PDA

View Full Version : The Advantages of Stand Your Ground Laws

Cigar
07-17-2013, 01:16 PM
White people who kill black people in 'Stand Your Ground' states are 354 per cent more likely to be found justified in their killing than a white person who kills another white person, according to research...

...The result was drawn from a study using FBI data conducted by John Roman, a senior analyst at Urban Institute’s Justice Policy Center...He examined racial disparity using data on 43,500 homicides from 2005 to 2009 - the most recent years for which data was available, reported PBS.

He narrowed the sample to about 5,000 homicides by only analyzing killings in which there was a single shooter and a single victim, both of whom were strangers to each other...

Breakdown of the killings:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/15/article-2363939-1AD2BA90000005DC-68_634x647.jpg
Breakdown of the killings: The figures represent the percentage likelihood that the deaths will be found justifiable compared to white-on-white killings

...Frontline then asked him to analyse the data and look for findings between states which had Stand Your Ground versus those without the laws...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/07/15/article-2363939-1AD2CD15000005DC-240_634x660.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2363939/White-people-kill-black-people-Stand-Your-Ground-states-354-likely-cleared-murder-Fresh-questions-self-defence-law-wake-Zimmerman-verdict.html#ixzz2ZKKo0Lgv

In my own study ... if you're Black and you kill someone, anyone of any color ... you don't get to go past "GO" ... you go straight to Jail :grin:

Chris
07-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Stand your ground was not used in the Zimmerman trial, cigar.

Cigar
07-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Stand your ground was not used in the Zimmerman trial, cigar.

George Zimmerman was sent home by The Police hours after Killing Trayvon Martin and more than 40 days later he was still walking around free and clear.

Because of "his" claim of Stand Your Ground

Try again sport !

Mister D
07-17-2013, 01:23 PM

Cigar
07-17-2013, 01:25 PM

When the only way you can with ... is with a Gun.

http://www.truewhisper.com/media/37964-failure-is-not-getting.jpg

Mister D
07-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I guess Trayvon failed. :sad:

Common
07-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Stand your ground is a must for self defense. Without stand your ground that silly you must retreat law is nonesense and gets you killed. Once a female is assaulted by a male its game over.
I absolutely agree with stand your ground its become more of a necessity today then before even.
Just like all the italian mobsters had HUGE stashs of illegal guns so do all the criminals today.
Like drug cartels and if you are naive enough to think there arent drug gangswith stashs of illegal guns in every city in this country your just that naive.
I have a right to protect myself at all times and If I dont do it right, then a jury of my peers decides.

Chris
07-17-2013, 01:27 PM
George Zimmerman was sent home by The Police hours after Killing Trayvon Martin and more than 40 days later he was still walking around free and clear.

Because of "his" claim of Stand Your Ground

Try again sport !

The claim in court was self defense, sport.

Cigar
07-17-2013, 01:30 PM
I guess Trayvon failed. :sad:

No Trayvon succeeded in proving who's the real Man

Now let's see who goes and hides under skirts.

Common
07-17-2013, 01:46 PM
No Trayvon succeeded in proving who's the real Man

Now let's see who goes and hides under skirts.

How did he prove who the real man is cigar ? by jumping out of the bushs and suckering zimmerman. Zimmerman was older but smaller than Martin. I worked in an alternative school where 16 yr olds could bench 400 lbs and 17 yrs olds were already amatuer boxers having been in many tournaments. The age difference meant nothing, you can look at zimmerman and see hes a doughboy with no definition or strength.

GrassrootsConservative
07-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Make up your mind, Cigar, is he a child or a "real man"?

Cigar
07-17-2013, 01:50 PM

He was Teenager who stood up to a Cowardly Adult ...

Zimmerman's day is just around the corner ... stay tuned.

Ransom
07-17-2013, 02:00 PM
The Advantages of Stand Your Ground Laws (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/14648-The-Advantages-of-Stand-Your-Ground-Laws/page2)...were just demonstrated in that courtroom. You have the right to stand your ground and defend yourself. Trayvon went for Z's gun was the testimony. The evidence that doesn't make a difference to racists like Cigar.

Chris
07-17-2013, 02:01 PM

:rofl:

And then, cigar, you add a third category, teenager.

GrassrootsConservative
07-17-2013, 02:01 PM

I'm sure Zimmerman is more than ready to defend himself against another thuggish teen with racial profiling issues.

Ransom
07-17-2013, 02:02 PM

Everyone's day comes Cigar, what will you tell God of your race baiting and idle threat making? You think afterwards you'll be sent up the elevator...or down?

Dress...for heat, Cigar. Yer probably goin down.

Chris
07-17-2013, 02:03 PM
"In the long run we are all dead."

--Keynes

Cigar
07-17-2013, 02:04 PM
:rofl:

And then, cigar, you add a third category, teenager.

17 Years Old ... is she a Child or Teenager or Minor ...?

Have you gotten the point yet Old Man?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E6XfbXVvFNI/SQcWjFYZ_qI/AAAAAAAAMdE/oHPYym2SAQs/s400/Hwang-Mi-Hee-School-Girl-Style-Four-5.jpg

Cigar
07-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Everyone's day comes Cigar, what will you tell God of your race baiting and idle threat making? You think afterwards you'll be sent up the elevator...or down?

Dress...for heat, Cigar. Yer probably goin down.

I've already set aside my beach front ... :grin: we're going to party.

GrassrootsConservative
07-17-2013, 02:06 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E6XfbXVvFNI/SQcWjFYZ_qI/AAAAAAAAMdE/oHPYym2SAQs/s400/Hwang-Mi-Hee-School-Girl-Style-Four-5.jpg

Teenager and Minor. Not Child. Child means under 14. Minor is under 18. "Man" would be 18 and up.

This isn't rocket science. Words have meanings. You should try to learn them.

Cigar
07-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Teenager and Minor. Not Child. Child means under 14. Minor is under 18. "Man" would be 18 and up.

This isn't rocket science. Words have meanings. You should try to learn them.

A Cowardly Adult got his bitch-ass-kicked by a Teenager, and when he couldn't defend his own actions, he turned into a little Screaming Bitch and Killed the Teenager with the ONLY thing that made him a Man.

Chris
07-17-2013, 02:12 PM

You're the one can't figure it out it seems.

KC
07-17-2013, 02:21 PM
A Cowardly Adult got his bitch-ass-kicked by a Teenager, and when he couldn't defend his own actions, he turned into a little Screaming Bitch and Killed the Teenager with the ONLY thing that made him a Man.

Please stop the vulgar language.

Alif Qadr
07-17-2013, 02:41 PM
How did he prove who the real man is cigar ? by jumping out of the bushs and suckering zimmerman. Zimmerman was older but smaller than Martin. I worked in an alternative school where 16 yr olds could bench 400 lbs and 17 yrs olds were already amatuer boxers having been in many tournaments. The age difference meant nothing, you can look at zimmerman and see hes a doughboy with no definition or strength.

Common,
your own post shows why people who cannot fight and fend off others should not be avid in seeking to "make" and example of others. With Zimmerman knowing that he is of small stature, he should have obeyed the police dispatcher and not followed-up with Martin. Zimmerman is smaller and had a pistol, he decided to pursue Martin and death was the result of his decision. This could have been another avenue of pursuit by the prosecution but it was not.

This case shows clearly why separation is the only option. When legal means are pursued, injustice follows; when illegal means are pursued, injustice follows so the only alternative is to not deal with this people and any of their systems and go onto ourselves, build places where we will be able to purse with surety, freedom, justice, equality and independence. Any other option is not viable for those of us who wish to live in peace while we are still on terra firma.

If you and others are in doubt that we, Arijal Aswad can build places were we can prosper, after chattel slavery, many of us separated and built towns that prospered until, you know who became envious and raided said towns with the aid of local constabularies.

Read if you care to have proofs of what I have stated:

http://digital.library.okstate.edu/encyclopedia/entries/a/al009.html