PDA

View Full Version : Most 2013 job growth is in part-time work, survey suggests

Professor Peabody
08-14-2013, 02:17 AM
Most 2013 job growth is in part-time work, survey suggests

By Kevin G. Hall | McClatchy Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON — And a closer look at one of the two measures the Labor Department uses to gauge employment suggests that part-time work accounted for almost all the job growth that’s been reported over the past six months.

Employers added a weaker-than-expected 162,000 nonfarm payroll jobs in July, according to the Establishment Data Survey, which relies on reporting by a large sample of businesses.

“Over the last six months, of the net job creation, 97 percent of that is part-time work,” said Keith Hall, a senior researcher at George Mason University’s Mercatus Center. “That is really remarkable.”

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/08/02/198432/most-2013-job-growth-is-in-part.html#.Uf-UcGRAS7g

There it is, 97% of Obamanomics job creation in 2013 is part time work. They didn't have to tell ME that because I live in Southern California where Liberal Democrats economic waterboarding of business policies have kept unemployment at 10.6%. You're lucky to just get a part time job. I simply can't believe the American middle class is going to put up with this for much longer. Hopefully, they will boot the economically challenged Democrats right back to their home districts where they belong.