PDA

View Full Version : Esiason Calls Out NY Jets QB Sanchez

Conley
01-04-2012, 02:56 PM
Everybody, it seems, is ripping the New York Jets -- even their former players.

Ex-quarterback Boomer Esiason, appearing Wednesday morning on a Boston radio station, criticized coach Rex Ryan and general manager Mike Tannenbaum for putting "a lot of bad guys together in (the) locker room." But he saved his harshest remarks for quarterback Mark Sanchez.

"If you watched Mark Sanchez the last month of the season, he was like a chihuahua standing on Madison Avenue and 36th Street entering the Midtown Tunnel, eyes bigger than you-know-what, and just so shaky," said Esiason, according to quotes that appear on WEEI's web site.

Esiason, reached by ESPNNewYork.com, said the chihuahua line wasn't a reference to Sanchez's Mexican-American heritage. Esiason explained: "I chose a small dog that always looks shaken and has big eyes, and doesn't like big things -- a chihuahua. It's a skittish dog and he's been a skittish player."

Esiason believes the Jets' hierarchy isn't convinced that Sanchez is a franchise quarterback, and he wouldn't be surprised if they explore the possibility of acquiring the Colts' Peyton Manning if the Super Bowl winner and league MVP becomes available.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7424308/boomer-esiason-skittish-mark-sanchez-not-new-york-jets-franchise-qb

:rofl: That's harsh! Esiason is a putz but he might be right. Sanchez did not look good down the stretch.

Mister D
01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
How many years does NManning really have lef? I know QBs play for a long time but he's been around for a decade hasn't he?

MMC
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
:laugh: Boomer.....acts like he was originally part of the Jets organization. When in truth he came from Cinci. I think I recall Boomer having the same difficulties. Does this mean he considers himself to be a scottish terrier. U-know the little ones that are so skittish they chase a tail around that they don't have anymore. :grin:

Mister D
01-04-2012, 03:28 PM
He was with the Jets for a long while though.

MMC
01-04-2012, 03:49 PM
He was with the Jets for a long while though.

Did he have those big eyes and the shakes when playing NE and Brady. :evil6:

Must have been them Big 300lb Def Takles NE had. :wink:

Conley
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
How many years does NManning really have lef? I know QBs play for a long time but he's been around for a decade hasn't he?

He still played well before he got hurt. Now I think the question is more about his neck and his fused vertebrae than it is his overall age. With the new rules QBs don't take much punishment and he had a good O line in front of him. He never missed games before this. If the Jets could get him they would be fools to not at least explore the possibility.

MMC
01-04-2012, 04:01 PM
But I think manning wants to become part of the Indy Office.....doesnt he. He is key in the City of Inidanapolis. Kinda like Jeter is to NY. Know what I mean.

Conley
01-04-2012, 04:08 PM
But I think manning wants to become part of the Indy Office.....doesnt he. He is key in the City of Inidanapolis. Kinda like Jeter is to NY. Know what I mean.

I would have agreed with you except that they just fired the Polians, who were in charge of drafting him and were there the whole time he was. Manning seemed really upset and pissed. Clearing them out also makes it easier to draft Luck because the new GM whoever they hire will have no allegiance to Manning.

MMC
01-04-2012, 04:47 PM
New owners? Hmmmm. Did they say who it was? Cuz didn't some Paki just buy the Jags?

Conley
01-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Nah, same owner (Irsay) they just fired the GM and the VP. If you were the Colts would you take a Qb with the #1 pick? Would it be Luck?

MMC
01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Nah, same owner (Irsay) they just fired the GM and the VP. If you were the Colts would you take a Qb with the #1 pick? Would it be Luck?

Yeah.....I guess either that or the kid from Baylor. I still wouldn't see Luck becoming such a keynote figure in Indianapolis tho!

BOOMSTICK
01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Manning is done. Sanchez will be a better quarterback from now on compared to him, he can't even get on the field. One more hit and he'll be paralyzed if it were me I would just retire.

Conley
01-04-2012, 05:32 PM
If he is in that much danger I am sure he'll just retire. He seems at least somewhat intelligent and he must be wealthy.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Sanchez is the east coast Tony Romo.

So to "motivate" Sanchez. Ryan is said to have his backup Mark Brunell take snaps with the first O team during practice.

Are you fucking kidding me? I didn't realize Brunell was still in the league.

Conley
01-04-2012, 06:03 PM
:laugh: Brunell must be 45. I guess he makes Sanchez feel better about himself.

Mister D
01-04-2012, 06:43 PM
:laugh: So much strategy and politics to this.

Conley
01-04-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey Cap'n, you watching West Virginia tonight? How far are you from Morgantown? I've read about the couch burning. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
01-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Hey Cap'n, you watching West Virginia tonight? How far are you from Morgantown? I've read about the couch burning. :laugh:

Maybe an hour or two from Morgantown. The couch burning thing is sort of old news, they got too carried away with it now there's a big crackdown on it. Students weren't satisfied with just burning their couches, they were regularly burning trash dumpsters - that's what did them in.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

I don't have a TV but it is the bowl game?

Mister D
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Rutgers was in some cheesy bowl game. I forget what it was called. It was on last week.

Conley
01-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Ah, I didn't know there was a crackdown. I just remember some stories of things getting out of hand.

Yep, WV is in the Orange Bowl against Clemson. It's a good game...figured you might hate WV if you're a Pitt fan.

Conley
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Rutgers was in some cheesy bowl game. I forget what it was called. It was on last week.

Yeah there are so many with ridiculous names. I think they're up to at least thirty.

Mister D
01-04-2012, 08:55 PM
It was called the Pinstripe Bowl. :rollseyes: :laugh:

Captain Obvious
01-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Ah, I didn't know there was a crackdown. I just remember some stories of things getting out of hand.

Yep, WV is in the Orange Bowl against Clemson. It's a good game...figured you might hate WV if you're a Pitt fan.

I don't hate WV. My dad does, with a passion. I'm a Pitt fan during the Pitt/WV "backyard brawl" (we lost this year), but aside from that, I'll pull for WV if they're representing the Big East in a bowl game.

Orange Bowl huh? That's a pretty decent bowl game. Too many fucking bowl games though, the bowl game system is just about as fucked up as the ranking system.

College football is the new MLB.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah there are so many with ridiculous names. I think they're up to at least thirty.

35 I heard on the radio the other day.

Most of them corporate whore names.

Conley
01-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Pinstripe :laugh: Oh, I think maybe they were talking about having one at Yankee Stadium. That must be the connection.

This is a great game, both teams are no huddle...14-7 Clemson with 5 min left in the 1st. Crazy speed on both sides.

Mister D
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Something about the Yanks.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.pittsburghsportstavern.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3801&d=1325734333

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSpigeBZu8

Conley
01-04-2012, 10:46 PM
:laugh:

They should let the kids burn stuff tonight...WVU has 49 points at half! Haven't seen anything like this in a long time, maybe ever. Definitely not in a BCS bowl.

Captain Obvious
01-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Rubbish night was yesterday for me, good thing.

I'm far enough away from Morgantown though, but who knows.

MMC
01-05-2012, 07:47 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-mcelroy
NEW YORK (AP)—Jets rookie quarterback Greg McElroy (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24995/) says there was a “corrupt mindset” in the locker room during a disappointing season, and the team included some “extremely selfish individuals.”

McElroy tells the radio station that some players cared only about individual achievements rather than wins or losses.....snip~

Conley
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM
Rookies should keep their mouths shut, and especially not share locker room stuff with the media. Rex tries too hard to be friends with these guys. I'd chew the kid out.

MMC
01-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Think he will be there next year? :laugh:

Conley
01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
:laugh: I would probably cut him to make an example out of him. I didn't think he was very good in college. Bring in Manning and make Sanchez his backup. :evil:

MMC
01-05-2012, 09:55 AM
3rd string.....Ryan can get anybody! :wink: