PDA

View Full Version : Easy and quick dinner tonight

oceanloverOH
08-03-2013, 02:45 PM
I didn't sleep well or long last night.......so it's only 3:30 pm and I'm having trouble staying awake!

I decided not to go to any great trouble for dinner tonight. Mr. Ocean picked up some fresh corn on the cob from a local corn farmer this morning, and I'm going to make chicken to go with it:

Barbecued Chicken on the George Foreman Grill (GFG)

1 lb thinly-sliced chicken breast (about 4 thin breasts)
(if you can't find thinly-sliced, then pound it between waxed paper with a pan)
1 cup of bottled barbecue sauce, your favorite brand/flavor
A garlic powder/onion powder/black pepper blend; I use Chef Paul Prudhomme spice blends (salt/sugar free)
2-4 slices thick-sliced raw bacon, cut in half
2-4 thin-sliced deli cheese slices, cut in half
(any kind; I have used sharp cheddar, pepper jack, provolone and swiss at different times)

Place breasts in a gallon-sized ziplock baggie with barbecue sauce. Zip bag closed, then turn and squeeze and shake bag to ensure breasts are completely covered. Refrigerate chicken in bag for 6-8 hours.

Preheat GFG. Remove chicken from baggie; discard baggie and remaining sauce. Lay chicken breasts on a plate and sprinkle both sides generously with blended spices. Place breasts on preheated grill; lay ½ slice of bacon lengthwise on each breast (if the breasts are bigger, lay 2 half-slices on each widthwise). Close grill cover and cook about 7 or 8 minutes, or until bacon is fully cooked. Open grill cover, but don't turn it off yet. Lay ½ slice of cheese on top of the bacon on each breast (if the breasts are bigger, use a full slice). Let breasts cook 1-2 minutes longer with lid open, until cheese is just melted. Remove chicken and serve.

Common
08-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Thats sounds good OC but it sure doesnt sound easy :)

Peter1469
08-03-2013, 08:15 PM
:wink:

oceanloverOH
08-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Thats sounds good OC but it sure doesnt sound easy :)

MUCH easier in practice than it looks when written down. Took all of 15 minutes to prepare :danceshout:

Peter1469
08-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Cooking can be easy. Some stuff it complicated like the timing for pasta carbonara (a fav of mine) but there is so much that is easy and fast.

roadmaster
08-03-2013, 11:08 PM
I made my husband something he loves. A salad with lettuce, chopped up fresh strawberries , cheese, blueberries, walnuts, a few pecans, one boiled egg sliced in half, some chopped up chicken and his choice of dressing. Instead of crackers he likes the soft wheat bread buttered. I did eat the same without the walnuts and used unsalted crackers.:smiley:

Peter1469
08-03-2013, 11:31 PM
sounds yummy

oceanloverOH
08-04-2013, 01:28 AM
I made my husband something he loves. A salad with lettuce, chopped up fresh strawberries , cheese, blueberries, walnuts, a few pecans, one boiled egg sliced in half, some chopped up chicken and his choice of dressing. Instead of crackers he likes the soft wheat bread buttered. I did eat the same without the walnuts and used unsalted crackers.:smiley:

Oh yum, what a great summer salad!

Common
08-04-2013, 08:14 AM

Sounds real good only I would leave the fruit off of mine