PDA

View Full Version : Man saves dog in boating mishap before rescuing his wife

Cigar
08-09-2013, 08:02 AM
You know that old adage about dogs being man’s best friend? Some dog owners are taking it way too seriously.

Case in point: The recent incident of a man who actually rescued his dog before his wife when their boat nearly capsized in rough waters.

Earlier this week, Graham Anley and his wife, Sheryl, were peacefully sailing along the shores of South Africa when they unexpectedly ran into treacherous waters near the Transkei Coast.

As the couple bravely battled roiling waves up to seven metres in height, their boat was swept onto the reef and the only option was to abandon ship.

What Anley did next was either a case of beyond-the-norm dog love or complete disregard for his spouse. Or possibly both.

Instead of taking his wife to safety first, Anley instinctively grabbed their nine-year-old Jack Russell terrier, Rosie, which was wearing a customized doggie-life jacket complete with emergency strobe lighting, and quickly swam her ashore (for the record, Jack Russells are terrific swimmers).

full: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/man-saves-dog-in-boating-mishap-before-rescuing-his-wife/article13671272/

Common
08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
Oh man I bet shes not a happy camper

GrassrootsConservative
08-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Oh man I bet shes not a happy camper

Well good. Women gotta know their place. I would have taken the dog first too. :roflmao:

Cigar
08-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Well good. Women gotta know their place. I would have taken the dog first too. :roflmao:

Knowing the type of Women you would have ... there's not way you could go wrong. :roflmao:

GrassrootsConservative
08-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Knowing the type of Women you would have ... there's not way you could go wrong. :roflmao:

It could be worse.

She could be black.

Who's laughing now?

Cigar
08-09-2013, 11:24 AM
It could be worse.

She could be black.

Who's laughing now?

I am ... because that's you come-back :roflmao: