Shogun
07-12-2013, 10:32 PM
:afro:

Dr. Who
07-12-2013, 10:33 PM
:afro:Hi Shogun. Welcome to the forum.

Dr. Who
07-12-2013, 10:50 PM
So Shogun, tell us a bit about yourself.

jillian
07-12-2013, 10:57 PM
:applause:

Shogun
07-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Well, Dr. Who, there isn't a lot to tell. Middle aged and a little more placated in life. I was checking out an old political stomping ground and noticed a lot of missing people. Googled one to find out where the exodus evacuated to and discovered this little corner of the internet.

I hope you are having a good evening.

GrassrootsConservative
07-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Voted the most obv answer. Welcome to the forum.

Adelaide
07-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Welcome!

oceanloverOH
07-12-2013, 11:35 PM
Shogun? Are you a Japanese history afficionado?

Welcome!

strollingbonez
07-13-2013, 06:04 AM
hello, hello, a few of us are here....i was banned....it was up the 11 th...i am not sure i want to go back..this place is pretty good...a wee bit over moderatered...seems insulting each other is off the table...

IMPress Polly
07-13-2013, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the forums, Shogun. :smiley:

Dr. Who
07-13-2013, 10:00 AM
hello, hello, a few of us are here....i was banned....it was up the 11 th...i am not sure i want to go back..this place is pretty good...a wee bit over moderatered...seems insulting each other is off the table...You weren't here a while back when we had an outbreak of virulent inflammatory insultosis. It had a very high level of contagion. Quarantine didn't work. We lost a few.

strollingbonez
07-14-2013, 06:07 AM
You weren't here a while back when we had an outbreak of virulent inflammatory insultosis. It had a very high level of contagion. Quarantine didn't work. We lost a few.

and they are kinda touchie about it.....lol....

dr we come from a board that has gone from wide open to lets get rid of the people who were here for years and object to the censorship..

Ravi
07-14-2013, 08:57 PM
​nice to see you Soggy!

Dr. Who
07-14-2013, 09:21 PM
and they are kinda touchie about it.....lol....

dr we come from a board that has gone from wide open to lets get rid of the people who were here for years and object to the censorship..Censorship of ideas was not the issue. Behavior became a problem and we ultimately had to enforce the rules more strictly than before. The premise of the forum is to discuss topics, not to hurl insults for pages on end. I have no idea what forum you previously enjoyed, but at tPF we like those members who want to participate in discussion not to have to endure unrestricted thread derailing insults and personal attacks. We also expect members to post in good faith. That means not starting threads that are from the outset intended to inflame. You might feel that we are a bit zealous, but we have seen where under-moderation leads.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 06:18 AM
Censorship of ideas was not the issue. Behavior became a problem and we ultimately had to enforce the rules more strictly than before. The premise of the forum is to discuss topics, not to hurl insults for pages on end. I have no idea what forum you previously enjoyed, but at tPF we like those members who want to participate in discussion not to have to endure unrestricted thread derailing insults and personal attacks. We also expect members to post in good faith. That means not starting threads that are from the outset intended to inflame. You might feel that we are a bit zealous, but we have seen where under-moderation leads.

the censorship remark was about the old board we were on.....as far as i can see here...the rules are the rules for everyone...mods here are not using rules to curtail those who disagree with them...i think i post in good faith but flaming is fun at times..but the 'hole' is where that happens?

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 06:22 AM
btw..isnt this off topic.....:rollseyes:

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 06:23 AM
<---practicing to be the new female pagan liberal mod

Ravi
07-15-2013, 12:41 PM
btw..isnt this off topic.....:rollseyes:

No worries, I just reported him. And you. :grin:

Dr. Who
07-15-2013, 07:06 PM
the censorship remark was about the old board we were on.....as far as i can see here...the rules are the rules for everyone...mods here are not using rules to curtail those who disagree with them...i think i post in good faith but flaming is fun at times..but the 'hole' is where that happens?The hole is the free for all place - also the naughty room for the infracted.