PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Helps Promote George Zimmerman’s Latest Fundraiser: His Lawsuit Against NBC

Cigar
07-18-2013, 06:59 AM
George Zimmerman’s defense attorneys visited On The Record last night for another round of sore winners’ whining about Zimmerman’s victimhood. Predictably, Greta Van Susteren could not have been more friendly and credulous about their every utterance, including Mark O’Mara’s ludicrous claim that he has “always been very respectful” to Trayvon Martin’s family (just pay no attention to his smearing cross-examination "questions" to Sybrina Fulton about her dead son). But it soon became clear the real purpose of the entire segment: helping to promote Zimmerman’s money-making scheme to sue MSNBC. Van Susteren even helpfully advised that the network quickly settle.

You may recall that last February, when Sean Hannity helped plug Zimmerman’s defense fund, O’Mara claimed that Zimmerman had no money for his defense: “The money that we need to hire defense experts and to continue with depositions is simply not there… I know that I talked to you about, sort of, the need for increasing donations.” I’d love to know what O’Mara and Hannity “talked about” and how it is that Zimmerman got the money he needed for his fancy forensics expert, his fancy computer animation and his fancy attorney. Well, suing MSNBC may be the plan.

Van Susteren set up the discussion by “asking”about, as FoxNews.com put it, “the media’s race narrative.” Anyone who has watched Fox’s coverage of the Zimmerman case for more than five minutes knows that what they mean is how unfairly Zimmerman has been treated. Just in case O’Mara and his co-counsel, Don West, didn’t know they were going to get carte blanche to promote their message, Van Susteren began, “I want to let you have a chance to have at it. …Tell me what you think about the media coverage.”

But the two only talked generally about the coverage. So, at about 2:12, Van Susteren promoted brought up the lawsuit. “Don, what about this NBC lawsuit? They did a pretty bad hack job on some editing.” She went on to describe the particulars of the edited tape. “You’ve filed suit,” she said leadingly.

After O’Mara described the outrage his poor client suffered (and never mind how O’Mara had deliberately tried to poison the jury’s minds against Trayvon Martin with a big assist from Fox News’ Megyn Kelly’s America Live show), Van Susteren did add some balance. She said, “I don’t know any of the people involved in this. I know NBC did, I think, fire some people as a result. My wild guess on this to both of you? Is that it’s probably some young person who was not particularly supervised by other people or someone inexperienced. …We’re all competitors but I really can’t even imagine that they were trying to sort of stick it to you or your client. But that’s just my guess.”

But then she added, “Well, my advice to NBC is to make a quick settlement and everybody move on.” Except that you can best believe that Fox News will continue to flaunt the NBC tape as further ammunition in its war on African Americans, the media and anyone else who doesn’t join in their George Zimmerman as Great White Gun-Totin’, Black-Thug Slayin’ Hero narrative.

Read more at http://www.newshounds.us/fox_news_helps_promote_george_zimmerman_s_latest_f undraiser_his_lawsuit_against_nbc_07172013#uupRdQf Ij3u2eQ5a.99

Hummm MSM bias ?

patrickt
07-18-2013, 07:59 AM
My god, you mean President Obama isn't helping him? Oh, right, he's helping the Muslim Brotherhood and the Zimmerman lynch mob. AG Holder isn't helping? Oh, right, he's helping the lynch mob, too. How about Hollywood stars? Oh, right, they're on the lynch mobs until they can get a slot pulling the trigger for the purges. George soros? Michael Moore? I would have though some of these people would have had a problem with bogus audio tapes and blatant lies in the media.

But, I guess I was wrong. My basic faith in the decency of humans is frequently frustrated by liberals.