PDA

View Full Version : 20 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in the US

Captain Obvious
08-10-2013, 04:45 AM
Chicago has like 3 of them.

http://fuckitletshaveabeer13.likes.com/the-20-most-dangerous-neighborhoods-in-america?pid=118278&utm_source=mylikes&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ml&utm_term=26485634

fyrenza
08-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Downtown Nashville???

wEnder if that's for EVERYONE there, or only those LIVING there?

jillian
08-10-2013, 06:13 AM
and two of them are in memphis

and a couple are in detroit

and some are in michigin

Jolly Mon
08-10-2013, 06:19 AM
Well hell. So much for that weekend in Woodside...

Those are some scary statistics...

fyrenza
08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Most of the neighborhoods aren't someplace that you'd go, for a weekend trip,

which is what shocked me about downtown Nashville ~ it IS someplace I'd like to visit.

Peter1469
08-10-2013, 07:10 AM
I am surprised parts of New Orleans didn't make the list.

Mainecoons
08-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Me too.

patrickt
08-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Why do people live there? I realize that Gen. Sherman's promise of forty acres and a mule was designed to keep the slaves from leaving the plantations and moving up north but what in the hell keeps people in the hell holes. When I had a job in a factory in Eminence, Kentucky, back in 1961, I asked a friend with a car if he'd like to hit the road and look for work somewhere better. He looked confused and said, "But this is my home."

"Right, little work, low pay, not much future. If we find a good job somewhere that can be our new home."
"But, I can't leave."

I don't get it.

Chris
08-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Why do people live there? I realize that Gen. Sherman's promise of forty acres and a mule was designed to keep the slaves from leaving the plantations and moving up north but what in the hell keeps people in the hell holes. When I had a job in a factory in Eminence, Kentucky, back in 1961, I asked a friend with a car if he'd like to hit the road and look for work somewhere better. He looked confused and said, "But this is my home."

"Right, little work, low pay, not much future. If we find a good job somewhere that can be our new home."
"But, I can't leave."

I don't get it.

Locked in poverty by liberal policies.

pragmatic
08-10-2013, 09:09 AM
subscribe

Peter1469
08-10-2013, 10:38 AM
The promise of land and a mule was to make people landowners who worked their land or starved to death. Most free slaves opted to become wage laborers so they could make money and do without the risk of being a "self-employed" land owner.

patrickt
08-10-2013, 10:50 AM
The promise of land and a mule was to make people landowners who worked their land or starved to death. Most free slaves opted to become wage laborers so they could make money and do without the risk of being a "self-employed" land owner.

No, it wasn't. Gen. Sherman knew he did not have the power to fulfill the promise. It was made to keep the freed slaves on the land, where they became slaves again. No one got the promised 40 acres and a mule.

patrickt
08-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Locked in poverty by liberal policies.

When I was young most of the South was locked in poverty. When you were eighteen, unmarried, and unemployed--or having a hellish job for $1 an hour--you were free to leave. I did. I had to lose my southern accent but I ended up making a home in Colorado. Then when I retired and Colorado had a virus called Californians, I moved to Mexico.

I don't understand people who won't, or can't, move. I seriously wonder if losing touch with a welfare office they know is a factor.

The leftists could pay welfare families six months worth of benefits to move to a red state and save money. Of course, the leftist states would eventually be unoccupied except by government union workers saying, "What do we do now?"

Chris
08-10-2013, 11:07 AM
When I was young most of the South was locked in poverty. When you were eighteen, unmarried, and unemployed--or having a hellish job for $1 an hour--you were free to leave. I did. I had to lose my southern accent but I ended up making a home in Colorado. Then when I retired and Colorado had a virus called Californians, I moved to Mexico.

I don't understand people who won't, or can't, move. I seriously wonder if losing touch with a welfare office they know is a factor.

The leftists could pay welfare families six months worth of benefits to move to a red state and save money. Of course, the leftist states would eventually be unoccupied except by government union workers saying, "What do we do now?"

But, based on your views of things in your posts, you likely had a rich heritage of independence and self-reliance, rather than one of dependence and servitude. Clarence Thomas's My Grandfather's Son: A Memoir, tells a story of rising above one's condition, so it's possible for anyone.

Leftists don't want to solve poverty, they depend on it for votes, for power.

Mainecoons
08-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Leftists don't want to solve poverty, they depend on it for votes, for power.

But they THINK that they do. And you must admit, the Obamas have done a very nice job of getting rich off of government, eh?

Chris
08-10-2013, 04:35 PM
But they THINK that they do. And you must admit, the Obamas have done a very nice job of getting rich off of government, eh?

[/COLOR]

True, fellow travelers are good at convincing their followers of their good intentions when it's really only for their own aggrandizement.

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 04:46 PM
The neighborhood of Woodside in Greenville, South Carolina Been to Greenville many times. In any state you will find a neighborhood with a high crime rate. I would have picked Bishopville. Greenville has some nice areas. Most of SC is great.

Mister D
08-10-2013, 04:48 PM
How did Camden not make it? :huh:

fyrenza
08-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Been to Greenville many times. In any state you will find a neighborhood with a high crime rate. I would have picked Bishopville. Greenville has some nice areas. Most of SC is great.

Yeah, South Carolina surprised me, too.

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Yeah, South Carolina surprised me, too. When states start getting professional teams areas seem to get bad. Look at Atlanta, use to be great, now I hate to drive in downtown. When I was young you could walk anywhere and not be afraid of someone attacking you, if it was a poor neighborhood or not no matter what race. Heck many would hitch-hike to other states without being attacked. The young people of today have no idea how good it was back then. Crime happened but not like todays world.

jillian
08-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah, South Carolina surprised me, too.

Why? There's huge poverty there. That leads to high crime stats

Jolly Mon
08-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Been to Greenville many times. In any state you will find a neighborhood with a high crime rate. I would have picked Bishopville. Greenville has some nice areas. Most of SC is great.

As you said, there are bad parts of town most anywhere. In North Charleston, stay outside of the Mark Clark after dark. Unless you're heading to downtown Charleston... In that case, just keep driving...

fyrenza
If I were to post some of the "stories of my life,"

these peeps would have HEART ATTACKS,
AND believe me to be the most retarded, yet blessed, person they EVAH met! :grin:

jillian
How did Camden not make it? :huh:

Everything's relative.

fyrenza
08-10-2013, 06:26 PM
To my DIScredit, I was also surprised that neither San Antonio, nor Dallas/F(ar)tWorth made it...

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Why? There's huge poverty there. That leads to high crime stats Not in the old days

jillian
08-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Not in the old days

Yeah I'm sure the slaves and segregated blacks lived great lol

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 06:50 PM
As you said, there are bad parts of town most anywhere. In North Charleston, stay outside of the Mark Clark after dark. Unless you're heading to downtown Charleston... In that case, just keep driving... I haven't been to Charleston in over 20 years. When people live in an area they know the bad parts of town. Or the ones to be careful in. Just like Raleigh, Cary, Durham ect, all have places that crime is higher in. Even the little town I grew up in SC has changed some but kids are still pretty safe there. Just have to lock doors at night now. We never did when I was growing up.

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Yeah I'm sure the slaves and segregated blacks lived great lol Never saw a slave, you? My parents or grandparents didn't either around them.

jillian
08-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Never saw a slave, you? My parents or grandparents didn't either around them.

The south has always had more poverty and less education than other parts of the country. So what are you talking about (yet again)?

Captain Obvious
08-10-2013, 06:59 PM

[/COLOR]

They can't hold a candle to Cheney. Haliburton made billions from the wars.

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 07:02 PM
The south has always had more poverty and less education than other parts of the country. So what are you talking about (yet again)? No, we have always had the good life. I have two degrees, you?

fyrenza
08-10-2013, 07:07 PM
ALL of these "politicians" have, and it's DISGUSTING!

They are BEING ALLOWED TO STEAL, right in front of our faces, FROM us/US!!!

And to throw OUR monies at whatever they please, with NO CONSIDERATION for any of us/US,

even the folks they profess to be trying to "help!"

jillian
08-10-2013, 07:15 PM
No, we have always had the good life. I have two degrees, you?

No YOU have always had a good life (which is fine) but southern states have the highest poverty and illiteracy rates in the country.

Chris
08-10-2013, 07:19 PM
To my DIScredit, I was also surprised that neither San Antonio, nor Dallas/F(ar)tWorth made it...

Hey! :angry:

Well, OK, there are places in SA I would stay away from.

fyrenza
08-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I never considered turning slaves into an even lesser role of being pets;

THEY had to have their freedom to pursue their dreams, also,
as our brothers and sisters and neighbors,

but imho, the entire IDEA of welfare smacks of some sort of further humiliation,
this time,
from a TRUSTED source.

There ARE some folks too feeble, old, disabled, and/or handicapped that DO need charitable help,

but to categorize, and entice an entire RACE into that category,
especially since we ALL abhor any type of slavery,
and consider it nothing less than barbaric, in these times?

Holly shit.

Chris
08-10-2013, 07:22 PM
The south has always had more poverty and less education than other parts of the country. So what are you talking about (yet again)?

You must be living pre-WW2 for after the war manufacturing migrated from north to south, leaving a rust belt for a wealthier cotton belt.

roadmaster
08-10-2013, 07:46 PM
No YOU have always had a good life (which is fine) but southern states have the highest poverty and illiteracy rates in the country. Good life doesn't mean rich. I was a small farmers daughter. Nope we weren't rich but rich in family. Poverty is not the problem and I worked myself through college. We had no excuses given to us to steal or commit a crime.

Chris
08-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Good life doesn't mean rich. I was a small farmers daughter. Nope we weren't rich but rich in family. Poverty is not the problem and I worked myself through college. We had no excuses given to us to steal or commit a crime.

Liberals since Marx tend to be materialistic. They see the pursuit of happiness in terms of money, material things, as ends.

Get correct views of life, and learn to see the world in its true light. It will enable you to live pleasantly, to do good, and, when summoned away, to leave without regret. --Robert E. Lee

patrickt
08-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Poor people are not criminals but poverty is a great excuse for liberals to use.

Chris
08-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Walter Williams comments on the OP:

Time for an Honest Examination of Race (http://capitalismmagazine.com/2013/08/time-for-an-honest-examination-of-race/):

One definition given for insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results; it might also be a definition of stupidity. Let’s look at some cities where large percentages of black Americans live under poor conditions.

Experiencing a violent crime rate of 2,137 per 100,000 of the population, Detroit is the nation’s most dangerous city. Rounding out Forbes magazine’s 2012 list of the 10 most dangerous cities are St Louis; Oakland, Calif.; Memphis, Tenn.; Birmingham, Ala.; Atlanta; Baltimore; Stockton, Calif.; Cleveland; and Buffalo, N.Y. The most common characteristic of these predominantly black cities is that for decades, all of them have been run by Democratic and presumably liberal administrations. Some cities — such as Detroit, Buffalo, Newark, N.J., and Philadelphia — haven’t elected a Republican mayor for more than a half-century. What’s more is that in most of these cities, blacks have been mayors, chiefs of police, school superintendents and principals and have dominated city councils.

You might ask, “What’s the point, Williams?” Let’s be clear about it. I’m not stating that there’s a causal relationship between crime, poverty and squalor on the one hand and, on the other, Democratic and black political control over a city. Nor am I saying that blacks ought to vote Republican. What I am saying is that if one is strategizing on how to improve the lives of the poorest black people, he wants to leave off his to-do list election of Democrats and black politicians. Also to be left off the to-do list is a civil rights agenda. Racial discrimination has little to do with major problems confronting black people....

Black people could benefit from an honest examination of the bill of goods they’ve been sold. Such an examination would not come from black politicians, civil rights leaders or the black and white liberal elite. Those people have benefited politically and financially from keeping black Americans in a constant state of grievance based on alleged racial discrimination. The long-term solution for the problems that many black Americans face begins with an absolute rejection of the self-serving agenda of hustlers and poverty pimps.

Matty
08-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Chicago has like 3 of them.

http://fuckitletshaveabeer13.likes.com/the-20-most-dangerous-neighborhoods-in-america?pid=118278&utm_source=mylikes&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ml&utm_term=26485634

Ya know it's bad when they're asking for the National Guard to be sent in.