PDA

View Full Version : The 'race card' is all that the Democrats have in 2014

Chris
08-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Think about it, they really have nothing else positive to run on.

We saw a preview of the Democrats' strategy when Attorney Genera Holder declared war on Texas over the Voting Rights Act....

...The strategy for 2014 is to energize blacks and hispanos to show up by reminding them that Obama loves them and the GOP doesn't.

Beth Reinhard has a good post on the importance of turnout without President Obama on the ballot:

"Without President Obama's name on the ballot, Democrats and civil rights leaders increasingly view voting rights as a rallying cry that could boost minority participation in key midterm Senate races in 2014.

Facing a challenging election landscape in which African-American and Hispanic turnout typically dips, Democrats are seizing on Republican attempts to pass voter identification laws and the Supreme Court's ruling that Congress rewrite the landmark law protecting minority voting rights. Attorney General Eric Holder is suing the state of Texas to continue monitoring its electoral laws and districts. Civil rights leaders, who met with Holder and President Obama at the White House on Monday, are launching a massive voter registration drive next month to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the historic March on Washington."

The strategy is risky:

First, let's remember that Americans support Voting ID laws;

Second, the strategy could energize the other side as we saw in 2010 and 1994; and,

Third, the Obama team assumes that blacks and Hispanos are really stupid and not able to think for themselves, i.e. blind love!

The tragedy is that going to war with Texas over "voting rights" will do little to help the minorities that the Obama administration claims to represent.
Jobs and GDP growth are the two ingredients that will help Hispanics and blacks.

Of course, the Obama administration does not want to talk about jobs or GDP growth. They certainly don't want blacks and hispanos to hear that they have a better chance of finding a job in Republican Texas than Democrat California!

They just want Hispanos and blacks hear that the GOP hates them.

How cynical is the Obama team? Very cynical or "muy cinico" as they say in Spanish!

@ The 'race card' is all that the Democrats have in 2014 (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/08/the_race_card_is_all_that_the_democrats_have_in_20 14.html#ixzz2b9TbWMw9)

fyrenza
08-06-2013, 01:52 AM
It truly wouldn't surprise me for the dims to run another, (only, THIS time, actually) black person.

GrassrootsConservative
08-06-2013, 02:04 AM
It truly wouldn't surprise me for the dims to run another, (only, THIS time, actually) black person.

Why would it matter if they did? Running a black person isn't playing the race card.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 06:44 AM
The GOP has made their own tent ... so it time for them to invite all their friends for the big party.

http://falconain.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/little-baby-pouting.jpg

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Why are you pouting, cigar?

jillian
08-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Think about it, they really have nothing else positive to run on.

@ The 'race card' is all that the Democrats have in 2014 (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/08/the_race_card_is_all_that_the_democrats_have_in_20 14.html#ixzz2b9TbWMw9)

unsubstantiated partisan "opinion"

Ravi
08-06-2013, 08:46 AM
Yep. Dems have an improving economy despite all the Republican efforts to destroy it.

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:46 AM

The OP substantiates it, but then you;d have to actually read it.

But if you think not? Then substantiate what else the Dems will run on. Go ahead, actually say something for a change.

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Yep. Dems have an improving economy despite all the Republican efforts to destroy it.

One of the slowest recoveries in our history. Why do you think Obama's announcing trickle out?

Ravi
08-06-2013, 08:52 AM
They just want Hispanos and blacks hear that the GOP hates them.Jeesh, how ungrammatical. Anyone that takes anything American non-Thinker writes seriously is an idiot.

nic34
08-06-2013, 08:58 AM

They say they aren't republicans, yet they have no problem using their propaganda.....

Mainecoons
08-06-2013, 09:00 AM

What's in your wallet, liberals?

:rofl:

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Jeesh, how ungrammatical. Anyone that takes anything American non-Thinker writes seriously is an idiot.

Ad hom. Whatamatter, can't address the topic?

nic34
08-06-2013, 09:01 AM
Project much?

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:02 AM
They say they aren't republicans, yet they have no problem using their propaganda.....

No, not a Republican.

What propaganda, nic? Or will you just leave your post "unsubstantiated partisan "opinion"".

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Project much?

What project? I do need to weed around the house. And I'm redoing the stairs.

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:06 AM
There's always The Name of Obama's Game Is Blame (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/08/05/the_name_of_obamas_game_is_blame_119494.html#ixzz2 bCKE2Ko0):

One supposes that his current series of campaign-style speeches is the curtain-raiser for the 2014 midterm elections, in which the president will tell his fellow Americans that if they'd only send more Democrats to Washington, he could get Congress working again.

At least, I hope that's his goal. It would be more reassuring than thinking that we have a president who plans to spend four years positioning himself for a place in posterity that he basically sums up like this: "I tried, but Republicans in Congress were too mean to me."

But the race card is just part of the blame game.

Ravi
08-06-2013, 09:10 AM

Funny how that works!

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:12 AM
Funny how that works!

Funny how that works that you all leftists just can't seem to defend Obama.

Mainecoons
08-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Unlike yourselves, who seem to be confined mainly to really credible sites like Stink Progress, we look at a lot of stuff.

You should try it some time. It could make a real difference in the currently dismal quality of your posting here.

We'll help you with the big words.

:grin:

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:15 AM
Unlike yourselves, who seem to be confined mainly to really credible sites like Stink Progress, we look at a lot of stuff.

You should try it some time. It could make a real difference in the currently dismal quality of your posting here.

We'll help you with the big words.

I'd say give it them in pictures, but I don't that's not even simple enough. :-D

jillian
08-06-2013, 09:30 AM

it must annoy them

Ravi
08-06-2013, 09:31 AM
it must annoy them

I think it gives them ulcers and makes them gnash their teeth. Watching them demonize black people and hispanics is somewhat entertaining, though.

Mainecoons
08-06-2013, 09:34 AM
An improving economy. That's good, Marie. Maybe you should ask Bill Maher for a job.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KeYjkzmJbGA/UR2b90ZoJSI/AAAAAAAAU34/TvJmtSJVFdk/s400/Income+Distribution+in+the+Recovery.png

From 2009 to 2011, average real income per family grew modestly by 1.7% but the gains were very uneven. Top 1% incomes grew by 11.2% while bottom 99% incomes shrunk by 0.4%. Hence, the top 1% captured 121% of the income gains in the first two years of the recovery.

From 2009 to 2010, top 1% grew fast and then stagnated from 2010 to 2011. Bottom 99% stagnated both from 2009 to 2010 and from 2010 to 2011. In 2012, top 1% income will likely surge, due to booming stock-prices, as well as re-timing of income to avoid the higher 2013 top tax rates. Bottom 99% will likely grow much more modestly than top 1% incomes from 2011 to 2012.
Read more at http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/02/top-1-received-121-of-income-gains.html#xFLzSPQAKeK3PSEw.99

You do have a point though. Those Obama policies have been GREAT for the one percenters. Hell, I have been quoting an earlier source that said they got 92 percent of all income games since Obama showed up. I was way too low, they've actually taken even more of the income of the rapidly evaporating middle class.

The ObamaWorld: A brave new future where the rich basically have everything and everyone else has a part time McJob.

patrickt
08-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Ah, yes, the improving economy with part-time jobs and high unemployment. The Democrats can't run on their record, they can't run of economic policies, they can't run on foreign policy so it's down to the race war and the class war. That's all they have and that's all they're preparing to run on.

Of course, they can run on Obamacare, the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, support for election fraud, and, oh, right, race and class wars.

It is nice that liberal can get together, lie to each other, and feel positive. It's rather like a dysfunctional AA meeting.

Mister D
08-06-2013, 09:38 AM
it must annoy them

Your ridiculous rhetoric? No, I just laugh at it. Extremist! Racist! Anti-Semite! Wingers! Nutters! Oh my! :grin:

Mainecoons
08-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Notice that the best record was compiled under the Clinton/Republican years. And the worse since Barry got elected. Someone other than the congenital partisan hacks here wouldn't have a lot of trouble figuring this one out. For them, though, it really is hopeless.

Hey nic, do you need my help in looking up that big word, "shrunk?"

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:43 AM
it must annoy them

What's annoying is you all libs celebrating the slowest recovery in our history. You all seem blind to that. It's like getting a child having a tantrum to listen.

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:43 AM
I think it gives them ulcers and makes them gnash their teeth. Watching them demonize black people and hispanics is somewhat entertaining, though.

And there we have the first playing of the race card. Thereby demonstrating the validity of the OP.

nic34
08-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Ah, yes, the improving economy with part-time jobs and high unemployment. The Democrats can't run on their record, they can't run of economic policies, they can't run on foreign policy so it's down to the race war and the class war. That's all they have and that's all they're preparing to run on.

Of course, they can run on Obamacare, the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, support for election fraud, and, oh, right, race and class wars.

It is nice that liberal can get together, lie to each other, and feel positive. It's rather like a dysfunctional AA meeting.

Ah, yes, the usual blaming the slow economy on the dems and Obama when we all know the "tanking" began on the republican watch in 2008..... and the slow recovery that republican obstruction has caused in congress. (40 repeal attempts? Really?)

Conservatives have become so insecure that they now have to stoop to passing voter suppression laws because they know they have lost the debate with the majority of the American people.

Yet here the repubs are accusing dems of using the "race card" while they trot out the likes of Marco Rubio as their "diversity" candidate, hoping he does better that Hermie Cain and Bobby Jindal. Maybe you all can go back and ask Sarah to run.... maybe..... if you ask nice.....

ROTFLMAO!

jillian
08-06-2013, 10:50 AM
Ah, yes, the usual blaming the slow economy on the dems and Obama when we all know the "tanking" began on the republican watch in 2008..... and the slow recovery that republican obstruction has caused in congress. (40 repeal attempts? Really?)

Conservatives have become so insecure that they now have to stoop to passing voter suppression laws because they know they have lost the debate with the majority of the American people.

Yet here the repubs are accusing dems of using the "race card" while they trot out the likes of Marco Rubio as their "diversity" candidate, hoping he does better that Hermie Cain and Bobby Jindal. Maybe you all can go back and ask Sarah to run.... maybe..... if you ask nice.....

ROTFLMAO!

the tanking didn't begin on GOP watch... it began came to full flower on GOP watch. it's what they do whenever they get the economy... send us into recession.

Chris
08-06-2013, 10:51 AM

ROTFLMAO!

Nic, you're right, Bush owns the recession, but Obama owns the slow recovery. But you go ahead with the predictable blame game. Dems have nothing to show, so cover it up.

roadmaster
08-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Herman Cain and Bobby Jindal. What does race have to do with these men?

nic34
08-06-2013, 10:53 AM
But you go ahead with the predictable blame game.

Hey, just going along with the other side......

Chris
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey, just going along with the other side......

Actually, nic, you're just going along with your side.

Singularity
08-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Yes, because we all know none of these arguments will hold any water:

* Half of a Congress which has consistently posted the lowest approval
ratings in modern history (http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx) is dominated by Republicans. The Congress overall
is the most unproductive of the modern era. We have had no budget for years.
We've had multiple instances where the basic responsibilities of the Congress
to keep the government's lights on have been threatened.

* Republicans won't pass an immigration reform bill that was heavily
adapted to address their concerns, or even pass an alternative. They've
voted in the House (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/steve-king-amendment-deport_n_3397126.html) to attack "illegal" immigrants who were
too young to be held responsible for violating the law at the time they arrived,
and but for their "papers," are as American as you or me.

* Key Republican leaders are under assault (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/03/fancy-farm-matt-bevin-kentucky_n_3701863.html) from the left and right even in
states where their re-election would ordinarily be a foregone conclusion.

* Republicans have wasted tens of millions of dollars on hopeless efforts
to repeal Obamacare, and if they were successful, the Congressional
Budget Office estimates that the deficit would grow by $105 billion (http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/healthcare/299895-cbo-obamacare-repeal-will-increase-the-deficit).

* Republican refusal to negotiate (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/us/politics/house-republicans-cheer-boehners-refusal-to-negotiate-on-cuts.html?_r=0)on any kind of revenue increase, even in
the form of loophole closures for corporations which otherwise should be
paying an unadjusted tax rate, is a primary cause of the sequester.

* Republican threats to close the government and ignore the country's sovereign
debt in order to force their policy through when they don't have the votes is
unprecedented and irresponsible. It's caused a great amount of distrust, fear,
and uncertainty about the effectiveness of American government. The stated reason
for this behavior on the part of the GOP is steadily becoming irrelevant (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-06/deficit-shrinks-to-5-7-of-gdp-as-debt-ceiling-no-vote-risks-all.html).

* Republicans promised (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/republicans-south-voting-rights-act-supreme-court.php) to address voting rights reform after the Supreme Court
invalidated key provisions of the 1964 VRA. No bill has yet been considered for this.

* The nation's infrastructure is crumbling (http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/penny-lee/2013/07/31/republican-infrastructure-intransigence-strikes-again). Despite multiple invitations from the Senate
and the White House, the House of Representatives has considered no bill to fund
any national infrastructure repair or improvement effort. The United States overall remains
well behind the world in the advancement and maintenance of national infrastructure.

It goes on and on... this thread is a complete racial-hypertension circle jerk.

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 11:14 AM
it must annoy them

So what is the best part of this recovering economy for you?

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 11:17 AM

OH you mean like all of those calling for the murder of the Hispanic Zimmerman? Oh! wait they are liberals?

I guess you will have to link to some things that are showing that the republicans are promoting the hate of minorities?

jillian
08-06-2013, 11:18 AM
So what is the best part of this recovering economy for you?

real estate values are up.

thanks for asking.

now ask me what the worst part about the obstructionist congress is....

answer: the sequester... because the nutters are screwing with everything else.

p.s. yes, i know the president agreed to the sequester. but that's because he was silly enough to think the wackos wouldn't want to crash the economy again.

silly, huh?

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 11:22 AM

ROTFLMAO!

So Nic what caused that tanking of the economy?

And Obama got nearly a trillion dollars to work on the economy. over a trillion if you count the bailout of the GM and Chrysler UAW unions!

How much more stimulis would it take to get the economy jump started?

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 11:25 AM

thanks for asking.

p.s. yes, i know the president agreed to the sequester. but that's because he was silly enough to think the wackos wouldn't want to crash the economy again.

silly, huh?

Real Estate values are up compared to what? the bottom of the market, but they have not returned to the point where they can help the middle class! But yes finally people like me have bought enough housing so that there are some needs for new housing! for those that are not looking at the national builders stocks, now is the time, in 6 months it will be too late!

As for the Sequester, it has been his greatest economic achievement to date? It is not slowing anything thing down, just the opposite!

Cigar
08-06-2013, 11:25 AM

What's in your wallet, liberals?

I say the GOP should Run with hat slogan for both 2014 and 2016 Elections. :wink:

Cigar
08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Real Estate values are up compared to what? the bottom of the market, but they have not returned to the point where they can help the middle class! But yes finally people like me have bought enough housing so that there are some needs for new housing! for those that are not looking at the national builders stocks, now is the time, in 6 months it will be too late!

As for the Sequester, it has been his greatest economic achievement to date? It is not slowing anything thing down, just the opposite!

That should help in his next Election ... Oh wait ... he's already won his final term as President of The United States.

Next stop; Retirement with Bush's and Clinton :grin:

Chris
08-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Yes, because we all know none of these arguments will hold any water:

* Half of a Congress which has consistently posted the lowest approval
ratings in modern history (http://www.gallup.com/poll/1600/congress-public.aspx) is dominated by Republicans. The Congress overall
is the most unproductive of the modern era. We have had no budget for years.
We've had multiple instances where the basic responsibilities of the Congress
to keep the government's lights on have been threatened.

* Republicans won't pass an immigration reform bill that was heavily
adapted to address their concerns, or even pass an alternative. They've
voted in the House (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/steve-king-amendment-deport_n_3397126.html) to attack "illegal" immigrants who were
too young to be held responsible for violating the law at the time they arrived,
and but for their "papers," are as American as you or me.

* Key Republican leaders are under assault (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/03/fancy-farm-matt-bevin-kentucky_n_3701863.html) from the left and right even in
states where their re-election would ordinarily be a foregone conclusion.

* Republicans have wasted tens of millions of dollars on hopeless efforts
to repeal Obamacare, and if they were successful, the Congressional
Budget Office estimates that the deficit would grow by $105 billion (http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/healthcare/299895-cbo-obamacare-repeal-will-increase-the-deficit).

* Republican refusal to negotiate (http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/us/politics/house-republicans-cheer-boehners-refusal-to-negotiate-on-cuts.html?_r=0)on any kind of revenue increase, even in
the form of loophole closures for corporations which otherwise should be
paying an unadjusted tax rate, is a primary cause of the sequester.

* Republican threats to close the government and ignore the country's sovereign
debt in order to force their policy through when they don't have the votes is
unprecedented and irresponsible. It's caused a great amount of distrust, fear,
and uncertainty about the effectiveness of American government. The stated reason
for this behavior on the part of the GOP is steadily becoming irrelevant (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-08-06/deficit-shrinks-to-5-7-of-gdp-as-debt-ceiling-no-vote-risks-all.html).

* Republicans promised (http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/republicans-south-voting-rights-act-supreme-court.php) to address voting rights reform after the Supreme Court
invalidated key provisions of the 1964 VRA. No bill has yet been considered for this.

* The nation's infrastructure is crumbling (http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/penny-lee/2013/07/31/republican-infrastructure-intransigence-strikes-again). Despite multiple invitations from the Senate
and the White House, the House of Representatives has considered no bill to fund
any national infrastructure repair or improvement effort. The United States overall remains
well behind the world in the advancement and maintenance of national infrastructure.

It goes on and on... this thread is a complete racial-hypertension circle jerk.

Nothing to say for Dems, you play the blame game. It's everyone else's fault. :blahblah:

Chris
08-06-2013, 11:51 AM

thanks for asking.

silly, huh?

Indeed, silly.

For example, besides cherry picked real estate in a larger economy slow to recover, what sequester? The sequester will cut future spending rates, not today's.

Agravan
08-06-2013, 11:58 AM

thanks for asking.

silly, huh?

The president didn't "agree" to the sequester. It was his brainchild.
Trying to rewrite history doesn't work here, jillian.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 12:01 PM

President Obama thought he was dealing with Adults and Legislators ... bad idea.

Agravan
08-06-2013, 12:08 PM
President Obama thought he was dealing with Adults and Legislators ... bad idea.
No, he thought no one would call his bluff. He was wrong.

Singularity
08-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Nothing to say for Dems, you play the blame game. It's everyone else's fault. :blahblah:You made the argument that Dems have nothing to run on besides the race card.

I beg to differ on that, and it's you that concentrated the topic on Democrats.

You're free to attempt a rebuttal at any time. Nothing other than your own laziness is stopping you.

Go on, give it a go. Show us you're here on this forum for reasons beyond hearing yourself talk.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 12:15 PM
No, he thought no one would call his bluff. He was wrong.

... and for your Next Trick; I'm sure you'll explain why the Republicans Called his Bluff. :grin:

nic34
08-06-2013, 12:16 PM
The Sequester Is a Republican-Inflicted WoundThe origin of this mess is absolutely clear. It was created by the Budget Control Act of 2011, the ransom Republican leaders received for agreeing to let the U.S. government pay its bills.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/03/04/the-sequester-is-a-republican-inflicted-wound/#ixzz2bD6GJpDv

Chris
08-06-2013, 12:17 PM

His brainchild until he reneged on it.

Chris
08-06-2013, 12:18 PM
The Sequester Is a Republican-Inflicted WoundThe origin of this mess is absolutely clear. It was created by the Budget Control Act of 2011, the ransom Republican leaders received for agreeing to let the U.S. government pay its bills.

Read more: http://swampland.time.com/2013/03/04/the-sequester-is-a-republican-inflicted-wound/#ixzz2bD6GJpDv

Right, except it was Obama's idea before he reneged.

Chris
08-06-2013, 12:20 PM

http://i.snag.gy/lk9ry.jpg

Bailouts of lenders and borrowers might create a new bubble.

nic34
08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Right, except it was Obama's idea before he reneged.

Right. Where the president actually tried to compromise.

Boy, was HE wrong.

Chris
08-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Right. Where the president actually tried to compromise.

Boy, was HE wrong.

You've got to be kidding, nic. Obama proposed a compromise of increasing taxes followed by sequestering by ~1.5% future increases in spending. He got his tax increase and then reneged on the sequester. That's just another example of the liberal lie.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 12:45 PM
Don't just love the way the Right spends Obstruction?

Chris
08-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Don't just love the way the Right spends Obstruction?

I love the way the left makes little sense. Spend obstruction?

nic34
08-06-2013, 01:00 PM
You've got to be kidding, nic. Obama proposed a compromise of increasing taxes followed by sequestering by ~1.5% future increases in spending. He got his tax increase and then reneged on the sequester. That's just another example of the liberal lie.

If you call paying the bills you already racked up "increases in spending" then you really don't get it.

But we already know shutting down the government is what you and the rest of the T-partay really want anyway.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 01:01 PM
If you call paying the bills you already racked up "increases in spending" then you really don't get it.

But we already know shutting down the government is what you and the rest of the T-partay really want anyway.

That's why the only way they will see the oval office is via photos. :wink:

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:06 PM

No, nic, that has nothing to do with the sequester.

And, no, nic, the Tea parties are for less taxes, smaller government and greater liberty.

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:07 PM
That's why the only way they will see the oval office is via photos. :wink:

Why, for rejecting liberal lies?

Cigar
08-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Why, for rejecting liberal lies?

Whatever they are doing, they should not change a thing. :laugh:

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Obama certainly hasn't changed a thing.

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Oh yes they should, they should stomp out the progressive wing of the party

Ravi
08-06-2013, 01:18 PM
You made the argument that Dems have nothing to run on besides the race card.

You're free to attempt a rebuttal at any time. Nothing other than your own laziness is stopping you.

Go on, give it a go. Show us you're here on this forum for reasons beyond hearing yourself talk.
ITA. Welcome to the forum.

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:28 PM
You made the argument that Dems have nothing to run on besides the race card.

And there you go again. You beg to differ but do nothing to substantiate the difference you beg, what Dems have done. Instead you try to shift the burden to me to rebut what, nothing, and attack me personally. Bark, no bite.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 01:30 PM

They are Free to start stomping ... anytime they want.

Let see how much want there is in talk.

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:31 PM
ITA. Welcome to the forum.

What are you agreeing with, singularity has said nothing other than to substantiate the OP theme.

Singularity
08-06-2013, 01:38 PM
And there you go again. You beg to differ but do nothing to substantiate the difference you beg, what Dems have done. Instead you try to shift the burden to me to rebut what, nothing, and attack me personally. Bark, no bite.I didn't attack you, I attacked your behavior. That's okay, any independent
observer will see right through your blatant failure to meet the standards
of basic argumentation. Someone already has. If you're comfortable with
that situation, good for you. I just can't say where that leaves you in terms
of your purpose here and exactly what you think you're getting out of this.

Chris
08-06-2013, 01:49 PM
I didn't attack you, I attacked your behavior. That's okay, any independent
observer will see right through your blatant failure to meet the standards
of basic argumentation. Someone already has. If you're comfortable with
that situation, good for you. I just can't say where that leaves you in terms
of your purpose here and exactly what you think you're getting out of this.

Even in your denial you're attacking me personally you attack me personally.

Thereby you again substantiate my argument for me.

I guess any bluster will do when no argument regarding Dems playing the race card specifically or playing the blame game generally instead of actually accomplishing something is at hand.

Common
08-06-2013, 01:49 PM

Zelmo its looking more and more like the moderate wing of the party is going to stomp the far right faction

Singularity
08-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Even in your denial you're attacking me personally you attack me personally.

Thereby you again substantiate my argument for me.

I guess any bluster will do when no argument regarding Dems playing the race card specifically or playing the blame game generally instead of actually accomplishing something is at hand.There is no attack on you anywhere in my posts.

If you behave like this, ranting on about a given topic
and then just blithely write off an honest response,
I've got a right to call you on it.

Stop acting like you're so thin-skinned. I know you've got
the gumption to give as good as you get.

Chris
08-06-2013, 02:05 PM
There is no attack on you anywhere in my posts.

If you behave like this, ranting on about a given topic
and then just blithely write off an honest response,
I've got a right to call you on it.

Stop acting like you're so thin-skinned. I know you've got
the gumption to give as good as you get.

And there you go again, like a broken record, personally attacking me in the same breath you deny it. Same broken record as the voter ID argument.

Thin skinned? LOL, I'm pointing out the obvious fact you blame me for your failure to come up with an argument for Democrat accomplishments. Why should your failure to argue bother me? --And that is the very topic you continue to substantiate. Thanks!

Singularity
08-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Zelmo its looking more and more like the moderate wing of the party is going to stomp the far right factionI'd say it's far from a done deal. You'll know by the final commitment
on immigration when it comes out of the House, one way or another, and if it
passes, what happens to John Boehner afterward. The crazies were dealt
a setback with the filibuster reform, no doubt. But they're far from done.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 02:29 PM
It has nothing to do with race ... and everything to do with Demographics

The GOP just refuses to get the point.

But that's ok, the GOP getting the point isn't a priority anymore.

Chris
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM
It has nothing to do with race ... and everything to do with Demographics

The GOP just refuses to get the point.

But that's ok, the GOP getting the point isn't a priority anymore.

Still no Dem accomplishments.

No one said it has to do with race, it has to do with race-card playing, racism, specifically, playing the blame game generally, instead of defending Dem accomplishments.

junie
08-06-2013, 02:41 PM
chris thinks if no one responds to his strawman OP with a list of reasons to vote dem, then the reasons to vote dem simply do not exist. :laugh:

Cigar
08-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Still no Dem accomplishments.

No one said it has to do with race, it has to do with race-card playing, racism, specifically, playing the blame game generally, instead of defending Dem accomplishments.

Do we need to list them ... again?

Most where in the first two years. :laugh:

Cigar
08-06-2013, 02:45 PM
chris thinks if no one responds to his strawman OP with a list of reasons to vote dem, then the reasons to vote dem simply do not exist. :laugh:

Oh brother ... :rollseyes:

Health Care for All Americans
Wall Street Reform
Avoiding another Great Depression
Saving a million jobs in the American auto industry
Expanding Medicaid
Eliminating Don't Ask Don't Tell
Marriage Equality
Expanding Children's Health
Environmental Reform
Expanding Labor Rights
Expanding Civil Liberties
Equal Pay for Equal Work
Killed OBL
Ended the Iraq War

junie
08-06-2013, 02:47 PM

^ that's called "chris logic 101" !!! :laugh:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/15163-Logic-101?p=338985&viewfull=1#post338985

Chris
08-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Making things up again, jun, doesn't that get tiresome?

Chris
08-06-2013, 02:48 PM
^ that's called "chris logic 101" !!! :laugh:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/15163-Logic-101?p=338985&viewfull=1#post338985

And now you're talking to yourself.

Chris
08-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Oh brother ... :rollseyes:

Health Care for All Americans
Wall Street Reform
Avoiding another Great Depression
Saving a million jobs in the American auto industry
Expanding Medicaid
Eliminating Don't Ask Don't Tell
Marriage Equality
Expanding Children's Health
Environmental Reform
Expanding Labor Rights
Expanding Civil Liberties
Equal Pay for Equal Work
Killed OBL
Ended the Iraq War

Obamacare not implemented yet
What reform?
The recession was Bush's, the slow recovery Obama's/
Bailing out the auto industry with our money?
Expanding Medicaid is an accomplishment?
Marriage Equality was the court.
Repeating
What reform?
What labor rights?
What liberties?
What equality?
Al Queda threat just closed numerous embassies
Iraq War still going

I commend you for naming things--despite jun's and other's inability, not all accomplishments though, not all clear, not all shown to be good. It's a discussion opened at least.

Cigar
08-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Obamacare not implemented yet
What reform?
The recession was Bush's, the slow recovery Obama's/
Bailing out the auto industry with our money?
Expanding Medicaid is an accomplishment?
Marriage Equality was the court.
Repeating
What reform?
What labor rights?
What liberties?
What equality?
Al Queda threat just closed numerous embassies
Iraq War still going

I commend you for naming things--despite jun's and other's inability, not all accomplishments though, not all clear, not all shown to be good. It's a discussion opened at least.

It's never been important that you agree, because we know that will never happen, just as long as progress is made.

Change has come to America

Cigar
08-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Here's a better question, what has Republicans done, other than tank their ratings and lose 2 Presidential Elections?

Chris
08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
It's never been important that you agree, because we know that will never happen, just as long as progress is made.

Change has come to America

So instead of engaging in discussion you cop out. Might as well return to accomplishments like Obama won. Whoopdeedoo.

Nor have you demonstrated change, let alone change for the better.

Chris
08-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Here's a better question, what has Republicans done, other than tank their ratings and lose 2 Presidential Elections?

Nothing. But remember, I'm not a Republican.

nic34
08-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Nothing. But remember, I'm not a Republican.

Then what are the t-party accomplishments?

Chris
08-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Then what are the t-party accomplishments?

Tea Parties are not a party, nic. But since you ask, we've rid the old GOP establishment of many big government cons and are responsible for much of nothing getting done. For example, the immigration bill was mentioned earlier, a bipartisan Gang of Eight 1000 page plus monstrosity no one has likely read, was rejected by Tea Party faction in the GOP.

nic34
08-06-2013, 03:20 PM
There you go folks...... handing another W/H victory to the democrats....

Ravi
08-06-2013, 03:36 PM

hahahaha! I think he just likes having hissy fits.

Ravi
08-06-2013, 03:38 PM

They've been negative and defeatist for several years now. Maybe forever. That's an awesome accomplishment.

Chris
08-06-2013, 04:06 PM
There you go folks...... handing another W/H victory to the democrats....

On the basis of absolutely nothing other than the race card in particular and the blame game in general.

Chris
08-06-2013, 04:07 PM
hahahaha! I think he just likes having hissy fits.

And you're back to your normal personal insults. Nothing to offer regarding Democrat accomplishments.

Chris
08-06-2013, 04:08 PM
They've been negative and defeatist for several years now. Maybe forever. That's an awesome accomplishment.

And there's the blame game again.

Ravi
08-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Dude, I encourage you to continue to play the race card. I don't particularly care what you or American Thinker think or feel. Nor do I feel a need to debunk an OP that is idiotic.

Chris
08-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Dude, I encourage you to continue to play the race card. I don't particularly care what you or American Thinker think or feel. Nor do I feel a need to debunk an OP that is idiotic.

Now I'm the Dude, lol.

I don't play the race card, that's lid like you.

If you don't care why contradict yourself by posting?

Matty
08-06-2013, 06:55 PM

junie
08-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Obama rejects 'socialist' label, urges bigger private role in housing market

“Private capital should take a bigger role in the mortgage market. I know that sounds confusing to folks who call me a socialist,” the president said. “But I actually believe in the free market.” (His prepared remarks had invoked “folks who call me a raging socialist every day.”)

And “our housing system should operate where there’s a limited government role, and private lending should be the backbone of the housing market. And that includes, by the way, community-based lenders who view their borrowers not just as a number, but as a neighbor,” Obama said.

The president railed against massive government bailouts like those of Fannie and Freddie, which reaped vast profits in the housing boom — then got taxpayer rescue packages when the bubble burst in 2008.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obama-to-urge-greater-private-capital-role-in-mortgage-markets-185037682.html

Chris
08-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Obama rejects 'socialist' label, urges bigger private role in housing market....

Uh, the thread is about Dems playing the race card in particular, playing the blame game in general, not whether Obama's a socialist or not--though if you'd start a new thread on that I'd be sure to jump in.

junie
08-06-2013, 07:13 PM
the point is that the race card is not ALL that they have! :D

Chris
08-06-2013, 07:19 PM

I suppose it fits within the blame game Dems play what with Obama blaming those who call him a socialist. And what the hell, the topic rule is not enforced.

It's true, he's not a socialist, he's a social democrat, the most insidious form of socialism. See, back in the 90s the socialists conceded they could not take ownership of capital, but realized they could manage it, use its wealth to promote socialist policies and agendas. Robert Reich in The Answer Isn't Socialism; It's Capitalism That Better Spreads the Benefits of the Productivity Revolution (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/the-answer-isnt-socialism_b_1491243.html) explains this very well: "We don't need socialism. We need a capitalism that works for the vast majority. The productivity revolution should be making our lives better -- not poorer and more insecure. And it will do that when we have the political will to spread its benefits."

I'm assuming you actually do want to discuss it.

Ravi
08-06-2013, 07:27 PM

I'm sorry it hasn't improved for you, hon. I really (knock on wood) haven't been hurt by the economy ever.

Ravi
08-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Not only is it not all they have, they don't even have it. Republicans thrive on the race card and negativity.

junie
08-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I suppose it fits within the blame game Dems play what with Obama blaming those who call him a socialist. And what the hell, the topic rule is not enforced.

It's true, he's not a socialist, he's a social democrat, the most insidious form of socialism. See, back in the 90s the socialists conceded they could not take ownership of capital, but realized they could manage it, use its wealth to promote socialist policies and agendas. Robert Reich in The Answer Isn't Socialism; It's Capitalism That Better Spreads the Benefits of the Productivity Revolution (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/the-answer-isnt-socialism_b_1491243.html) explains this very well: "We don't need socialism. We need a capitalism that works for the vast majority. The productivity revolution should be making our lives better -- not poorer and more insecure. And it will do that when we have the political will to spread its benefits."

I'm assuming you actually do want to discuss it.

robert reich is a smart guy...

Chris
08-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Not only is it not all they have, they don't even have it. Republicans thrive on the race card and negativity.

How many times have you posted in this thread without contributing a single Dem accomplishment but instead simply blaming Reps and thereby, like singularity, substantiating the OP's point.

Chris
08-06-2013, 07:36 PM
robert reich is a smart guy...

And that serves as discussion? And Reich is a socialist, or social democrat like Obama. So despite his doublespeak, Obama has not suddenly become a free-market capitalist.

Ravi
08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
How many times have you posted in this thread without contributing a single Dem accomplishment but instead simply blaming Reps and thereby, like singularity, substantiating the OP's point.
I guess you missed where I posted that the economy is improving. Why do you lie so much, chrissie?

Singularity
08-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Not only is it not all they have, they don't even have it. Republicans thrive on the race card and negativity.Eh, lately this stuff hasn't done them much good. Sure, negativity won
them 2010 and sustained them, more or less, in the last election,
but now John Boehner has no control of his caucus even on stuff the
House must do. Now, even some traditional Republican backers (like
the Chamber of Commerce (https://www.uschamber.com/sites/default/files/hill-letters/130731_Updated_Multiindustry_Comp-Immigration_House.pdf)) are starting to see through the smoke
the D.C. GOP so love to belch. They know it's a really just hot air.

junie
08-06-2013, 07:41 PM
And that serves as discussion? And Reich is a socialist, or social democrat like Obama. So despite his doublespeak, Obama has not suddenly become a free-market capitalist.

you are the one with the "double speak" as you claim he has a socialist agenda while quoting his sentiment directly to the contrary...

>

"See, back in the 90s the socialists conceded they could not take ownership of capital, but realized they could manage it, use its wealth to promote socialist policies and agendas. "

^ dishonest double speak

Robert Reich in The Answer Isn't Socialism; It's Capitalism That Better Spreads the Benefits of the Productivity Revolution (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/the-answer-isnt-socialism_b_1491243.html) explains this very well:

"We don't need socialism. We need a capitalism that works for the vast majority. The productivity revolution should be making our lives better -- not poorer and more insecure. And it will do that when we have the political will to spread its benefits."

Chris
08-06-2013, 07:55 PM
you are the one with the "double speak" as you claim he has a socialist agenda while quoting his sentiment directly to the contrary...

>

"See, back in the 90s the socialists conceded they could not take ownership of capital, but realized they could manage it, use its wealth to promote socialist policies and agendas. "

^ dishonest double speak

Robert Reich in The Answer Isn't Socialism; It's Capitalism That Better Spreads the Benefits of the Productivity Revolution (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-reich/the-answer-isnt-socialism_b_1491243.html) explains this very well:

"We don't need socialism. We need a capitalism that works for the vast majority. The productivity revolution should be making our lives better -- not poorer and more insecure. And it will do that when we have the political will to spread its benefits."

So you didn't understand a word I said, did you, or what Reich said--other than the shallow "a smart guy". Social democracy is the new socialism. Go re-read what I posted for comprehension rather than thoughtless reaction.

The doublespeak of Obama is he's using private capitalism for public agendas. Reich is at least honest about his socialist agenda.

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Zelmo its looking more and more like the moderate wing of the party is going to stomp the far right faction

That is a yes and NO, we really do not know what the Right wing was saying in the last election, because they were silenced by the IRS at least not given the ability to raise money!

But you may be right, I know that I for one do not see a path back to a conservative party accept through insolvency, and I am of the camp the sooner the better!

So I and many others in our TEA party group have resolved not to vote for moderates, and let the Dems win the elections

This is the fastest way to insolvency and then rebuilding of the nation with conservative values

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 08:00 PM

What planet do you live on again?

I can't think of a time that a Republican has accused a Democrat of being a Racist for discussion the issues.

Now to say that the Democrats are the party of Racism is in fact the truth, and they are still trying to keep people dependent, only now it is dependent on the government!

junie
08-06-2013, 08:02 PM
So you didn't understand a word I said, did you, or what Reich said--other than the shallow "a smart guy". Social democracy is the new socialism. Go re-read what I posted for comprehension rather than thoughtless reaction.

The doublespeak of Obama is he's using private capitalism for public agendas. Reich is at least honest about his socialist agenda.

of course i understood, but don't let that get in the way of your agenda... :wink:

Singularity
08-06-2013, 08:06 PM
What planet do you live on again?

I can't think of a time that a Republican has accused a Democrat of being a Racist for discussion the issues.

Now to say that the Democrats are the party of Racism is in fact the truth, and they are still trying to keep people dependent, only now it is dependent on the government!Then you're not paying attention.

Glenn Beck, (http://www.today.com/id/32197648/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/fox-news-host-says-obama-racist/#.UgGca5JOTRV) many times (http://mediamatters.org/research/2010/07/28/one-year-after-calling-obama-a-racist-beck-is-s/168358)

GOP Congressman (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/obama-presidency/congressman-ted-yoho-obamacare-sun-tanning-bed-tax-racist)

Rush Limbaugh (http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/rush-racism-worse-under-obama)

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Then you're not paying attention.

Glenn Beck, (http://www.today.com/id/32197648/ns/today-today_entertainment/t/fox-news-host-says-obama-racist/#.UgGca5JOTRV) many times (http://mediamatters.org/research/2010/07/28/one-year-after-calling-obama-a-racist-beck-is-s/168358)

GOP Congressman (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/politics/obama-presidency/congressman-ted-yoho-obamacare-sun-tanning-bed-tax-racist)

I have no idea of what you are talking about, My guys have talk radio on at the sites all the time and what I have heard is tapes of people calling them racist!

My favorite time was when GWB was trying to reform Fannie and Freddie and was called racist by the Congressional Black Caucus, Christopher I did know I got a 1% mortgage Dodd and Barney the Banking Queen Franks.

They were the ones that told us the sub prime thing was working out fine

http://elenaives.com/attempts-president-bush-reform-fannie-mae-freddie-mac/

But we forget what got us into this mess right?

I can't tell you how many times that I have been called racist on this forum? And never once by someone on the right!

Singularity
08-06-2013, 08:20 PM
I have no idea of what you are talking about, My guys have talk radio on at the sites all the time and what I have heard is tapes of people calling them racist!

My favorite time was when GWB was trying to reform Fannie and Freddie and was called racist by the Congressional Black Caucus, Christopher I did know I got a 1% mortgage Dodd and Barney the Banking Queen Franks.

They were the ones that told us the sub prime thing was working out fine

http://elenaives.com/attempts-president-bush-reform-fannie-mae-freddie-mac/

But we forget what got us into this mess right?

I can't tell you how many times that I have been called racist on this forum? And never once by someone on the right!My point is not that people on the left don't hurl baseless charges
of racism. They do, and except when the racism cannot be disputed
to be such (example (http://nbclatino.com/2013/07/23/iowas-rep-king-for-every-valedictorian-dreamer-100-are-hauling-marijuana-across-the-desert/)) without dishonesty as rotten as the words of
concern, they should be held to account for it. My point is that the
notion that Republicans are immune to these tactics is ridiculous.

My links there are to establish that it plainly is.

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:21 PM
of course i understood, but don't let that get in the way of your agenda... :wink:

You did? There's nothing in your posts so far to say you did. Your comments amount to Reich is a smart guy and I was dishonest without any substantiation.

Tell us, junie, since you claim to understand, what is socialism? Were Reich's "smart" words socialist or not? Do Obama's words not parallel Reich's? Show some understanding.

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Then you're not paying attention.

You're still blaming Reps for the problems of Dems. Hopefully you're not the type of liberal that does that to say two wrongs make a right. Great attempt to change the topic though.

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
My point is not that people on the left don't hurl baseless charges
of racism. They do, and except when the racism cannot be disputed
to be such (example (http://nbclatino.com/2013/07/23/iowas-rep-king-for-every-valedictorian-dreamer-100-are-hauling-marijuana-across-the-desert/)) without dishonesty as rotten as the words of
concern, they should be held to account for it. My point is that the
notion that Republicans are immune to these tactics is ridiculous.

My links there are to establish that it plainly is.

I guess I saw media matters and just stopped reading.

I have little trust in that organization. They do the some thing as Rush, take a bit of a statement and blow it out of proportion.

But I think that I can agree with everything that you have stated above.

You seem to be a real stand up guy! and that is something that I not only welcome but respect! Thank You

junie
08-06-2013, 08:28 PM
You did? There's nothing in your posts so far to say you did. Your comments amount to Reich is a smart guy and I was dishonest without any substantiation.

Tell us, junie, since you claim to understand, what is socialism? Were Reich's "smart" words socialist or not? Do Obama's words not parallel Reich's? Show some understanding.

pity you can't control what i post. does this mean you concede that the race card is not "all the dems have"? :laugh:

Singularity
08-06-2013, 08:29 PM
I guess I saw media matters and just stopped reading.

I have little trust in that organization. They do the some thing as Rush, take a bit of a statement and blow it out of proportion.

But I think that I can agree with everything that you have stated above.

You seem to be a real stand up guy! and that is something that I not only welcome but respect! Thank You
Fair enough on Media Matters, I really don't follow them,
they were just the top hit on Google. If you've got no quarrel
with what I've said beyond that, I'll consider this issue settled.
Good to see that there are at least a few level headed
conservatives on this forum.

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 08:30 PM
You're still blaming Reps for the problems of Dems. Hopefully you're not the type of liberal that does that to say two wrongs make a right. Great attempt to change the topic though.

I don't think he was trying to change the topic but to answer my post,

His links directly disproved a statement that I made. And he did it in a matter that proved that both sides have some issues with the race card!

So far I have a lot of respect for him, as he actually argues from substance, and not feelings or make believe as some of our liberal friends are prone to do!

I look forward to many challenging debates with him!

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:31 PM
pity you can't control what i post. does this mean you concede that the race card is not "all the dems have"? :laugh:

IOW, you haven't a clue what socialism is or how Reich is talking about socialist agendas and Obama while only a social democrat is doing the same.

If I controlled what you posted you would contribute something to the discussion.

does this mean you concede that the race card is not "all the dems have"?

The question is what have they accomplished. I conceded they've accomplished a lot of empty talk, your citation of Obama just another example.

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:33 PM
I don't think he was trying to change the topic but to answer my post,

His links directly disproved a statement that I made. And he did it in a matter that proved that both sides have some issues with the race card!

So far I have a lot of respect for him, as he actually argues from substance, and not feelings or make believe as some of our liberal friends are prone to do!

I look forward to many challenging debates with him!

Go ahead then.

BTW, can you point out where he has challenged the OP with actual Dem accomplishments? No.

zelmo1234
08-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Go ahead then.

BTW, can you point out where he has challenged the OP with actual Dem accomplishments? No.

No can't say that I have, but in that post, he was responding to me. and actually proved my point to be? well not exactly true!

I don't think it was directed at the OP, but to my statement. I was just trying to point that out!

junie
08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
IOW, you haven't a clue what socialism is or how Reich is talking about socialist agendas and Obama while only a social democrat is doing the same.

If I controlled what you posted you would contribute something to the discussion.

The question is what have they accomplished. I conceded they've accomplished a lot of empty talk, your citation of Obama just another example.

IOW you like to make things up to suit your agenda. :rollseyes:

Highlights In a very pointed essay (http://shoqvalue.com/short-list-of-progressive-achievements-by-the-obama-administration) about how wrong some libertarian-left bloggers can be, Booman Tribune (@booMan23) outlined a very good summary of just some of the major progressive achievements of the Obama administration.

Obama has overhauled the food safety system
Advanced women's rights in the work place
Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
Stopped defending DOMA in court.
Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
Invested in clean energy.
Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
He's done a lot for veterans
He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

None of these things were priorities for Republicans. They actively opposed, directly or indirectly through obstruction, every single item on this list. In fact, they succeeded in killing a Cap & Trade bill in the Senate after it had passed through the House.
All of these things are improvements that would not have occurred under a McCain-Palin administration. Moreover, a McCain-Palin administration would have moved in the other direction on most of these issues, or come up with even worse compromises.
Booman then concludes with:

The president has achieved a tremendous amount under the circumstances. And it matters greatly that he not be replaced by Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, or Michele Bachmann. Or even Ron Paul.
Of course, since that time…

He's killed Osama Bin Laden
Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
Ended the War in Iraq
Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

To fully understand the Stakes of the 2012 election, please read…

We all have a choice in the 2012 election. (http://www.democratsforprogress.com/2011/09/03/we-all-have-a-choice-in-the-2012-election/)

For much larger and more detailed list of achievements…

See our main list product from this site (not updated since November, 2010) (http://obamaachievements.org/list)

Notes on the coming update can be read on the ABOUT page of this site (http://obamaachievements.org/about)

For a much more recent list of achievements… Please see a few of these lists (which will soon be assimilated on the coming update (http://http://obamaachievements.org/about) of this site).

ThePeoplesView.com Achievements List (http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2011/09/so-that-ignorance-wont-be-reason-why.html)
Milt Shook’s Achievements List (PleaseCutTheCrap.com) (http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/main/what-has-obama-done-since-january-20-2009.html)

Other lists

WhatTheFuckHasObamaDoneSoFar.com (http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/)

Related Information

How Barack Obama Left John Boehner Holding the Teabag, Again. (http://www.thepeoplesview.net/2011/08/paul-krugman-is-political-rookie-or-how.html)

http://obamaachievements.org/

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:47 PM
IOW you like to make things up to suit your agenda. :rollseyes:

And what did I make up, jun? You certainly haven't shared your definition of socialism. And at that point you had yet to provide any Dem accomplishments.

So now you have like cigar a thin list of claims but undefended as accomplishments.

Take for instance "Invested in clean energy." Do you mean the crony capitalistic disaster Solyndra?

And by thin I also mean such vague statements as "He's done a lot for veterans."

Establish accomplishments, don't just make vague gestures.

junie
08-06-2013, 08:51 PM
"The 'race card' is all that the Democrats have in 2014" ===> :loco:

Obama So Far: Making History, Inspiring An Opposition

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/01/20/169733928/obama-so-far-making-history-inspiring-an-opposition

Chris
08-06-2013, 08:53 PM
"The 'race card' is all that the Democrats have in 2014" ===> :loco:

Establish accomplishments, don't just make vague gestures.

We can go in circle if you insist, but repeating an action and expecting a different result is the definition of http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/loco.gif.

junie
08-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Obama to push for housing reform of mortgage giants Published: Monday, 5 Aug 2013 | 8:00 PM ET

President Barack Obama will use Phoenix as a backdrop to tout his administration's accomplishments in the housing recovery and to admit that more work needs to be done, according to a White House release.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100940811

Obama will also call for reform of mortgage giants Fannie Mae (http://www.cnbc.com/id/100940811) and Freddie Mac (http://www.cnbc.com/id/100940811), which, while now highly profitable, are still blamed for much of the foreclosure crisis.

While not backing a specific proposal on Capitol Hill, and there are many, the president does believe there is "a limited and targeted role for a catastrophic guarantee" for the mortgage market, according to one senior administration official.

(Read more: Homeownership is still a dream, if not a reality right now (http://www.cnbc.com/id/46857026))

A bill in the Senate backed by Sens. Corker and Warner generally matches the principles for mortgage reform that the president will lay out in his speech.

Like Lincoln, Obama as president-elect found himself thrust into a great national crisis even before his presidency officially began. The Great Recession was in full sway by January 2009, destroying 500,000 jobs the very month he entered office. While it's easy to forget now, the fear of a depression was vivid then.

Enter Obama's much ballyhooed and much derided $900-billion-plus economic stimulus, which was on the drawing boards in the weeks between his election and his inauguration. Many partisans may still debate whether it was the lance that slayed the recession dragon or splintered ineffectually against it.

The consensus of economists who study these things using abstruse mathematical equations, however, is that the stimulus was the difference between a painfully slow recovery and Great Depression II, the sequel.

"We ought to remember how bad the situation was there because the economy was just falling off a cliff," said Alan Blinder, a Princeton University economics professor and a former vice chairman of the Federal Reserve.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2013/01/20/169733928/obama-so-far-making-history-inspiring-an-opposition

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Obama to push for housing reform of mortgage giants Published: Monday, 5 Aug 2013 | 8:00 PM ET

President Barack Obama will use Phoenix as a backdrop to tout his administration's accomplishments in the housing recovery and to admit that more work needs to be done, according to a White House release.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100940811

Obama will also call for reform of mortgage giants Fannie Mae (http://www.cnbc.com/id/100940811) and Freddie Mac (http://www.cnbc.com/id/100940811), which, while now highly profitable, are still blamed for much of the foreclosure crisis.

While not backing a specific proposal on Capitol Hill, and there are many, the president does believe there is "a limited and targeted role for a catastrophic guarantee" for the mortgage market, according to one senior administration official.

(Read more: Homeownership is still a dream, if not a reality right now (http://www.cnbc.com/id/46857026))

A bill in the Senate backed by Sens. Corker and Warner generally matches the principles for mortgage reform that the president will lay out in his speech.

"Obama to push". "A bill in the Senate". That's the future, Junie, not an accomplishment.

junie
08-06-2013, 09:06 PM
"Obama to push". "A bill in the Senate". That's the future, Junie, not an accomplishment.

you really should get a grip and stop with the control freak insanity. :laugh:

The-race-card-is-all-that-the-Democrats-have-in-2014?

junie
08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Elizabeth Warren Hits Big Banks Where It Hurts, New Bill Would Restore Glass-Steagall
Hey banks, if you thought those additional (http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2013/07/09/big-banks-warn-regulators-tougher-capital-rules-will-hurt-everyone/) capital requirements earlier this week were painful take a look at the new bill Senator Elizabeth Warren (http://www.forbes.com/profile/elizabeth-warren/) filed today.

The 21st Century Glass Steagall Act would break up big banks by separating traditional retail banking (checking, savings) from riskier banking activities including swaps dealing and private equity and hedge fund activity.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtouryalai/2013/07/11/elizabeth-warren-hits-big-banks-where-it-hurts-new-bill-would-restore-glass-steagall/

junie
08-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Triumph For Equal Protection:

In a statement, Attorney General Eric Holder said the court's decision on DOMA is an "enormous triumph for equal protection under the law for all Americans."

"The Court's ruling gives real meaning to the Constitution's promise of equal protection to all members of our society, regardless of sexual orientation," Holder said. The ruling impacts a "broad array of federal laws," Holder added, saying the Justice Department will begin working to implement it.

'Discrimination Enshrined In Law':

In a statement, President Obama praised today's Supreme Court decision on DOMA, which he said was "discrimination enshrined in law." He called the ruling invalidating the legislation "a victory for couples who have long fought for equal treatment under the law."

The president added:

"We welcome today's decision, and I've directed the Attorney General to work with other members of my Cabinet to review all relevant federal statutes to ensure this decision, including its implications for Federal benefits and obligations, is implemented swiftly and smoothly.

"On an issue as sensitive as this, knowing that Americans hold a wide range of views based on deeply held beliefs, maintaining our nation's commitment to religious freedom is also vital. How religious institutions define and consecrate marriage has always been up to those institutions. Nothing about this decision – which applies only to civil marriages — changes that."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/06/26/195857796/supreme-court-strikes-down-defense-of-marriage-act

Chris
08-06-2013, 09:13 PM
"New Bill Would"

Wishful thinking is not an accomplishment.

junie
08-06-2013, 09:30 PM
"New Bill Would"

Wishful thinking is not an accomplishment.

you mean to say that's something else that the Democrats have to push for in 2014? :laugh:

do you consider the supposed race card an accomplishment???

The leg-numbing filibuster (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/f/filibusters_and_debate_curbs/index.html?inline=nyt-classifier) by Wendy Davis, a Fort Worth Democrat — in which she stood and talked for more than 11 hours at the Capitol here, never sitting, eating, drinking or even using the bathroom to help block passage of an anti-abortion bill supported by the state’s top Republicans — was not the longest such marathon, by Texas standards.

But it didn’t matter.

Her feat of stamina and conviction gained thousands of Twitter followers in a matter of hours. Pictures of the sneakers she wore beneath her dress zoomed across computer and television screens. The press corps demanded to know her shoe brand. (Mizuno, it turned out.) Hundreds of men, women and children waited for hours at the Capitol to sit in an upstairs gallery and watch her in action, standing in lines that snaked around the rotunda. Even President Obama noticed, posting a Twitter message on Tuesday that read, “Something special is happening in Austin tonight.”

Ms. Davis, 50, has known long odds and, for Democrats, was the perfect symbol in a fight over what a woman can do. She was a teenager when her first child was born, but managed as a single mother to pull herself from a trailer park to Harvard Law School to a hard-fought seat in the Texas Senate, a rare liberal representing conservative Tarrant County. According to Mark P. Jones, a political science professor at Rice University in Houston, she had the second-most liberal voting record in the Senate in 2011.

“We have a State Capitol that is made up of people, for the most part, who are elected by Anglo communities, suburban and rural, and they are the majority voice in the Capitol, although they aren’t reflective of the majority of the state of Texas,” she said in a previous interview.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/us/politics/texas-abortion-bill.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/us/politics/celebrated-texas-state-senator-says-bid-for-governor-is-possible.html?_r=0

Chris
08-06-2013, 10:00 PM
you really should get a grip and stop with the control freak insanity. :laugh:

The-race-card-is-all-that-the-Democrats-have-in-2014?

Ad hom is about all your response is worth.

Chris
08-06-2013, 10:03 PM
you mean to say that's something else that the Democrats have to push for in 2014? :laugh:

do you consider the supposed race card an accomplishment???

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/06/us/politics/celebrated-texas-state-senator-says-bid-for-governor-is-possible.html?_r=0

Pushing for something is not accomplishing something.

Playing the race card is something Dems/Libs seem quite accomplished at. That and playing the blame game.

lynn
08-06-2013, 10:33 PM
One of the slowest recoveries in our history. Why do you think Obama's announcing trickle out?

To be fair here, the economy would have seen the recession continue after 9/11 but our government did not want what happened on 9/11 as proof that they destroyed our economy and they also wanted to hide the fact that manufacturing moving overseas was hurting us. That is why they told the mortgage companies to loosen up and give loans to people that should never have qualified for them in the first place. Construction jobs rapidly increased along with all of the occupations that benefited from the housing boom. Businesses thought that the economy was doing well since many believe that when people are buying homes they have extra money so businesses got loans to expand but it was all an illusion.

Since the economy was propped up so high and many people were employed, when the bubble burst the fallout came under Obama. We are going to experience a very slow recovery if we can recover no matter who is President. Democrats and Republicans work for one government system so they are all to blame for the circumstances that have lead the economy of where it is today.

It is the government system that is destroying the U.S., the President is just a puppet and if you haven't learned by now, he is limited in his power to change things. The mandate was already intended to take place well before Obama took office but for the public record it had to show the mandate belonged to him.

If the public wants to be heard and want changes to happen they have to hire and pay a lobbyist so their voices get heard. This cost big bucks and that is why the game is limited to big corporations and special interest groups that get new laws or changes to existing laws happen.

junie
08-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Ad hom is about all your response is worth.

your attempt at browbeating me for a definition of socialism while calling me shallow was worth ever so much!

psst notice the matching blue highlights which clearly demonstrate your obvious confusion concerning your own OP! :laughing4:

junie
08-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Pushing for something is not accomplishing something.

Playing the race card is something Dems/Libs seem quite accomplished at. That and playing the blame game.

ever the master of the obvious. yawn.

yes, in 2014 democrats will be running for office in order to accomplish some things...

pity your OP fails at "playing the race card", eh? :thumbsup:

Chris
08-06-2013, 10:55 PM
To be fair here, the economy would have seen the recession continue after 9/11 but our government did not want what happened on 9/11 as proof that they destroyed our economy and they also wanted to hide the fact that manufacturing moving overseas was hurting us. That is why they told the mortgage companies to loosen up and give loans to people that should never have qualified for them in the first place. Construction jobs rapidly increased along with all of the occupations that benefited from the housing boom. Businesses thought that the economy was doing well since many believe that when people are buying homes they have extra money so businesses got loans to expand but it was all an illusion.

Since the economy was propped up so high and many people were employed, when the bubble burst the fallout came under Obama. We are going to experience a very slow recovery if we can recover no matter who is President. Democrats and Republicans work for one government system so they are all to blame for the circumstances that have lead the economy of where it is today.

It is the government system that is destroying the U.S., the President is just a puppet and if you haven't learned by now, he is limited in his power to change things. The mandate was already intended to take place well before Obama took office but for the public record it had to show the mandate belonged to him.

If the public wants to be heard and want changes to happen they have to hire and pay a lobbyist so their voices get heard. This cost big bucks and that is why the game is limited to big corporations and special interest groups that get new laws or changes to existing laws happen.

Good analysis.

"It is the government system that is destroying the U.S., the President is just a puppet..."

Agree.

Chris
08-06-2013, 11:01 PM
your attempt at browbeating me for a definition of socialism while calling me shallow was worth ever so much!

psst notice the matching blue highlights which clearly demonstrate your obvious confusion concerning your own OP! :laughing4:

Ever the victim.

You said you understood and I asked you several questions to see if you did. Asking you questions is browbeating? Or is it so because you don't know?

Ever the victim.

I didn't call you shallow, I called what you posted shallow. Are you a post?

Facts don't speak for themselves, junie. You need to do the speaking. You could start by answering my questions about socialism, Reich and Obama.

Chris
08-06-2013, 11:05 PM
ever the master of the obvious. yawn.

yes, in 2014 democrats will be running for office in order to accomplish some things...

pity your OP fails at "playing the race card", eh? :thumbsup:

"yes, in 2014 democrats will be running for office in order to accomplish some things... "

The OP's point is Dems got nothing to run on. No accomplishments. Just promises.

Let's put it this way, the Dems suffer the Obama syndrome--empty suited, empty chaired rhetoric but no record.

It ought to be obvious.

Mainecoons
08-07-2013, 07:25 AM
That's not true, Chris. Every day now, we have new Obama accomplishments. Look at his brave reaction to an alleged Al Qaeda phone call. Look what ObamaCare is accomplishing:

OBAMACARE MONTHS BEHIND TESTING DATA SECURITY... (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/06/us-usa-healthcare-security-idUSBRE9750YH20130806)

Cost of health care to rise 72% in Indiana... (http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/06/news/economy/obamacare-premiums/index.html)

Do you realize that without Obama, we would have far fewer McJobs? Without ObamaNomics, the rich wouldn't have taken over 100 percent of the income gains?

Cigar
08-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Two Mouths and Obamacare is implemented .... :grin:

Be Afraid :laugh:

Chris
08-07-2013, 08:21 AM
That's not true, Chris. Every day now, we have new Obama accomplishments. Look at his brave reaction to an alleged Al Qaeda phone call. Look what ObamaCare is accomplishing:

OBAMACARE MONTHS BEHIND TESTING DATA SECURITY... (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/06/us-usa-healthcare-security-idUSBRE9750YH20130806)

Cost of health care to rise 72% in Indiana... (http://money.cnn.com/2013/08/06/news/economy/obamacare-premiums/index.html)

Do you realize that without Obama, we would have far fewer McJobs? Without ObamaNomics, the rich wouldn't have taken over 100 percent of the income gains?

The problem I see with Obama is he talks and promises and gives his fellow travelers hope for change, but nothing ever really comes of it, he tires of it, the people tire of it, so he comes out with new talk and promises and hope.

Chris
08-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Two Mouths and Obamacare is implemented .... :grin:

Be Afraid :laugh:

Right, shivering in my boots. LOL.

I will give you and junie credit inasmuch as you both did respond to the OP challenge and try to name other accomplishments or promised ones. I can't knock them all down, so will concede, playing the race card, and playing the blame game, are not the only cards in the Dem deck.

junie
08-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Ever the victim.

You said you understood and I asked you several questions to see if you did. Asking you questions is browbeating? Or is it so because you don't know?

Ever the victim.

I didn't call you shallow, I called what you posted shallow. Are you a post?

Facts don't speak for themselves, junie. You need to do the speaking. You could start by answering my questions about socialism, Reich and Obama.

lol no i am not required to post to your demands and despite your delusions, you don't have a clue what i know...

you can try to demand that posters bark like a seal and jump thru your tedious hoops just to prove what they 'know', and i will continue to scoff at your victim act.

your failed OP asserts that the dems supposedly only have the 'race card' to run on in 2014, and that is what i am responding to.

the facts DO speak for themselves! politicians run on accomplishments and they also run on goals they wish to accomplish...

Everyone has one of ʻthoseʼ kinds of friends, either on the left or the right - people who keep complaining that no matter what President Obama has done, they still don't seem to believe he's done anything at all. Now, thanks to the hard-working and talented team at one of our favorite sources, Washington Monthly, there's a list of President Obama's Top 50 accomplishments (http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/march_april_2012/features/obamas_top_50_accomplishments035755.php) you can helpfully show to the doubters.

junie
08-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Right, shivering in my boots. LOL.

I will give you and junie credit inasmuch as you both did respond to the OP challenge and try to name other accomplishments or promised ones. I can't knock them all down, so will concede, playing the race card, and playing the blame game, are not the only cards in the Dem deck.

oh gee that's awful big of you...do i get a gold star or at least a tasty herring or something..?

Chris
08-07-2013, 08:59 AM
lol no i am not required to post to your demands and despite your delusions, you don't have a clue what i know...

you can try to demand that posters bark like a seal and jump thru your tedious hoops just to prove what they 'know', and i will continue to scoff at your victim act.

your failed OP asserts that the dems supposedly only have the 'race card' to run on in 2014, and that is what i am responding to.

the facts DO speak for themselves! politicians run on accomplishments and they also run on goals they wish to accomplish...

Uh, I asked you a question you cannot seem to answer. Nice personal attack though.

i will continue to scoff at your victim act.

As demonstrated here: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/15331-The-race-card-is-all-that-the-Democrats-have-in-2014?p=342690&viewfull=1#post342690, you're the one playing victim, and again in this post, all the while you engage in personal attacks.

So far your posts have amounted to Reich is smart, I'm dishonest, playing victim, personal attacks, and confusing promises as accomplishments.

Chris
08-07-2013, 09:01 AM
oh gee that's awful big of you...do i get a gold star or at least a tasty herring or something..?

Hoist your own petard much? I concede and congratulate you and you still act like a....seal.

Singularity
08-07-2013, 09:15 AM
OBAMACARE MONTHS BEHIND TESTING DATA SECURITY... (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/06/us-usa-healthcare-security-idUSBRE9750YH20130806)Reuters' quoted independent expert describes any delay in the
system's activation as a result of this issue to
be a "worst case scenario." I'm shocked you would default
to that situation in believing what's going to happen. Shocked.

Again, from your article: "That's because these people live
in states where insurers were allowed to sell bare-bones
plans and exclude the sick, which has kept costs down."

Hey, that sounds awfully familiar... Oh wait, the GOP has
always, as they are proud to admit (http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/286461-gop-leaders-push-obama-on-pre-existing-conditions-plan), supported new
reforms to help out people with pre-existing conditions.

*Game show host grin* But wait, there's more!

"All of these rate hikes must still be reviewed by the
federal government and do not take into account
the fact that Americans with incomes up to
$45,960 for an individual and $94,200 for a family
of four will be eiligible for federal subsidies (http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/23/news/economy/obamacare-subsidies/index.html?iid=EL)."

Still from your source...

"A lot of people will get more for their money,"
said Sarah Lueck, senior analyst for the Center
on Budget and Policy Priorities. "Even people
paying a higher rate will benefit. It will be a
big change in most states."

Just because you don't read or don't acknowledge
the content of articles beyond the headline, doesn't
mean that this stuff isn't important.

Do you realize that without Obama, we would have far fewer McJobs?Such a supposition is hopefully referring to some GOP
jobs bill that I don't know about, which presumably
if passed has been graded to improve that situation?

Without ObamaNomics, the rich wouldn't have taken over 100 percent of the income gains?
You know that's been happening for several decades, right?

Here, I'll use the source your source just referred to:

Chris
08-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Reuters' quoted independent expert describes any delay in the

always, as they are proud to admit (http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-reform-implementation/286461-gop-leaders-push-obama-on-pre-existing-conditions-plan), supported new

of four will be eiligible for federal subsidies (http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/23/news/economy/obamacare-subsidies/index.html?iid=EL)."

Such a supposition is hopefully referring to some GOP

Wrong thread. Here: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/15360-This-Morning-s-ObamaCare-News

Singularity
08-07-2013, 09:21 AM
Wrong thread.Then report me, hypocrite. Mainecoons' post about
Obamacare has been up for hours, and you didn't
so much as blink. I'm allowed to post a refutation.

Chris
08-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Then report me, hypocrite. Mainecoons' post about
Obamacare has been up for hours, and you didn't
so much as blink. I'm allowed to post a refutation.

I was trying to help you out, direct you to the right thread, but if all you're going to do is continue to attack me personally, fugetaboutit.

Chris
08-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Back to Junie: Here, just for you: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/15387-A-History-of-Scoialism?p=343087#post343087. Read it, learn something.

junie
08-07-2013, 03:08 PM
Back to Junie: Here, just for you: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/15387-A-History-of-Scoialism?p=343087#post343087. Read it, learn something.

insulting others' intelligence makes you feel wicked smaaaht, huh? :laughing4:

nic34
08-07-2013, 03:17 PM

American Spectator's slant is smart?
:rollseyes:

junie
08-07-2013, 03:24 PM
American Spectator's slant is smart?
:rollseyes:

lol do you really think i even bothered to jump through that hoop and look...? :D

Chris
08-07-2013, 03:26 PM

Sorry your intelligence is so easily insulted. :dang:

Bother to read it?

Mainecoons
08-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Reuters' quoted independent expert describes any delay in the

Such a supposition is hopefully referring to some GOP

From last to first: You know what has been happening since Obama took office, right? The one percent are now taking 120 percent of income gains, double that during Bush. I posted the citation on that and I know you saw it.

Just curious, do you have a clue where those subsidies are going to come from? More printed money? Is that what you teach at the "university" that you can just print money forever and there will be no day of reckoning? BTW, now that there will be no verification of eligibility of people asking for those subsidies, what do you think will be the result? Go ask an economics professor.

Do young people really need "more" health insurance or do they really need good catastrophic care and more money in their pockets? I'd say the latter, especially when I look at your graph which very tellingly left out how nicely the one percent have made out under Barack Obama. Surveys on this topic, which I've also posted here, indicate that they strongly want the latter and, faced with big increases in insurance, just will elect to pay the penalties. Just as has happened with MassCare, the prototype for this 2000 page disaster.

We don't have to debate this impending ObamaCare train wreck endlessly. We can just sit around and watch it happen in real time. Even as Obama rewrites his own law and imposes one delay or exception after another. Like pissing into the wind.

By then, I suspect you'll be long gone with your tail between your legs.

Chris
08-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Printing money, a Keynesian fantasy to fix the economy, only cheapens money. The more you print the less it's worth.

Peter1469
08-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Inflation calculator. (http://www.bls.gov/data/inflation_calculator.htm)