PDA

View Full Version : A few Wrongful Death Sutes

Cigar
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
The untimely death (he was only 50) of iconic musician Michael Jackson in 2009 and the subsequent criminal charges and civil lawsuits for wrongful death (http://ronmoore.wordjack.com/products-services) against Dr. Conrad Murray, his physician, have brought the issue of wrongful death into the limelight.

Tragic as his death was, Jackson’s is not the only famous name to be associated with wrongful death allegations and lawsuits. Two others are:

OJ Simpson

In June 1994, Nicole Brown Simpson and a friend named Ronald Goldman were murdered. Orenthal James (OJ) Simpson, famous football player and Nicole’s ex-husband, was later arrested and tried for the murders. OJ Simpson was acquitted on the murder charges but later lost a civil case for wrongful death.

Nancy Grace

In 2006 TV show host Nancy Ann Grace (along with CNN), was slapped with a wrongful death lawsuit relating to the suicide of Melinda Duckett. Duckett had been interviewed by Grace the day before her death. She committed suicide shortly before the interview aired. Family members of Duckett maintained that the media in general, and especially Nancy Grace, had caused Melinda’s suicide by badgering her and making it obvious they thought she was guilty. The case was settled out of court in November 2006.

Because the rules and application of the law differ slightly in criminal and civil courts, it is possible for a person to be found not guilty of murder but still lose a civil wrongful death case (http://www.ronmoorelitigator.com/page3.html). The reverse is also true, just because a person has been convicted of murder or manslaughter does not mean that a wrongful death case against them will automatically succeed – although it may well strengthen the case. It takes a skilled lawyer to win a wrongful death lawsuit.

Sometimes ... even the Dead can still reach out and touch someone ... :wink:

Mister D
07-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Ah, it looks like the lynch mob is preparing for the worst. Of course they will be ready to gloat if he is convicted. What poor character...

Hopefully, Trayvon's would be avengers are all as cowardly as the OP. Frankly, I doubt he'd have the courage to even send George a nasty email.

Mainecoons
07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
"Sutes"

:rofl:

roadmaster
07-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Hopefully, Trayvon's would be avengers are all as cowardly as the OP. Frankly, I doubt he'd have the courage to even send George a nasty email. Looks like they are prepared to meet anyone who comes in. Might be a lot of stand your grounds getting ready to happen.

GrassrootsConservative
07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Looks like they are prepared to meet anyone who comes in. Might be a lot of stand your grounds getting ready to happen.

I know I'm certainly prepared to stand my ground if I need to. :wink:

Mister D
07-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Looks like they are prepared to meet anyone who comes in. Might be a lot of stand your grounds getting ready to happen.

Sad. I hate this media. They've whipped up tensions. How do these people sleep at night? Well, at least we know the OP won't standing his ground. He'll be cowering behind his second hand desk.