PDA

View Full Version : liberals and conservatives favorite tv shows

Elibe
12-28-2011, 05:45 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/top-tv-picks-liberals-vs-conservatives/2011/12/06/gIQA44smaO_story.html

TOP LIBERAL DEMOCRAT SHOWS
1. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Comedy Central)
2. The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
3. Masterpiece (PBS)
4. 30 Rock (NBC)
5. Parks and Recreation (NBC)
6. The View (ABC)
7. Glee (Fox)
8. Modern Family (ABC)
9. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX)
10. Treme (HBO)
11. Cougar Town (ABC)
12. The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS)
13. The Soup (E!)
14. The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (CBS)
15. Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Adult Swim)
16. Outsourced (NBC)
17. Raising Hope (Fox)
18. Saturday Night Live (NBC)
19. The Office (NBC)
20. American Masters (PBS)
21. Project Runway (Lifetime)
22. United States of Tara (Showtime)
23. Shameless (Showtime)
24. Parenthood (NBC)
25. Conan (TBS)
TOP CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN SHOWS
1. Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction(Speed)
2. This Old House (PBS)
3. The 700 Club (syndicated)
4. Swamp Loggers (Discovery)
5. Top Shot (History)
6. The Bachelor (ABC)
7. Castle (ABC)
8. New Yankee Workshop (PBS)
9. Mythbusters (Discovery)
10. Only in America w/ Larry the Cable Guy (History)
11. American Pickers (History)
12. Swamp People (History)
13. Wheel of Fortune (syndicated)
14. Top Gear (BBC America)
15. The Middle (ABC)
16. Pawn Stars (History)
17. The Tonight Show (NBC)
18. Antiques Roadshow (PBS)
19. The Biggest Loser (NBC)
20. Hawaii Five-O (CBS)
21. Dancing With the Stars, results show (ABC)
22. Man vs. Wild (Discovery)
23. Auction Kings (Discovery)
24. NCIS (CBS)
25. The Mentalist (CBS)
Source: Experian Simmons National Consumer Study

Elibe
12-28-2011, 05:45 PM
sorry i dont know why those top three are bolded i didnt do it even tho you can probably tell i like the shows :laugh:

Mister D
12-28-2011, 07:01 PM
:grin:

With the exception of Masterpiece Theater and Man Vs. Wild I think all of those shows suck.

Conley
12-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Really! I think that list underscores how bad TV is today.

Conley
12-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Though to be fair, I've probably only seen about 10 out of that list. :laugh:

Mister D
12-28-2011, 07:10 PM
The ones on the History Channel aren't just bad but they simply don't belong something called the History Channel. Swamp loggers? Larry the freakin' Cable Guy? Seriously? One minute you're watching the Nazis invade Poland and the next thing you know it's Larry the Cable Guy?

Conley
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Is Swamp Loggers a reality show about guys who log in a swamp? I didn't even know you could get good lumber in a swamp! I figured they would go to the forest. :grin:

Conley
12-28-2011, 07:15 PM
The ones on the History Channel aren't just bad but they simply don't belong something called the History Channel. Swamp loggers? Larry the freakin' Cable Guy? Seriously? One minute you're watching the Nazis invade Poland and the next thing you know it's Larry the Cable Guy?

The avatar fits this post perfectly! :laugh:

Mister D
12-28-2011, 07:47 PM
Is Swamp Loggers a reality show about guys who log in a swamp? I didn't even know you could get good lumber in a swamp! I figured they would go to the forest. :grin:

That's exactly what it's about. Apparently, there is a lot of logging in LA swamps.

Mister D
12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
The avatar fits this post perfectly! :laugh:

I just started laughing at my avatar a few minutes ago. :grin:

jgreer
12-28-2011, 07:57 PM
That's exactly what it's about. Apparently, there is a lot of logging in LA swamps.

It's a fun show -- you guys should check it out.

Mister D
12-28-2011, 08:08 PM
It's a fun show -- you guys should check it out.

I have seen part of one show. I'm not knocking it on that score. Hey, whatever floats your boat. But on the History Channel?

jgreer
12-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Yeah. Well its not just HC all those channels are like that now, Bravo Arts and Entertainment The LEarning Channel you know.

Mister D
12-28-2011, 08:20 PM
The Learning Channel was great years ago. It went downhill a while back. There is nothing on TLC I watch anymore.

Conley
12-28-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm fairly certain TLC is the channel responsible for that horrible Jon and Kate Plus 8, which then spawned horrific creatures like Octomom and other tales of fertility treatments gone wrong.

Mister D
12-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm fairly certain TLC is the channel responsible for that horrible Jon and Kate Plus 8, which then spawned horrific creatures like Octomom and other tales of fertility treatments gone wrong.

About 10 years ago before we had all these other channels Discovery and TLC had most of the documentaries.

Conley
12-28-2011, 08:48 PM
True. I enjoy documentaries, these days I normally watch them on Netflix.

Mister D
12-28-2011, 09:04 PM
True. I enjoy documentaries, these days I normally watch them on Netflix.

The On Demand I have is pretty good. I usually put one on before bed. Last night I listened to a couple episodes of Decoded.

MMC
12-29-2011, 01:06 AM
I am surprised they don't list all the Cops shows.....I would like to see that list. Then it will show ya all the sheep in both groups. No orignality at all. CSI ......<<<<<put the name of any major city next to it. Law and Order same thing.

D is right......on the history Channel? Swamp loggers, American pickers, AXE- Men and their war with the trees and each other. Ice Road truckers. Pawn Shop what a joke he buys History. It's tougher in Alaska. This is not history. They should have to put that shit on some reality channel.

Anything for a sponsor nowadays. Plus I hate that repeating of shit. Show the same damn movie back to back. I am glad I don't watch much TV anymore.

Kate Plus 8.....how the sheep created a celeb from a show where two people met as Contestants For dating. To be honest they needed to have stuck with the format of the dating game. Then let them choose.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't like any of these shows but I'm not even saying they're bad shows. It's just why would they be on History?

MMC
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
All I know is I would like to see more History than that garbage. Plus lets see some of those Indian battles. Warring Kingdoms and Dynasty Warriors. Quit showing the same thing all the time with Rome. Our Civil War. Our Revolution.

Save that bullshit about it's tougher in Alaska too.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 10:42 AM
What Indian battles? Not the Georgio stuff! :shocked:

MMC
12-29-2011, 11:24 AM
What Indian battles? Not the Georgio stuff! :shocked:

Pre Azteca and Pre Mayan.....Ulmecs and What was happening here in N. America and South America.
Apache Vs Cheyenne. The Modoks of California. The Iriqouis vs the Eastern Tribes. Etc etc.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Pre Azteca and Pre Mayan.....Ulmecs and What was happening here in N. America and South America.
Apache Vs Cheyenne. The Modoks of California. The Iriqouis vs the Eastern Tribes. Etc etc.

:laugh: Oh OK. Scared me a for a minute there, MMC. That would be very interesting although most of those societies weren't literate so we don't really know much relatively speaking.

MMC
12-29-2011, 12:04 PM
:laugh: Oh OK. Scared me a for a minute there, MMC. That would be very interesting although most of those societies weren't literate so we don't really know much relatively speaking.

Yeah thats the thing most was passed on by word of mouth. Still there is a lot they can put on there with the North American Tribes. They don't always have to talk about Parker or Geronimo all the time. plus we know who the Ulmecs were warring with. Just not so much about them.

Also I go for some indepth shit on the Turks and the Russians with those Armenians. Some things about Australia and those Aborigines. Are there any you can think of? I mean there is a host that can be put up from India and Pakistan. The Kymer Rouge and Thailand etc etc

roadmaster
12-29-2011, 03:01 PM
13 and 25 are the only ones I watch on both list. 25. The Mentalist (CBS) he is funny at times.

Conley
12-29-2011, 03:09 PM
You watch the Wheel of Fortune?

roadmaster
12-29-2011, 03:41 PM
You watch the Wheel of Fortune?

LOL not every week but if it happens to be on I will.

Conley
12-29-2011, 03:47 PM
:grin:

No offense, I was just curious...I used to watch it as a kid back before we had cable and there were only a few stations. Word puzzles are fun.

MMC
12-29-2011, 03:49 PM
My Grandmother use to watch that show when she got older and then would not want to miss it. Like after she was 75. I couldnt even be dissing Pat Sajek or Vanna White Otherwise I would get the LOOK. :laugh:

Conley
12-29-2011, 03:51 PM
My Grandmother use to watch that show when she got older and then would not want to miss it. Like after she was 75. I couldnt even be dissing Pat Sajek or Vanna White Otherwise I would get the LOOK. :laugh:

:rofl: Yeah I watched it with my Grandma too!

Mister D
12-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Everyone watched that in the 80s

wingrider
12-30-2011, 12:47 AM
stupid list of tv shows on both party affiliations... guess I am old school or something as I dislike almost everyone of those shows.

Mister D
12-30-2011, 10:10 AM
stupid list of tv shows on both party affiliations... guess I am old school or something as I dislike almost everyone of those shows.

You're not alone.

MMC
12-30-2011, 10:35 AM
You're not alone.

Why, is there a telephone call coming from(gulp):Skeert: Upstairs? :tongue: :laugh:

Conley
12-30-2011, 10:37 AM

How do you know you don't like them if you haven't watched them? Or have you? :evil: :grin:

Mister D
12-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Why, is there a telephone call coming from(gulp):Skeert: Upstairs? :tongue: :laugh:

That's just Giorgio.

MMC
12-30-2011, 04:10 PM
That's just Giorgio.

Better him than Homeland Security.....huh? :wink:

roadmaster
12-30-2011, 04:37 PM
:rofl: Yeah I watched it with my Grandma too!

Alright, I am a Grandma. :grin:

Mister D
12-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Better him than Homeland Security.....huh? :wink:

At least he'll keep you entertained but I'm not sure who is more likely to try and probe you...:undecided:

MMC
12-30-2011, 04:45 PM
Alright, I am a Grandma. :grin:

Thats alright, as a :grampa: I can still chase younger women as well as Grandma's. Just as long as their perfume is not Ben-Gay! :laugh: