PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich Fails to Meet Criteria for Virginia Primary

Conley
12-24-2011, 10:27 AM
3:09 a.m. | Updated Newt Gingrich will not appear on the Virginia presidential primary ballot, state Republican Party officials announced Saturday, after he failed to submit the required number of valid signatures to qualify.

The announcement was made on the Virginia Republican Party’s Twitter account. On Friday evening, the Republican Party of Virginia made a similar announcement for Gov. Rick Perry of Texas.

Ten thousand signatures are needed to get on the ballot for the Virginia primary, which is March 6, known as Super Tuesday. The Perry campaign says it submitted 11,911 signatures, according to The Washington Post. But at 6:30 p.m. the Virginia Republican Party posted on its Twitter account that after verification, it was determined that Mr. Perry did not submit the requisite amount.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/23/rick-perry-fails-to-qualify-for-virginia-primary-ballot

IMO more evidence that Romney will be the nominee. How could he not secure the signatures?

Mister D
12-24-2011, 03:05 PM
That's embarrassing.

Conley
12-24-2011, 03:31 PM
How can that happen?

Mister D
12-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Beats me, bro. I assumed Newt would do well in the south. Perry too. I'm very surprised.

MMC
12-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Because he has no organization.....just like he doesn't in Iowa. Also I would note that even as Speaker of the House many Repubs talked about that he was not one for organization. Or being neat and orderly.

Mister D
12-24-2011, 04:40 PM
Possibly but not getting on the ballot suggests a complete lack of organization rather than a half-hearted effort

MMC
12-24-2011, 04:46 PM
One would think if he was serious about contending he would have those T's crossed and his Eyes Dotted! How does this look for perception to the American People with Mr Idea Man?

Why does the man with the shabby clothes all of a sudden come to mind.

Mister D
12-24-2011, 04:57 PM
One would think if he was serious about contending he would have those T's crossed and his Eyes Dotted! How does this look for perception to the American People with Mr Idea Man?

Why does the man with the shabby clothes all of a sudden come to mind.

It is very surprising and very embarrassing, IMO.

wingrider
12-25-2011, 10:08 AM
ummm.. not to nit pick here, but the thread title says Gingrich but the article is on perry,, what is up is it both of them or what?

Conley
12-25-2011, 10:10 AM
ummm.. not to nit pick here, but the thread title says Gingrich but the article is on perry,, what is up is it both of them or what?

The first line mentions Gingrich, the next paragraph Perry. It is both of them but I only mentioned Gingrich in the title, my bad. I figured that was more of a story since he's been polling better than Perry for quite some time.

Mister D
12-25-2011, 11:45 AM
I definitely agree that Gingrich is the bigger story. Perry was already toast.

MMC
12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
So both of them didnt have enough signatures? Shouldn't they be disqualified or something. Oh, sorry I was thinking what Trump Would tell them.....like On the Apprentice!

Conley
12-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Hah, well yeah, this is basically the equivalent of "You're Fired!"...Romney will win in the season finale. :wink:

MMC
12-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Hah, well yeah, this is basically the equivalent of "You're Fired!"...Romney will win in the season finale. :wink:

Looks like Mother Company gets the shoe-in. Althought I don't see how Trump quitting being a Republican has anything to do with this at all. That he may run as an independant. Now they say he can't committ until after May. Trump is talking smack again. He has no organization anywheres. Moreover he don't have the capital to run. Despite what he says.

Conley
12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
He's running his mouth again?

Jeez, he should just shut up. He's a real estate developer and a TV personality, not a politician. Besides he inherited a lot of money (billions) from his dad and put it into real estate in NY and surrounding areas. Anyone who did that would be rich today, it doesn't take a genius!

MMC
12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah, but I think he would have to sell it all just to raise the Cash. Plus who would be stupid enough to give trump money? Oh, wait.....I forgot this is America! :laugh: