PDA

View Full Version : Iowa and The Republican Caucus'.....

MMC
01-02-2012, 08:00 AM
A Des Moines Register poll released Saturday showed Romney and Paul locked in a close race, with Santorum rising swiftly to challenge them.

NBC/Marist poll last week showed nearly even percentages of Iowa caucus-goers want a candidate who shares their values as want a candidate who can beat Obama.

Romney planned a series of Monday rallies in cities across the eastern part of the state, areas he won in 2008. He also plans rallies aimed at earning local media coverage in Dubuque, Cedar Rapids and Des Moines.
Romney has been counting on a multi-candidate field splintering that vote to allow him to win, largely with the 25 percent of voters who backed him in 2008. Romney's central argument as he looks to win in Iowa: that he's the Republican best able to beat President Barack Obama.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann, all trailing, were looking to make final pitches in campaign stops Monday.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-looks-fend-off-santorum-paul-083104937.html

Yes this was Romney's plan all along for Iowa hoping that the state would split the Contenders. Because in the beginning Romney was even announcing that he was not going to spend to much time in Iowa. But once again the Media started influencing the issues so he was forced to head back in. Especially after Perry jumped in and Gingrich.

Once again the media is hyping it all out over Santorum's Surge. The real truth is since Bachmann, Perry and Gingrich have nose-dived. They have been losing support. Those supporters have been running to the other viable candidates. Yet MS Media will give all this hoopla on how Santorum is surging in the polls. That people are really starting to take a look at him. It is bullshit.

Santorum has been telling people to vote for whom they know. Well most of the entire country knows nothing about him. He does not have the money nor the organization to keep going forward. Nor does he have the Appeal. So why should we allow those that cannot maintain the run to stay in the race?

Gingrich runs around telling this country he has solutions. So do a host of people. Some not even running for political offices. Doesnt mean just because you have ideas that this gives you the credibility to run for the Presidency. Nor just because one was Speaker of the House.

Perry has money to continue but he is joke and like Bachmann. Both are the least knowledgeable when it concerns most issues in this country. Both are former Democrats and both like to spend. Both are dividers and not uniters. Both have Demonstrated they are unable to Lead even when put in a position to do so. Both are toast and have wasted the American People's Time!

One other thing.....Iowa should no longer Lead the Nation when it comes to Presidential Elections. There is nothing special about Iowa. Message to the Iowans. Don't look like the rest of the Country is knocking on your doors or breaking them down to become part of you. So STFU and take a back seat in the bus.....way in the back. Where you belong!!!!!

Peter1469
01-02-2012, 08:26 AM
We should rotate state primaries / caucuses. Or better yet have them all on the same day (logistical challenges for the candidates noted, and disregarded).

MMC
01-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Morning Peter.....I would agree with you. Moreover it is not like Iowans are the heartbeat of America. Nor leading the way in technology and innovation. What would you say is the largest population of Iowans in any Concentrated area?

Conley
01-02-2012, 10:35 AM
We should rotate state primaries / caucuses. Or better yet have them all on the same day (logistical challenges for the candidates noted, and disregarded).

Agree 100%

MMC
01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Ron Paul has his son Rand Paul rolling with him. Allow the Senator to Speak for him and at the same time Intro Iowans to his son for the Future Run. Plus Paul has more ads that Romney does.

MMC
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/wWTPTC52zRY0.zjBp1Jz6Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/PublicPolicyPolling.jpg
SIOUX CENTER, Iowa--Here's where we stand in the final day before the caucuses. According to the latest survey from Public Policy Polling (http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/mitt-romney-ron-paul-top-iowa-poll-santorum-011528277.html), it looks like a statistical dead heat between Mitt Romney, Ron Paul and Rick Santorum for the top slot in the state.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-paul-romney-santorum-tied-iowa-153813993.html

:rollseyes:

Peter1469
01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Morning Peter.....I would agree with you. Moreover it is not like Iowans are the heartbeat of America. Nor leading the way in technology and innovation. What would you say is the largest population of Iowans in any Concentrated area?

I would guess the Tri-area near Davenport and Demois. Not sure what the other city in that region is.

wingrider
01-03-2012, 12:25 AM
I was listening to Oriely tonight , and all he could talk about was Santorum surging , and how Romney will be the defacto winner, Not one word was said about Paul or how Paul is currently the front runner.. pissed me off that they didn't even have the decency to acknowldge Paul .

makes me mad enough to vote for Paul in the election in november even if I have to write him in. I used to like Fox but am beginning to realize that Fox isn't any different than any of the news sources out there.. they are all in the business to tell us what to think and how to think it.. screw the bums, all of them