PDA

View Full Version : What Iowa Caucuses Mean For Democrats.....

MMC
01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Lest anyone forget, the Republicans aren’t the only ones caucusing in Iowa on Tuesday. The Democrats will also gather in schools and function halls around the state to go through the exercise of choosing President Obama for his party’s nomination, despite the lack of serious opposition.

The Democratic caucuses are more than just a pro forma event. They also matter for the selection of convention delegates and as a tool for party-building by attracting potential volunteers for what is expected to be a close general election. Iowa is one of about a dozen battleground states.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC) has set up a “war room” in a downtown Des Moines hotel, with a promise of daily press conferences.

Iowa isn’t the only venue for Iowa caucus “previews.” DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz also offered herself up to the press Monday at an availability at a bagel shop in Weston, Fla. The press release promised not only discussion of the caucuses, but also “Mitt Romney’s attempts to rewrite history, distract voters from his out-of-touch positions and support for failed policies that won’t help the middle class.”

It’s been clear for weeks that the Democrats expect Mr. Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts, to win the Republican nomination. They’ve set up the website WhichMitt.com, which highlights Romney’s flip-flops.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/iowa-caucuses-mean-democrats-222512044.html
Christian Science Monitor – 1 hr 52 mins ago.....More Here!

Wassermann Schultz is another Demo that needs to be removed from Office. I would like to See Rubio the Senator go after Wassermann Schultz in this Election. Course she is also one of the Dems best attack dogs. But she did make the mistake of opening her big mouth up in going after Ryan in Wisconsin. Which then he proceeded to tear her ass up on the numbers with the budget and then with what he was talking about a New Tax Code. Which he did it in a way that without really saying to much about her. Letting her be the one to look like a fool on CNN and MSDNC. Still this is a straight up progressive dog in heat. Not only does she need to be muzzled.....but she needs to be put thru the hoops. Especially before she pulls a Donna Brazille.(AKA- Gores Campaign Manager, Former DNC Chair-woman and one of those Superdelegates that gets 2 votes in the Democratic Party as well as CNN.....Contributor!!!!!)

Conley
01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I just checked out that whichmitt.com website

http://www.whichmitt.com/

It looks like it was put together in five minutes. I wonder how much the DNC paid for it.

Mostly it looks like they are selling mugs. Kid you not! That is a big part of the site. :laugh:

MMC
01-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Plus Obama is to address them over the Puter tonight. Are they Obama mugs. Cuz Round here all the Obama memorabelia is all coming out. Bumperstickers, tshirts, hats, Campaign buttons the whole works.

Conley
01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Nope they just have links to Which Mitt mugs. Do they really need the money? I don't think so.

Captain Obvious
01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Once the Repub nominee is selected and the actual campaigning begins, I have a strong hunch that there will be no mud too muddy for BO to sling. It will get ugly.

MMC
01-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Once the Repub nominee is selected and the actual campaigning begins, I have a strong hunch that there will be no mud too muddy for BO to sling. It will get ugly.

Yep.....the KrautHammer has been saying this time round it is going to be a nasty campaign.

Conley
01-03-2012, 10:21 PM

It seems like Mitt will be tough to dig dirt up on. The only thing they can say, and they have been saying it, is that he flips and that he's liberal. I don't think that will help Obama considering he's more of a flipper and more liberal.

MMC
01-03-2012, 10:55 PM
It seems like Mitt will be tough to dig dirt up on. The only thing they can say, and they have been saying it, is that he flips and that he's liberal. I don't think that will help Obama considering he's more of a flipper and more liberal.

Not at all. Obama's blueprint for HealthCare comes from Romney and What Massachusetts started. Plus Romney is just as weak on Foreign Policy. Also I am not keen on Romney running around and acting like he has it all in the bag. Now he is doing the Clinton thing.

wingrider
01-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Not at all. Obama's blueprint for HealthCare comes from Romney and What Massachusetts started. Plus Romney is just as weak on Foreign Policy. Also I am not keen on Romney running around and acting like he has it all in the bag. Now he is doing the Clinton thing.

don't tell me... there is a monica in mitts closet??

Conley
01-04-2012, 12:20 AM
:laugh: He kept her in the office as I recall.

Good to see ya Wing!

MMC
01-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Just as long as Mitt don't start crying and then talking about dodging bullets on a runway where some little girl brings you flowers. :wink:

Conley
01-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Just as long as Mitt don't start crying and then talking about dodging bullets on a runway where some little girl brings you flowers. :wink:

:roflmao:

That's what it was! And there were snipers there too! I forgot all about that!

MMC
01-04-2012, 01:25 AM
So did the DNC release anything tonight like they said they was? Did Obama speak to his minions?

Conley
01-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Dunno, I haven't heard of anything yet. The news is dominated by Santorum v. Romney.

MMC
01-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Dunno, I haven't heard of anything yet. The news is dominated by Santorum v. Romney.

Good.....which means Obama couldn't steal of any the GOP Thunder. (figure of Speech, per se) :wink: