PDA

View Full Version : Obama Tells Republicans To SHOVE IT

Cigar
07-31-2013, 11:12 AM
President Obama is done caring about what congressional Republicans think. The president is meeting with Democrats in order to implement his agenda without them.

http://ww2.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/obama-point.jpg

With the clock running on Obama’s time in office — he’s even started marking the number of days left in public speeches — the president is done caring about congressional Republicans calling him a dictator. Or calling him at all.

And he’s used the executive authority tactic before, including last summer’s controversial move to cut deportations for younger illegal immigrants and the mental health focus he announced as part of his gun control agenda after the Newtown massacre.

But administration officials and advisers say what’s ahead will be more extensive and frequent than previous efforts, and the White House is on the hunt for anything that can move without congressional approval, including encouraging efforts like Attorney General Eric Holder’s lawsuits to find new avenues of enforcement in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision on the Voting Rights Act last month.

In short, the president is telling Republicans to take their obstruction, shove it where the sun doesn’t shine. Nothing enrages obstructionist congressional Republicans more than Obama working around them. The power to obstruct is only power that Republicans have left. John Boehner’s office has already been howling about a presidential power grab on every issue, but this is nothing different from what the Speaker has been saying for more than two years.

Republicans have no one but themselves to blame for their current plight. They could have had a grand bargain on the taxes, the debt, and deficit. They could have worked with the president to modify Obamacare. They could have had a hand in immigration, but each time that the president offered cooperation and compromise, they said no. Republicans have said no so often that President Obama’s only choice is to implement as much of his agenda as possible through executive action.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/04/08/congress-follow-obamas-lead-give-salaries-struggling.html

keymanjim
07-31-2013, 11:14 AM
The great divider strikes again.

Cigar
07-31-2013, 11:15 AM
The great divider strikes again.

Dam Straight ,,, Sport :grin:

keymanjim
07-31-2013, 11:17 AM
Dam Straight ,,, Sport :grin:
Getting nothing done is far more preferable than getting the wrong things done.
If the Republicans do their jobs and stop obama at every point, then I'm all for it.

The whiny little bitch should have never been in office in the first place.

Agravan
07-31-2013, 11:20 AM
"The president is meeting with Democrats in order to implement his agenda without them." -

Another illegal abuse of power.
But Cigar and our liberal cadre are ok with this. obama is setting a dangerous precedence. Wait for liberal heads to start exploding when the next GOP president, and there will be a next GOP president no matter how much liberals believe they have a permanent hold on power now, decides to bypass Congress like this moron is doing.

Cigar
07-31-2013, 12:48 PM
If the Republicans do their jobs and stop obama at every point, then I'm all for it.

But he is ... and there's nothing you can do about it but take it and love it ... bitch. :laugh:

Cigar
07-31-2013, 12:49 PM
"The president is meeting with Democrats in order to implement his agenda without them." -

Another illegal abuse of power.
But Cigar and our liberal cadre are ok with this. obama is setting a dangerous precedence. Wait for liberal heads to start exploding when the next GOP president, and there will be a next GOP president no matter how much liberals believe they have a permanent hold on power now, decides to bypass Congress like this moron is doing.

Dam straight ... fuck talking to The GOP :tongue:

Cigar
07-31-2013, 12:51 PM
RIGHT ABOUT NOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MGeVtzqFlUY

Chris
07-31-2013, 12:57 PM
http://i.snag.gy/Y9UyE.jpg

Adelaide
07-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Both idiots/sides should be ashamed of themselves. No one, absolutely no one, is doing what is best for the people of the country when they refuse to exchange ideas and make compromises.

jillian
07-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Both idiots/sides should be ashamed of themselves. No one, absolutely no one, is doing what is best for the people of the country when they refuse to exchange ideas and make compromises.

I would prefer they worked in a bi-partisan fashion.

but what would you suggest be done when someone is faced by a group of people who want nothing but to destroy his presidency... even sabotaging an economic recovery.

i'm not sure you can lay this one on "both sides".

patrickt
07-31-2013, 01:16 PM
"President Obama is done caring about what congressional Republicans think."

My god, does Cigar actually think there was a time when President Obama cared what any American thought? Eighty-three percent want voter ID laws and President Obama sues the states to prevent it. Most people don't want Obamacare but, as Rep. Pelosi said, they don't care if nobody wants it, they're getting it.

Yes, poor Barack Obama has to rule virtually alone in his quest for the USSA.

Adelaide
07-31-2013, 01:17 PM
I would prefer they worked in a bi-partisan fashion.

but what would you suggest be done when someone is faced by a group of people who want nothing but to destroy his presidency... even sabotaging an economic recovery.

i'm not sure you can lay this one on "both sides".

I don't know - I think the Democrats would be doing the same thing if Romney (or McCain before him) had won. I don't have much, if any, respect for either party.

Chris
07-31-2013, 02:21 PM

That depends on whether or not you believe government is supposed or even capable to meddle in the economy. So far, history says it screws things up more than anything. So doing less is better. As Thoreau said "That government is best which governs least."

Chris
07-31-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't know - I think the Democrats would be doing the same thing if Romney (or McCain before him) had won. I don't have much, if any, respect for either party.

Exactly. The job of the opposition is to oppose.

I saw an article other day that asked what if Romney had won. Was thinking of posting for discussion.

nic34
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM

That's not how it was during the GW Bush years. If it HAD been, we'd not have gone to Iraq.

Chris
07-31-2013, 02:26 PM
That's not how it was during the GW Bush years. If it HAD been, we'd not have gone to Iraq.

See, so being bipartisan is a bad thing. Dems should have opposed it. They fail, miserably.

metheron
07-31-2013, 02:28 PM

I saw an article other day that asked what if Romney had won. Was thinking of posting for discussion.

The job of the opposition?

Do you really believe that Democrat and Republican Senators job is to really just oppose one another just for the sake of opposing one another?

The job of our politicians is to move this country forward by working together in a bi-partisan fashion.

Not just oppose one another. You must believe the government is doing a great job now?

Agravan
07-31-2013, 02:29 PM

In today's political climate, it's the Democrat's job to oppose Republicans, but the Republican's job is to agree with and go along with Democrats.
Tyranny has arrived. Welcome to one-party rule, otherwise known as despotism.
obama has succeeded in his goal of turning the U.S. into a banana republic.

metheron
07-31-2013, 02:29 PM

Agreed, and yet we keep re-electing the same damn people.

Agravan
07-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Dems voted FOR the war.

Chris
07-31-2013, 02:32 PM
The job of the opposition?

Do you really believe that Democrat and Republican Senators job is to really just oppose one another just for the sake of opposing one another?

The job of our politicians is to move this country forward by working together in a bi-partisan fashion.

Not just oppose one another. You must believe the government is doing a great job now?

Where did I say oppose just for the sake of opposing?

They have opposing ideas, represent opposing factions.

Yes, it's doing a great job doing nothing.

nic34
07-31-2013, 02:33 PM
Dems voted FOR the war.

That was my point. Dems co-operated in bipartisan fashion. Reps never do.

Get it?

zelmo1234
07-31-2013, 02:34 PM
The funny part is he can't extend the debt limit!

So he and the Dems can have all the fun they want on a NO money budget?

Obama has never offered anything with out a poison pill in it, and he is a lame duck because of the scandals.

They can plan and cry and toss temper tantrums for all I care but the are going to have to compromise on the debt ceiling? And being they lied to the Republicans on spending cuts the last 2 times.

So he can talk tuff all he wants his policies suck and the best thing for the country is for them not to be implemented

metheron
07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Where did I say oppose just for the sake of opposing?

Post #15

Sorry if I misunderstood. What I got out of the post was that since Republicans and Democrats are on opposite sides of the aisle that is was their job to oppose?

Chris
07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Post #15

Sorry if I misunderstood. What I got out of the post was that since Republicans and Democrats are on opposite sides of the aisle that is was their job to oppose?

No, problem, I wasn't clear. I shortened it from an earlier discussion: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/14611-The-Opposition?highlight=opposition+oppose.

jillian
07-31-2013, 03:20 PM

why would you think that? we have no history of it. we worked with Bush. if we had to stand in the way of privatizing social security and passing onerous anti-choice regulations, I have no doubt we would. but no one has ever seen a president treated in this fashion.

metheron
07-31-2013, 03:26 PM
why would you think that? we have no history of it. we worked with Bush. if we had to stand in the way of privatizing social security and passing onerous anti-choice regulations, I have no doubt we would. but no one has ever seen a president treated in this fashion.

Right. No one has ever seen a President treated this way. I agree. And that is the same reason I agree with Adelaide. We are in a new place politically and I don't think the Democrats are any better. I mean they are all on board with subverting the Democratic process and bypassing Congress as much as possible. That should tell you as much right there.

Chris
07-31-2013, 03:30 PM
Right. No one has ever seen a President treated this way. I agree. And that is the same reason I agree with Adelaide. We are in a new place politically and I don't think the Democrats are any better. I mean they are all on board with subverting the Democratic process and bypassing Congress as much as possible. That should tell you as much right there.

Not since, uh, Bush, who, according to liberals, er, some libs, is still to blame for everything.

I'm bipartisan, I was and am against both of them.

Ransom
07-31-2013, 04:14 PM
Dems voted FOR the war.

Nic would be unaware of that fact.

pragmatic
07-31-2013, 05:32 PM
Like him or dislike him....Obama and his handlers are brilliant politicians. And we can be relative certain this new tactic has been well thought through. The approach is straight out of the Saul Alinsky handbook (and for those of you who have not read Alinsky, he was a political ninja).

Probably a smart move by by Obama. Will just have to wait and see how well he pulls it off....

Professor Peabody
08-01-2013, 02:38 AM
President Obama is done caring about what congressional Republicans think. The president is meeting with Democrats in order to implement his agenda without them.

http://ww2.politicususa.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/obama-point.jpg

With the clock running on Obama’s time in office — he’s even started marking the number of days left in public speeches — the president is done caring about congressional Republicans calling him a dictator. Or calling him at all.

And he’s used the executive authority tactic before, including last summer’s controversial move to cut deportations for younger illegal immigrants and the mental health focus he announced as part of his gun control agenda after the Newtown massacre.

But administration officials and advisers say what’s ahead will be more extensive and frequent than previous efforts, and the White House is on the hunt for anything that can move without congressional approval, including encouraging efforts like Attorney General Eric Holder’s lawsuits to find new avenues of enforcement in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision on the Voting Rights Act last month.

In short, the president is telling Republicans to take their obstruction, shove it where the sun doesn’t shine. Nothing enrages obstructionist congressional Republicans more than Obama working around them. The power to obstruct is only power that Republicans have left. John Boehner’s office has already been howling about a presidential power grab on every issue, but this is nothing different from what the Speaker has been saying for more than two years.

Republicans have no one but themselves to blame for their current plight. They could have had a grand bargain on the taxes, the debt, and deficit. They could have worked with the president to modify Obamacare. They could have had a hand in immigration, but each time that the president offered cooperation and compromise, they said no. Republicans have said no so often that President Obama’s only choice is to implement as much of his agenda as possible through executive action.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/04/08/congress-follow-obamas-lead-give-salaries-struggling.html

Come Nov 2014, it's our capon in chief that will be bending and spreading 'em for a shovin of his own.

Matty
08-01-2013, 02:48 AM

obama is a bitch, that's for sure. yep and whiny too.

Matty
08-01-2013, 02:49 AM
He can't even throw a baseball.

Matty
08-01-2013, 02:50 AM
He should ask Weiner to show him how it's done. :smiley_ROFLMAO: