PDA

View Full Version : Regulations Drive Small Farmers Under

Taxcutter
07-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Such regs are no big deal to agricultural mega-corporations, but when the same guy that drives the tractor has to put in hundreds of hours filling out paperwork on every head of lettuce…sometime it just isn’t worth the hassle.

http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2013/07/08/when-the-guy-comes-with-a-clipboard/

quote:
“I can fight the bugs, I can fight the lack of rain, but when the guy comes with a clipboard what are you going to do?”

“…federal food safety regulations that likely will require farmers to very specifically track their produce and how it is handled from seed to sale…”

Taxcutter says:
We passed the point of “enough is enough” thirty years ago,

ptif219
07-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Such regs are no big deal to agricultural mega-corporations, but when the same guy that drives the tractor has to put in hundreds of hours filling out paperwork on every head of lettuce…sometime it just isn’t worth the hassle.

quote:
“I can fight the bugs, I can fight the lack of rain, but when the guy comes with a clipboard what are you going to do?”

“…federal food safety regulations that likely will require farmers to very specifically track their produce and how it is handled from seed to sale…”

Taxcutter says:

Just shows democrats lie and they do what big corporations want and are trying to kill the small business

patrickt
07-09-2013, 04:32 PM

quote:

Taxcutter says:

Is this a surprise. Corporations, agricultural or otherwise, can make huge political donations. Small businesses, agricultural or otherwise, can't. So, the liberals hatred of business is expressed with the contempt and destruction of small businesses.

Ravi
07-09-2013, 05:30 PM
He quit over something that might happen a few years from now. Sounds like a convenient excuse to blame his faults on the gubmint. Someone else will be along to pick up the slack: one of the great things about capitalism.

ptif219
07-09-2013, 05:34 PM
He quit over something that might happen a few years from now. Sounds like a convenient excuse to blame his faults on the gubmint. Someone else will be along to pick up the slack: one of the great things about capitalism.

You mean Obama supports those that can give democrats money and the little guys are just a pain in the ass to obama

Dr. Who
07-09-2013, 08:56 PM

quote:

Taxcutter says:

I agree with you. Surprise! Government is making regulations that favor industrial farming. They are prey to lobbyists - to big business that is ruling the government.

Taxcutter
07-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Small farmers are just a subset of small business in general. In the current state of affairs, government makes it very difficult for a small business to compete.