PDA

View Full Version : Grid-lock Top Reason People Disapprove of Congress

jillian
07-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Gridlock Is Top Reason Americans Are Critical of Congress Nearly four in five Americans in June disapprove of job Congress is doing by Lydia Saad
PRINCETON, NJ -- Nearly four in five Americans in June, 78%, disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job, marking the 45th consecutive month that more than two-thirds of Americans have given Congress the thumbs down. Americans' high level of disapproval is less about what Congress is doing than about what it isn't doing: putting aside partisan bickering and getting things done.

*more at link*

http://www.gallup.com/poll/163031/gridlock-top-reason-americans-critical-congress.aspx?wpisrc=nl_wonk_b

patrickt
07-17-2013, 03:45 PM
President Obama's nonpartisan strategy starting with wiggling his butt and singing, "I won, I won," isn't getting the job done any better than his post-racial agenda. Both were totally bogus, weren't they?

I'm only 72 so I can't remember a time that most Americans thought Congress was doing a good job. We have had presidents, however, who most people thought cared about the U.S. and it's people.

Ransom
07-17-2013, 03:49 PM
First I've ever seen a link from you Jillian, congratulations and I give myself much credit for this as well. Why do so many incumbents win given your stats here?

Peter1469
07-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I approve of grid lock. We really don't need more government oppression.

Ransom
07-17-2013, 03:51 PM
And we just had a 2014 election, voters returning everyone Dems in the Senate and White House, and Repubs in the House to office. The reason for gridlock os the American Voter but don't try explaining that to Jillian. Way over her pretty lil head.

nic34
07-17-2013, 03:53 PM
That incoherent post is over your OWN head.....

(2014?)

GrassrootsConservative
07-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Jillian? A link? Now I've seen everything.

Chris
07-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Saw something last night, local news maybe, but what it talked about was Congress is so divided because the people are and that is mainly the result of constant gerrymandering such that many districts are simply locked into one party or the other and few are really up for grabs.

KC
07-17-2013, 04:11 PM
Gridlock is fine with me. No governance beats bad governance any day. Now if only we could find a way to pay Congress less while we're at it :thinking:

Ransom
07-17-2013, 04:13 PM
That incoherent post is over your OWN head.....

(2014?)

Thanks for catching my mistake nic, I stand corrected. 2012 elections returned most incumbents to office Dem or Repub. And these 2014 elections will see most incumbents returned to office as well. That doesn't jive with stats given to start the thread, and I again appreciate the correction.

KC
07-17-2013, 04:17 PM
And we just had a 2014 election, voters returning everyone Dems in the Senate and White House, and Repubs in the House to office. The reason for gridlock os the American Voter but don't try explaining that to Jillian. Way over her pretty lil head.

American voters tend to think everyone but their particular Senator/Congressman is the problem, unless of course they are from the other party.

Chris
07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
American voters tend to think everyone but their particular Senator/Congressman is the problem, unless of course they are from the other party.

Long as their local rep brings home some bacon, the peeps will love the fat.

pjohns
07-17-2013, 04:46 PM
My chief problem is with the fetishizing of the left's desire for "getting things done" in Congress.

About the highest compliment that many be paid to any Congress, in my opinion, is that it is (in Harry Truman's words) a "Do Nothing Congress".

Chris
07-17-2013, 05:03 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/14611-The-Opposition

Mainecoons
07-17-2013, 06:03 PM
At this point, all they should be doing is repealing old legislation and shrinking the government.

Common
07-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Its amusing how some will scream from the rooftops ITS OBAMAS fault for every single damn thing.
Not only is it amusing its idiotic.
The teaparty in the house blocking everything and anything has NOTHING to do with Obama and everything to do with the teaparty.
Republicans in senate filabustering every single proposal has nothing to with obama. The only thing obama has to do with anything in the congress is the republicans hate for him.

GrassrootsConservative
07-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Lol "filabustering," it was a good attempt, Common .

jillian
07-17-2013, 06:22 PM

the american people voted for president obama twice with 52% of the vote. democrats won the senate.... and had one million more votes in the house than the republicans...and but for gerrymandering, would probably have taken back the house.

the only people who want gridlock are the ihategubmint types....and that's a pathetic little minority....

so no, the american people don't want gridlock. if they did, they wouldn't hate congress for being do-nothing.

but don't worry *your* pretty little head about that.

Chris
07-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Its amusing how some will scream from the rooftops ITS OBAMAS fault for every single damn thing.
The teaparty in the house blocking everything and anything has NOTHING to do with Obama and everything to do with the teaparty.
Republicans in senate filabustering every single proposal has nothing to with obama. The only thing obama has to do with anything in the congress is the republicans hate for him.

Where do you see anyone in this thread doing that?

Except it's only happening in your imagination, not here.

The teaparty in the house blocking everything....

And again you inflame with nonsense about the tea parties. They are local, Reps and Dems are in the House.

Common
07-17-2013, 06:33 PM
Lol "filabustering," it was a good attempt, @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) .

You got the message didnt you :) I spell very well I take shortcuts sorry if you dont like that, perfect diction isnt important to me.

Chris
07-17-2013, 06:34 PM
You got the message didnt you :) I spell very well I take shortcuts sorry if you dont like that, perfect diction isnt important to me.

Public education again.

Ransom
07-17-2013, 07:43 PM

Too true. I just can't see trying to make a point using Congressional popularity polls, we the sheeple elected these reps.

patrickt
07-18-2013, 08:07 AM
I approve of grid lock. We really don't need more government oppression.

Yes, what some want to get done is higher taxes on someone else, higher spending for themselves, higher deficits, higher debt, and more and more regulations. In the face of those things, I'm all for gridlock. And, it's hard to compromise with liars. Liberals want spending increased and the compromise is a promise to someday cut some taxes. Of course, they're lying.

The compromise I'd like to see. I want to see ten people who get up every day and go to work and take care of business and ten people who can but don't sit down and compromise on raising taxes to improve welfare.

Ransom
07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
the american people voted for president obama twice with 52% of the vote. democrats won the senate.... and had one million more votes in the house than the republicans...and but for gerrymandering, would probably have taken back the house.

Gerrymandering always an issue when you sheep are in minority, Jillian. And the House isn't close, Republicans have a large majority there, your one million more votes irrelevant. Obama did win re-election....your issue was gridlock here Jillian....whereupon Obama was just as if not more stubborn, both Republicans...and Democrats engaged in gridlock tactics, this Congress like the American People perhaps as divided as it's ever been, but We People sent the same gridlocked Congress and President back to Washington, any fault lies with us...not Washington. We the Sheeple. As you never take account, nor hold anyone in your own Party or agenda responsible for anything, you don't understand that concept. But you have me Jillian. And I'm going to continue to school the living shit out of your arguments.

the only people who want gridlock are the ihategubmint types....and that's a pathetic little minority.

Look what a Rachael Maddow sheeple you've become. Tool on, Jillian, I'd be embarrassed should I have your record of error and inability to back your own nonsense. Zero historical perspective, you;re really not to be taken seriously. For me...entertainment. Carry on.

pjohns
07-18-2013, 10:21 PM

The subject of this thread is gridlock in Congress, and much of the public's distaste for that gridlock.

Somehow, you have managed to transmute it into a thread about President Obama...