PDA

View Full Version : House Republicans reject proposal to Ban Gun Sales to Suspected Terrorists

Cigar
07-18-2013, 08:49 AM
A proposal to ban the sale of firearms to individuals on the FBI’s terrorist watch list was defeated by House Republicans on Wednesday.

Reps. Nita Lowey (D-NY) and David Price (D-NC) offered an amendment to the Commerce, Justice, Science (CJS) Appropriations bill that would have given the U.S. Department of Justice authority to block suspected terrorists from purchasing firearms and explosives.

“Terrorists are knowingly exploiting our laws,” Lowey said, citing American-born al Qaeda spokesman Adam Gadahn.

The amendment was defeated in the House Appropriations Committee by a 19-29 vote.

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/17/house-republicans-rejected-bill-to-ban-gun-sales-to-suspected-terrorists/

But look at the bright side ... even Terrorist will have the Right to Stand Their Ground. :wink:

Thank You Good Old Patriotic Party

jillian
07-18-2013, 09:09 AM
they're so cute....

Taxcutter
07-18-2013, 10:43 AM
The problem is just who gets to define what a "suspected terrorist" is?

Not the Hussein Obama junta.

Agravan
07-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Remember the Homeland Security memo that said that returning vets, anti-illegal immigration people, etc were potential terrorists? THOSE are the people the government would deny guns to.

Cigar
07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Homeland Security ... or would you rather wait until the Plane Crash into the building for confirmation?

Cigar
07-18-2013, 10:52 AM
Remember the Homeland Security memo that said that returning vets, anti-illegal immigration people, etc were potential terrorists? THOSE are the people the government would deny guns to.

There you have it folks ... Terrorist have their Full Support.

:rollseyes: Can't imagine how 911 happened.

Venus
07-18-2013, 10:57 AM
Homeland Security ... or would you rather wait until the Plane Crash into the building for confirmation?

You're all for profiling?

Agravan
07-18-2013, 11:00 AM

:rollseyes: Can't imagine how 911 happened. It just boggles the mind that someone could be either as dishonest or as stupid as liberals. :f_doh:

Agravan
07-18-2013, 11:01 AM
You're all for profiling?
Only when it's profiling those on the right. He's okay with it then.

Venus
07-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Only when it's profiling those on the right. He's okay with it then.

I know, I don't expect a serious or honest answer.

I do expect a cartoon tho.

Common
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM

The FBI, the CIA the Dept of justice compiles the list OBAMA has nothing to do with the list. This block everything attitude has the country turning against republicans,

Cigar
07-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Yea Think?

jillian
07-18-2013, 11:13 AM

these are people on the terrorist watch list.

and whether you like it or not, this president is your president...

duly elected twice by "WE THE PEOPLE".

now grow up and stop throwing a teatard temper tantrum.

it's also amusing that you rightwing extremists are totally fine with the government deciding people actually ARE terrorists, imprisoning and holding them in a foreign country, without trial, indefinitely.

but you don't want to keep them from having a gun in THIS country if they're on the watch list.

truly genius.

jillian
07-18-2013, 11:14 AM
The FBI, the CIA the Dept of justice compiles the list OBAMA has nothing to do with the list. This block everything attitude has the country turning against republicans,

do you really think facts matter to him?

i doubt he has two synapses to rub together.

Venus
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM

it's also amusing that you rightwing extremists are totally fine with the government deciding people actually ARE terrorists, imprisoning and holding them in a foreign country, without trial, indefinitely.

but you don't want to keep them from having a gun in THIS country if they're on the watch list.

truly genius.

that's a whole lot of nothing you have going on

Common
07-18-2013, 11:17 AM
do you really think facts matter to him?

i doubt he has two synapses to rub together.

This blame obama for everything has gotten way past being absurd. Look you can blame obama for more tangible things and thats ok if your a republican thats what they BOTH DO. Like blame him for the economy blame him for gun control blame him for taxs.
But to blame him for things even THEY know hes not responsbible for make them look like jackass's

jillian
07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
This blame obama for everything has gotten way past being absurd. Look you can blame obama for more tangible things and thats ok if your a republican thats what they BOTH DO. Like blame him for the economy blame him for gun control blame him for taxs.
But to blame him for things even THEY know hes not responsbible for make them look like jackass's

i agree. but they don't just disagree with him. they hate him with the intensity of a thousand suns.

for reasons that aren't even rational.

they've certainly been made well-indoctrinated little soldiers, haven't they?

Venus
07-18-2013, 11:25 AM

It's hard to take anyone serious when she says things such as:

you rightwing extremists

Does she even know what a rightwing extremists looks like? acts like? I highly doubt it.

Venus
07-18-2013, 11:26 AM
i agree. but they don't just disagree with him. they hate him with the intensity of a thousand suns.

for reasons that aren't even rational.

they've certainly been made well-indoctrinated little soldiers, haven't they?

Kinda like what the left did to Bush?

jillian
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM

you rightwing extremists

Does she even know what a rightwing extremists looks like? acts like? I highly doubt it.

sure i do.

he writes stuff about the president like the o/p did.

it's really not that difficult.

hint: if you can't tell... you just might be one.

and you'd probably do better to talk TO me...and not ABOUT ME in the third person. it results in much more polite discussion.

:rolleyes:

Chris
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I haven't spent much time looking past op spin into facts but caught the following, that the rejection of the bill has to do with like so many mis-targeted anti-gun policies it affect law-abiding citizens.

So was Congress. They rejected it.

teatard

Don't strain so hard, jillian, you'll pop a vein.

Common
07-18-2013, 11:32 AM

you rightwing extremists

Venus before you criticize Jillian for making statement like right wing extremists you need to criticize MaineCoon and a few others on here who have brought some of us down to that level.
See its a two way street not one. Your complaint falls on deaf ears when you pick your shots.

Venus
07-18-2013, 11:34 AM
sure i do.

he writes stuff about the president like the o/p did.

it's really not that difficult.

hint: if you can't tell... you just might be one.

and you'd probably do better to talk TO me...and not ABOUT ME in the third person. it results in much more polite discussion.

:rolleyes:

Have you had a chance to respond to my response you asked for?

Venus
07-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Venus before you criticize Jillian for making statement like right wing extremists you need to criticize MaineCoon and a few others on here who have brought some of us down to that level.
See its a two way street not one. Your complaint falls on deaf ears when you pick your shots.

Marie, junie and a few others criticize them enough. I'm leveling the playing field.

Chris
07-18-2013, 11:40 AM

"criticize Jillian for making statement like right wing extremists"?

She's leftwing. :-P

I jest, but indeed it is a two way street, so why aren't you practicing what you preach and telling your fellow travelers to stop?

Ransom
07-18-2013, 11:47 AM

truly genius.

Jillian..mountains of proof have shown you that you voted for a President presiding over a government deciding people actually ARE terrorists, imprisoning and holding them in a foreign country, without trial, indefinitely.........you proved you're fine with that, you re-elected the President engaged in those very policies.

You buy them books.....they chew on the f'n covers.

patrickt
07-18-2013, 01:08 PM
they're so cute....

I assume you're talking about the cute little devils who add a poison pill amendment to a bill so they can make some cheap, dishonest, but liberal political points. How Jillian.

Mainecoons
07-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Common, you started at that level and continue to sink lower. :grin:

jillian
07-18-2013, 01:58 PM
I assume you're talking about the cute little devils who add a poison pill amendment to a bill so they can make some cheap, dishonest, but liberal political points. How Jillian.

that would be the house r's.

but don't let facts get in your way.

Chris
07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
that would be the house r's.

but don't let facts get in your way.

What facts, jill?

BB-35
07-18-2013, 09:40 PM
No doubt if you substituted 'suspected black radicals',the left would be up in arms,so to speak...

BB-35
07-18-2013, 09:46 PM

truly genius.

You tell us to 'grow up' then use a word like 'teatard'...And Obama was elected by a plurality of voters,not 'we the people'

And since when has being on a watch list been 'convicted of'?

BB-35
07-18-2013, 09:49 PM

you rightwing extremists

Anyone who doesn't fall in line with the liberal mantra or fall at the feet of Obama in dutiful worship is a 'right wing extremist'.

zelmo1234
07-18-2013, 10:07 PM

:rollseyes: Can't imagine how 911 happened.

OH! well let me help you with how 911 happened, Mrs Janet Reno after she used the US military to attack and Church I Waco TX decided that the US law enforcement FBI, intelligence CIA, and our military could not share information. This followed by the lack of leadership, By President Clinton ( he was to busy playing hide the salami with an intern in a little blue dress) And he refused to go after or even except Bin Ladin when he was offered him! This lead to the attack on 911 hope this jog your memory