PDA

View Full Version : White House Stands by Biden Statement That Taliban Isn't U.S. Enemy

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 06:58 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/19/white-house-stands-by-biden-statement-that-taliban-isnt-us-enemy/?test=latestnews

If this isn't a clear indicator of where our administration's position is on enemy combatants, I don't know what is.

BO has been trying to kiss the Taliban's ass for years now, no doubt this is a scripted segue to opening up talks with them.

I absolutely have no problem with diplomacy - with civilized countries, groups who play by the "rules" of combat. Negotiating with radical terrorists who willingly send their children strapped with bombs and nails into marketplaces to kill women and children with the agenda of destroying western and Jewish culture and forcing Sharia law on everyone isn't a party that can diplomatically be negotiated with.

I don't understand how a rational and intelligent person fails to comprehend this.

Conley
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
http://www.allamericanblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/double-facepalm1.jpg

I'm not surprised that Biden would say something that stupid (it's his M.O.) but I am upset that this is official administration policy. Pathetic.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 07:09 PM
What? Weren't they always saying "Islam is not the enemy" which made sound political sense but the Taliban? For real? WTF were we doing in Afghanistan then?

Mister D
12-20-2011, 07:16 PM
http://www.allamericanblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/double-facepalm1.jpg

I'm not surprised that Biden would say something that stupid (it's his M.O.) but I am upset that this is official administration policy. Pathetic.

It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. What was he thinking? Maybe he just misspoke.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 07:18 PM
What? Weren't they always saying "Islam is not the enemy" which made sound political sense but the Taliban? For real? WTF were we doing in Afghanistan then?

Islam isn't the enemy, nor does the Taliban represent Islam.

Maybe that's the gray area that the administration doesn't understand.

Conley
12-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Protip: If someone is shooting at you, they are the enemy.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Islam isn't the enemy, nor does the Taliban represent Islam.

Maybe that's the gray area that the administration doesn't understand.

Possibly. That makes the comment comprehensible to a point.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Possibly. That makes the comment comprehensible to a point.

Right, but if our elected administration struggles with this basic concept, you can't not question their competence in matters of security.

Hell, you can't not question Biden's competence period. At least BO isn't shy about his agenda.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Right, but if our elected administration struggles with this basic concept, you can't not question their competence in matters of security.

Hell, you can't not question Biden's competence period. At least BO isn't shy about his agenda.

We marched in with the explicit goal of overthrowing the Taliban. :laugh: I always understood the idea that we don't want to portray this as a general struggle against Islam but c'mon! Do they think this makes them look good to Muslims? It makes us look ridiculous.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 07:39 PM
We marched in with the explicit goal of overthrowing the Taliban. :laugh: I always understood the idea that we don't want to portray this as a general struggle against Islam but c'mon! Do they think this makes them look good to Muslims? It makes us look ridiculous.

I'm going to stray into that "folksy" area again fully understanding the risk.

Would you agree that the average Muslim wants to go about his/her day doing their thing, making a living and all that in peace and prosperity? Much like say the average Christian? I don't think that's an unreasonable suggestion. The fringe radical Muslim wants to kill everything and anything especially Jews and those of western culture while bastardizing the Koran to their purpose, that we know. On the other end of the fringe are the casual Muslims who drive cabs and operate convenience stores.

Now consider the middle of the road Muslim - probably the majority of Muslims. Do they sympathize with terrorists? Do they generally dislike Jews and Americans? That's the question that needs to be understood. To what degree is there sympathy from mainstream Islam for terrorist acts?

I don't know if this is fully understood, maybe it is or at least our administration has it's concept of it and are pandering to it to some degree.

Conley
12-20-2011, 07:42 PM
I definitely don't think the middle of the road Muslim sympathizes with terrorists, but in my opinion the nationality of the group is more relevant than the religion. For example, middle of the road Muslims in Pakistan are probably far more sympathetic than middle of the road Muslims in France.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 07:45 PM
I definitely don't think the middle of the road Muslim sympathizes with terrorists, but in my opinion the nationality of the group is more relevant than the religion. For example, middle of the road Muslims in Pakistan are probably far more sympathetic than middle of the road Muslims in France.

Good point, but where are the high populations of moderate Muslims?

Conley
12-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Everywhere...I mean there are millions and millions of them across the globe. I'm not even sure what the point of generalizing is. Many terrorists are Muslims but Muslims as a population are huge. Even the recent protests in Pakistan, which were probably encouraged by all manner of propaganda only brought out 30k.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 07:53 PM
Everywhere...I mean there are millions and millions of them across the globe. I'm not even sure what the point of generalizing is. Many terrorists are Muslims but Muslims as a population are huge. Even the recent protests in Pakistan, which were probably encouraged by all manner of propaganda only brought out 30k.

I guess the point I'm trying to make here is that (I believe) a vast minority of moderate Muslims actually live in western cultures. I'm guessing the bulk of them live in Asia/Middle East.

Conley
12-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh I definitely agree with that, completely.

Conley
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
If I'm reading you right, we are probably fairly aligned on this point. I'd like to read a well-argued counterpoint but it's hard to find an intelligent one. If anything, moderate Muslims have been called out for not condemning terrorist attacks but who would speak for them? Who speaks for moderate Christians? I don't think such a person exists. The Pope speaks for the Catholics and Tebow is head of the Fundies :wink:, but beyond that?

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh I definitely agree with that, completely.

But the ones living here vote.

I'm just trying to connect the dots. Follow the campaign trail sort of, BO's actions lately are directly correlated to his opinion polls.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 08:00 PM
There does exist and uncomfortably large number of Muslims who do in fact sympathize with terrorism.. Even if that is 10% you're talking about a lot of people. As for Muslims in the West, I think Cap't is spot on. For example, I posted an article from the Jerusalem post on the old Politirant that showed the results of a survey of Muslims in the UK. They were frightening. The younger age brackets were significantly more radical than their parents.

Conley
12-20-2011, 08:01 PM
But the ones living here vote.

I'm just trying to connect the dots. Follow the campaign trail sort of, BO's actions lately are directly correlated to his opinion polls.

Mofo's be quotin me before I get my edits in, gonna be meetin' my gatt

Edit: needed to edit :laugh: trying to do too many things at once, have some family stuff that needs tending.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
If I'm reading you right, we are probably fairly aligned on this point. I'd like to read a well-argued counterpoint but it's hard to find an intelligent one. If anything, moderate Muslims have been called out for not condemning terrorist attacks but who would speak for them? Who speaks for moderate Christians? I don't think such a person exists. The Pope speaks for the Catholics and Tebow is head of the Fundies :wink:, but beyond that?

If "Christian" terrorism approached anything resembling the current troubles in Islam I do think it would be condemned outright and often by Christians everywhere.

Conley
12-20-2011, 08:02 PM
There does exist and uncomfortably large number of Muslims who do in fact sympathize with terrorism.. Even if that is 10% you're talking about a lot of people. As for Muslims in the West, I think Cap't is spot on. For example, I posted an article from the Jerusalem post on the old Politirant that showed the results of a survey of Muslims in the UK. They were frightening. The younger age brackets were significantly more radical than their parents.

Younger people will always be radical. Survey OWS and you'll get the same BS. I don't think the figure is anywhere near 10% but even .001% of Muslims is a massive number of people.

Conley
12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
If "Christian" terrorism approached anything resembling the current troubles in Islam I do think it would be condemned outright and often by Christians everywhere.

Would that be reported in the Muslim world? Would it even make a difference?

Mister D
12-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Younger people will always be radical. Survey OWS and you'll get the same BS. I don't think the figure is anywhere near 10% but even .001% of Muslims is a massive number of people.

I do. Mind you, not actively involved but sympathetic, yes.

Edit: and the point is they are supposed to be less radical and more assimilated than their parents.

Captain Obvious
12-20-2011, 08:06 PM

There is widespread condemnation by Christians of the crackpots who on rare occasion gather in complexes in Montana or wherever with stockpiles of guns and ammo "in the name of Christianity" and make the front news of every media outlet when they're bombed to smithereens by authorities.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Would that be reported in the Muslim world? Would it even make a difference?

Public outcries against terrorism in the Muslim world would be eagerly seized upon by Western media. Many outlets have already made it known that part of their mission is to combat "Islamophobia".

Mister D
12-20-2011, 08:11 PM
There is widespread condemnation by Christians of the crackpots who on rare occasion gather in complexes in Montana or wherever with stockpiles of guns and ammo "in the name of Christianity" and make the front news of every media outlet when they're bombed to smithereens by authorities.

True. There are also efforts to push them out of the community of the faithful.

Conley
12-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Public outcries against terrorism in the Muslim world would be eagerly seized upon by Western media. Many outlets have already made it known that part of their mission is to combat "Islamophobia".

I mean would Christian condemnation of Christian attacks make it to a newspaper in, say, Mumbai? I think many Muslims in the hotspots we are considering keep their heads down, and for good reason.

Mister D
12-20-2011, 08:47 PM
I mean would Christian condemnation of Christian attacks make it to a newspaper in, say, Mumbai? I think many Muslims in the hotspots we are considering keep their heads down, and for good reason.

Oh, I see. Good question. I'm not sure if it would but would they really need to keep their heads down if they were such an overwhelming majority? Surely we would have seen something somewhere, no?

BTW, don't get the wrong idea. In no way do I thin most Muslims are sympathetic to terrorism or approve of such things.

MMC
12-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Then let moderate Muslims explain Sharia Law.

wingrider
12-21-2011, 12:56 AM
6000 years ago some sheepherder stole a sheep belonging to another sheepherder, and the war was on and has been eversince,

then about 4000 years ago Abraham left Ur of the Chaldees and went to the promised land, which he then whipped everyones butt and took posession of the land, all well and good he was a mighty warrior,, then he had two sons Isaac and ishmael , now it happens that ishmael was the offspring of an egyptian slave and Abraham so even though he was the eldest he was disenheireted and everything went to Issac, now this pissed off ishmael and he went to war against his half brother, and they have been killing each other ever since.. you ain't gonna stop no war that has been going on for so long a time amoungst relatives.. it just ain"t gonna happen,, now that basically describes the muslim hatred of the jews.

fast forward to the crusades about 1100 AD.. the Catholics decided to invade Jerusalem this set the reasons for hatred between the religions for the hatred between christians and muslims..

now fast forward to the 20 and 21st century.. America fought muslims in the barbary coast and kicked their butts, that started the hatred for western civilization, add to that the constant interferrence by the USA in the middle east for the last 60 years , and now you have the reasons for the rise of groups like AQ and the Taliban...

MMC
12-21-2011, 07:23 AM
6000 years ago some sheepherder stole a sheep belonging to another sheepherder, and the war was on and has been eversince,

then about 4000 years ago Abraham left Ur of the Chaldees and went to the promised land, which he then whipped everyones butt and took posession of the land, all well and good he was a mighty warrior,, then he had two sons Isaac and ishmael , now it happens that ishmael was the offspring of an egyptian slave and Abraham so even though he was the eldest he was disenheireted and everything went to Issac, now this pissed off ishmael and he went to war against his half brother, and they have been killing each other ever since.. you ain't gonna stop no war that has been going on for so long a time amoungst relatives.. it just ain"t gonna happen,, now that basically describes the muslim hatred of the jews.

fast forward to the crusades about 1100 AD.. the Catholics decided to invade Jerusalem this set the reasons for hatred between the religions for the hatred between christians and muslims..

now fast forward to the 20 and 21st century.. America fought muslims in the barbary coast and kicked their butts, that started the hatred for western civilization, add to that the constant interferrence by the USA in the middle east for the last 60 years , and now you have the reasons for the rise of groups like AQ and the Taliban...

Yeah.....all stems from the Abraham's Wife Sarah's UNRIGHTEOUS ACTS and treatment of the Egyptian Slave Hortar. Except their interpretation of Hortar being visited by an Angel and told what would take place with Ishmael and that bloodline. Course the Arabs believe she was visited by GOD. Not an Angel. The Brews state Angel and not God. How about if they were both wrong and it was the Satan.

But then all was forgotten about how in the hell the Brews had taken and or bought Egyptian Slaves in the first place.. Then the confusion as to where do these Arabs line really fit into the context of it all. As Egyptians were not considered Arabs then. Egyptians were not Sunni or Shite. Nor were they Babylonian, Syrian, nor Persian.

Conley
12-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Sorry fellas, I had to run last night and when I tried to get back on I couldn't, it said something about a timeout? Not the usual error. Who does this computer think it is trying to tell me I need a timeout any way? :angry: :grin:

MMC
12-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah then I got kicked to as I was going to log out. I had just put that stuff up on Jeff Fort in the American Gangster thread and then whammo. All of a sudden there was a problem posting or clicking on anything. I kept thinking WTF the Fed dropped on us all because someone brought up Jeff Fort and the El Rukns. :angry:

:laugh: I was like damn the Thread says American Gangster what more do they want.

Conley
12-21-2011, 09:31 AM
:laugh: Between the Feds and the ChiComs we don't stand a chance! :shocked:

MMC
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
:laugh: Between the Feds and the ChiComs we don't stand a chance! :shocked:

:tongue: You got Enforcer Duties brutha.....just let me know when I can declare war on them. Plus if D steps up his game and pulls some of the most interesting Man in da World Shit on them. They don't stand a Chance. Dont forget to put the Libs on the front lines. We Put the Pendragon on the Front Gate and throw in that Hellraiser for support. Have JG take the Tower. He is good at throwing pot-shots out there. Then we got E for Everything else including Evacuation Purposes and that Security for the Establishment. Were good to go!:wink:

Mister D
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM
Sorry fellas, I had to run last night and when I tried to get back on I couldn't, it said something about a timeout? Not the usual error. Who does this computer think it is trying to tell me I need a timeout any way? :angry: :grin:

Power outage. Oops :wink:

Conley
12-21-2011, 10:17 AM
:laugh: Coulda been for all I know...Nancy P. forgot to pay the bills.

MMC
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Hmmmm power outage at the game.....power outage at home.....and power outage here. U noticing what I am noticin D? :undecided:

Mister D
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Hmmmm power outage at the game.....power outage at home.....and power outage here. U noticing what I am noticin D? :undecided:

Pelosi has been watching the Rant! :shocked:

MMC
12-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Pelosi has been watching the Rant! :shocked:

Either that or we know who our brutha had over for that veggie dinner! :biglaugh:

Mister D
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Either that or we know who our brutha had over for that veggie dinner! :biglaugh:

:shocked:

Conley
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
:rofl:

MMC
12-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Well.....he was the one to bring up about Pelosi's Infrastructure! :laugh: Then things went dark! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

GRUMPY
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Protip: If someone is shooting at you, they are the enemy.

or maybe you are standing at the wrong end of the range.....

GRUMPY
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
say maybe the taliban does not consider us to be the enemy per se either.....wow, ten years plus of killing one another and no one considers anyone to be the enemy....

Mister D
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
say maybe the taliban does not consider us to be the enemy per se either.....wow, ten years plus of killing one another and no one considers anyone to be the enemy....

One can only shake his head and wonder how this administration came to be.

GRUMPY
12-21-2011, 12:32 PM

public education and the nanny state.....

MMC
12-21-2011, 04:30 PM
or maybe you are standing at the wrong end of the range.....

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

MMC
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM

It's Called Clinton-itis!!!!! :laugh:

Captain Obvious
12-21-2011, 07:26 PM

Exactly.

And BO's done this before, he's wooed the Taliban into potentially discussing peace but they basically told him to fuck off.

And this is the part that I absolutely don't get, you cannot negotiate with an entity who's prime objective is to rid the planet of you.

Conley
12-21-2011, 08:00 PM
The Taliban has shown no interest in negotiating and why would they? They know we're leaving, and as soon as we're gone, well...just look at what is happening in Iraq.

GRUMPY
12-22-2011, 05:17 PM
nor should we....rather we should rain on them until they are no more, without mercy or call for mercy.....what is best in life.....to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their woman....of course most of the women over there could easily be confused with goats....hat tip conan....seriously folks the way to avoid future conflict is to proscute war completely....

Mister D
12-22-2011, 07:09 PM
“The essence of war is violence. Moderation in war is imbecility.”
John Arbuthnot

Conley
12-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Never heard of the guy :grin: but he speaks the truth.

Mister D
12-22-2011, 08:14 PM

I heard the quote before I knew who said it. Some Englishman. An Admiral, I believe.

GRUMPY
12-24-2011, 12:49 PM

my name is GRUMPY and i always speak the truth, you have only to listen......

Mister D
12-24-2011, 01:05 PM
:grin:

wingrider
12-26-2011, 11:12 AM
you know why Biden says the taliban isn't the enemy of the American People?

because our government has no equal when it comes to be the enemy of the American People.

if you doubt me, then check out the patriot act, the TSA, the signing statements etc etc etc