PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Takes Lead in Iowa.....

MMC
12-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Newt Gingrich's campaign is rapidly imploding, and Ron Paul has now
taken the lead in Iowa. He's at 23% to 20% for Mitt Romney, 14% for Gingrich, 10%
each for Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, 4% for Jon Huntsman, and
2% for Gary Johnson.
Gingrich has now seen a big drop in his Iowa standing two weeks in a row. His share of
the vote has gone from 27% to 22% to 14%. And there's been a large drop in his
personal favorability numbers as well from +31 (62/31) to +12 (52/40) to now -1 (46/47).
Negative ads over the last few weeks have really chipped away at Gingrich's image as
being a strong conservative- now only 36% of voters believe that he has 'strong
principles,' while 43% think he does not.....snip~

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_IA_1218925.pdf

Note PPP is a Democratic Polling Company.....so does this mean now the MSM will go after Paul so they can make those numbers jump around? Even Repubs are acting like this drop in numbers by Gingrich is extremely significant. Especially as he has no Organization going in Iowa.

Mister D
12-19-2011, 08:24 PM
If he has no organization wouldn't you expect this to happen? Paul's numbers are the story here, IMHO. I'd have to see them replicated though.

MMC
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Yeah.....just like I expected the media to start showing His numbers going down right away. Moreover the Media seems to be focusing on only the endorsements of Romney!

Conley
12-19-2011, 08:29 PM
The media and the GOP leadership both want Romney. So to me Gingrich's implosion is not surprising. It's not any fault of his own IMO.

MMC
12-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Well then this morning Gingrich said something about going after Activist Judges. Plus he has the Neo-Con, the KrautHammer nailing him non-stop!

wingrider
12-20-2011, 07:32 AM
as much as I love the idea of paul being on the ticket it aint gonna happen ,, unless the power behind the throne decides Obama is done, No candidate that is currently running is gonna make the grade with the exception of romney,, that is just the way it is.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 09:11 AM
as much as I love the idea of paul being on the ticket it aint gonna happen ,, unless the power behind the throne decides Obama is done, No candidate that is currently running is gonna make the grade with the exception of romney,, that is just the way it is.

It might be a partly self-fulfilling prophecy but I'm inclined to agree.

Conley
12-20-2011, 09:32 AM

Michelle? :grin:

Pendragon
12-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Once again, Ron Paul is irrelevant. He's a doddering old fool who apart from fiscal responsibility is full of dangerous and irresponsible ideas. As much as I fear the Grand Old Party winning the Office of the President I am comforted by the knowledge that he will be nowhere near it.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 06:25 PM
I never considered Paul a viable, electable candidate. After hearing his whine-fest about his position on Iran, I'm convinced now.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I never considered Paul a viable, electable candidate. After hearing his whine-fest about his position on Iran, I'm convinced now.

He's not. I agree. Makes a better fiscal case than perhaps anyone on either side but sounds like a batchit crazy loon on most other issues.

MMC
12-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Everyone says the same thing about Paul when it comes to economics and fiscal policy. Yet none pick him or put him into a postion where he can do some good. Even after elections. IMO its because they all know he will gut them from getting those hands into the cookie and candy jars.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Everyone says the same thing about Paul when it comes to economics and fiscal policy. Yet none pick him or put him into a postion where he can do some good. Even after elections. IMO its because they all know he will gut them from getting those hands into the cookie and candy jars.

Economically he's pretty qualified and would probably bring a lot of good change to the POTUS table.

It's the other aspects of POTUS that concern people.

Maybe he should pull the same stunt Howard Stern tried when he threw his hat into the NY governer race a decade or two ago. Run on one issue (I think it was something to do with broadcasting regs or whatever) and immediately quit when that job is done and let the real "governer" candidate (his deputy running mate) take over.

MMC
12-20-2011, 08:58 PM
What I meant was no one picks him for a Cabinet Position. Nor put him over the Fed. Then to top it off they made Ryan the Head of the Houses Purse Strings. Not Paul. Which technically Paul should have had that spot over Ryan.

wingrider
12-21-2011, 01:04 AM
What I meant was no one picks him for a Cabinet Position. Nor put him over the Fed. Then to top it off they made Ryan the Head of the Houses Purse Strings. Not Paul. Which technically Paul should have had that spot over Ryan.

right on the money... see thses fools don't know how to think outside the box,, if they did they would do as you suggested, then submarine Paul so he loses all crdibilty even on the fiscal aspect of his platform,, paul would then quietly just go away and be about as relevent as dog shit in a sand box.. but no they just let him go on telling people what is wrong fiscally and gaining a certain amount of popularity.

MMC
12-21-2011, 07:02 AM
right on the money... see thses fools don't know how to think outside the box,, if they did they would do as you suggested, then submarine Paul so he loses all crdibilty even on the fiscal aspect of his platform,, paul would then quietly just go away and be about as relevent as dog shit in a sand box.. but no they just let him go on telling people what is wrong fiscally and gaining a certain amount of popularity.

I agree with you WR 100%.....which shows me the Conservatives are full of shit half the of the time they open their mouths. They have forgotten what it means to be a Republican. They have forgooten those Repulican prinicples and only tout the words as to appease those to hear. Especially Southern Cons and Neo-Cons. The Wannabes!

Even independant sources know Pauls stats on fiscal policy is dead on the money. Yet none of the so called Leadership of the GOP does anything to make the RIGHT and necessary moves when it comes to divvying out those Committee positions. Nor picking of those that were competition for the GOP nominee.

Then of course the MSM always shows his comments on Foreign Policy leaning on that or some of those Libertarian Ideas. Like the legalization of Marijuana.