PDA

View Full Version : The Democrats’ War On Women

Taxcutter
07-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Bill, Anthony, and Elliott. But I guess as long as you are for free stuff for women it’s A-OK.

http://pjmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2013/07/25/the-democratic-partys-war-on-women/?singlepage=true

quote:
“When I was a kid growing up in fifties Manhattan, if my mother had told me there would be a flasher running for mayor of New York, my mouth would have dropped open.”

“Weiner is no mere adulterer as described by Flaubert, Tolstoy and thousands of lesser writers. Or even a compulsive womanizer ŕ la Bill Clinton. He is a genuine weirdo, straight out of the pages of Krafft-Ebing’s Psychopathia Sexualis…”

“Not only are these men sleazy hypocrites in their politics, they are deeply misogynistic in their behavior…”

Taxcutter says:
What baffles me is that Richard Mourdock was excoriated for TWO COTTON-PICKING SENTENCES (shout intended) but these guys are not run out of town on a rail. Clear-cut case of media bias.

Adelaide
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
It bothers me when either side says the other side has a war on women - to me, the war on women would be domestic abuse, sex crimes and internationally a severe suppression of women's basic rights, human trafficking, slavery, so forth. I think it's offensive to call other things a "war on women". Just my opinion, but the phrase "war on women" is thrown around in such a way that I don't think people really think it through and realise the true war on women.

Until every woman has basic rights in the world and until they are no longer subject to statistically extremely high rates of abuse, anything less isn't a "war on women".

Mister D
07-25-2013, 12:07 PM
We live in a frivolous political culture. People think nothing of using such terms.

Adelaide
07-25-2013, 12:11 PM
We live in a frivolous political culture. People think nothing of using such terms.

That's something I don't understand. You know, I'm very pro-choice, I think Plan B should be available to anyone without ID and so forth... but those things are almost luxuries in comparison to what some women face both here in Canada/US and abroad. I might consider a politician an idiot or even an asshole for their stance on abortion or reproductive health/family planning, but it's not a war on women and neither are adulterous politicians.

Mister D
07-25-2013, 12:19 PM
That's something I don't understand. You know, I'm very pro-choice, I think Plan B should be available to anyone without ID and so forth... but those things are almost luxuries in comparison to what some women face both here in Canada/US and abroad. I might consider a politician an idiot or even an asshole for their stance on abortion or reproductive health/family planning, but it's not a war on women and neither are adulterous politicians.

Both sides (they don't really represent alternatives) impute the worst possible motives to those who disagree with them. I'll use an example I often hear but both sides do it: the idea that pro-lifers generally hate women or want to subordinate females is preposterous and it hardly deserves comment but it's commonplace. Some people really believe it. I no longer feel comfortable criticizing other cultures but I understand what you mean. Ther are some really horrible things going on in this world and the antics of the sort of people were talking about trivialize them.

Mister D
07-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Come to think of it, maybe that's part of the reason why the rhetoric is so over the top. They really aren't that different from one another so that they have to create the illusion of serious conflict.