PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Peter King: Libertarians in GOP Risk Destroying Party Read Latest Breaking News

Common
07-29-2013, 02:00 AM
This is like the 4th Republican that has said something close this in the last two weeks. Is something brewing ?
Although two of them are possible presidential candidates

If Republicans don't quash the libertarian streak shown recently by some of their members they risk following the destructive lead of Democrats in the 1960s, says GOP Rep. Peter King of New York.

"When you have Rand Paul actually comparing [NSA leaker Edward] Snowden to Martin Luther King or Henry David Thoreau, this is madness," King said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union." "This is the anti-war left-wing Democrats of the 1960s that nominated George McGovern and destroyed their party for almost 20 years. I don't want that happening to our party

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/pete-king-rand-paul/2013/07/28/id/517416

KC
07-29-2013, 02:13 AM
Doesn't sound like such an awful thing.

GrassrootsConservative
07-29-2013, 02:15 AM
RINOs like King ARE destroying the party.

zelmo1234
07-29-2013, 06:36 AM
If those that stand for personnel rights and the constitution are destroying the party,

THEN THE PARTY NEEDS TO BE DESTROYED!

Cigar
07-29-2013, 06:57 AM

People like King are just speaking out loud ... that's the only difference.

Common
07-29-2013, 07:20 AM
The infighting is expanding, everything you read indicates it. Its all in preparation for and positioning for elections

Mainecoons
07-29-2013, 08:31 AM
Republicratism and just sheer stupidity like the handling of ObamaCare and immigration by Bonehead is destroying the Republican Party.

As Zelmo puts it, maybe it is time to destroy at least the establishment of said party. However, many more years of Democrat policies and failed ideas, aided and abetted by Republicratism, it will all be moot because the country itself will be destroyed.

Chris
07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Time to tear down the old Republicrat establishment and put up a new Tea Party version of the Republican Party.

jillian
07-29-2013, 09:17 AM

his brand of republican was here way before the rightwingnut loons.

that said, he's a neocon, so of course he hates so-called libertarians (who are really pretend libertarians, but that's another story).

jillian
07-29-2013, 09:19 AM
Time to tear down the old Republicrat establishment and put up a new Tea Party version of the Republican Party.

why? the radical right teaparty is the minority of the GOP. why do they think their minority and extreme view should govern both their party and the country that doesn't agree with them?

maybe you all should start your own party and leave the real republicans alone? because it doesn't seem that your opposing beliefs can be reconciled.

Chris
07-29-2013, 09:20 AM

that said, he's a neocon, so of course he hates so-called libertarians (who are really pretend libertarians, but that's another story).

Nice inflammatory post, jill, real nice!

But you messed up a bit with a self contradiction, saying he hates libertarians who you also say don't exist.

Watch that!

jillian
07-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Nice inflammatory post, jill, real nice!

But you messed up a bit with a self contradiction, saying he hates libertarians who you also say don't exist.

Watch that!

if poor chris thinks that's inflammatory, i'd suggest maybe chrissie shouldn't be on political messageboards.

and... how about ... tough.

and no... i said you were pretend libertarians... not that you don't exist.

try reading with comprehension, chris.

or stop lying about what people say. either way is fine.

Chris
07-29-2013, 09:26 AM
why? the radical right teaparty is the minority of the GOP. why do they think their minority and extreme view should govern both their party and the country that doesn't agree with them?

maybe you all should start your own party and leave the real republicans alone? because it doesn't seem that your opposing beliefs can be reconciled.

Why you ask and I answer because the old boy network is every bit a bad as the Dems in their big government corny capitalism, that's why.

The tea parties as I have demonstrated are not radical right wing as you like to inflame, they are middle the road Americans akin to libertarians, right in the middle of the old Republican establishment and you lefties:

http://i.snag.gy/MOpbo.jpg

Why should they you ask and I will answer because they advocate and adhere to the constitutional republic the founders intended for this nation.

I should leave Rep alone you suggest and I respond why?

GrassrootsConservative
07-29-2013, 09:47 AM

What brand of Republican is he, jillian?

Cigar
07-29-2013, 09:55 AM
What brand of Republican is he, jillian?

The Racist Brand :laugh:

Chris
07-29-2013, 10:00 AM

That alone, if true, would be reason for tea partiers and libertarians to be against him and want him out of office.

GrassrootsConservative
07-29-2013, 10:03 AM

Indeed. Which would make him a Democrat. Which isn't a Republican, except in name only.

Later, troll.

Cigar
07-29-2013, 10:06 AM
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130729-steve-king-dream-act-update-in-private-gop-colleagues-agree-with-my-racism.jpg

Good Luck in 2016 :laugh:

Chris
07-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Who do you wish luck to the old establishment reps like King or the up and coming libertarians and tea partiers he denounces and they want to unseat?

Cigar
07-29-2013, 11:51 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQCkw9QCQAA8Xyj.jpg

Ivan88
07-29-2013, 12:42 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/daily/wallace_sepia.jpgThere is not a dime's worth of difference between the Cans and the Crats.
George Wallace

Anyone remember this guy? Now its more like 1 cent of difference

Chris
07-29-2013, 12:44 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/daily/wallace_sepia.jpgThere is not a dime's worth of difference between the Cans and the Crats.
George Wallace

Anyone remember this guy? Now its more like 1 cent of difference

Exactly, just another Democrat.