PDA

View Full Version : Worth a Read

Boris The Animal
08-13-2013, 06:27 PM
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/08/72519-the-failure-of-the-gop-to-reach-young-people/

Mainecoons
08-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes it was, thanks. Good quote here:

There is nothing “liberal” or “progressive” about modern leftists. They repeat the same kind of false promises that have failed throughout history and have led people into misery, poverty and state slavery. The Democrat Party survives mainly through its demonization of Republicans, who are often too tongue-tied and intimidated by PC garbage to stand up for the exhilarating idea of freedom.

and here:

The dismissive attitude that the youth are not attracted to the idea of freedom — economic and social — is erroneous and self-destructive. By ceding the culture to the modern left, primarily through the unwillingness to counter deceptive language, those who support liberty will continue to see the government transform into a smothering bully.

Boris The Animal
08-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Yes it was, thanks. Good quote here:

and here:

[/FONT][/COLOR]Wonder how long before the Liberal nannystate apologists arrive?

Boris The Animal
08-13-2013, 07:47 PM
I think the name of the game should be to convey the message of Conservatism in a way that relates to the younger generations, and that, unfortunately, is where the GOP fell short. The Left keep right on claiming this country's demographics have changed, but how much of the new demographic would embrace Conservatism and the Republican message now if it were done in the way suggested?

Chloe
08-13-2013, 11:09 PM
I think how everything is either democrat or republican is rather annoying and is a big problem too. For example if you are on the left or if you are a liberal it's implied then that you are a democrat or want policies that have been tried over and over again, which isn't always true. I'm not a democrat and i don't want to be a democrat.

As for the article I do think that the Republican Party and conservatives in general need to do a better job of reaching out to younger voters. When your platform is that of your parents or grandparents it probably isn't going to relate very well to 18 year olds about to vote for the first time or college students that are thinking for themselves and wanting to make our own future and not to bring back our parents or grandparents past.

GrassrootsConservative
08-14-2013, 12:06 AM
I'll start my post with a quote from Winston Churchill:

"If you are not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart and if you are not conservative at thirty, you have no brain."

The problem is that young people just haven't matured yet and realized how the world works. They'll grow up, most of them, and become conservative. It just takes a bit sometimes.

There are exceptions, obviously, you hear a bunch of old Liberals talking. Those are the ones who never grew up, and we should try hard to teach young people not to end up like them.

Boris The Animal
08-14-2013, 07:36 AM
I think how everything is either democrat or republican is rather annoying and is a big problem too. For example if you are on the left or if you are a liberal it's implied then that you are a democrat or want policies that have been tried over and over again, which isn't always true. I'm not a democrat and i don't want to be a democrat.

As for the article I do think that the Republican Party and conservatives in general need to do a better job of reaching out to younger voters. When your platform is that of your parents or grandparents it probably isn't going to relate very well to 18 year olds about to vote for the first time or college students that are thinking for themselves and wanting to make our own future and not to bring back our parents or grandparents past.Not entirely true. As these young skulls full of mush grow up, they generally realize that their parents and grandparents were RIGHT ALL ALONG!!!

Chloe
08-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Not entirely true. As these young skulls full of mush grow up, they generally realize that their parents and grandparents were RIGHT ALL ALONG!!!

My parents and I generally agree with each other. We differ in some ways but they are not republicans and neither am I, so as I grow up I will agree with you that they are/were right :)

jillian
08-14-2013, 09:13 AM

yeah, if he actually said it...

These quotes make for good story-telling but popular myth has falsely attributed them to Churchill.

Paul Addison of Edinburgh University makes this comment: "Surely Churchill can't have used the words attributed to him. He'd been a Conservative at 15 and a Liberal at 35! And would he have talked so disrespectfully of Clemmie, who is generally thought to have been a lifelong Liberal?

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/quotations/quotes-falsely-attributed

looks like he actually smartened up and became a lib. go figure. *shrug*

Boris The Animal
08-14-2013, 09:14 AM
My parents and I generally agree with each other. We differ in some ways but they are not republicans and neither am I, so as I grow up I will agree with you that they are/were right :)then you and your parents are idiots, pure and simple.

Cigar
08-14-2013, 09:16 AM
then you and your parents are idiots, pure and simple.

http://16thandhighland.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/chill-pill.gif

Chloe
08-14-2013, 09:16 AM

Nice

Cigar
08-14-2013, 09:17 AM
Nice

Someone needs a Time-Out!

http://mothersonmission.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/time_out_chair_1.jpg

jillian
08-14-2013, 09:17 AM

while i don't know chloe's parents, i think most of us would agree, chloe is a pretty smart young woman.

of course, misogynists love insulting women... which explains your posts.

Boris The Animal
08-14-2013, 09:37 AM
while i don't know chloe's parents, i think most of us would agree, chloe is a pretty smart young woman.

of course, misogynists love insulting women... which explains your posts.
Nope. Anyone who votes Democrat are either die hard Communists, idiots, or both.

Cigar
08-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Nope. Anyone who votes Democrat are either die hard Communists, idiots, or both.

... yea and anyone who Voted Republican ... Lost ... Twice. :laugh:

bladimz
08-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Warning
Re: Post 10.
Stop the name-calling and
personal attacks!

Chloe
08-14-2013, 11:24 AM

Im not a democrat

GrassrootsConservative
08-14-2013, 01:01 PM
yeah, if he actually said it...

http://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/quotations/quotes-falsely-attributed

looks like he actually smartened up and became a lib. go figure. *shrug*

No, he DID say it.

http://www.wolverton-mountain.com/articles/correcting_churchill.html

Read a book sometime.

The Sage of Main Street
08-14-2013, 02:16 PM

The problem is that young people just haven't matured yet and realized how the world works. They'll grow up, most of them, and become conservative. It just takes a bit sometimes.

There are exceptions, obviously, you hear a bunch of old Liberals talking. Those are the ones who never grew up, and we should try hard to teach young people not to end up like them.

Since the voters are sovereign, they should be held to the President's qualification of being at least 35 years old.