PDA

View Full Version : US wants 2012 talks for Taliban political office

roadmaster
12-30-2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/10545791/

The U.S. goal is to midwife talks between the insurgents and the U.S.-backed Afghan government led by Karzai, who frequently has felt sidelined by the U.S. as it pursues talks with his enemies. He bills peace talks as an Afghan-led process, which the U.S. insists is also its goal. The U.S. outreach is meant to jump-start negotiations, U.S. officials have said, but they acknowledge that their efforts can feed the perception that Karzai is not fully in charge.

Hopefully, I put this in the right place. We are now going to meddle and negotiating with the Taliban

Pendragon
12-30-2011, 02:38 PM
It looks wonderful to me. In order to achieve our goals in Afghanistan there must be peace. Continued war will not advance our interests and in the absence of our military presence the current government will most certainly fall.

roadmaster
12-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Peace is great but WE are not going to prevent anything. I don't want our men and women in another war. Let them settle their own problems. Our leaders should focus on the USA.

MMC
12-30-2011, 03:04 PM
How about Karzai feeding his own Perception. Especially when he visits Iran and then comes out and tells the World should the US and Pakistan go to war that the Afghanis will side with the Pakis. As soon as he made that World-Wide Statement and after seeing the Blood and sacrifice of men and Women in Uniform. We should have stop all operations and training of their people. Closed our Embassy and Pulled up shop. Withdrawing all Military Personell and stoping all Economic Aid, Military Aid, and any Humantarian Aid.

Also how about the fact the Taliban are just waiting for us to leave and then they Will Kill Karzai just like they did his Warlord and Drug-Lord. His Brother!

But in no way shape or form should we be about setting up the Taliban in a Political Office in another Islamic Country.

Pendragon
12-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Peace is great but WE are not going to prevent anything. I don't want our men and women in another war. Let them settle their own problems. Our leaders should focus on the USA.

I would hope that our leaders are intelligent enough to be able to focus on domestic and international issues simultaneously, otherwise what point do they serve?