PDA

View Full Version : What if Mitt Romney had won?

Chris
07-31-2013, 02:25 PM
OK, so I saw this article the other day, What if Mitt Romney had won? (http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21582262-lessons-victory-never-was-what-if-mitt-romney-had-won). Didn't read much of it, don't really recommend it, but thought it might make for an interesting topic. So I'll open the floor. Free for all. What do you think would have happened, would be now?

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 02:26 PM
What do you think would have happened, would be now?

That doesn't parse.

Annoying, ain't it? LOL

Chris
07-31-2013, 02:27 PM
No, not particularly. Did you have an answer, an opinion?

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Opinion? You want people's *GASP* opinions?

If I post my opinion, can I expect a college kid to post pointing out it's just my opinion?

GrassrootsConservative
07-31-2013, 04:01 PM
If Mitt Romney had won blacks would have assassinated him and started riots.

Here's my source:
http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-threaten-to-kill-romney-if-he-wins-election/

If you don't like that I can find the actual tweets and link them here. I know the partisan hacks don't like infowars due to the overwhelming amount of truth they report.

Seriously though anyone who denies that these threats were made is an imbecile.

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 04:18 PM

Here's my source:
http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-threaten-to-kill-romney-if-he-wins-election/

If you don't like that I can find the actual tweets and link them here. I know the partisan hacks don't like infowars due to the overwhelming amount of truth they report.

That is so funny.

GrassrootsConservative
07-31-2013, 04:21 PM
That is so funny.

That's your opinion, Blumpkin.

​Bazinga!

jillian
07-31-2013, 04:21 PM

Here's my source:

You have a vivid fantasy life n

delusional.....but vivid

jillian
07-31-2013, 04:22 PM

​Bazinga!

A smart, funny or winning response deserves a bazinga. That was no bazinga

Chris
07-31-2013, 04:23 PM
But, whether I agree with his opinion, and I don't actually, at least GrassrootsConservative offered an opinion on the topic...that is otherwise acting like flypaper.

jillian
07-31-2013, 04:26 PM
But, wether I agree with his opinion, and I don't actually, at least GrassrootsConservative offered an opinion on the topic...that is otherwise acting like flypaper.

That isn't an opinion. An opinion has to be based on some semblance of fact. That was just another of his racist rants.

jillian
07-31-2013, 04:29 PM
What would have happened if Romney were president is that the House would be enacting an extremist right wing agenda including severe city's to anything that isn't corporate welfare and anti choice, personhood legislation. And Harry Reid might or might not have been able to shut it down. What wouldn't be happening are the intentional efforts of the House to sabotage the economy.

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 04:29 PM

​Bazinga!

Yeah. People tend to post their opinions here. What a big surprise.

I'm sure you don't post opinions.

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 04:31 PM
What wouldn't be happening are the intentional efforts of the House to sabotage the economy.

Still, the stock market would be down. I base that on the history of the stock market when Republicans are in the White House.

jillian
07-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Still, the stock market would be down. I base that on the history of the stock market when Republicans are in the White House.

Thats fair. And of course, the deficit would be up b/c dick Cheney, his advisor, would have pushed him to invade Libya and Syria. And they'd be yelling "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 04:33 PM
But, wether I agree with his opinion, and I don't actually, at least GrassrootsConservative offered an opinion on the topic...that is otherwise acting like flypaper.

He offered someone's opinion.

GrassrootsConservative
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM

And I even sourced it.

Here's an even better source, with screenshots of the tweets:

http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-continue-threats-to-riot-assassinate-romney/

http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/october2012/231012riot3.jpg

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Thats fair. And of course, the deficit would be up b/c dick Cheney, his advisor, would have pushed him to invade Libya and Syria. And they'd be yelling "bomb, bomb, bomb Iran"

They would have invaded Iran by now. Didn't Romney say he liked that idea?

GrassrootsConservative
07-31-2013, 04:35 PM
http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/october2012/231012riot4.jpg

"nigga" :biglaugh:

Bumpkin
And I even sourced it.

Is it your opinion that Romney would have been assassinated? (Warning: This is an IQ test.)

jillian
They would have invaded Iran by now. Didn't Romney say he liked that idea?

I'd like to think cooler heads would have prevailed on that score

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Lid like to think cooler heads would have prevailed on that score

You are probably right. Romney was incredibly dishonest and would say anything to get elected.

GrassrootsConservative
07-31-2013, 04:39 PM
Is it your opinion that Romney would have been assassinated? (Warning: This is an IQ test.)

It is my opinion that Mitt Romney would have been assassinated if he was elected president, yes.

Don't twist it. Do not twist it.

Chris
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
That isn't an opinion. An opinion has to be based on some semblance of fact. That was just another of his racist rants.

Well, I do disagree with his opinion.

But note, while I agree opinion ought usually to depend on some semblance of factual reality, the OP asks only for opinion, a sort of free for all, since we cannot really know with any certainty what would have happened.

What's your opinion, anyway, what do you think would have happened?

Chris
07-31-2013, 04:42 PM
What would have happened if Romney were president is that the House would be enacting an extremist right wing agenda including severe city's to anything that isn't corporate welfare and anti choice, personhood legislation. And Harry Reid might or might not have been able to shut it down. What wouldn't be happening are the intentional efforts of the House to sabotage the economy.

OK, just seeing your opinion.

Thank you.

jillian
07-31-2013, 05:22 PM
You are probably right. Romney was incredibly dishonest and would say anything to get elected.

That's the truth. I've never seen anyone move that far right and then not even try to move to the middle for the general election

jillian
07-31-2013, 05:22 PM
OK, just seeing your opinion.

Thank you.

No worries.

Chris
07-31-2013, 05:31 PM
I should venture my own opinion: I don't think it would have made a damn bit of difference.

I do have some evidence. I recall the townhall Romney said if elected he wanted to help me and my family. Egads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhYJS80MgYA

Ravi
07-31-2013, 05:49 PM
What if Mitt Romney had won?
He wouldn't be a loser.

Chris
07-31-2013, 06:34 PM
:sign10:

Adelaide
07-31-2013, 06:46 PM
I do not think much would be different at all, except Democrats would be blocking Republicans instead of Republicans blocking Democrats.

Bumpkin
07-31-2013, 06:53 PM
Democrats did not block Republicans to the extent that Republicans have blocked Democrats, so I doubt that would be happening now.

jillian
07-31-2013, 07:01 PM
I do not think much would be different at all, except Democrats would be blocking Republicans instead of Republicans blocking Democrats.

the republican senate has filibustered the president over 400 times. that has never even come close to happening before.

they intentionally filibustered his cabinet in numbers equal to the number of filibusters of cabinet members during the entire course of our history.

Chris
07-31-2013, 07:06 PM

IOW, same difference.

Venus
07-31-2013, 07:08 PM

I would also add that they would be bitching just as much if not more than we are at what the President and his administration is doing.

Mainecoons
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
Democrats did not block Republicans to the extent that Republicans have blocked Democrats, so I doubt that would be happening now.

awww, poor little Demmies, only control two thirds of the government and they still can't get anything done or even write up a budget.

:grin:

Cigar
07-31-2013, 07:09 PM
OK, so I saw this article the other day, What if Mitt Romney had won? (http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21582262-lessons-victory-never-was-what-if-mitt-romney-had-won). Didn't read much of it, don't really recommend it, but thought it might make for an interesting topic. So I'll open the floor. Free for all. What do you think would have happened, would be now?

There was never any doubt he would lose.

Chris
07-31-2013, 07:10 PM
There was never any doubt he would lose.

Yea but what if?

Cigar
07-31-2013, 07:10 PM
awww, poor little Demmies, only control two thirds of the government and they still can't get anything done or even write up a budget.

:grin:
Let's see who starts bitching once Obama starts doing his own thang. :)