PDA

View Full Version : Gay Spiderman, what next?

Agravan
07-12-2013, 11:46 PM
"Spider-Man" star Andrew Garfield has a controversial suggestion about how to update the classic character: make Spidey gay. The actor told Entertainment Weekly he's had lengthy "philosophical" discussions with film producers about switching the gender of Peter Parker's girlfriend Mary Jane, aka M.J. (played by Garfield's real-life girlfriend Emma Stone). "What if M.J. is a dude?" Garfield mused. "Why can't we discover that Peter is exploring his sexuality? It's hardly even groundbreaking!" Garfield even knows who he wants to play his onscreen boyfriend: "The Wire" star Michael B. Jordan (http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=michael+b+jordan&FORM=MSNTRE). " He’s so charismatic and talented," Garfield gushed. Sounds like someone's got a crush. [Source (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/07/10/andrew-garfield-spider-man-gay/)]
http://now.msn.com/gay-spider-man-considered-by-andrew-garfield-actor?ocid=ansnowex

What do you guys think of the latest liberal sissy-fying of classic Comic book Heroes?

roadmaster
07-13-2013, 12:32 AM
They are trying to put gay in everything like it's normal.

oceanloverOH
07-13-2013, 12:47 AM
So stupid. Leave the old heroes alone; let the movie writers write a script for Gay-man or something.

Agravan
07-13-2013, 01:01 AM
Spiderman has always been one of my favorites. I used to read the comics, and I've seen all the movies. If they make him gay I will no longer watch them. Not because he's gay, but out of protest of Gay Activism that strives to inject gayness into everything that was decent America. hell, damn near every new series has homosexual couples in it now. This is getting disgusting. the people that bitch about government being in their bedrooms want to make sure the entire country sees what goes on in their bedrooms. Just more "normalization" of unnatural sexual deviancy being shoved down America's throat.

GrassrootsConservative
07-13-2013, 09:49 AM
A man in tights that runs around shooting people (mainly men) with white sticky goo.

It only makes sense that he would be gay.

Mister D
07-13-2013, 10:00 AM
LOL! GrassrootsConservative

Why not make him a black lesbian? Go all out.

Adelaide
07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
It doesn't make sense to alter a well-known comic character, but it isn't a huge deal. These movies tend to appeal to younger generations and they mostly consider homosexuality to be natural and normal.

Peter1469
07-13-2013, 02:32 PM
I voted that I don't care: I don't read comics or watch movies based off of comics.

Dr. Who
07-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I vote leave Spiderman true to the comic book. He's been straight for a long time, changing his sexuality at this point in time is just weird. Better to come up with a new gay character from scratch.

Chloe
07-13-2013, 07:17 PM
I don't see a problem with it honestly, but then again I don't really care either way. Spiderman is not real so whether he is straight or gay wouldn't make a difference since he is not real. I mean when you watch those movies or read those comic books you are basically suspending reality for that time frame and so if he goes home to a gay partner instead of a girl does it change his spider concept or the basic fantasy of the character?

GrassrootsConservative
07-13-2013, 07:21 PM
I don't see a problem with it honestly, but then again I don't really care either way. Spiderman is not real so whether he is straight or gay wouldn't make a difference since he is not real.

I would hope nobody here was ever under the assumption that Spiderman is real.

Chloe
07-13-2013, 07:25 PM
I would hope nobody here was ever under the assumption that Spiderman is real.

lol well yeah I know that. I guess my point was that it shouldn't really make anybody mad if a made up character likes boys or girls.

GrassrootsConservative
07-13-2013, 07:27 PM
lol well yeah I know that. I guess my point was that it shouldn't really make anybody mad if a made up character likes boys or girls.

You obviously aren't familiar with comic book fanboys then. Probably a good thing for you.

Agravan
07-13-2013, 07:31 PM
These are the characters some of us grew up with. I can understand that the younger generation would not understand this since most never read comic books. But some of us did, and it's offensive that liberals want to turn every hero into a gay man/woman. I agree that if they want gay heroes, create new ones. Leave the old characters alone. I think they just do this to piss on American traditional values.

Chloe
07-13-2013, 07:37 PM
These are the characters some of us grew up with. I can understand that the younger generation would not understand this since most never read comic books. But some of us did, and it's offensive that liberals want to turn every hero into a gay man/woman. I agree that if they want gay heroes, create new ones. Leave the old characters alone. I think they just do this to piss on American traditional values.

Fair enough. I'm not trying to offend you or anybody else that like spiderman of course. I guess for me it's just a fantasy type character and so open to change anytime the artist or writer wants to change it. Make him black or hispanic and I guess it wouldn't matter to me. Granted i'm also not at all a comic book person so i'm probably being offensive without even knowing it.

jillian
07-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Fair enough. I'm not trying to offend you or anybody else that like spiderman of course. I guess for me it's just a fantasy type character and so open to change anytime the artist or writer wants to change it. Make him black or hispanic and I guess it wouldn't matter to me. Granted i'm also not at all a comic book person so i'm probably being offensive without even knowing it.

all that is fine and good. but really one has to wonder why anyone cares about the sexuality of either another human being or a comic book character.

Dr. Who
07-13-2013, 07:40 PM
These are the characters some of us grew up with. I can understand that the younger generation would not understand this since most never read comic books. But some of us did, and it's offensive that liberals want to turn every hero into a gay man/woman. I agree that if they want gay heroes, create new ones. Leave the old characters alone. I think they just do this to piss on American traditional values.Although comic books are not great literature, they do create a certain history for people. Changing the characters is like rewriting history and for those who have fond memories of the original version, it is really like messing with your childhood memories.

Agravan
07-13-2013, 07:45 PM
But usually, it's not the creator that wants to do this. It's modern liberals that want this.
Look, Spiderman is fictional, I know that, but when I was a kid, ages ago, Imy uncle used to read comic books avidly. He would then give me boxes of comic books that I would sit and read for hours. The creators of the characters created them with specific characteristics. Most of these guys are dead or no longer in the business, but their original character designs should be honored. Create new ones if you just have to have gay heroes, but stop trying to force your lifestyle on the rest of us by taking away iconic American characters.

Agravan
07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
all that is fine and good. but really one has to wonder why anyone cares about the sexuality of either another human being or a comic book character.
If you think that, then why change traditional characters into gay ones? If it does not matter to you?

Dr. Who
07-13-2013, 07:52 PM
If you think that, then why change traditional characters into gay ones? If it does not matter to you?If they want to do a gay superhero, try a gay Green Lantern. Since Green Lantern is the name of several superheroes, the newest Green Lantern could be gay.

GrassrootsConservative
07-13-2013, 07:55 PM
What's hard about creating a new superhero?

Why must you paint over and kill older franchises?

@Agravan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=351) is making the most sense here IMO.

Agravan
07-13-2013, 07:58 PM
If they want to do a gay superhero, try a gay Green Lantern. Since Green Lantern is the name of several superheroes, the newest Green Lantern could be gay.
He is.

Dr. Who
07-13-2013, 08:02 PM
He is.I didn't know that, but looking it up, I see that DC did that last year. At least it doesn't mess with any existing characters.

Common
07-13-2013, 10:27 PM
It doesn't make sense to alter a well-known comic character, but it isn't a huge deal. These movies tend to appeal to younger generations and they mostly consider homosexuality to be natural and normal.

If young people think homosexuality is "NATURAL and NORMAL then something has gone very wrong in our world.
How the hell did 3% of humans born with a birth defect, convince our youth that being a homosexual is NORMAL
I would like someone to explain to me how its normal. Nevermind, dont try to explain it to me because you just cant.

Mister D
07-13-2013, 10:46 PM
If young people think homosexuality is "NATURAL and NORMAL then something has gone very wrong in our world.
How the hell did 3% of humans born with a birth defect, convince our youth that being a homosexual is NORMAL
I would like someone to explain to me how its normal. Nevermind, dont try to explain it to me because you just cant.

Right. I will treat people with dignity and respect but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Common
07-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Right. I will treat people with dignity and respect but don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

This thing has just gotten stupid

Captain Obvious
07-14-2013, 03:39 AM
http://youbentmywookie.com/wookie/gallery/0512_gay_dc/gay_dc_1.jpg

zelmo1234
07-14-2013, 05:59 AM
I know that Captain American was slotted to be Gay, but the Gay activists that were pushing for it ran into backlash!

They (Militant Gay activists) will not be happy with a new character of a Character that is not a major one in history! What bothers me is to them because Hollywood will not change a major character into a gay person it is discrimination!

Unfortunately I find myself growing more and more cold toward their plight. When Civil unions were offered but the still wanted to piss on marriage, I became cold to the cause, When they started to push for special discrimination laws, I became indifferent, And the further they go the less I will care what happens to them, They chose to practice a lifestyle and choices have consequences. I am starting to care very little if that choice brings them persecution!

Mister D
07-14-2013, 08:16 AM
http://youbentmywookie.com/wookie/gallery/0512_gay_dc/gay_dc_1.jpg

I must admit there already is something vaguely gay about all of them. :laugh:

oceanloverOH
07-14-2013, 08:30 AM
I must admit there already is something vaguely gay about all of them. :laugh:

Except, hopefully, The Hulk. If he was, you would have to pity his partner!

Peter1469
07-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Not a cartoon, but close enough to be on topic. Xena the Warrior Princess. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn4eky7n0Cg)

Captain Obvious
07-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Not a cartoon, but close enough to be on topic. Xena the Warrior Princess. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn4eky7n0Cg)

Works for me...

Peter1469
07-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Works for me...

I watched the show a lot but missed the last season (where the special relationship was developed) when I deployed to Korea. I don't know whether AFN played it or not; I just didn't have time to watch tv there. The one thing a lot of us watched was Survivor which was played Friday at 1900hrs in the O-Club. Conveniently about 30 paces from my room to the bar with the TVs.