PDA

View Full Version : AFGHANISTAN and CHINA Sign FIRST Oil Contract.....

MMC
12-28-2011, 08:05 AM
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghanistan's government signed a deal Wednesday with China's state-owned National Petroleum Corporation, allowing it to become the first foreign company to exploit the country's oil and natural gas reserves.
The contract, which covers the northeastern provinces of Sari Pul and Faryab, is the first of several such blocks to be put on the market in coming months, Afghan Minister of Mines Wahidullah Shahrani said during the signing ceremony.
Bidding information for blocks in neighboring Balkh province will be released at the end of February, and for the western Herat province by next summer, he said.

The fuel pact allows the Chinese firm to research oil and natural gas blocks in Sari Pul and Faryab, an area known as the Amu Darya River Basin that was first explored by Soviet engineers in the 1960s. The Soviets estimated the reserves at about 87 million barrels, but both the Afghan and Chinese partners believe they will prove to be much larger.
CNPC will also build a refinery — Afghanistan's first — within the next three years, after the real size of the reserves is established with greater accuracy, said Lu Gong Xun, president of CNPC's international branch.
Shahrani said the deal calls for the Afghan government to receive 70 percent of the profits from the sale of the oil and natural gas. CNPC will also pay 15 percent in royalties, as well as corporate taxes and rent for the land used for its operations.
Afghanistan's army and police will set up special units to guard the project, Shahrani said.

So far, companies from China — with which Afghanistan shares a small stretch of border in its east — have been in the forefront of investments in the nation.
Three years ago the China Metallurgical Construction Co. signed a contract to develop the Aynak copper mine in Logar province. Beijing's $3.5 billion stake in the mine is the largest foreign investment in Afghanistan so far.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/afghanistan-china-sign-first-oil-contract-073748776.html
AP – 2 hrs 33 mins ago

I told people that China was mining Copper in Afghanistan even as the War has gone on. Hear anything about the Chinese being attacked by the Taliban or AQ? Not one piece of news anywheres about anything happening to the Chinese in Afghanistan.....huh?

This is what our politicans are doing. Building up Afghanistan so that it can supply China and those who are our adversaries and competition :huh: No OIL in Afghanistan.....huh? If this wasnt so ridiculous and serious I would be rolling on the floor with tears of laughter streaming down my face. We get that assurance of the ongoing process of holding elections and the Country calling itself a Democracy. We get to build their infrastructure so that they can trade and do buisness with our competiton. Oh and we get to take the credit for dismantling AQ and taking out their Leader.

How does this make the American Public feel now? NOW, How do you think it MAKES US VETS FEEL! How do you think our Armed Forces should feel? Our people dying for these lousy bastards. The whole time these *^&&*$*$*_(*&%$$^%*&)@^## have been stealing money from us, lying to us, back-stabbing us, talking shit about us.

Now you think back and reflect on what we have been told concerning Afghanistan. By the former Administration and now what is being told to us by this Administration. By Politicians on both sides of the Aisle. Oh, success you say? Really? Uhm if Afghanistan is our friends. Then who needs enemies with friends like these. What a joke played upon the American people by their own government. All the SACRIFICE of LIFE, BLOOD, and MONEY! For Fucking WHAT? A Free Afghanistan? A Democractic Afghanistan? Trillions of dollars spent and kept on a separate tab. Conservative you say? Liberal you say? Justice you say? Yeah.....it's screw U, as in.....JUST US!!!!! :rant: :angry: :angry5: :angryfire: :cussing::riot:

MMC
12-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Which means China will get their minerals, oil, and Natural gas from the Afghanis. Then run down to South America and do the same. Maybe not so much with the Oil but with other resources. In our backyard and these Pols will let them do it! :angry:

Pendragon
12-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I suspect this will prove to be a boondoggle for the Chinese. Truly, Afghanistan is a poor country and the amount of resources the Chinese gain access to pales in comparison to the security risks present. I certainly understand your frustration but I simply do not see the Taliban and the Chinese forming a close alliance. If anything the thought of the two of them together brings me a chuckle.

Also I would be remiss to not point out that South America is not your (Americans') back yard. That manner of thinking is precisely why countries line up to ally against you.

MMC
12-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Well that 3.5 Billion investment I am sure will pay off. Not to mention the Chinese will build their own refinery. Plus the Natural gas and minerals is what they have plenty of.

Conley
12-28-2011, 01:29 PM
China and Afghanistan share a border right? Granted it's pretty small...maybe they have more in common than one might think, at least that region of China.

Mister D
12-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Pen here about China. The security risks are substantial not to mention that the Chinese government doesn't have the best relationship with their own Muslim population. The potential for friction is high.

MMC
12-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah we see what that thing in common is.....money!