PDA

View Full Version : Oh, come on.

Singularity
08-13-2013, 06:52 PM
As a mentor of mine is fond of saying, "This is why I'll never identify with the PC left (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/08/201381313519466103.html)."

I mean, really? They're going to ban this guy for life because he put on a mask?
How is this any different from people wearing goofy masks of any other President?
Can anyone honestly tell me, and do it with a straight face? It's a rodeo clown! He is not
supposed to get hurt! His job is to protect the contestants... a fairly heroic thing in the
whole traditional drama of rodeo, and it's funny. The mask isn't a terrible distortion.

junie
08-13-2013, 06:56 PM
lol aljazeera dot com ?

Singularity
08-13-2013, 06:59 PM
lol aljazeera dot com ?
Primary online news source for me. There is just about ZERO chance of bias in American
domestic news for them, and I'm really excited about their US launch on the 20th.

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:01 PM
lol aljazeera dot com ?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57598222/missouri-fair-bans-rodeo-clown-wearing-obama-mask/

Here's one from cbsnews

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:02 PM
It's always about race with Obama and his supporters.

No sense of humor at all.

Singularity
08-13-2013, 07:03 PM
It's always about race with Obama and his supporters.

No sense of humor at all.
That's a bit of a broad brush. I generally like the guy.
Disagree with him on a fair amount of issues, but even so.

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:06 PM
That's a bit of a broad brush. I generally like the guy.
Disagree with him on a fair amount of issues, but even so.

No it isn't.

Singularity
08-13-2013, 07:08 PM
No it isn't.
All righty.

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:10 PM
All righty.

I'm not judging, I'm just saying.

Liberals have no sense of humor when it comes to politicians they relate to.

:)

Singularity
08-13-2013, 07:11 PM

And I respect your opinion, as briefly expressed as it may be.

I just beg to differ with the modern Republican Party for all kinds of reasons beyond race.

Common
08-13-2013, 07:21 PM

Liberals have no sense of humor when it comes to politicians they relate to.

Do you think the teaparty has a sense of humor ?

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:21 PM

I just beg to differ with the modern Republican Party for all kinds of reasons beyond race.

Race never plays a part in why I disagree with any politician from either party. And I find it utterly ridiculous that a clown making fun of the President is racist. A KKK rally? Really. What's going to happen when all these people who are accused of being racist for years, start being racist?

Like I said, no sense of humor.

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Do you think the teaparty has a sense of humor ?

I have no idea, I don't have the same experience with the tea party as I do with liberals.

Singularity
08-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Race never plays a part in why I disagree with any politician from either party. And I find it utterly ridiculous that a clown making fun of the President is racist. A KKK rally? Really. What's going to happen when all these people who are accused of being racist for years, start being racist?

It is totally ridiculous, on that I will offer no argument.

Mister D
08-13-2013, 07:26 PM

Ironically, the whiteness of the tea parties was often remarked upon by their enemies.

Venus
08-13-2013, 07:36 PM
Ironically, the whiteness of the tea parties was often remarked upon by their enemies.

lol

Of course they do.

It's always about race, it's what they do because it's worked so well for them in the past.

For years anytime you (not you personally but in general) was making a point that couldn't be argued with liberals would call racism, end of discussion.

Mister D
08-13-2013, 07:38 PM
lol

Of course they do.

It's always about race, it's what they do because it's worked so well for them in the past.

For years anytime you (not you personally but in general) was making a point that couldn't be argued with liberals would call racism, end of discussion.

Happens here from time to time.

zelmo1234
08-13-2013, 08:54 PM

And I for one have a lot of respect for you because you do not bring race into a policy agreement.

If I have not thanked you for that, I will take the time to do it now! Thank You!

Chloe
08-13-2013, 10:56 PM
As a mentor of mine is fond of saying, "This is why I'll never identify with the PC left (http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/08/201381313519466103.html)."

I mean, really? They're going to ban this guy for life because he put on a mask?
How is this any different from people wearing goofy masks of any other President?
Can anyone honestly tell me, and do it with a straight face? It's a rodeo clown! He is not
supposed to get hurt! His job is to protect the contestants... a fairly heroic thing in the
whole traditional drama of rodeo, and it's funny. The mask isn't a terrible distortion.

Yeah it was probably a little disrespectful but people should be able to laugh at themselves and situations sometimes and not be so uptight, and not always take life so seriously. Honestly though in spite of that i can see why some people would be upset, but a lifetime ban is excessive I think.

Professor Peabody
08-14-2013, 12:45 AM

Al Jazeera? Really?

Common
08-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Grasping on this mask thing to make a scene is absurd and instead makes the complainers look far worse than their accused. Making everything about race has made race relations worse