PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina abortion bill hurts Gov. Pat McCrory

Cigar
07-16-2013, 12:24 PM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130716-nc-abortion-bill-the-backlash-begins.jpg

There’s little support for a controversial abortion bill in North Carolina, and voters are directing some of their anger at Gov. Pat McCrory, a new poll on Tuesday shows.

Only 34 percent of voters support the abortion measure, which would bar so-called sex-selective abortions and impose additional regulations on abortion clinics, while 47 percent oppose it, the Public Policy Polling found. And 80 percent of voters disapprove of how the bill was brought to the floor and passed — it was attached to unrelated motorcycle safety legislation.

PPP tied disapproval for the abortion measure to the Republican governor’s first negative approval ratings since assuming office in January. Only 40 percent of voters approve of the job he’s doing to 49 percent who disapprove. That’s down a net 15 points from June, when he was at 45 percent approval and 39 percent disapproval. North Carolina voters think McCrory should veto the abortion bill 48 percent to 33 percent.

The bill has passed the state’s House of Representatives and is now under consideration in the Senate, the AP reports. McCrory said he’d sign the House version into law if it came to his desk.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/north-carolina-abortion-bill-pat-mccory-94256.html#ixzz2ZDRNQmuo

:hello: C-Yea

jillian
07-16-2013, 12:30 PM
you're going to see a lot of that.... they actually had a decent shot at making gains in 2014.

not likely with all of their racial insensitivity and misogyny.

Ravi
07-16-2013, 12:33 PM
you're going to see a lot of that.... they actually had a decent shot at making gains in 2014.

not likely with all of their racial insensitivity and misogyny.They've certainly won the whitewingnutter vote for eternity.

jillian
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
They've certainly won the whitewingnutter vote for eternity.

yes, and they'll win their little wingnutter enclaves that they've gerrymandered. although, to tell the truth, i think a lot of those statehouses could be lost to them, too. you can't treat more than half your electorate that way and win.... no matter how many people you try to keep from voting.

but national election? if they don't get it together, that's not going to happen for a very long time.

but they'll still think people don't vote for them because of "free stuff".

self-awareness is not their strong suit.

Cigar
07-16-2013, 12:51 PM
I think the Republican Party is self-destructing and will basically be extinct in a couple decades or sooner.

They are shitting on the three fastest demographics ... Women (of all flavors); The Hispanic Community and The LGBT Community.

Cigar
07-16-2013, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh5j1_1XfCI&feature=player_embedded

nic34
07-16-2013, 02:16 PM
I think the Republican Party is self-destructing and will basically be extinct in a couple decades or sooner.

They are shitting on the three fastest demographics ... Women (of all flavors); The Hispanic Community and The LGBT Community.

.....young people and students.

Cigar
07-16-2013, 02:18 PM
.....young people and students.

You're right ... the longer they are unemployed and the higher their student dept gets, the more time they'll have to think about what the Republican didn't do.

patrickt
07-16-2013, 02:47 PM
They've certainly won the whitewingnutter vote for eternity.

And the liberals have the racist vote forever, don't they?

Oops, my apologies. I didn't realize it was another liberal pity party. I shouldn't have intruded. Have fun whining together. Good-bye.