PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich Signals Romney Attack.....

MMC
12-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Dec. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who has largely refrained from attacking Republican rivals in the race for the party’s presidential nomination, signaled that he is ready to confront Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor favored in early contests.

While he may not win in New Hampshire, Gingrich said, he can’t skip the nation’s first primary election. “Each race generates a wave of national media,” Gingrich said. “My goal is to have this become a race between a Massachusetts moderate and a Georgia conservative.”
“The trick is to relax and gradually consolidate the conservatives,” Gingrich said.

A CNN/Time/ORC International poll of likely Iowa caucus- goers released yesterday showed Gingrich in fourth place in Iowa, with 14 percent support. Romney held a lead, with 25 percent. He was followed by Paul, with 22 percent, and former Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania with 16 percent. The poll of 452 likely caucus-goers was conducted Dec. 21-27 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.

“It’s all going to be turmoil until Tuesday night,” Gingrich said yesterday on the campaign trail in Sioux City. “On Tuesday, probably a third to half the people that walk in will be open to changing their minds about all of us.”.....snip~
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-30/gingrich-signals-romney-attack-as-contest-moves-to-new-hampshire.html <<<<< More Here!

Gingrich has filed a suit in Virginia as has Perry since both did not have enough signatures to get on the ballot. So he now has to spend money for that. Plus get his campaign organized, up and running. He pretty much is walking away from Iowa. Focusing his terminology on the First Primary of the Election.

Naturally the Media is making more out of than there really is. Moreover Gingrich showed one of his hold card. Which is he will not Support Ron Paul if he wins the Nomination. To me if Paul did win it would be due to all the GOP standing with him. Which then Puts Mr Gingrich at odds with all other Republicans and Conservatives. Doesnt it?

Conley
12-30-2011, 10:46 AM
I can't believe these guys are suing the GOP of Virginia. Ridiculous. Especially Perry who has campaigned using his record of cutting down on frivolous lawsuits.

Also I was surprised to see Santorum in 3rd in Iowa. To me that just shows out of whack the system is, letting Iowa decide who gets the media. MMC hates the Sunni, French, and Tebow...well, I feel the same way about Iowa! :laugh:

MMC
12-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Perry is a retard. He now says he is against abortion in all cases. Inlcuding rape, danger to the mother or the baby. But yep.....both are suing the State of Virginia because they just want to serve the country!

Conley
12-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Another guy using campaign funds to run a book tour maybe? That's the only reason I can think of for him to continue this charade.

Mister D
12-30-2011, 11:07 AM
Perry is a retard. He now says he is against abortion in all cases. Inlcuding rape, danger to the mother or the baby. But yep.....both are suing the State of Virginia because they just want to serve the country!

Sounds like he is just flailnig at this point. Trying to cause a stir. What does he have to lose?

Edit: Then again, when they have nothign to lsoe perhaps we get a clearer picture of what they really believe.