PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher in Trouble for Tebow Tweet

Conley
12-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Bill Maher would be well advised to not attend Denver Broncos games.The comedian is taking significant heat after weighing in with a sarcastic tweet on Tim Tebow'shellish performance over the weekend against Buffalo.

Entertainment Weekly (http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/12/26/bill-maher-taking-heat-for-tebow-tweet/) reported Maher invoked Tebow, Jesus and even Hitler in his sarcastic summation of Tebow's performance against Buffalo, writing that:"Wow, Jesus just f----- #TimTebow bad! And on Xmas Eve! Somewhere in hell Satan is tebowing, saying to Hitler "Hey, Buffalo's killing them," Maher tweeted (https://twitter.com/#!/billmaher/status/150679701415936000).

The TV show says Maher has been widely slammed for the remark, but that Tebow didn't respond, and kept his tweets focused on more upbeat messages.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/tim-tebow-tweet-bill-maher-criticism/1

Mister D
12-29-2011, 10:41 AM
Tebow has a lot of class. Maher has none. The end.

Conley
12-29-2011, 10:43 AM

:rofl:

jgreer
12-29-2011, 10:48 AM
HAha, that's so funny. Maher is a great comedian.

MMC
12-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Maher should now show up at the Denver game and sing the National Anthem.....kinda mess with Tebow's head. Show up in the Announcers Booth and throw out some teapots and teabags. What would really screw with Tebow is if the ref threw out a Tea-bag when they called a penalty on him. :laugh:

The Official<<<<< throws out little yellow tea-bag. 15 yard penalty Delay of Game the QB. :grin:

Mister D
12-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Teabag? Huh?

MMC
12-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Thats what they calling him.....The Tea-bag! Guess not all care for him. I think we should go after Cam now he is another they want to talk all this BS about. Another Rookie that does a lot of running around. I can see the headlines now. Cam puts it in Gear. :laugh:

Mister D
12-29-2011, 11:55 AM
tebow = teabag? I don't get it but OK.

Conley
12-29-2011, 11:59 AM
MMC is the only one I've read call him that but I wouldn't be surprised if others do too. You know MMC, he's got a nickname for everyone. :grin:

MMC
12-29-2011, 12:08 PM
:laugh: I actually got it from others round here. Course that could be due to Orton and his Ties to Purdue. Plus the kids at the park call him that too. :grin:

Captain Obvious
12-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Sweet irony is when liberals are bitten by their own snake venom.

Mister D
12-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Sweet irony is when liberals are bitten by their own snake venom.

Maher is just an obnoxious, unfunny prick.

Captain Obvious
12-31-2011, 12:30 AM
Maher is just an obnoxious, unfunny prick.

I don't know if you listen to NPR, I tune in a lot. I like the game shows and shit like that and it's a huge bonus not listening to 75% commercials.

Anyway, he was a call-in guest on Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. They have celebrity guests on the phone who are asked 3 questions and if they get two right, some random person gets a hokey prize. Multiple choice, he missed his first question so you pretty much have to get the next two right to win.

I don't remember the question but he picked an answer and the host came a hair short of giving him the right answer and an opportunity to change his original choice - and that "clue" sailed right over his head.

I started laughing when I recognized that the host was pretty much giving him the right answer and he completely missed it. They do that shit all the time and most of the guests are bright enough to catch on. Not Maher.

Conley
12-31-2011, 12:42 AM
That's too freaking funny. My OL is all about Wait Wait (yes, she of the vegan dinner parties, shocker I know) and every time I wander in during that show and say I'm surprised by the person getting the right answer she says it's an easy show. Maher is probably one of those dudes who does more talking than listening.

Captain Obvious
12-31-2011, 12:48 AM
Yeah, WWDTM is a pretty fucking funny show. It's one of those shows that I more often than not am laughing out loud at, pretty witty.

Car Talk is the best though. I always thought I was sort of a closet Car Talk guy then I googled the top radio programs. Of course Rush was #1 and all the usual suspects were there, Hannity, Savage, etc. NPR had a few in the top 10 like Fresh Air and Morning Edition (which isn't really a talk show), but to my surprise Car Talk checked in at #13.

I was stunned - I didn't think anyone listened to that show.

Best show on radio, hands down. You don't have to be into cars to like it either, those guys are just flat out funny and witty, every show is a gem.

Conley
12-31-2011, 12:58 AM
Yep, they actually had a televised episode of it recently, not sure if you caught it but my lady was all about it. After watching she said it was better as a radio show. :laugh:

Yeah, I like Car Talk show but haven't heard it enough to feel strongly. One thing I do feel strongly about is that everyone who does depend on something should know the basics about it and that's a great show to be entertained by and learn something at the same time.

MMC
12-31-2011, 05:01 AM
Does the Comedian in todays society really have influence with people? Do people really take what they say as something serious or important? Or is it forgotten within a few days or less?

Maher made it at a time when Comedy wasnt really that funny. He is lucky he has moved to Cable TV as a Talk Host. Because I doubt he could pack them in if he was to hit the road and try to perform comedy today. I agree with D he is more unfunny than funny.

Conley
12-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Comedy is tricky, there are some who will laugh at things I just don't understand. There are a lot of 'niche' comics like Maher and Larry The Cable Guy who seem to be able to make a good living through it.

Mister D
12-31-2011, 10:11 AM
I don't know if you listen to NPR, I tune in a lot. I like the game shows and shit like that and it's a huge bonus not listening to 75% commercials.

Anyway, he was a call-in guest on Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. They have celebrity guests on the phone who are asked 3 questions and if they get two right, some random person gets a hokey prize. Multiple choice, he missed his first question so you pretty much have to get the next two right to win.

I don't remember the question but he picked an answer and the host came a hair short of giving him the right answer and an opportunity to change his original choice - and that "clue" sailed right over his head.

I started laughing when I recognized that the host was pretty much giving him the right answer and he completely missed it. They do that shit all the time and most of the guests are bright enough to catch on. Not Maher.

I'll have to find out what station that is here. I was listening to 77, which has all the conservatives, before I got a TV for my room but I haven't listened to much radio since.

Captain Obvious
12-31-2011, 08:18 PM
I'll have to find out what station that is here. I was listening to 77, which has all the conservatives, before I got a TV for my room but I haven't listened to much radio since.

You should be able to get an NPR station anywhere. Usually in the 80's or low 90's.

Saturday, 10am, Car Talk. You could also stream Car Talk shows on cartalk.com. Give it an hour, listen to one show. I'll be surprised if you don't get hooked, these guys are great.

WWDTM is probably my second favorite show there.

Here's a clip - you can start about half way for the best part (or listen to the whole segment) but it's on airport screening. I was in Alabama the summer before last driving to the outdoor garden there when listening to it and it was so fucking funny, I had to pull over because I was laughing so hard.

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=129039419&m=129039399

Mister D
12-31-2011, 08:22 PM
No speakers here but I will check it out. Thanks! I'll look it up online. I'm sure I can find the correct station here

Conley
12-31-2011, 08:29 PM
BTW you can get a set of computer speakers for about $10 I bet. At any Best Buy, Fry's etc...

Captain Obvious
12-31-2011, 08:36 PM
No speakers here but I will check it out. Thanks! I'll look it up online. I'm sure I can find the correct station here

You have a computer with no sound?

Mister D
12-31-2011, 08:41 PM
You have a computer with no sound?

Yeah. I never bought a new PC when I moved in. I'm using my roommate's. He set it up in the den so I can use it. I have to admit that I usually just post on forums when I'm online at night so I've been in no rush. I have been using my available funds for remodeling.

Captain Obvious
12-31-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah. I never bought a new PC when I moved in. I'm using my roommate's. He set it up in the den so I can use it. I have to admit that I usually just post on forums when I'm online at night so I've been in no rush. I have been using my available funds for remodeling.

I have like 10 sets of speakers in the basement, in the junk pile - I could mail you a lifetime's supply.

Conley
12-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Very generous of Cap'n. D you should take him up on it.

Mister D
12-31-2011, 09:38 PM
It is much appreciated! I will be getting a new machine soon though. What Mister D is waiting for is a sample of Captain's brew! :cool2:

Conley
12-31-2011, 09:41 PM
It is much appreciated! I will be getting a new machine soon though. What Mister D is waiting for is a sample of Captain's brew! :cool2:

You've been saying you were going to get a new computer for months! I understand not wanting to listen to MMC's rap videos but you're missing out on good stuff like Bill O and the Insane Clown Posse!

Mister D
12-31-2011, 09:42 PM
You've been saying you were going to get a new computer for months! I understand not wanting to listen to MMC's rap videos but you're missing out on good stuff like Bill O and the Insane Clown Posse!

:embarrassed: I have been saying that forever haven't I.

Captain Obvious
12-31-2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah, that's going to have to wait. My brewing days are on hiatus right now. I'm home on weekends and nothing reeks of divorce more than me spending my limited time brewing beer when I'm home.

I have 3 toilets in the house, 1 is working right now. I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a floor bracket without ripping up the floor to get the other two working. They rusted out on me.

Mister D
12-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah, that's going to have to wait. My brewing days are on hiatus right now. I'm home on weekends and nothing reeks of divorce more than me spending my limited time brewing beer when I'm home.

I have 3 toilets in the house, 1 is working right now. I'm still trying to figure out how to mount a floor bracket without ripping up the floor to get the other two working. They rusted out on me.

:laugh: :laugh:

My bathroom is getting remodeled now. It's weird taking a dump with holes in the walls and ceiling. He will be hooking the new toilet back up before he leaves for the day so I'll be able to use it. It's a cape cod so I only have the one crapper. I may ask him to put a second crapper in the basement later this year.

I was going to wow you all with my extensive knowledge butit turns out I was mistaken! :shocked: The terms "crap" and "crapper" were not derived from one Thomas Crapper who helped popularize the flush toilet.

MMC
01-01-2012, 12:42 AM

:shocked: :angry: :cry: :angry: :afro:

Mister D
01-01-2012, 11:21 AM

You haven't been too bad with the videos lately. :smiley:

Conley
01-01-2012, 11:29 AM

:kiss: