning BS of turning us into something that none of them want or will come out and say. Now I do hold the Demos a little bit with more blame as they know all of this as they try and turn the US into Europe.

Conley
12-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Interesting that Boehner said that. Congress's whole M.O. is to kick the can down the road. That's what they do on most matters of importance. The Keystone XL decision needs to be made. I'm in favor of it but the decision isn't going to be any easier down the line.

MMC
12-19-2011, 09:53 AM
No but he is right.....spamming it for 2 months only kicks it down the line. Moreover the Dems and Obama could play on that in the election. As look at the cost for just 2 months and then only to have the Dems and Obama re-nig on the Pipeline. Then talk about thow the Repubs accepted a two month deal out of expediency as they wanted to go home for winter break. Using a stop gap measure for political puroposes only.

I think he did right.....which squarely puts it back in the Democratic Senates face! Plus it shows Obama caved and was willing to sign off if he could use that excuse about National Security as an issue to the Pipeline. Plus it forces Obama to deal with his environmental base over job creation.