PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Caucus Underway

Pendragon
01-03-2012, 01:29 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/03/9917327-first-thoughts-caucus-day

That reptile Gingrich admits he doesn't think he will win, and goes on to call Romney a liar. What an exemplary representative of the Republican party!

Conley
01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I wonder what time we'll start seeing results.

Mister D
01-03-2012, 03:50 PM
It will be on all fraking night.

Conley
01-03-2012, 04:08 PM
It will be on all fraking night.

Ah, bummer. Well, I guess it's got to be Romney or Paul who wins and only one of those two men has a real shot at the nomination.

Captain Obvious
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
If Santorum wins, I'm converting to Islam.

Mister D
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Ah, bummer. Well, I guess it's got to be Romney or Paul who wins and only one of those two men has a real shot at the nomination.

I'll probably watch the news as I doze off tonight.

Mister D
01-03-2012, 05:32 PM

Make sure it's Sunni Islam. MMC would be upset if you converted to the Shia brand.

MMC
01-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Sunni.....Shia.....you say Potato. I say Mashed!:wink: :laugh:

Conley
01-03-2012, 10:18 PM

Santorum is tied with Romney for the lead with 91% reporting.

MMC
01-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Santorium still knows even if he wins Iowa he has no chance of winning the nomination. Moreover once again Iowa proves why they are a backwards state. All this BS about caucuses and National Political Issues. Seems Iowa needs to do more studying than just talking an bullshitting about such.

Well since both are tied then it looks like it will play out until the end. What does Paul have? Funny thing Santorium isnt even mentioned in NH or So. Carolina. Cali and Illinois Repubs won't back him. Nor will the Neo-Cons! So technically Santorium's dead in the water. Plus he has no money! Does anyone think Santorium can beat Obama?

Conley
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Well, I would say the polling in Iowa was wrong considering how impressive Santorum's numbers have been. No one expected this. Remember, it was Iowa who catapulted Obama to the nomination in 2008. It's almost as if the state relishes its opportunity to turn the race on its head. By throwing such a wrench in things it makes the state even more important in future elections. It's yet another flaw in our system that Iowa of all places gets to have such a high degree importance in electing the leader of the free world. It's madness! :angry:

MMC
01-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Thats a good point CL.....it is like Iowa each time has to make sure they are what leads this nation in this process. Might have worked back in the beginning but we have progressed with time and technologies. Even with Political policies. So significance given to a state that does not reflect what modern day society is all about should not take precedence over others. Their rights are not infringed upon by going last either?

Conley
01-04-2012, 12:12 AM
If a state or a few states have to go first every time it should at least rotate among states and not always be Iowa. And if Santorum gets Iowa, how bad does that make the GOP look? This is bs.

MMC
01-04-2012, 12:17 AM
I think it makes the GOP look bad if Santorium wins. Plus it shows clearly that Iowans are out of the mainstream and uninformed!

Conley
01-04-2012, 12:29 AM
I agree.

MMC
01-04-2012, 12:55 AM
I feel the same way over New Hampshire. The Granite State my azz. Also personally I think we should have a rotating White House for the Region of the Country.

1. It does not ever give our Nation's Capital as fixed location.
2. It prevents the White house and Congress and Washington D.C. from becoming what they have.
3. It Shows no favortism to any specific region of the country. (such as the East Coast)
4. It prevents the upper echelon of government from spending lavishly or beyond functionality.
5. Reduced the opportunities for corruption.