PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul Kicks Newt Gingrich While He is Down.....

MMC
12-29-2011, 07:15 PM
His son, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, just sent out a fundraising letter that rubs Gingrich's new low numbers in his face:

Not too long ago, Newt Gingrich said with 100% certainty, "I'm going to be the nominee."
It's got to be hard watching something you think you're entitled to slip away.

This week, Gingrich said he would not support the Texas congressman if he is selected as the Republican Party's presidential nominee.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/rand-paul-kicks-newt-gingrich-while-down-215412656.html

Mister D
12-29-2011, 07:16 PM
:laugh: Well, that was pretty foolish thing to say if he indeed said that.

Conley
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Agreed, that was a dumb thing to say but I don't think bringing it up makes either Paul look very good. I would rather they not stoop to that sort of thing.

MMC
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
What about Gingrich saying he won't support Paul if he is the Nominee? Yet I thought he told everybody in the debates that all on the stage would be better than Obama. Guess he really didnt mean that.....huh?

Conley
12-29-2011, 07:33 PM
What about Gingrich saying he won't support Paul if he is the Nominee? Yet I thought he told everybody in the debates that all on the stage would be better than Obama. Guess he really didnt mean that.....huh?

I disagree with that strongly. Even if Newt felt that way no point in saying it since Paul won't be the nominee.

MMC
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Still if he was.....what would it look like if he didn't and then Obama won?

Conley
12-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I think Ron Paul has been very loyal to the Republican party considering the way he's been treated.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Agreed, that was a dumb thing to say but I don't think bringing it up makes either Paul look very good. I would rather they not stoop to that sort of thing.

Agreed.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
I think Ron Paul has been very loyal to the Republican party considering the way he's been treated.

That's true.

MMC
12-29-2011, 08:08 PM
I don't see Paul taking So Carolina.....to many Military peeps. With all knowing he would close down many military bases. Kinda leaves him with slim pickings there.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't see Paul taking So Carolina.....to many Military peeps. With all knowing he would close down many military bases. Kinda leaves him with slim pickings there.

I agree but, then again, I never would have figured Newt wouldn't get on the ballot in any state let alone a southern state. Perry either so what do I know.

Conley
12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Is the percentage of military folks in SC that large relative to the general population? I mean I don't expect Paul to take it either but I'm not sure that's his biggest negative.

Here's a thought...if the primary system were revamped so all states did it on the same day, who would carry Texas? Would it be someone who called Texas home like Paul or Perry, or an outsider like Romney? I doubt Romney is very popular in Texas relative to other GOP candidates (being a liberal Yankee / Mormon) but if the primary is late enough he'll win just by virtue of being the front runner.

Mister D
12-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Is the percentage of military folks in SC that large relative to the general population? I mean I don't expect Paul to take it either but I'm not sure that's his biggest negative.

Here's a thought...if the primary system were revamped so all states did it on the same day, who would carry Texas? Would it be someone who called Texas home like Paul or Perry, or an outsider like Romney? I doubt Romney is very popular in Texas relative to other GOP candidates (being a liberal Yankee / Mormon) but if the primary is late enough he'll win just by virtue of being the front runner.

Timing is important. If the system was revamped some states would lose their importance all together.

GRUMPY
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM

clearly gingrich misspoke yet again.....

GRUMPY
12-30-2011, 02:40 PM

paul is a rather ridiculous old fool who has not been shy about attacking the character of others often his attacks (santorum/bachmann) having no merit....it is rather entertaining watching paul now twist and turn as his own character is justly assailed....

roadmaster
12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
They need to stop attacking each other and focus on beating Obama. If not they will beat themselves and we will have another 4 years of an unstable economy and liberal judges.

MMC
12-30-2011, 02:53 PM
clearly gingrich misspoke yet again.....

Heya G-Man.....so do you think Gingrich is in it to win it or just to promote his buisness-self? He has come along way from growing up as a Some Southern Conservative. Not to mention he is a Product of the 60's. What would you say the comparisons are of Gingrich as to that of Teddy Roosevelt?

GRUMPY
12-30-2011, 06:52 PM
Heya G-Man.....so do you think Gingrich is in it to win it or just to promote his buisness-self? He has come along way from growing up as a Some Southern Conservative. Not to mention he is a Product of the 60's. What would you say the comparisons are of Gingrich as to that of Teddy Roosevelt?

i think he saw an opening and seized it, but his words and love for making spotlight grabbing statements is going to bite him in the ass....romney is and has been the rep party choice....the electorate will cross their fingers and hold their noses voting for him but vote for him they will given that the choice is obama....tdr was a man, there are none running in this election....

MMC
12-30-2011, 07:18 PM
i think he saw an opening and seized it, but his words and love for making spotlight grabbing statements is going to bite him in the ass....romney is and has been the rep party choice....the electorate will cross their fingers and hold their noses voting for him but vote for him they will given that the choice is obama....tdr was a man, there are none running in this election....

Dont know if you knew this or not G-Man.....Gingrich is a product of both Roosevelts. Constantly he touts TDR. Yet he think FDR was the greatest president this country has ever had. Hence my always calling him a Progressive. Later he would adopt the Reagan Mantle. I agree with the KrautHammers and Fund's assessment of Gingrich. They.....We.....got him down cold.

But at the same time Newt tries to wrap himself in the Reagan mantle, he also exhibits another nostalgic tic that should give conservatives agita. Newt is an unabashed admirer of the Roosevelts — Theodore and Franklin. Together those two presidents embodied the Progressive (http://thepoliticalforums.com/#) Era and the New Deal, developments which dramatically expanded Washington’s powers and radically changed the expectations Americans had of government.

Just last week, Newt made clear his desire to emulate the two men when he told Newsweek magazine that, in handling intractable problems such as poverty, “we’re gonna experiment and experiment and experiment until we break through.”

Gingrich’s response was equivocal. “Well, first of all, there are a lot of different Teddy Roosevelts. He was a very complicated man,” he explained. “The Theodore Roosevelt as president is very different than the Theodore Roosevelt in 1912 running for president on a very aggressive big-government strategy. . . . Here was a guy who, as a pragmatic person looked around and said, ‘I want to fix these things. I want to find solutions.’ He’s also a great American nationalist.”

Voters sizing up Newt would do well to consider both sides of his outsize personality — the one that reverts back to Reaganism on many specific issues, along with the one that pines for the government dynamism of the Roosevelts.....snip~

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/286249/newt-and-roosevelts-john-fund

:wink:

ritchie
12-30-2011, 07:30 PM
The only person who would dare compare Gingrich to TR is Gingrich. He's a sham.

wingrider
12-31-2011, 07:12 PM
They need to stop attacking each other and focus on beating Obama. If not they will beat themselves and we will have another 4 years of an unstable economy and liberal judges.

now you got it... if the repubs don't stop this infighting and start focusing on the real goal , they are gonna hand obama the election on a silver platter..I am beginning to think the only people we have in DC are morons, buffoons and idiots