PDA

View Full Version : Illionis House overrides governor's veto of concealed carry bill

Cigar
07-09-2013, 01:23 PM
SPRINGFIELD — The Illinois House, with no debate, voted 77-31 today to override Gov. Pat Quinn’s changes to a compromise plan to regulate the concealed carrying of firearms in the state.

The state Senate must also vote to override Quinn’s rewrite of the bill for the measure to become law. That vote is expected later today.

The measure got 89 votes in its original House roll call at the end of May. It needed 71 House votes to override Quinn’s amendatory veto.

Illinois is the only state that bans so-called concealed carry — but faces a court-mandated deadline of today to enact regulations after a federal appellate court ruled the state's prohibition unconstitutional.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-illinois-concealed-carry,0,4356935.story

YeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa it's really going to be Cowboys and Indians now ...

Trust me, Illinois Gun Nuts don't wait to get in danger before shooting, they just ask for forgiveness from the next of kin.

ptif219
07-09-2013, 03:23 PM
SPRINGFIELD — The Illinois House, with no debate, voted 77-31 today to override Gov. Pat Quinn’s changes to a compromise plan to regulate the concealed carrying of firearms in the state.

The state Senate must also vote to override Quinn’s rewrite of the bill for the measure to become law. That vote is expected later today.

The measure got 89 votes in its original House roll call at the end of May. It needed 71 House votes to override Quinn’s amendatory veto.

Illinois is the only state that bans so-called concealed carry — but faces a court-mandated deadline of today to enact regulations after a federal appellate court ruled the state's prohibition unconstitutional.

Read more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-illinois-concealed-carry,0,4356935.story

Trust me, Illinois Gun Nuts don't wait to get in danger before shooting, they just ask for forgiveness from the next of kin.

It has been cowboy and indians in Chicago for a couple of years now. Now people can legally defend themselves

patrickt
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
Illinois is the last state to approve concealed carry so, according to Cigar, the other 49 states, or 56 is you believe President Obama, are already "cowboys and Indians". Or, is everyone waiting for Chicago to blaze the path.

Cigar
07-09-2013, 08:23 PM
For the geographically challenged, Illions has more than one town and city.

:)

ptif219
07-09-2013, 08:41 PM
For the geographically challenged, Illions has more than one town and city.

:)

Yet it has an out of control city

http://www.newsy.com/videos/deadly-july-4-weekend-in-chicago-9-killed-55-injured/

roadmaster
07-09-2013, 09:01 PM
Well then they will be able to defend themselves without risking going to jail for having a gun in their possession. Less victims.

Mister D
07-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Illinois is the last state to approve concealed carry so, according to Cigar, the other 49 states, or 56 is you believe President Obama, are already "cowboys and Indians". Or, is everyone waiting for Chicago to blaze the path.

It amazes me that this is what concerns him rather than the violence in Chicago.

Cigar
07-09-2013, 09:22 PM
It amazes me that this is what concerns him rather than the violence in Chicago.

I don't give a shit about thousands of cities and towns I don't live in. I amazes me that you are the one bitching and complaining about Chicago each and every week on this forum, why don't you tell us what you're going to do about it or what can you do about it. I care about the town I live in, period. What town do you care about you don't live in? Why are you concerned about me careing about a place I don't live in?

If you and your bitches care so much about violence in Chicago, get off your ass and do something about it. :)

Do you guyS ever log off?

roadmaster
07-09-2013, 09:42 PM
If you and your bitches care so much about violence in Chicago Who are you calling this?

Mister D
07-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Who are you calling this?

He's just flailing. He also doesn't see the irony in the question. For a guy who claims to be concerned about gun violence this is the issue he brings up? Really? You don't need to speculate about the slaughter in Chicago. That's an ongoing reality. Yet it's ignored. He'd rather engage in mindless partisanship. I'm not sure if he's just stupid, callous, or both.

ptif219
07-09-2013, 09:48 PM
I don't give a shit about thousands of cities and towns I don't live in. I amazes me that you are the one bitching and complaining about Chicago each and every week on this forum, why don't you tell us what you're going to do about it or what can you do about it. I care about the town I live in, period. What town do you care about you don't live in? Why are you concerned about me careing about a place I don't live in?

If you and your bitches care so much about violence in Chicago, get off your ass and do something about it. :)

Obama uses gun violence for his agenda but never mentions Chicago because Black on Black gang and drug violence has not political advantage. Obama is a hypocrite

Mister D
07-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Obama uses gun violence for his agenda but never mentions Chicago because Black on Black gang and drug violence has not political advantage. Obama is a hypocrite

Black on Black gang and drug violence is also much of our supposed gun problem. All gun control advocates are cowards.

TheInternet
07-09-2013, 10:32 PM

Some of us give a shit about fellow Americans being slaughtered. Sorry you don't.

roadmaster
07-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Black on Black gang and drug violence is also much of our supposed gun problem. All gun control advocates are cowards.
It's just not that, Italians, and other business owners are also targeted in these areas.

ChoppedLiver
07-10-2013, 01:44 AM

Nah. It won't be like that. We already played THAT game. :cool:

Cigar
07-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Some of us give a shit about fellow Americans being slaughtered. Sorry you don't.

Log-Of the Computer, raise up from your chair and do something about it.

Mister D
07-10-2013, 07:42 AM

Rigt but he'd rather ignore the real problems and make wild speculations about potential problems. His mentality is not uncommon. There is something diseased about our political culture.

Mister D
07-10-2013, 07:43 AM
It's just not that, Italians, and other business owners are also targeted in these areas.

Sure. Koreans, Jews, and other "interlopers" are targeted. That's been going on for some time

Cigar
07-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Rigt but he'd rather ignore the real problems and make wild speculations about potential problems. His mentality is not uncommon. There is something diseased about our political culture.

Are you ignoring the real problems?

Tell us exactly what you're doing about it and when you're not on Political Forums bitching and complaining about what other people aren't doing?

What is Mister D's claim to fame on Political Culture?

:grin:

Taxcutter
07-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Chicago police make no effort to protect law-abiding citizens. The people are on their own. This measure at least gives them a fighting chance.

Cigar
07-10-2013, 11:00 AM
Chicago police make no effort to protect law-abiding citizens. The people are on their own. This measure at least gives them a fighting chance.

I guess that means you'll not be going to Chicago anytime soon ...