PDA

View Full Version : More Leftwing Liberal FAIL!!!!

Boris The Animal
07-21-2013, 07:01 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/20130711/state_orders_buffalo_to_send_students_from_2_faili ng_schools_to_boces.html Just to get this straight. Buffalo, New York, the third poorest city in the entire country, has not had a Republican mayor since Chester Kowal from 1961-1965, and a Conservative mayor since James Griffin from 1978-1994. Also, the fire department, up until now, had not had a contract in twelve years. In this new contract, there is a new scheme to try to curb overtime called "dynamic staffing". In a nutshell, if five or more firefighters call of for a shift. Guess what? An engine or ladder company, or even the Rescue, get shuttered for that shift.

jillian
07-21-2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/20130711/state_orders_buffalo_to_send_students_from_2_faili ng_schools_to_boces.html Just to get this straight. Buffalo, New York, the third poorest city in the entire country, has not had a Republican mayor since Chester Kowal from 1961-1965, and a Conservative mayor since James Griffin from 1978-1994. Also, the fire department, up until now, had not had a contract in twelve years. In this new contract, there is a new scheme to try to curb overtime called "dynamic staffing". In a nutshell, if five or more firefighters call of for a shift. Guess what? An engine or ladder company, or even the Rescue, get shuttered for that shift.

and yet it's had a heck of a lot of republican governors.... hasn't it?

buffalo has had problems for 30 years...as has binghamton and a lot of other upstate cities.

through repubican governors and democratic governors...and republican presidents and democratic presidents.

when a regions manufacturing dries up because corporate greed has sent the jobs to other countries where they can pay slave wages, or the economy changes ... it's hard to resurrect an area.

simplistic mind creates simplistic causation for problems. you might want to spend some time on understanding that... in between rants, of course.

Boris The Animal
07-21-2013, 09:45 PM

buffalo has had problems for 30 years...as has binghamton and a lot of other upstate cities.

through repubican governors and democratic governors...and republican presidents and democratic presidents.

when a regions manufacturing dries up because corporate greed has sent the jobs to other countries where they can pay slave wages, or the economy changes ... it's hard to resurrect an area.

simplistic mind creates simplistic causation for problems. you might want to spend some time on understanding that... in between rants, of course.No Jill, Buffalo has not had a Republican mayor since 1965. and it wasn't "corporate greed" that caused the demise of the Bethlehem and Republic Steel plants. It was both the unions with their excessive demands and management's failure to keep up with foreign competition and utilize new manufacturing techniques. To say nothing that New York has had only two Republican governors in my lifetime.

Private Pickle
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM

simplistic mind creates simplistic causation for problems. you might want to spend some time on understanding that... in between rants, of course.

What is "corporate greed"?

zelmo1234
07-22-2013, 01:54 AM
What is "corporate greed"?

that would any profit left over after paying their employees

jillian
07-22-2013, 04:58 AM
that would any profit left over after paying their employees

no. that would be taking record profits and paying your CEO's record amounts while telling your employess they shouldn't have a living wage so outsourcing to places where you can pay slave wages...

like i said...

jillian
07-22-2013, 04:59 AM
No Jill, Buffalo has not had a Republican mayor since 1965. and it wasn't "corporate greed" that caused the demise of the Bethlehem and Republic Steel plants. It was both the unions with their excessive demands and management's failure to keep up with foreign competition and utilize new manufacturing techniques. To say nothing that New York has had only two Republican governors in my lifetime.

again.. simplistic...

Venus
07-22-2013, 05:59 AM
no. that would be taking record profits and paying your CEO's record amounts while telling your employess they shouldn't have a living wage so outsourcing to places where you can pay slave wages...

like i said...

How much is a living wage?

All, some or just a select few companies would have to pay a living wage?

patrickt
07-22-2013, 06:07 AM
Don't play, Venus. It's a stawman argument. What company isn't relative since it's a strawman. What is releavant is that another Democrat city is going under. Governors don't run cities and the imaginary company is not the issue. It's a strawmen to distract from another Democrat city going under. The Democrat strategy of raising taxes, raising spending, raising the deficit, raising the debt, and living on credit doesn't work for a family and it doesn't work for a city and it doesn't work for a country. Sooner or later the bills come due, unless, like Detroit, you seek to avoid paying your bills and starting over with raising taxes, raising spending, raising the deficit, and raising the debt.

Venus
07-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Don't play, Venus. It's a stawman argument. What company isn't relative since it's a strawman. What is releavant is that another Democrat city is going under. Governors don't run cities and the imaginary company is not the issue. It's a strawmen to distract from another Democrat city going under. The Democrat strategy of raising taxes, raising spending, raising the deficit, raising the debt, and living on credit doesn't work for a family and it doesn't work for a city and it doesn't work for a country. Sooner or later the bills come due, unless, like Detroit, you seek to avoid paying your bills and starting over with raising taxes, raising spending, raising the deficit, and raising the debt.

I know, but I'm sitting at evendale medical center with nothing better to do.

patrickt
07-22-2013, 07:23 AM
I know, but I'm sitting at evendale medical center with nothing better to do.
Wow, Evendale Medical Center has a heck of a web presence. I hope they do as well on healthcare.

Venus
07-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Wow, Evendale Medical Center has a heck of a web presence. I hope they do as well on healthcare.

So far so good. This is my second visit my mother is having cataract surgery.

patrickt
07-22-2013, 07:29 AM
My sister just had cataract surgery and my sister, as with everyone I know, is delighted with the results.

Venus
07-22-2013, 07:38 AM
My sister just had cataract surgery and my sister, as with everyone I know, is delighted with the results.

That's what I.keep telling her. I haven't talked to anyone who wasn't happy.

She's nervous, she's 76 and this is the first time in in 35 years that has required doctor visits, sugery, medications and follow up visits.

zelmo1234
07-22-2013, 07:45 AM

like i said...

business exists to make profit, not as a social welfare agency! dispite the attempts of Democrats!

Record profits bring about record stock prices and make money for millions including the pension plans of the poor and middle class, and last making employers raise wages to levels that cause them to loose market share to imports will cause more of them to off shore driving unemployment up and wages down. We need nothing more than jobs to drive wages up!

countryboy
07-22-2013, 09:24 AM

Why is it libs will rail against "corporate greed", but never, EVER, have anything to say about government greed?

ptif219
07-22-2013, 09:27 AM

Nice try but it is democrat run cities with the biggest problems. Look at Detroit and Chicago

Maybe if the unions didn't inflate costs and wages corporations could stay here. Then of course Obama has given us the highest corporate taxes in the world.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM
business exists to make profit, not as a social welfare agency! dispite the attempts of Democrats!

Record profits bring about record stock prices and make money for millions including the pension plans of the poor and middle class, and last making employers raise wages to levels that cause them to loose market share to imports will cause more of them to off shore driving unemployment up and wages down. We need nothing more than jobs to drive wages up!
It's funny, to a liberal mind "record profits" are a bad thing, and record deficits are a good thing. It's bizarro world.

Boris The Animal
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM
again.. simplistic...But the truth. Leftwing Liberal policies are guaranteed to fail 100% of the time.

jillian
07-22-2013, 03:48 PM
It's funny, to a liberal mind "record profits" are a bad thing, and record deficits are a good thing. It's bizarro world.

you seem to invent in your head a lot of things that 'liberals" do

record profits are great. it's then turning around and telling workers, even in the face of those record profits, that they're screwed that's the problem.

but hell, i live well... you're the one that's voting against your own self-interest.

countryboy
07-22-2013, 04:25 PM

record profits are great. it's then turning around and telling workers, even in the face of those record profits, that they're screwed that's the problem.

but hell, i live well... you're the one that's voting against your own self-interest.

I invent nothing, I am able to observe the abhorrent behavior of libs. It's not rocket science.

Who are you to tell me what my interests are? Do we know each other?

zelmo1234
07-22-2013, 08:49 PM

YOu know that is exactly what the people of Detroit did for Decades they voted for their own self interest, and then other peoples money ran out, they started raising taxes and fee's and the business left the city, In 1961 Detroit had the highest per capita income in the nation!

And the Union started wanting more for less, more for less, and now the city is a disaster, it looks like a city that has been bombed during a war! It is dangerous, and not a good place to live!

So I believe that you live in NY and you got a little time from Mayor Giuliani! But you are not voting your long term self interest because it is not sustainable!

Mainecoons
07-22-2013, 10:36 PM
Yep, NY is on the same path for the same reason. Ridiculous taxes, bloated and inefficient government.

http://www.nfib.com/nfib-in-my-state/nfib-in-my-state-content?cmsid=57706

As a share of population, New York said goodbye to more residents in the last decade than any other state. According to a stunning new report by the Empire Center, a project by the Manhattan Research Institute, more than 1.6 million New Yorkers moved out of state between 2000 and 2010.
The research, based on data from the latest US Census, showed that for the second consecutive decade New York was the country’s favorite place to leave. Moreover, the inflow of immigrants to New York, which has traditionally been strong enough to offset the loss of population, has fallen sharply as well. So, not only are more people leaving New York, but fewer are coming. Why?

The exodus is “the ultimate barometer of New York’s attractiveness as a place to work, live and do business,” said EJ McMahon, the report’s author. “It’s the ultimate indication that what we’ve been doing is wrong.”

Indeed. And it explodes the notion that New York can retain its global prominence, or even its regional competitiveness, without making serious changes in public policy.

Consider data from the non-profit Tax Foundation. The organization ranks New York dead last in the country for its high taxes. And according to its research, more than 1.5 million income taxpayers left the state between 2000 and 2008 (the last year for which they have figures). They brought with them nearly 3 million exemptions – most likely their dependent spouses and children – as well as $97 billion in adjusted gross income.

The failures of the high tax/big government model just keep piling up and people like Jillian just can't grasp it.