PDA

View Full Version : Eating Garlic Cuts Cancer Risk in Half: Researchers

Common
07-27-2013, 12:05 AM
See, italians knew their stuff a little bad breath keeps the doctor away :)

Garlic, the odorous bulb that's probably in your kitchen right now, has been important in both food and medicine dating back to ancient Egypt, but its most important role may be in fighting one of modern man's most dreaded diseases — cancer. Recent research has found that compounds in garlic can cut cancer risks by as much as two-thirds.

According to the National Cancer Institute, which is a part of the National Institutes of Health, several studies have shown that garlic cut the risk of several forms of cancer by 50 percent or more. And garlic also helps prevent heart disease and diabetes, and it in addition generally boosts the immune system.

http://www.newsmaxhealth.com/Headline/garlic-cancer-risk-organosulphur-compounds-diallyl-trisulfide/2013/07/26/id/517277

oceanloverOH
07-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Well now, THAT'S good news....I eat lots of garlic; put it in everything that isn't labeled "dessert"!

Peter1469
07-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I love garlic.

jillian
07-27-2013, 11:33 AM
garlic is good when it's subtle... when it's overwhelming, it's awful.

Peter1469
07-27-2013, 12:33 PM
garlic is good when it's subtle... when it's overwhelming, it's awful.

Have you had early garlic? It is garlic before the hard skin develops. It is mild.

I cook a lot of meat in the oven (can't use a BBQ on the balcony) and often toss in lots of garlic and tomatoes. Pinch the garlic to split the skin and suck down the inside- also mild after being cooked.

Common
07-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Just a tip to everyone, whenever you chop or slice or dice garlic you have to let it sit at least 10 minutes for it to release all of its alicin and medicinal value and the real FLAVOR. DO NOT dice it and throw it right on hot oil.

Common
07-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Have you had early garlic? It is garlic before the hard skin develops. It is mild.

I cook a lot of meat in the oven (can't use a BBQ on the balcony) and often toss in lots of garlic and tomatoes. Pinch the garlic to split the skin and suck down the inside- also mild after being cooked.

Roasted garlic is mild also

roadmaster
07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Italians get cancer too garlic or no garlic. Every so often a Dr. or survey will claim something will cut a problem like when they told people to stop taking aspirin and now suggest it if you think you are having a heart attack. Like me I take one everyday. Give it ten years and they will say the opposite but I eat garlic mostly when I am not working.

Common
07-29-2013, 07:21 AM
I didnt mean to insinuate italians do not get cancer, merely that italians are known for eating alot of garlic