PDA

View Full Version : There's Profit From Passing the Extreme Texas Abortion Bill

Cigar
07-08-2013, 10:35 AM
http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Rick-Perrys-sister.jpg

According to the Houston Chronicle, Texas Governor Rick Perry’s own sister and her company stand to profit if the bill becomes law.

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2013/07/perrys-sister-an-advocate-for-ambulatory-surgical-centers/

If the bill passes, only five Texas abortion clinics would remain open — those that are already equipped as ambulatory surgical centers, advocates say. But a question remains: would the 420 other ambulatory surgical centers that exist in Texas begin performing the operation? Abortion rights advocates predict that the demand for the procedure won’t disappear with passage of the law.

One company that will be faced with that decision is United Surgical Partners International, based in Addison, TX. Their vice-president of government affairs is Milla Perry Jones, Gov. Rick Perry’s sister. She is also on the board of the Texas Ambulatory Surgical Center Society.

Simply put, Milla Perry Jones sits on the board of the United Surgical Partners Corporation. They currently operate 420 surgical centers in the state. Closing 37 of the 42 clinics in Texas significantly eliminates competition and gives the company the ability to offer and perform abortion procedures at a higher cost. This means low income women will have to pay more to get an abortion and Rick Perry’s sister will profit from it.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/08/rick-perrys-sister-could-personally-profit-from-closing-most-of-the-abortion-clinics-in-texas/#ixzz2YSxOII88

Making the poor Pay More, is a Good Old Republican Value :wink:

Chris
07-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Crony capitalism everywhere you look.

I thought state Senator Wendy Davis filibustered the bill. Perry, like you, cigar, decried it disrupted the democratic process.

KC
07-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Crony capitalism at it's worst. While the people are distracted by the cultural issues like abortion, they are blinded to what's really going on. This really has nothing to do w Republicans vs Democrats though. Democrats often also use economic intervention as a way to enhance their own (or their backers) personal wealth.

Cigar
07-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Crony capitalism at it's worst. While the people are distracted by the cultural issues like abortion, they are blinded to what's really going on. This really has nothing to do w Republicans vs Democrats though. Democrats often also use economic intervention as a way to enhance their own (or their backers) personal wealth.

Remember the Good Old Days when Republicans where concerned about Jobs and Monthly Jobs Reports? :grin:

jillian
07-08-2013, 10:54 AM

should people ignore the 'cultural issues'?

maybe women should allow a bunch of stupid old hacks to infringe on their well-settled, and hard fought for, rights

KC
07-08-2013, 11:03 AM
should people ignore the 'cultural issues'?

maybe women should allow a bunch of stupid old hacks to infringe on their well-settled, and hard fought for, rights

Absolutely not. This is another reason why women should stay vigilant, because restrictive government policies are exactly what gives the government the leeway to pull crap like this.

Personally, I'm against abortion, but believe it shouldn't be restricted in many ways for various reasons. This is one of them.

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Absolutely not. This is another reason why women should stay vigilant, because restrictive government policies are exactly what gives the government the leeway to pull crap like this.

Personally, I'm against abortion, but believe it shouldn't be restricted in many ways for various reasons. This is one of them.

Agree.

But social issues should be left to society to resolve, not government.

KC
07-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Agree.

And that can only happen if government stays out of them.

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:11 AM
And that can only happen if government stays out of them.

IOW, what we need is separation of society and government. ;-)

Cigar
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM

You'd be happy with Society Voting over your body?

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:27 AM
You'd be happy with Society Voting over your body?

You'd be happy with government deciding? Society decides locally, US government nationally.

jillian
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Agree.

which is why roe v wade said that one is up to the individual.

now leave women alone.

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:32 AM

now leave women alone.

which is why (A) roe v wade said that one is (B) up to the individual.

(A), a government decision for all, contradicts (B), individual choice.

now leave women alone.

Then leave the unborn alone. Stop advocating murdering them.

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2013, 11:34 AM

now leave women alone.

Leave innocent, unborn children that are our future alone.

Cigar
07-08-2013, 11:37 AM

So are you saying you really do care about Children that have future potential, or does that end after they clear the birth Canal. :rollseyes:

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2013, 11:39 AM
So are you saying you really do care about Children that have future potential, or does that end after they clear the birth Canal. :rollseyes:

If they are innocent they deserve to live. I don't know anything about the innocence of children already here, so I can't debate that.

You know everything Cigar, obviously it is you who should get to decide which children live and which children die. :rollseyes:

Cigar
07-08-2013, 11:42 AM
If they are innocent they deserve to live. I don't know anything about the innocence of children already here, so I can't debate that.

You know everything Cigar, obviously it is you who should get to decide which children live and which children die. :rollseyes:

Coming from a "Personal Responsibility" standpoint ... you should not stop the fight for life after the baby gets slapped. :wink:

jillian
07-08-2013, 11:42 AM

only if you're a gubment hating extremist who hates our constitution.

jillian
07-08-2013, 11:44 AM

so 'small government' means intrude on women's most personal decisions because of your own personal religious beliefs?

sounds pretty large government to me....

i've never met anyone wise enough to make other people's life decisions. most can barely make their own.

now go ask yourself why 80% of anti-choice activists are men.

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:45 AM
only if you're a gubment hating extremist who hates our constitution.

In your imagination I don't doubt that's true. But can you point to where in the Constitution we granted government the right to meddle in social issues?

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Coming from a "Personal Responsibility" standpoint ... you should not stop the fight for life after the baby gets slapped. :wink:

so 'small government' means intrude on women's most personal decisions because of your own personal religious beliefs?

i've never met anyone wise enough to make other people's life decisions. most can barely make their own.

Where do you come up with these doublespeak perversions of what others say?

Cigar
07-08-2013, 11:47 AM
In your imagination I don't doubt that's true. But can you point to where in the Constitution we granted government the right to meddle in social issues?

They are already superseding Doctors Orders ... :wink:

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Right. A government that wants innocent children to live is "big government" but the government that wants to flood the wombs that house future American citizens with toxic and lethal gasses is "small government."

You heard it here first, people, from the Liberal.

jillian
07-08-2013, 11:49 AM

right... government isn't interfering or anything when a bunch of stupid old men pass laws assaulting women with non-consensual and unnecessary medical tests....

wackos.

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Dr. Kermit Gosnell's?

Chris
07-08-2013, 11:50 AM
right... government isn't interfering or anything when a bunch of stupid old men pass laws assaulting women with non-consensual and unnecessary medical tests....

wackos.

Why are you so hateful?

Cigar
07-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Right. A government that wants innocent children to live is "big government" but the government that wants to flood the wombs that house future American citizens with toxic and lethal gasses is "small government."

You heard it here first, people, from the Liberal.

Got it ... so the Fight for your life should have ended after ass got smacked.

patrickt
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Cut-rate doctors for socialized medicine. The liberal war on women continues.

Cigar
07-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Cut-rate doctors for socialized medicine. The liberal war on women continues.

There's more Woman than Men ... just another part of The GOP Electorate that's disintegration fast.

Good Luck on 2016

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2013, 12:02 PM
That would be "women," the plural of "woman," Ceegar.

zelmo1234
07-08-2013, 12:26 PM

And 100% of the abortions kill a child! So why does this child have no rights?

Cigar
07-08-2013, 12:31 PM
And 100% of the abortions kill a child! So why does this child have no rights?

http://eideard.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/food-stamps.jpg?w=471

So you tell us why?

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
No need to distract, Cigar, just answer the question.

zelmo1234
07-08-2013, 12:34 PM
http://eideard.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/food-stamps.jpg?w=471

So you tell us why?

Because Mommy lied to the child, she sold her food stamps to buy drugs and is so darn lazy she will never get a job! :) How is that for an explanation, Now why do unborn children have no rights

Cigar
07-08-2013, 12:35 PM
No need to distract, Cigar, just answer the question.

No ... Ive been asking the same question ... when does YOUR Fight for Human Life ENDS?

Cigar
07-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Because Mommy lied to the child, she sold her food stamps to buy drugs and is so darn lazy she will never get a job! :) How is that for an explanation, Now why do unborn children have no rights

I see ... so you know this individual "personally" ?

zelmo1234
07-08-2013, 12:40 PM
I see ... so you know this individual "personally" ?

About as personal as the rich white men that are trying to take food stamps away!

GrassrootsConservative
07-08-2013, 12:50 PM
No ... Ive been asking the same question ... when does YOUR Fight for Human Life ENDS?

When that human is no longer innocent.

Cigar
07-08-2013, 12:56 PM
When that human is no longer innocent.

Good ... we're on the same page ... and if we get off that page I'll remind you ... only when that human is no longer innocent. :wink: