PDA

View Full Version : Furthur Adventures of Stumpy

Matty
08-01-2013, 06:34 PM
So yesterday morning early I was laying in the pool watching the sun come up. I spotted a squirrel spiraling down a big pine tree, onto the fence and then into one of the palm trees. I thought. "Good thing Stumpy is indoors, he'd be going nuts." Well this morning the tree guy shows up to trim the palm trees and low and behold there's a squirrel nest in one of them. There were four babies in the nest. Stumpy knew they were there and has been nest watching all day. Mama squirrel just picked up the last of her four babies and took it up into the pine tree. So now I'm wondering where she put them cause I don't see a nest up there and secondly I wonder why she had her nest so far away from where she lived? Any one know about squirrel behavior? Thank goodness none of them fell out of the nest, tree, or off the fence. Stumpy would make short work of the "tree rats."

strollingbonez
08-02-2013, 09:00 AM
we have red squirrels but they are a mystery to me...and to the cats...yoda goes nuts over the flying squirrels at night

jillian
08-02-2013, 09:41 AM
we used to have a terrace garden.... flowers, veggies, it was really pretty...

nasty little squirrels climbed five stories via tree to eat everything we grew.

and pigeons made a nest under our bench. #ratswithwings

Dr. Who
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
So yesterday morning early I was laying in the pool watching the sun come up. I spotted a squirrel spiraling down a big pine tree, onto the fence and then into one of the palm trees. I thought. "Good thing Stumpy is indoors, he'd be going nuts." Well this morning the tree guy shows up to trim the palm trees and low and behold there's a squirrel nest in one of them. There were four babies in the nest. Stumpy knew they were there and has been nest watching all day. Mama squirrel just picked up the last of her four babies and took it up into the pine tree. So now I'm wondering where she put them cause I don't see a nest up there and secondly I wonder why she had her nest so far away from where she lived? Any one know about squirrel behavior? Thank goodness none of them fell out of the nest, tree, or off the fence. Stumpy would make short work of the "tree rats."

Though you may live further south, the grey squirrel has a rather large range, so the following offers some insight:

http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/wildlife/index.php?subject=Mammals&id=24

Matty
08-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Though you may live further south, the grey squirrel has a rather large range, so the following offers some insight:

http://www.massaudubon.org/Nature_Connection/wildlife/index.php?subject=Mammals&id=24

Thank You. Yep ours look like the common grey. I didn't know they kept two dwellings. That answers that question.

Matty
08-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Matty
08-02-2013, 11:29 AM

Stumpy Graduates . VALEDICTORIAN :)

strollingbonez
08-02-2013, 12:06 PM

Stumpy Graduates . VALEDICTORIAN :)

he did it!!!

Matty
08-02-2013, 12:19 PM
he did it!!!

he gets to advance now to intermediate. :)

Matty
08-10-2013, 05:21 PM
So,, NOW Stumpy can show me where the DOG COOKIES live, he can pull the rope to open the cupboard door, and then he can place his nose on the bag of Newman's Own peanut butter dog cookies AND then he can sit and wait patiently for me to open the bag and THEN he can wait for the command GENTLY before taking his cookie. I am a proud mamma. :)

Matty
08-10-2013, 05:22 PM
We start back to school Wednesday, we missed one week cause of my car crash!

strollingbonez
08-10-2013, 10:03 PM
car crash?

Matty
08-11-2013, 01:05 AM

asswipe of a kid blew right through a stop sign and T boned me. Ouch!

strollingbonez
08-11-2013, 06:28 AM
omg willow.....i am glad you are okay....hubby is laughing at stumpy's diploma lol

strollingbonez
08-11-2013, 06:41 AM
did they total the car? the insurance?

jillian
08-11-2013, 07:37 AM

asswipe of a kid blew right through a stop sign and T boned me. Ouch!

sheesh! you ok!

maybe you should have waited til he was older to let stumpy drive. ;)

strollingbonez
08-11-2013, 07:40 AM
o so you missed the wreck too? i was surprised by it totally...and that looks like one of them wrecks where you get really sore the next day or two

Matty
08-11-2013, 07:42 AM
did they total the car? the insurance?

No, Geico (his uncle's insurance) is paying 4 grand to fix it and paying for my rental now going on three weeks. They have to replace both the front and back door and the back wheel cover whatever you call that thin and then paint it.. This is my dear Toyota that I've been driving for 13 years, it was in pristine condition. That's what pisses me off, that and he didn't even attempt to stop.

Matty
08-11-2013, 07:43 AM
sheesh! you ok!

maybe you should have waited til he was older to let stumpy drive. ;)

Smart ass! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

jillian
08-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Smart ass! :smiley_ROFLMAO:

that's why you love me :D

strollingbonez
08-11-2013, 05:26 PM
No, Geico (his uncle's insurance) is paying 4 grand to fix it and paying for my rental now going on three weeks. They have to replace both the front and back door and the back wheel cover whatever you call that thin and then paint it.. This is my dear Toyota that I've been driving for 13 years, it was in pristine condition. That's what pisses me off, that and he didn't even attempt to stop.

fuck the car....as long as you and the stumpy are good to go

Matty
08-11-2013, 06:26 PM
fuck the car....as long as you and the stumpy are good to go

When it first happened I felt terrible pain in my right chest, shoulder and arm, but it soon went away, a passerby still called EMS and the Fire department, I had about 10 of the best looking men standing around asking if I needed to go to the hospital.. :)

Matty
08-16-2013, 04:58 PM
​I got my car back. She looks good as new. I'm a happy camper. :)