PDA

View Full Version : deen pays dearly for saying nigger while zimmerman walks for killing a black male?

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 06:31 AM
what a crazy world.

deen loses her empire for using a word...while zimmerman walks free for killing a black teenager. i know he has been freed by due process and we do not know what made the jury think this way...but i think the two incidents say a lot about americans view on racism.

Matty
07-15-2013, 06:46 AM
Yeah and three black women walked up and slugged a street performer inMinnesota for playing a song they didn't like, and four black "youth" "children" beat a white man almost to death and then pushed him into traffic and he was hit by a car and killed What's yer point?

Venus
07-15-2013, 06:53 AM
what a crazy world.

deen loses her empire for using a word...while zimmerman walks free for killing a black teenager. i know he has been freed by due process and we do not know what made the jury think this way...but i think the two incidents say a lot about americans view on racism.

Didn't you say that you watched very little of the trial in another thread? If so, it would explain why you don't know why the jury would think to find zimmerman not guilty.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 06:53 AM
my point is..it is worse to be a verbal racists in american than to act on it...and i do think zimmerman killed martin due to zimmermans racism

if he was truly afraid ..why did he get out of his truck...funny when i am afraid...i lock my doors and drive off....i dont follow and purse who i claim to be afraid of....

and my dogs is not being tossed out of obediance class....*walks by and pats willow's pointy head*

Venus
07-15-2013, 06:57 AM
Due to Zimmerman`s racism?

Should I even ask how you know this? or will you pull a Jillian.....

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 06:57 AM
yes i watched little of the trail...i wanted to watch more but this damned real life thing keeps getting in my way....why do i think zimmerman went free or why the jury found that he was not guilty...i am not sure and have no idea....but it will be interesting to hear them speak if they do....there are just some things that are pivotal to me....z getting out of his car....z ignoring what 911 dispatch told him...etc...i am a gun owner and take the right to own a gun and the right to self defense very seriously...z instigated this....when he got out of his truck and followed m....

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 07:01 AM
z racism is evident in his behavior and his words....these punks always get away with it...maybe he just hates under 18ers? that could be possible...but isnt it really possible that he is a racist..isnt it really possible that this would have happened evidently with z....i am always suspect of those who do the 'rental cop' type of things....

again this is what weighs on my mind.....only z knew he was armed.....it should have never gotten to the point it did...never...z should have backed off m....and left it alone...again remind me why z was following m? remind me why you dont consider m to simply be standing his ground.

i believe all people are racists....it is hard to overcome.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
o i hope i pull a jillian....i would love to be a class act like her...perhaps you should be aware that jillian referred me here...and i am not one to trash jillian or listen to her being trashed

Venus
07-15-2013, 07:03 AM
yes i watched little of the trail...i wanted to watch more but this damned real life thing keeps getting in my way....why do i think zimmerman went free or why the jury found that he was not guilty...i am not sure and have no idea....but it will be interesting to hear them speak if they do....there are just some things that are pivotal to me....z getting out of his car....z ignoring what 911 dispatch told him...etc...i am a gun owner and take the right to own a gun and the right to self defense very seriously...z instigated this....when he got out of his truck and followed m....

For someone who doesn't know very much about the case you make quite a few assumptions.

Venus
07-15-2013, 07:07 AM
Maybe you should educate yourself on the case instead of relying on others to provide your opinion for you. And yes you did pull a Jillian by providing more accusations instead of facts. But I do give you props. At least you answered or attempted to answer the question.

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:08 AM
I said a few weeks ago that I would not be surprised if Zimmy walked on this one. Be we live in a different world now, all 50 states have conceal and carry laws now and everyone is armed to the teeth. It's not likely people like Zimmy will ever find another unarmed 17 year old, and it's really not likely that anyone is going to let you pull a Gun after getting your ass kicked.

Zim is Free now and on the Streets ... Good Luck Zimmy ... you're now a Celebrity being watch for the rest of your natural live.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 07:23 AM
For someone who doesn't know very much about the case you make quite a few assumptions.

did z get out of this truck...yes he did.....

did z follow m....yes he did.....

can you make assumptions about human nature...yes you can.....

can you convict on these assumptions....no you cannot...

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 07:23 AM
I said a few weeks ago that I would not be surprised if Zimmy walked on this one. Be we live in a different world now, all 50 states have conceal and carry laws now and everyone is armed to the teeth. It's not likely people like Zimmy will ever find another unarmed 17 year old, and it's really not likely that anyone is going to let you pull a Gun after getting your ass kicked.

Zim is Free now and on the Streets ... Good Luck Zimmy ... you're now a Celebrity being watch for the rest of your natural live.

the down side to 15 minutes of fame

patrickt
07-15-2013, 07:26 AM
what a crazy world.

You think that's crazy. President Obama murdered an old man in Pakistan and he's free. Doesn't that just chap your butt, Strollingbonez? Anyone who even read the news does know why the trial ended the way it did and only wonder why the trial ever happened.

You, Strollingbonez, say a lot about the liberals need to be racists.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 07:29 AM
i said all humans are racists...not just liberals or conservatives....but all

patrickt
07-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Cigar: "It's not likely people like Zimmy will ever find another unarmed 17 year old, and it's really not likely that anyone is going to let you pull a Gun after getting your ass kicked."

I'm sure in Cigar bizarre world, George Zimmerman was looking for a young black man to kill. For people like Cigar, evidence isn't necessary. And, in Cigar's libworld when someone bigger and stronger than you has you on the ground beating you and threatening to kill you, the proper, and only legal response, will be to take it.

This sentence is hard to translate into English but I think Cigar is delighted over the fact that George Zimmerman will be a target for murderers for the rest of his life.
"Zim is Free now and on the Streets ... Good Luck Zimmy ... you're now a Celebrity being watch for the rest of your natural live." Well, good luck, Ciggie.

patrickt
07-15-2013, 07:33 AM

That's called projection Strollingbonez. You are obviously a racist so you desperately want to believe all people are racists. It's rather like Roman Polanski saying all men want to drug and have anal sex with 13-year old girls. He'd like to believe he's normal.

He isn't normal, Strollingbonez, and being a racist is not something you can claim is normal. If you want, you can quit being a racist. Well, maybe not you.

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:34 AM
the down side to 15 minutes of fame

15 Minutes ... ?

If I was Georgy ...

I'd find out where Edward Snowden is hanging out these days, and try at avoid Nightwatchman Jobs, or The Night all together.

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Cigar: "It's not likely people like Zimmy will ever find another unarmed 17 year old, and it's really not likely that anyone is going to let you pull a Gun after getting your ass kicked."

I'm sure in Cigar bizarre world, George Zimmerman was looking for a young black man to kill. For people like Cigar, evidence isn't necessary. And, in Cigar's libworld when someone bigger and stronger than you has you on the ground beating you and threatening to kill you, the proper, and only legal response, will be to take it.

This sentence is hard to translate into English but I think Cigar is delighted over the fact that George Zimmerman will be a target for murderers for the rest of his life.
"Zim is Free now and on the Streets ... Good Luck Zimmy ... you're now a Celebrity being watch for the rest of your natural live." Well, good luck, Ciggie.

Live sucks for people who are targeted for no reason ... always has been. :wink:

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
That's called projection Strollingbonez. You are obviously a racist so you desperately want to believe all people are racists. It's rather like Roman Polanski saying all men want to drug and have anal sex with 13-year old girls. He'd like to believe he's normal.

He isn't normal, Strollingbonez, and being a racist is not something you can claim is normal. If you want, you can quit being a racist. Well, maybe not you.

Maybe lost art of being a Man should be revisited ... it use to be a time when real Men fought, they fought a fair fight ...

Chris
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
z racism is evident in his behavior and his words....these punks always get away with it...maybe he just hates under 18ers? that could be possible...but isnt it really possible that he is a racist..isnt it really possible that this would have happened evidently with z....i am always suspect of those who do the 'rental cop' type of things....

again this is what weighs on my mind.....only z knew he was armed.....it should have never gotten to the point it did...never...z should have backed off m....and left it alone...again remind me why z was following m? remind me why you dont consider m to simply be standing his ground.

i believe all people are racists....it is hard to overcome.

z racism is evident in his behavior and his words....

And your evidence for this is what?

Oh, you believe everyone is a racist. So it comes from you then.

Chris
07-15-2013, 07:40 AM

You sound vindictive. Why do you hate Z so much?

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:40 AM
You sound vindictive. Why do you hate Z so much?

I don't like cowards ... period

... and why are you in love with him?

Chris
07-15-2013, 07:42 AM
did z get out of this truck...yes he did.....

did z follow m....yes he did.....

can you convict on these assumptions....no you cannot...

Got out of truck, followed...to see where he was going, told he didn't need to, he said OK and stopped, on his way back to truck, T confronted and attacked him.

You're awfully selective in your facts.

But what's the point if they're not based on all the facts?

Chris
07-15-2013, 07:43 AM
I don't like cowards ... period

... and why are you in love with him?

He wasn't a coward.

I don't love him.

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:48 AM
He wasn't a coward.

I don't love him.

Well I guess our definition of cowards and Men are different ... but that's ok, I except the verdict and Zimmy is a Free Citizen, and he should except the ramifications, no different than OJ. People are going to dislike him and people are going to look for ways to fuck with him ... so deal with, no different that OJ.

Mister D
07-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Zimmerman won't have to watch out for Internet tough guys like Cigar. :rollseyes:

Cigar
07-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Zimmerman won't have to watch out for Internet tough guys like Cigar. :rollseyes:

How's that meet and greet you're scheduling for coming?

It's been over a week ... what's the problem?

Chris
07-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Well I guess our definition of cowards and Men are different ... but that's ok, I except the verdict and Zimmy is a Free Citizen, and he should except the ramifications, no different than OJ. People are going to dislike him and people are going to look for ways to fuck with him ... so deal with, no different that OJ.

Which goes to show this is not coming from Z but from you and your prejudices.

You seem to delight that some fools are out to get him. That contradicts your cry for justice.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 08:02 AM
denial of human nature will not get you far

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:11 AM
denial of human nature will not get you far

Neither will idle threats from your keyboard but Cigar keeps making them. :wink:

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 08:16 AM
i was not aware that cigar was the topic?

Cigar
07-15-2013, 08:17 AM
Which goes to show this is not coming from Z but from you and your prejudices.

You seem to delight that some fools are out to get him. That contradicts your cry for justice.

Look ... Zimmy got his ass kicked Teenager to Man and Trayvon should have match Zimmy ... Gun for Gun ... Man to Man

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:17 AM

Too bad for you.

Cigar
07-15-2013, 08:18 AM

MR D love to make me his topic ... but I don't swing his way. :grin:

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:20 AM

yes, she does.

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:21 AM

That's nonsense.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 08:22 AM
and i say...human history proves you wrong.....but you just want to call names and blah blah blah but what do you really say.....

Kabuki Joe
07-15-2013, 08:27 AM
my point is..it is worse to be a verbal racists in american than to act on it...and i do think zimmerman killed martin due to zimmermans racism

if he was truly afraid ..why did he get out of his truck...funny when i am afraid...i lock my doors and drive off....i dont follow and purse who i claim to be afraid of....

and my dogs is not being tossed out of obediance class....*walks by and pats willow's pointy head*

...anyone that says they aren't even a tab bit prejudice is lying...

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:28 AM
and i say...human history proves you wrong.....but you just want to call names and blah blah blah but what do you really say.....

You made an absurdly universal claim about human beings. We can dismiss that out of hand. Of course I could ask for data but I know you have none. Now if you are feeling guilty about your racism please don't project your faults onto the entire species. Thanks.

Mainecoons

And the FBI proved you wrong.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/07/12/155918/more-evidence-released-in-trayvon.html#.UeP4ctLXUfZ

Mister D
...anyone that says they aren't even a tab bit prejudice is lying...

Of course but then that's to equate racism with mere bias.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 08:32 AM
the fbi proved what? that people who knew z thought he was not racist...

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/14/196680/zimmerman-verdict-leaves-key-question.html#.UeP5lW1vq8A

Chris
07-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Look ... Zimmy got his ass kicked Teenager to Man and Trayvon should have match Zimmy ... Gun for Gun ... Man to Man

And that got him killed.

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Why wasn't strollingbonez asked to testify about Zimmerman's motivation? :laugh:

Kabuki Joe
07-15-2013, 08:43 AM

...ok, I'll get your back on this cigar, just let me know why so many blacks are shooting each other TO DEATH so our stories can match...:grin:

Kabuki Joe
07-15-2013, 08:45 AM
How's that meet and greet you're scheduling for coming?

It's been over a week ... what's the problem?

..."GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" says the cur dog...

Mister D
07-15-2013, 08:46 AM
Cigar won't be "fucking with him". We know that. :grin:

Kabuki Joe
07-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Of course but then that's to equate racism with mere bias.

...exactly my point, I might be biased about Jews but does that make me a Hitler?...no, it just make me biased about jews...

Cigar
07-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Cigar won't be "fucking with him". We know that. :grin:

... and we all new you were going to do shit. :tongue:

So STFU and go back your regular scheduled baiting :wink:

Venus
07-15-2013, 08:50 AM
the fbi proved what? that people who knew z thought he was not racist...

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/07/14/196680/zimmerman-verdict-leaves-key-question.html#.UeP5lW1vq8A

Really? Seriously? You think the FBI only interviewed people who knows Zimmerman?

Cigar
07-15-2013, 08:52 AM
..."GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" says the cur dog...

MeeeOwww says the pussy-cat

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25200000/Meow-cats-25208611-640-960.jpg

Matty
07-15-2013, 10:28 AM

Oh for sure, the liberals will make sure that we move from prosecution to persecution. Zimmerman will be persecuted for the rest of his life. Of that I have no doubt.

Kabuki Joe
07-15-2013, 10:45 AM
MeeeOwww says the pussy-cat

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25200000/Meow-cats-25208611-640-960.jpg

...don't worry about it buddy, I'm not trying to puff up on anybody, unlike you...

Adelaide
07-15-2013, 10:53 AM
I think a lot of people are trying to characterize the Trayvon Martin death as a hate crime. I don't know that they're right.

Paula Deen saying "nigger" is absolutely horrible and she deserved to be dropped by the Food Network, among others. It's like the Big Brother controversy I've read about where two house guests have lost their jobs outside the house (and don't know it) due to racism and discrimination - it made national news. Using "queer" when referring to the gay house guest, calling a black house guest "Shaniqua", saying that a black house guest had crabs, saying you can't see the black house guests in the dark, saying the Asian house guest should go make some rice, making fun of "squinty-eyed" Asians, saying the Asian in the house looks like she'd been hit in the face with a frying pan, using a stereotypical voice to say discriminatory things about Asians, saying that blacks are on the dark side because they are already dark, speaking "ghetto" to the black house guests...

These types of overtly racist and discriminatory comments deserve judgement and repercussions, I think. I think that what Paula Deen said should have serious consequences. In the absence of any hate speech laws, (Canada has them but only if a threat is involved), the only punishment really available is for corporations and employers and universities and institutions to say that these people won't ever represent them again.

jillian
07-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Really? Seriously? You think the FBI only interviewed people who knows Zimmerman?

er... you think the FBI bothered with people who don't know him?

Venus
07-15-2013, 11:21 AM
er... you think the FBI bothered with people who don't know him?

Yes, the first that come to mind.

The detectives in the case.

Venus
07-15-2013, 11:25 AM
I think a lot of people are trying to characterize the Trayvon Martin death as a hate crime. I don't know that they're right.

Paula Deen saying "nigger" is absolutely horrible and she deserved to be dropped by the Food Network, among others. It's like the Big Brother controversy I've read about where two house guests have lost their jobs outside the house (and don't know it) due to racism and discrimination - it made national news. Using "queer" when referring to the gay house guest, calling a black house guest "Shaniqua", saying that a black house guest had crabs, saying you can't see the black house guests in the dark, saying the Asian house guest should go make some rice, making fun of "squinty-eyed" Asians, saying the Asian in the house looks like she'd been hit in the face with a frying pan, using a stereotypical voice to say discriminatory things about Asians, saying that blacks are on the dark side because they are already dark, speaking "ghetto" to the black house guests...

These types of overtly racist and discriminatory comments deserve judgement and repercussions, I think. I think that what Paula Deen said should have serious consequences. In the absence of any hate speech laws, (Canada has them but only if a threat is involved), the only punishment really available is for corporations and employers and universities and institutions to say that these people won't ever represent them again.

How is Alex Baldwin still working?

Asking generally...anyone can answer

Mister D
07-15-2013, 11:30 AM

They should have interviewed the ladies of tPF. It would have been a slam dunk for the state.

RosieS
07-15-2013, 11:31 AM

Zimmerman could not help it. The Adderall made him aggro. So he gets to kill a kid and go free. See my link in reply to Jillian in the other thread.

Florida: where your first dead kid is FREE!

Oh, and I hear you about Jillian....I have her back, too.

Regards from Rosie

Venus
07-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Zimmerman could not help it. The Adderall made him aggro. So he gets to kill a kid and go free. See my link in reply to Jillian in the other thread.

Regards from Rosie

Wonderful another one with fingers in her ears singing la la la la la la la la la la la la

Chris
07-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Regards from Rosie

As to adderall, even your source in another thread disputes what you say:

According to the report, prior to the shooting Zimmerman had been prescribed Adderall and Temazepam, medications that can cause side effects such as agitation and mood swings, but in fewer than 10 percent of patients.

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm085819.pdf doesn't mention those side effects.

http://www.drugs.com/adderall.html doesn't mention those side effects.

http://www.rxlist.com/adderall-drug.htm doesn't mention those side effects.

Nice try, rosie!

Ravi
07-15-2013, 02:13 PM
what a crazy world.

Deen wasn't just shunned because she said the n word....she said a lot of things that showed her attitude to black people was unbelievably negative.

I think a better comparison was one I heard today.....Michael Vick got jail time for abusing dogs while Zimmerman walked away from killing Martin.

Cigar
07-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Wonderful another one with fingers in her ears singing la la la la la la la la la la la la

Better in the ears than the rears ...

jillian
07-15-2013, 02:16 PM

you? yes, we've noticed.

jillian
07-15-2013, 02:19 PM
o i hope i pull a jillian....i would love to be a class act like her...perhaps you should be aware that jillian referred me here...and i am not one to trash jillian or listen to her being trashed

meh... professional rightwing anger.... whatchagonnado?

Venus
07-15-2013, 02:20 PM
you? yes, we've noticed.

I know you are but what am I? That's your come back..... lol

jillian
Deen wasn't just shunned because she said the n word....she said a lot of things that showed her attitude to black people was unbelievably negative.

I think a better comparison was one I heard today.....Michael Vick got jail time for abusing dogs while Zimmerman walked away from killing Martin.

you forgot about the black woman (IN FLORIDA, NO LESS!!) who got 20 years for firing her gun into the ceiling of her own home to scare off her abuser.

jillian

well, they don't like when we say what we really think....

so i was being nice.

maybe you should stop trolling?

just saying.

Ravi
07-15-2013, 02:21 PM
you forgot about the black woman (IN FLORIDA, NO LESS!!) who got 20 years for firing her gun into the ceiling of her own home to scare off her abuser.

You're right. That was beyond awful. This is my state. :(

Venus
07-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Better in the ears than the rears ...

I was assuming.....

Cigar
07-15-2013, 02:23 PM

The Gun Nut RePugs are usually quiet about that one. :grin:

Matty
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
The Gun Nut RePugs are usually quiet about that one. :grin:

did you guys post the details of that trial? if not there's nothing to comment on now izzz there?

Venus
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
well, they don't like when we say what we really think....

so i was being nice.

maybe you should stop trolling?

just saying.

I can back up any claims I make and you can't, I'm not the troll.

Any facts or evidence you want to give us that Zimmermann continued to follow Martin after he was told not to

Chris
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM

She a regular Peewee Herman

http://i.snag.gy/U3c3k.jpg

jillian
07-15-2013, 02:26 PM
I can back up any claims I make and you can't, I'm not the troll.

Any facts or evidence you want to give us that Zimmermann continued to follow Martin after he was told not to

i'm sorry... i can't help you if you don't know the subject matter.

seriously. wow....

Matty
07-15-2013, 02:33 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297392/Sherry-West-tells-robbers-shot-sleeping-baby-Antonio-dead-Brunswick.html

this lady needs to take to the streets demanding that Holder get justice for her dead infant, and truly innocent child killed for no damn reason by a black "child"

Venus
07-15-2013, 02:34 PM
i'm sorry... i can't help you if you don't know the subject matter.

seriously. wow....

Do you have any facts or evidence that Zimmerman continued to follow Martin after he was told not to that you would like to share with us

Peter1469
07-15-2013, 04:04 PM
what a crazy world.

Killing someone, i.e. homicide, is not a crime in and of itself.

strollingbonez
07-15-2013, 04:06 PM
so willow i caught a bit of a new trial.....black guy shot a white guy over a skateboard fight...neither of the men were on the skateboard however

Venus
07-16-2013, 02:51 PM

http://mediatrackers.org/florida/2013/07/16/no-marissa-alexanders-conviction-was-not-a-reverse-trayvon-martin-case-in-florida

No, Marissa Alexander’s Conviction Was Not a “Reverse Trayvon Martin” Case in Florida

First, although she had ample opportunity to exercise non-lethal options when she claimed to believe her life was at risk — exiting through the front door, back door, or garage — Alexander chose to remain in the home. She later claimed that the garage door was broken, eliminating her ability to leave when she initially entered the garage, but officers found no evidence to suggest that it was not working.

Second, Alexander’s claim that she fired only a warning shot, as opposed to firing at Gray and merely missing, also rings somewhat hollow. Her claim that she fired a warning shot, instead of a shot at center mass to stop the aggressor’s attack, suggests that she did not believe that deadly force was actually necessary.

Third, the fact that Alexander never called the police after the incident also suggests that she did not reasonably fear for her life. A victim of a near fatal attack would almost certainly alert authorities so that they might apprehend the attacker.

Fourth, the fact that Alexander voluntarily returned to Gray’s home repeatedly after the incident — against explicit court orders which Alexander promised to obey — also suggests that she may not have actually feared for her life when she fired at Gray.

Fifth, and finally, Alexander’s behavior before and after her arrest in December of 2010 — while she was still awaiting trial for the previous incident — also calls into question whether she actually believed the use of deadly force was necessary to defend herself from Gray in August of 2010. Alexander never called police (in both the August and December encounters, it was Gray or his children who contacted the police) and initially lied about even being present at Gray’s home.

Ransom
07-16-2013, 02:57 PM

That's because you're a racist and race baiter.

He was assaulted before he feared for his life, if you'd merely read testimony rather than shaping your opinion on what your sheepherder said happened.

You're already the lapdog here for the media and your agenda. We move on.

GrumpyDog
07-16-2013, 05:17 PM
So a black woman who wanted to see her children at her husbands home, and she had been previously beaten by her husband, has no grounds to presume that he might be able to beat her again, upon visiting her children at his home, so therefore should not have fired a warning shot when he got in an argument with her again while she was still in the house. But because she did fire just warning shot, thats enough to mandate a 20 year sentence. Meanwhile Zimmerman, never having even known Trayvon, nor ever having had a confrontation with Trayvon previously, shots Trayvon after a fist fight, killing him, instead of wounding him or firing a warning shot, and Zimmerman walks free. Some justice system we got here.

Mainecoons
07-16-2013, 05:55 PM
No, not AFTER a fist fight. DURING a fist fight. Specifically with Martin on top of him pounding the crap of of him.

Agree, that 20 year sentence is ridiculous. But once again, she had the option to walk away, not go BACK into the house packing.

This also illustrates the problem with automatic sentencing laws.

Two people, two serious miscalculations borne out of anger, two lives ruined.

Shitty.

Kabuki Joe
07-16-2013, 07:59 PM
i'm sorry... I can't help you if you don't know the subject matter.

Seriously. Wow....

...for god's sake just post a link where it shows zimmerman stalked trayon...right here, right now...otherwise shut the #$%^&* up!!!!!!!!...

Cigar
07-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Can't ... the pussy coward shot the witness after getting his bitch-ass-kicked.

Chris
07-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Can't ... the pussy coward shot the witness after getting his bitch-ass-kicked.

Is that language aimed to impress people how emotional you can get?

jillian
07-16-2013, 08:22 PM
what a crazy world.

it is pretty interesting.

particularly the part where zimmerman gets back his gun.... the one without the safety.

Mister D
07-16-2013, 08:26 PM
it is pretty interesting.

particularly the part where zimmerman gets back his gun.... the one without the safety.

What significance does the safety have?

Venus
07-17-2013, 10:09 AM
So a black woman who wanted to see her children at her husbands home, and she had been previously beaten by her husband, has no grounds to presume that he might be able to beat her again, upon visiting her children at his home, so therefore should not have fired a warning shot when he got in an argument with her again while she was still in the house. But because she did fire just warning shot, thats enough to mandate a 20 year sentence. Meanwhile Zimmerman, never having even known Trayvon, nor ever having had a confrontation with Trayvon previously, shots Trayvon after a fist fight, killing him, instead of wounding him or firing a warning shot, and Zimmerman walks free. Some justice system we got here.

You didn't read it, did you. That's fine, I'll answer anyway.

A. Zimmerman didn't use stand your ground as a defense.

B. the black women has a name...Marissa Alexander

C. Marissa had a way out. Front door, back door and garage

D. If she fired a warning shot she must not have believed deadly force was needed to stay alive

E. She didn't call 911. The husband and kids did after they ran from the house.

F. As Mainecoons pointed out, 20 years was automatic. Florida's 10-20- life mandatory minimum law. The judge's hand were tied.

G. The real reason Marissa will be sitting in prision for 20 years. Florida's minimum sentencing laws tied to firearms. In other words, gun control legislation.

Venus
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
What significance does the safety have?

Has she answered yet?

I would be interested in knowing also.

Mister D
07-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Has she answered yet?

I would be interested in knowing also.

Nope. It's not the first time she referred to it either so that's why I asked. It must have some sort of significance in her mind.

Venus
07-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Nope. It's not the first time she referred to it either so that's why I asked. It must have some sort of significance in her mind.

Maybe she doesn't know what that is yet but as soon as she does she'll let us know.

Mister D
07-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Maybe she doesn't know what that is yet but as soon as she does she'll let us know.

It's weird because I know people who own a popular brand of pistol that typically has no safety.

Venus
07-17-2013, 10:47 AM
It's weird because I know people who own a popular brand of pistol that typically has no safety.

I'm not a gun person, I don't know much about them but it seems to me if you are going to carry a gun for safety purposes wouldn't you want the safety off?

And I know jillian said "the one without the saftey" but don't all hand guns come with some form of safety?

Mister D
07-17-2013, 10:55 AM
I'm not a gun person, I don't know much about them but it seems to me if you are going to carry a gun for safety purposes wouldn't you want the safety off?

And I know jillian said "the one without the saftey" but don't all hand guns come with some form of safety?

I would think so at least if you find yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.

No, actually. Glocks, for example, usually don't. That's a popular pistol. I only own shotguns right now but I know several guys here at work who own a few handguns. I asked about that yesterday out of curiousity. It's not uncommon for a pistol to lack a safety.

Peter1469
07-17-2013, 10:57 AM

There are several types of safeties for firearms. For your typical revolver, the only "safety" is the trigger pull (factory usually around 12 pound trigger pull in the single action mode).

For automatic pistols there are many different sorts. Typically you have an active safety, that if engaged will not allow the weapon to be fired.

I have a SIG Sauer P220 which is a full frame combat .45. It has no active safety. But it has three passive safeties. First a thing on the trigger that requires a finger to push in a small lever to allow the trigger to be pulled. Second there is a block between the hammer and the firing pin than can only drop if the trigger is pulled. Third there is a decock lever- if the gun is ready to fire (slide to the rear) and you don't want to fire, the decock lever will push the block in front of the firing pin, so the hammer cannot connect.

Venus
07-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I would think so at least if you find yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.

No, actually. Glocks, for example, usually don't. That's a popular pistol. I only own shotguns right now but I know several guys here at work who own a few handguns. I asked about that yesterday out of curiousity. It's not uncommon for a pistol to lack a safety.

That leads to my next question. Did Zimmerman's gun have some kind of safety? Maybe it doesn't and that's her point???

I know during the trial is was stated that his gun didn't have a hair trigger but one that you had to pull the trigger all the way back and would not accidentally fire if dropped. Beyond that I don't remember anything else about the safety or lack of with Zimmerman's gun.

Venus
07-17-2013, 11:06 AM
There are several types of safeties for firearms. For your typical revolver, the only "safety" is the trigger pull (factory usually around 12 pound trigger pull in the single action mode).

For automatic pistols there are many different sorts. Typically you have an active safety, that if engaged will not allow the weapon to be fired.

I have a SIG Sauer P220 which is a full frame combat .45. It has no active safety. But it has three passive safeties. First a thing on the trigger that requires a finger to push in a small lever to allow the trigger to be pulled. Second there is a block between the hammer and the firing pin than can only drop if the trigger is pulled. Third there is a decock lever- if the gun is ready to fire (slide to the rear) and you don't want to fire, the decock lever will push the block in front of the firing pin, so the hammer cannot connect.

Thank you.

Maybe she'll tell us why, aleast for her, it's important.

Peter1469
07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
That leads to my next question. Did Zimmerman's gun have some kind of safety? Maybe it doesn't and that's her point???

I know during the trial is was stated that his gun didn't have a hair trigger but one that you had to pull the trigger all the way back and would not accidentally fire if dropped. Beyond that I don't remember anything else about the safety or lack of with Zimmerman's gun.

It looks to me like it only has passive safeties. (http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ss/kel-tec-pf-9-9mm-compact-pistol-review.htm)

Mister D
07-17-2013, 11:15 AM

Peter knows a lot more than I do. I would be referring to "active safety". You have to chamber a round before firing too so I guess that kind of provides a safety of sorts.

Peter1469
07-17-2013, 11:18 AM
It looks to me like it only has passive safeties. (http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/ss/kel-tec-pf-9-9mm-compact-pistol-review.htm)

For any pistol (the autos), the trigger pull (un- modified) is pretty heavy, like 12 pounds. So that isn't going to go off by accident.

Peter1469
07-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Peter knows a lot more than I do. I would be referring to "active safety". You have to chamber a round before firing too so I guess that kind of provides a safety of sorts.

Most people who carry, have a round in the chamber. It is dangerous to not do so.

Venus
07-17-2013, 11:24 AM

Thank you.

It seems to me that passive safeties aren't unusual and this gun is a popluar one for those who carry.

I'm stumped.

Mister D
07-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Most people who carry, have a round in the chamber. It is dangerous to not do so.

My buddy was saying that he keeps his pistol without a safety on his side of the bed. His wife has a weapon he wants to train her with and that has a safety. Because she is inexperienced he'd rather have her just flick a switch then to have to chamber a round if God forbid she needed to use it.

Venus
07-17-2013, 11:59 AM

Regards from Rosie

http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/490926/jury-finds-roderick-scott-not-guilty/

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty

Not guilty: The verdict in the manslaughter trial of Roderick Scott. After more than 19 hours of deliberations over two days, a jury acquitted the Greece man in the shooting death of Christopher Cervini, 17, last April.

mmmmmmmmmmm a black adult and a white kid

Ravi
07-17-2013, 12:12 PM
http://rochester.ynn.com/content/top_stories/490926/jury-finds-roderick-scott-not-guilty/

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty

Not guilty: The verdict in the manslaughter trial of Roderick Scott. After more than 19 hours of deliberations over two days, a jury acquitted the Greece man in the shooting death of Christopher Cervini, 17, last April.

mmmmmmmmmmm a black adult and a white kid
More vigilante justice.

Venus
07-17-2013, 12:16 PM
More vigilante justice.

vigilante justice is the new self defense

RosieS
07-17-2013, 12:42 PM
vigilante justice is the new self defense

You're just gonna love that when Hispanics are the majority. Sooner rather than later.

Regards from Rosie

Mister D
07-17-2013, 12:43 PM
You're just gonna love that when Hispanics are the majority. Sooner rather than later.

Regards from Rosie

As awful as that sounds I guess it would help us get rid of our black problem. :grin:

Venus
07-17-2013, 12:53 PM

Regards from Rosie

?????

Seriously I need a translation.

Regards from make it quick, I need to get back to reality

Ransom
07-17-2013, 01:39 PM

Unless you're Barney Fife.

darroll
08-14-2013, 06:31 PM
I think Paula was just using a slang word that most used years ago.

Chris
08-14-2013, 06:42 PM

:poopfan:

Venus
08-14-2013, 06:47 PM
:poopfan:

I would have told her to lighten up but I didn't want to be accused of being a racist.