PDA

View Full Version : General pet picture thread

Adelaide
07-07-2013, 02:16 PM
I didn't want to overload the small pet thread with pics of my cat, so I figured we could start a general thread for pictures of out pets.

Here is where I caught Theodore today, hanging out in a giant popcorn bowl that had been cleaned out but set on the floor:

Agravan
07-07-2013, 02:33 PM
My Jelly-Baby in one of her favorite sleeping spots:

strollingbonez
07-17-2013, 07:10 AM
buddy has short legs:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/strollingbones/002_zps17144eee.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/strollingbones/media/002_zps17144eee.jpg.html)

look closely and you will see his nose poking out...he is too short to poke out his head

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/strollingbones/001_zps2bb51526.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/strollingbones/media/001_zps2bb51526.jpg.html)

oceanloverOH
07-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Jake learning to dance in puppy class:

Graduation from puppy class (he won the award of Most Lovable):

Jake is such a happy little boy!

strollingbonez
07-17-2013, 08:01 AM
most loveable? is that code for dumber than a little rock but cute as hell?

oceanloverOH
07-17-2013, 08:33 AM
most loveable? is that code for dumber than a little rock but cute as hell?

You're just being mean today, Bonez. :tongue20:

strollingbonez
07-17-2013, 09:30 AM
You're just being mean today, Bonez. :tongue20:

o i am sorry....and on your birthday.....sorry sorry sorry....

there is an old adage ocean....when you toss a rock into a pack of dogs...the one that yelps is the one that you hit....

hey at least yours hasnt been bounced from doggie school!

Adelaide
07-21-2013, 03:49 PM

He's living a life of luxury. He has FIVE cat trees.

oceanloverOH
07-21-2013, 04:50 PM

He's beautiful. And he has a doting mama, no doubt!

Adelaide
07-21-2013, 04:53 PM
He's beautiful. And he has a doting mama, no doubt!

He's currently teething. I feel bad for him. One of his baby teeth fell out today and he was really unhappy. But it's a good thing his adult teeth are coming in. I've already got him started on the regimen to brush his teeth so he'll be used to the sensation and experience when his adult teeth are in.

oceanloverOH
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Do you use a toothbrush? Jake won't tolerate that, so I got the rubber nubbly thing that fits over your finger. He'll let me brush with that (sometimes). I do keep him supplied with real heavy-duty bones that he can't shred though....and that also helps keep his teeth clean. Too bad cats aren't partial to bones!

Adelaide
07-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Do you use a toothbrush? Jake won't tolerate that, so I got the rubber nubbly thing that fits over your finger. He'll let me brush with that (sometimes). I do keep him supplied with real heavy-duty bones that he can't shred though....and that also helps keep his teeth clean. Too bad cats aren't partial to bones!

The vet actually said to just use your finger (wash your hands, obviously) and to use a special kind of cat toothpaste. There is a whole process involved in getting a kitten to get used to it, although mine seems to not care very much. Also, I bought kitten/cat dental treats so I won't actually have to brush his teeth too often.

Common
07-21-2013, 07:47 PM
The vet actually said to just use your finger (wash your hands, obviously) and to use a special kind of cat toothpaste. There is a whole process involved in getting a kitten to get used to it, although mine seems to not care very much. Also, I bought kitten/cat dental treats so I won't actually have to brush his teeth too often.

Our cat butz when my wife tried doing the finger brushing bit her and butz was the sweetest cat, but you could not stick your fingers in her mouth

Adelaide
07-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Our cat butz when my wife tried doing the finger brushing bit her and butz was the sweetest cat, but you could not stick your fingers in her mouth

Mine just glares at me with the, "Really mom?!" kind of look on his face.

Kind of like when I shower. I shower at night, and I just got out and my cat came over, sniffed me, and had this look on his face like, "Great, now I have to clean her again." Anytime he cuddles (which is all the time) he insists on trying to lick me clean, like I'm his property and he has to groom.

Adelaide
07-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Okay, I can't be the only one posting photos! But here is Theo recently... pretty big for a 5 month old. He's going through a huge growth spurt. He is about 10 pounds now, healthy. Get's fixed on the 9th - I have apologized profusely about that but he doesn't seem to understand (lol).

Peter1469
07-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Poor boy. :shocked:

Adelaide
11-22-2013, 12:04 PM

Crappy quality, but "king" Theo at 10 months.

Peter1469
11-22-2013, 12:06 PM

Are you spoiling him? :wink:

Adelaide
11-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Are you spoiling him? :wink:

Of course.

A couple minutes ago I was ordering Starbucks on my phone and he came running into the room with the most mournful cry. He almost never talks except at night when I want to sleep and he wants/expects a head massage. Turns out he was mad that the other cat was in "his" spot. Little fucker. I was all worried something was wrong since he never "talks".

Peter1469
11-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Of course.

A couple minutes ago I was ordering Starbucks on my phone and he came running into the room with the most mournful cry. He almost never talks except at night when I want to sleep and he wants/expects a head massage. Turns out he was mad that the other cat was in "his" spot. Little fucker. I was all worried something was wrong since he never "talks".

Do the cats ever fight?

Cigar
11-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Who said C.A.T. ? :grin:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_a974yx9wGjk/S4S5vu09XmI/AAAAAAAAAEA/nzXtWJte2UM/s400/IMG_8447.JPG

Adelaide
11-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Do the cats ever fight?

Oh yeah. The breed of my cat is sort of like a weightlifter (in size and strength) whereas Belle is very much a sprinter (in build and strength). Fortunately, Belle needed to lose a few pounds that she had packed on after her brother died back in April so fast kitten Theo helped her out there. Now that my cat is older he's sort of fitting into his breed so he's pretty slow but has one hell of a punch. Belle gets away/ahead probably 95% of the time and has somehow made it clear she's dominant (for now). Thus, Theodore mostly just follows her around and mimics her behaviour. I expect he'll be "alpha cat" by the time he's full-grown which should be around 2 years of age. For now though, Belle rules the roost.

Common
11-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Id put a pic of my little guy here if I knew how, heh

Peter1469
11-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Id put a pic of my little guy here if I knew how, heh

If it is on your hard drive just Go Advanced, and scroll down until you see Manage Attachments.

Common
11-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Heres my wifes boss little Max, he gets more attention and affection than me. YES IM JEALOUS :Ppppp

oceanloverOH
11-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Is Max invisible? LOL

Common
11-24-2013, 10:10 PM
If it is on your hard drive just Go Advanced, and scroll down until you see Manage Attachments.

Thanks alot peter

Common
11-24-2013, 10:10 PM
Is Max invisible? LOL

Dont be a wiseguy Im just a lamer, but I got him up lol

Common
11-24-2013, 10:13 PM
This is two of my grandaughters with retired K9 Sgt Clyde

oceanloverOH
11-24-2013, 10:15 PM
That's me, the original smartypants :thumbsup20:

Max is a doll; but from his pic I can bet he's a little stinker when he wants to be..........

Common
11-24-2013, 10:32 PM
That's me, the original smartypants :thumbsup20:

Max is a doll; but from his pic I can bet he's a little stinker when he wants to be..........

Oh man he drives his mother nuts, hes a pistol. Im a sucker too he cons me with his little face. Hes 8 and hes got working us down to a T
I walk him on the leash out front and a couple of times women stopped and commented one laughed and said a big guy like you walking that little dog HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!! I said hes walking me

strollingbonez
11-25-2013, 09:11 AM
my uncle kept his service dog when he got out of the army...he would use that dog to herd us kids

Perianne
07-02-2014, 11:57 AM
My babies, asleep.

Polecat
07-02-2014, 12:12 PM

Delivery inspection.

strollingbonez
07-02-2014, 05:52 PM
my husband got a new dog for christmas.....new to him from humane...

he has attached to me.....Velcro dog he is...

semba....assuie shephard and ?????

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/strollingbones/005_zps9a9847ca.jpg (http://s722.photobucket.com/user/strollingbones/media/005_zps9a9847ca.jpg.html)

Matty
07-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Herding cats. By experts.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=gppbrYIcR80

momsapplepie
07-03-2014, 03:02 PM

Here's my girls, Mom and Baby

Redrose
07-03-2014, 03:31 PM
8142 Toby Lhasa Apso age 12.

Redrose
07-03-2014, 03:34 PM
8143 the babies, Max and Lexi 10 months. Lhasas are great dogs, they don't shed and are very lovable.

Redrose
07-03-2014, 03:56 PM
This is what a friends pit bull did to my eldest daughter. This was only one picture, he took muscle out of her hip and cheek and bites on both sided of her knee and fingers. She's permanently disfigured.

Not all dogs are lovable.

Captain Obvious
07-03-2014, 04:01 PM
but... but...

... according to virtually all pit bull owners, they're all timid and loveable.

momsapplepie
07-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Here's my Boy.

Redrose
07-03-2014, 06:12 PM
but... but...

... according to virtually all pit bull owners, they're all timid and loveable.
They had to put a crowbar in his jaws to get him to let go. A 90 second attack. They're crazy dogs. Time bombs.

strollingbonez
07-05-2014, 05:32 PM
This is what a friends pit bull did to my eldest daughter. This was only one picture, he took muscle out of her hip and cheek and bites on both sided of her knee and fingers. She's permanently disfigured.

i am sorry that happened to you and your family.....i own dobermans.....anyone owning a dog that is capable of harming a child has to be so responsible....i am caution with all my dogs...it only takes minute for things to head south...

disfigured is such a harsh concept....some people dont like scars some people do....i hope you sued the hell out of them...on behalf of your family and your daughter

but again trash like that ....never has money

strollingbonez
07-05-2014, 05:34 PM
a lot of my friends have great pit bulls.....i still dont feel at ease when there are children around....they can do some much damage as you said in such a brief span of time

strollingbonez
07-05-2014, 05:34 PM
i am glad there was help around or else the dog would have killed her

Perianne
07-05-2014, 05:38 PM

I am so sorry, Redrose. Working in the ER I have seen many dog and cat bites. You really would not believe how often pets hurt their owners.

strollingbonez
07-05-2014, 05:43 PM
most large dog owners use the term....nip it was a little nip....as they get stitches...here is mandatory you report dog bites...so we pretty much patch one another up if needed....i have never had my own dog bite me...but i have scars on both hands from dog bites....feral pup rescue

countryboy
07-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Pit bulls are a menace. And yes, it is the breed.

Adelaide
07-06-2014, 01:03 PM
most large dog owners use the term....nip it was a little nip....as they get stitches...here is mandatory you report dog bites...so we pretty much patch one another up if needed....i have never had my own dog bite me...but i have scars on both hands from dog bites....feral pup rescue

My black lab/great dane mix growing up bit my brother and took a good chunk out of his nose. My brother was about 9 or 10, I think (I'm younger). He had been teasing the dog with a toy and the dog lunged for the toy as my brother moved it away from his face. We didn't report it and he never bit anyone else or acted hostile - but it was a long time before my parents would leave us alone with him in our yard or to allow him out of our yard (which was huge - size of a football field - and fenced in). My parents would have reported it if, to be honest, my brother hadn't had it coming. He was absolutely stupid in the way he was teasing the dog and it was more an accident than a hostile act because the dog was just trying to get the damn toy.

The lesson there for my parents was really to teach us not to tease a dog/animal. I remember my mom telling my brother that most people would report the incident and put the dog down even though it wasn't his fault. I don't think my brother ever teased that dog or the yellow lab we had after again.

Labs are really good dogs - my yellow lab would sit at the fence and let the autistic boy next door poke and prod him in the face and he'd just sit and let it happen. It was like he knew the kid had special needs. We made sure to watch him the first few times we caught it happening, but the dog would just sit there and wait for the boy and then sit through it. It was amazing to watch.

Matty
07-06-2014, 01:08 PM

Pit bulls should not exist. All further breeding should be outlawed.

countryboy
07-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I feel bad for the breed because it's not their fault, but I agree. :(

Spectre
07-06-2014, 01:11 PM

TOTALLY, absolutely true!

countryboy
07-06-2014, 01:12 PM
I think hell just froze over.

Matty
07-06-2014, 01:14 PM
I feel bad for the breed because it's not their fault, but I agree. :(
No doubt about that. Ignorant humans bred them to fight. It's in their genes now. Outlaw the breeding and eventually they will be gone. I was watching a program on Animal planet the other day, pit bulls are banned from Britain.

Matty
07-06-2014, 01:15 PM
This baby lost her eye.

countryboy
07-06-2014, 01:17 PM
No doubt about that. Ignorant humans bred them to fight. It's in their genes now. Outlaw the breeding and eventually they will be gone. I was watching a program on Animal planet the other day, pit bulls are banned from Britain.
Even a blind pig finds a truffle once in a while. :D Just kidding, I love British history and culture, but their politics in the 21st century sucks. But they did get this one right.

countryboy
07-06-2014, 01:22 PM
This baby lost her eye.
That breaks my heart, literally. I don't know if you know, but I lost a child to a pitbull attack. He was my dog, and was raised with love and never fought. Unfortunately, I'm not alone. :(

I used to be reluctant to reveal this, but if it can save even one life, it's worth it.

Matty
07-06-2014, 01:28 PM
That breaks my heart, literally. I don't know if you know, but I lost a child to a pitbull attack. He was my dog, and was raised with love and never fought. Unfortunately, I'm not alone. :(

I used to be reluctant to reveal this, but if it can save even one life, it's worth it.

No,I did not know that. How tragic. I am so sorry for your loss. I am so passionate on the subject because like Perianne I have seen the damage first hand. I worked in a hospital. It was just a couple of years ago here in my home town that a seven year old was dragged off his bike and killed by a pit bull.i cannot imagine the pain you've suffered.

countryboy
07-06-2014, 01:33 PM
No,I did not know that. How tragic. I am so sorry for your loss. I am so passionate on the subject because like Perianne I have seen the damage first hand. I worked in a hospital. It was just a couple of years ago here in my home town that a seven year old was dragged off his bike and killed by a pit bull.i cannot imagine the pain you've suffered.

Thank you.