PDA

View Full Version : Clowning Around

Chris
08-16-2013, 10:20 AM
http://i.snag.gy/PBf3A.jpg

Yuk yuk yuk.

Oh, yea, the point...

Clowning Around (http://spectator.org/archives/2013/08/16/clowning-around)

A former clown reflects on the Obama circus’s creeping Stalinoidism.

I’m surprised, in the efforts to lynch the Obama Clown and brainwash other cowboys with sensitivity training, that the Obama regime and cronies have failed to recount one of my favorite Stalin stories from long ago.
After a hard day’s work, Uncle Joe blessed a Moscow circus with his presence. The clowns performed a bit that contained (what Stalin perceived as) political commentary obliquely critical of him. Yet the audience roared with delight at the funny clowns!

True to form, Stalin had his armed guards line up the clowns in center ring and execute them, on the spot.

Then, as a clever follow-up on Stalin’s part, he had the guards turn their guns on the audience and slaughter dozens. Call it a curtain call: it was curtains for all.

Oh, the dangers of mocking Great Leaders.

I can also tell you that, except for liberal activist politically correct clowns (who in truth are nothing more than Alinsky-ites subverting an establishment art form for propaganda purposes), your basic, hard-working, underpaid clown uses the same jokes and gags on the newly inaugurated president as he did on the retiring president. Yes, even I simply transformed a few Jimmy gags onto Ronnie.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if the nefarious Missouri clown had come across an equally cartoonish mask of George W., he would have performed the same bit with the bulls as he did with the Obama mask. And Republicans would have laughed! Or if they booed, it would have been a laughing, good-natured sort of booing.

Vaclav Havel (if my memory is correct) wrote on how the inability of a powerful leader to laugh at himself was both the sure sign of decadence, corruption, and incapacity, as well as a sign that he was on his way out, if only in the eye of the public.

When a President and his ilk can’t laugh along with a timeless, harmless, sure-fire gag about Himself, Joe Public smells a fish — and there’s to be a clown who will pull a rubber fish out of an Obama look-a-like’s pants. HA! HA! HA!

patrickt
08-16-2013, 10:45 AM
I was fighting with some politicians and discovered my post potent weapon was humor. They were enraged at people laughing, possibly at them. It's the true sign of a self-absorbed narcissistic self-centered nitwit.

Chris
08-16-2013, 10:52 AM
And wouldn't you know it, the race card is played almost immediately--and a wonderful no "real" Scotsman fallacy thrown in to boot. :drumdude:

A real clown wouldn't mock Obama (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/opinion/quest-rodeo-clown/index.html?hpt=op_t1):

...As someone who has performed as a "real" clown for 32 years and has taught the craft to hundreds of clowns, I would like the world to know that we have a code of ethics that we adhere to so that our life of making the world smile goes on without hurting people. Among the ethics is a ban on "blue humor."

This mean[s sic] no sexual or racial humor. The joke always needs to be on us and never on an audience member. If someone is offended or made the "victim" of a joke, it is totally against what the clown community would consider funny....

Kalkin
08-16-2013, 11:03 AM

Professor Peabody
08-16-2013, 11:07 AM
http://gulagbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Obama-Nose-Up.jpg

A true self-absorbed narcissistic self-centered nitwit

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:08 AM

... and The 44th President of The United States :grin:

bladimz
08-16-2013, 11:08 AM
The best thing the president, his wife, his friends and associates could do is just ignore whole thing.

It was extremely sophomoric, meant to draw laughter from an anti-Obama audience.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

patrickt
08-16-2013, 11:13 AM
The best thing the president, his wife, his friends and associates could do is just ignore whole thing.

It was extremely sophomoric, meant to draw laughter from an anti-Obama audience.

It is possible for me to agree with you. Gov. Palin ignores Bill "Twat" Maher. President Bush ignores most of the idiotic liberal clowns. But, for a narcissistic nitwit and his Myrmidons ignoring isn't an option.

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 11:14 AM
... and The 44th President of The United States :grin:And the last Democrat POTUS for a very LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGG Time.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:16 AM

It's not the sophomoric actions from a Clown ... it was the actual words coming from actual people sitting in hearing distance of children and numerous others.

Look ... everyone knows what's going on ... so just let's not be surprised when the boomerang return home along when the chickens come home to roost. :wink:

Remember ... humans have memories ... what goes around, comes around.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:17 AM
And the last Democrat POTUS for a very LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGG Time.

You are living in a different world

http://mariopiperni.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Republican_Bubble.jpg

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 11:18 AM
You are living in a different world

http://mariopiperni.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Republican_Bubble.jpgYeah, it's called reality. something you urban types never get.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it's called reality. something you urban types never get.

You know what's funny ... is the ignorance you display, based on the ignorance you've been taught.

You have no idea about where I live or where I've lived, yet you use a word like urban as if it's suppose to be an insult.

Are you even aware of how ignorant that looks?

Chris
08-16-2013, 11:39 AM

... and The 44th President of The United States :grin:

Who looks like Mussolini.

http://i.snag.gy/uTP4u.jpg

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:42 AM
It's understandable why you guys need your boogieman :laugh:

Boris The Animal
08-16-2013, 11:43 AM
You know what's funny ... is the ignorance you display, based on the ignorance you've been taught.

You have no idea about where I live or where I've lived, yet you use a word like urban as if it's suppose to be an insult.

Are you even aware of how ignorant that looks?
Your postings indicate that. And just for the record, I live in an urban shithole myself but I don't allow myself to compromise on my Conservatism.

Ravi
08-16-2013, 11:49 AM

I'm positive Obama has ignored the entire thing. Some idiotic politicians from both sides haven't. But the OP certainly would lead someone to believe something that simply isn't true.

Chris
08-16-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm positive Obama has ignored the entire thing. Some idiotic politicians from both sides haven't. But the OP certainly would lead someone to believe something that simply isn't true.

Some idiotic politicians from both sides haven't.

I think it would make a positive contribution to the thread if you could post links to those politicians. All we have so far is a clown saying the whole thing is silly and another saying it's racist. Would love to see what the "real" clowns, er, pols are saying. Could you help?

Ravi
08-16-2013, 11:53 AM
No, but you are free to google.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Your postings indicate that. And just for the record, I live in an urban shithole myself but I don't allow myself to compromise on my Conservatism.

I don't live in an Urban Shit-Hole ... because I have a choice where I life. If you live in an Urban Shit-Hole ... obviously something is preventing you from packing your shit and moving ... just like hundreds of thousands of other people you look down on. :wink:

Cigar
08-16-2013, 11:59 AM
I think it would make a positive contribution to the thread if you could post links to those politicians. All we have so far is a clown saying the whole thing is silly and another saying it's racist. Would love to see what the "real" clowns, er, pols are saying. Could you help?

Yea ... let's just pretend it's all normal humor ... that all.

Just remember ... humor can go both ways. So don't get mad when someone else cracks a funny, Red Nose or not.

bladimz
08-16-2013, 12:06 PM
It is possible for me to agree with you. Gov. Palin ignores Bill "Twat" Maher. President Bush ignores most of the idiotic liberal clowns. But, for a narcissistic nitwit and his Myrmidons ignoring isn't an option.That's former semi-gov. Palin, but it's well that she does ignore him. Former President Bush is smart to ignore those who publically use the same sophomoric actions to mock him.

I'm not sure where the perception that he is a narcissist comes from. And "nitwit" could be applied to any president that you don't like, so that's subjective.

As a matter of fact, The White House and Obama have not acknowledged the clown act at all.

Chris
08-16-2013, 12:10 PM
LOL, I can see why there's reluctance on the part of some to report what the "real" clowns, er, pols are saying:

The White House reaction: Obama rodeo clown not one of Missouri's "finer moments," W.H. says (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57598571/obama-rodeo-clown-not-one-of-missouris-finer-moments-w.h-says/). Over something silly?

WaPo plays the racist card as well: Obama rodeo clown incident illustrates nation’s continued racial divide (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-rodeo-clown-incident-illustrates-nations-continued-racial-divide/2013/08/15/8da23cf0-05b8-11e3-88d6-d5795fab4637_story.html). Over something silly?

And NAACP ripped for demanding federal probe of rodeo clown dressed as Obama (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/15/calls-for-federal-probe-into-missouri-rodeo-clown-are-contrived-anger-critics/#ixzz2c9X9kcIj). Over something silly?

Is rodeo clown satire now banned under Obama? (http://rt.com/op-edge/obama-mask-rodeo-clown-racism-532/) says the clown's been fired. Over something silly?

And the usual demand: After Obama-mocking rodeo clown, Missouri fair requires 'sensitivity training' (http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/politics/missouri-rodeo-clowns-sensitivity-training-obama-clown). Over something silly?

And the Rep reaction? Rep. Stockman invites Obama rodeo clown to perform in Texas (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/08/14/steve-stockman-invites-obama-rodeo-clown-to-perform-in-texas/):

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Tex.) says that the unidentified rodeo clown and his colleagues have been unfairly targeted by liberals “to create a climate of fear.” He invited them to come perform at a fair in his southeastern Texas district instead.
“Liberals want to bronco bust dissent. But Texans value speech, even if its speech they don’t agree with,” Stockman said in a statement issued by his office Wednesday. “From Molly Ivins to Louie Gohmert and every opinion between Texans value free and open political speech. I’m sure any rodeo in Texas would be proud to have performers.”

Free speech, how silly!

Ravi
08-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the selective quoting to prove the false point of the OP. I knew you could do it.

Cigar
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Don't like what you see when someone holds a mirror to your face?

Chris
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the selective quoting to prove the false point of the OP. I knew you could do it.

Nice false accusation there, marie, but took the first 6 hits googled as you suggested.

Chloe
08-16-2013, 09:27 PM
It was definitely in poor taste in my opinion but I do think that some of the focus on it is a bit overboard.

patrickt
08-17-2013, 09:12 AM
It was definitely in poor taste in my opinion but I do think that some of the focus on it is a bit overboard.

If poor taste were a criminal offense as some liberals claim then Bill Maher, Piers Morgan, Lena Dunham, Al Sharpton, Ed Schulz, Sen. Reid, and Rep. Pelosi would all be in jail.

But it is nice after years of phony scandals to have a real scandal that the liberal media can sink their teeth into. Hey, NBC, how many people died because of Tuffy's skit? Fast and Furious and Behghazi, phony scandals according to the King, actually killed and one is still killing people. The IRS scandal just made people wish they were dead and they haven't quit making people wish they were dead yet. Now the NSA scandal hasn't killed anyone, yet, but Snowden is still on the run.

Chris
08-17-2013, 09:15 AM

Reread the OP, or the full piece at the link, a clown is talking about how this is just standard clown stuff, he'd done it with every president. As patrick points out commedians of all sorts have done this.

No, what I see here is liberals looking for any excuse to play the race card, that's the real story.

Chloe
08-17-2013, 09:18 AM
Reread the OP, or the full piece at the link, a clown is talking about how this is just standard clown stuff, he'd done it with every president. As patrick points out commedians of all sorts have done this.

No, what I see here is liberals looking for any excuse to play the race card, that's the real story.

But I'm not playing the race card or anything like that or agreeing with the outrage. I just think using a presidents face like that is a little bit in bad taste that's all. I understand that it's meant to be funny but I just think that there are others ways to do it.

GrassrootsConservative
08-17-2013, 09:25 AM
The left is a bunch of hypocrites. During the last election they made an ad that featured someone acting as Paul Ryan pushing an old lady in a wheelchair off a cliff. But a clown pretending to be Obama getting attacked by bulls? Outrage. All kinds of faux outrage. As if they care about that inept empty suit. As if they care about anything but their stupid checks and their Obamaphones.

Agravan
08-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Bush Rodeo Clown Mask Fine, But Obama
Rodeo Clown Mask Banned
A Bush rodeo clown mask worn in the mid-1990s is shedding light on the politically incorrect nature
of rodeo clowns and standing out to some as an example as a double standard.
The story stems from a controversy that arose last week at the Missouri State Fair when a clown
performing wore an Obama mask. An announcer asked the crowd if they wanted to see the “Obama
run down by a bull,” eliciting cheers and excitement.
A spectator said the announcer mentioned the mask
dozens of times, drawing the crowd into a frenzy that he
compared to a KKK rally.
The comments and the mask drew an outcry, and even Lt.
Governor Peter Kinder spoke out, calling the incident
disrespectful and saying “we are better than this.”
Officials at the state fair admitted that the Obama rodeo
mask was inappropriate.
“We strive to be a family friendly event and regret that
Saturday’s rodeo badly missed that mark,” a spokesperson
said.
But the Washington Examiner dug up another case of
political incorrectness that didn’t generate so much
controversy. In 1994, a George H.W. Bush rodeo clown
mask showed up at a rodeo, poking fun at the 41st
President of the United States.
The account, which came from Philadelphia Inquirer reporter Douglas A. Campbell, described a
Bush rodeo clown mask on the human target that drew bulls away from thrown riders.
The story read:
“The crowd cheered. Then the bull saw the George Bush dummy. He tore into it, sending the rubber
mask flying halfway across the sand as he turned toward the fence, sending cowboys scrambling up
the fence rails, hooking one with his horn and tossing him off the fence.”
Not everyone is buying into the current controversy. Texas Congressman Steve Stockman invited
the Obama rodeo clown to perform anywhere in his state.
“Liberals want to bronco-bust dissent. But Texans value speech, even if it’s speech they don’t agree
with,” Stockman said. “From Molly Ivins to Louie Gohmert and every opinion between, Texans value
free and open political speech.”
Stockman had no comment on the Bush rodo clown mask.

http://www.inquisitr.com/905582/bush-rodeo-clown-mask-fine-but-obama-rodeo-clown-mask-banned/

Chris
08-17-2013, 09:31 AM
But I'm not playing the race card or anything like that or agreeing with the outrage. I just think using a presidents face like that is a little bit in bad taste that's all. I understand that it's meant to be funny but I just think that there are others ways to do it.

No, not saying you're a race-card playing liberal progressive at all.

People trick or treat with Obama masks.

This is funny too:

http://i.snag.gy/hOFbx.jpg

Chloe
08-17-2013, 09:37 AM
No, not saying you're a race-card playing liberal progressive at all.

People trick or treat with Obama masks.

This is funny too:

http://i.snag.gy/hOFbx.jpg

Fair point i guess that's true that they have Halloween masks of presidents for people to wear and stuff. I guess it's just the difference between wearing a mask to get candy with vs a mask that represents a president running for his life from a bull. I guess I see your point though.

Chris
08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Fair point i guess that's true that they have Halloween masks of presidents for people to wear and stuff. I guess it's just the difference between wearing a mask to get candy with vs a mask that represents a president running for his life from a bull. I guess I see your point though.

And I see yours it is a bit disrespectful of the office, but we've had a number of presidents who have disrespected it, and it is just in fun. Seriously!

Chris
08-18-2013, 09:13 AM
The 'clown controversy' is further evidence that the left is freaking out (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/08/the_clown_controversy_is_further_evidence_that_the _left_is_freaking_out.html)

By any political "humor standard," the clown incident was rather lame. It wouldn't make any Top 10 list.

I remember David Frye doing Nixon, Chevy Chase mocking Ford, the SNL bits on Reagan, Bush, Bush & Romney. What about Palin?

Political humor is a good thing. The clown with the Obama mask doesn't come close to any of that humor.

So why is the left so whiny? What's the big deal about "a clown being clownish" by wearing the president's mask?

The answer is this:

1) The left loves to attack but gets whiny when you give them a taste of their own medicine....

2) The left is getting it that President Obama is failing and failing big....

3) The left knows that 2014 will be very tough.

4) The Obama foreign policy is a mess, and that's being charitable....

So that's why the left is beating up on some poor clown in Missouri. The left is freaking out over a clown and that speaks volumes about their fears that "hope and change" is falling apart.

junie
08-18-2013, 10:05 AM

Chris
08-18-2013, 10:07 AM
http://i.snag.gy/e52YH.jpg

Ravi
08-18-2013, 10:24 AM
LOL! I didn't realize the Miss State fair was a bastion of liberalism, but I've read on the internet that the left is freaking out over this so it must be true.

Trinnity
08-18-2013, 10:41 AM
The best thing the president, his wife, his friends and associates could do is just ignore whole thing.It was extremely sophomoric, meant to draw laughter from an anti-Obama audience. Move along. Nothing to see here.The best thing he could have done was to address it, and say something like "oh come on folks, it was just humor. I'm a grown man and can take some ribbing. Now stop persecuting this guy and let's just all calm down. That man needs his job just like everyone else".Did you know the governor, Lt gov, and both senators apologized to obobo?
It's A Rodeo Clown, People, And Clowns Too Have Rights

You'd think by the policies they promote and the candidates they support that progressives would have a better sense of humor. Rodeo clowns have been making fun of presidents for decades. Has everyone forgotten the incident at a Philadelphia rodeo in 1994, where a clown used a dummy with a George H.W. Bush mask to taunt a bull that subsequently impaled the dummy and sent the mask flying? No one was fired. But now, the screaming has begun from the progressive lynch mob over a rodeo clown in Missouri doing the same thing wearing an Obama mask. These incidents may be in bad taste, but it's what freedom entails. People, he is a rodeo clown. C-L-O-W-N.

The right to criticize our government and the right to do and say dumb things are part of the individual freedoms preserved by our Constitution and endowed by our creator. Benjamin Franklin once said, "Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech." Similarly, George Washington once wrote, "If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." There was no clamor from progressives to fire anyone when a George W. Bush mask appeared on an impaled head clearly shown in a scene from the "Game of Thrones" on HBO.

There are far more important issues out there: The ObamaCare train wreck, a resurgent al-Qaida, increased global instability, the rise of Islamic extremism, the birth of a nuclear Iran, a jobless recovery, only 47% of the employed having full-time jobs, 47 million Americans in poverty, a $16.7 trillion deficit, the worst recovery in U.S. history, Bill Maher, Al Sharpton and Chris Matthews all getting paid to be on television, people actually watching "The View" ... .Does the rodeo clown incident really deserve this much attention? Probably not. It probably would have been enough to paint ObamaCare on the side of any bull. But then, that would be less like satire and more like the truth. And believe me, after seeing your new health insurance premiums, there'll be nothing funny about that. Problem is, you can't saddle up a bait and switch.

Progressives and the mainstream media would rather focus on anything but the dismal record or the "phony" scandals of this administration. They'll use any incident to solicit sympathy for this administration and to distract us from its failed policies.And personal invective is never enough. Someone always has to lose his or her job — unless, of course, he or she is a fellow progressive or a government worker. Then you're violating their constitutional rights. That's an essential part of the progressive code of intolerance.It all makes you wonder: Who really are the clowns here?
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-perspective/081613-667886-even-clowns-have-the-right-to-criticize-government.htm#ixzz2cKnTk7AM

NAACP state head: Missouri rodeo clown committed a ‘hate crime’ by wearing Obama mask http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/16/naacp-state-head-missouri-rodeo-clown-committed-hate-crime/#ixzz2cKn6UGd5Really? REALLY??? This is what race baiting has come to?
http://static.televisionando.it/televisionando/fotogallery/625X0/48745/barack-obama-maschera.jpg
Big deal. <not>

Trinnity
08-18-2013, 10:45 AM
But I'm not playing the race card or anything like that or agreeing with the outrage. I just think using a presidents face like that is a little bit in bad taste that's all. I understand that it's meant to be funny but I just think that there are others ways to do it.You've been properly groomed to condone and promote the progressive agenda of self censorship called political correctness, and don't even realize it. Your liberal teachers would be so proud.

Chloe
08-18-2013, 10:51 AM
You've been properly groomed to condone and promote the progressive agenda of self censorship called political correctness, and don't even realize it. Your liberal teachers would be so proud.

ok but I don't agree with the outrage. I don't think that it's a hate crime or a threat or anything like that and i know that it was meant to be funny. I just think it's in poor taste to use a presidents face like that.

Trinnity
08-18-2013, 10:53 AM
ok but I don't agree with the outrage. I don't think that it's a hate crime or a threat or anything like that and i know that it was meant to be funny. I just think it's in poor taste to use a presidents face like that.Fair enough.

GrassrootsConservative
08-18-2013, 11:00 AM
LOL! I didn't realize the Miss State fair was a bastion of liberalism, but I've read on the internet that the left is freaking out over this so it must be true.

Because everything you read on the internet is true?

Carlsen
08-18-2013, 11:10 AM
THIS I S NOT FUNNY. PRESIIDENT OBAMA H E IS GOOD PERSON :(
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/small/1208/obama-clown-oama-politics-1344662758.png

THIS IT IS FUNNY :)
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/politicians-funny-16.jpg?w=500

Chris
08-18-2013, 11:11 AM
PRESIIDENT OBAMA H E IS GOOD PERSON

Are you saying you know him personally to say that?

patrickt
08-18-2013, 12:34 PM
That's former semi-gov. Palin, but it's well that she does ignore him. Former President Bush is smart to ignore those who publically use the same sophomoric actions to mock him.

I'm not sure where the perception that he is a narcissist comes from. And "nitwit" could be applied to any president that you don't like, so that's subjective.

As a matter of fact, The White House and Obama have not acknowledged the clown act at all.

So, I suppose it's also former semi-President Carter and former semi-President Clinton and former-semi every politician with whom you've disagreed. I forgot that part when I called her Gov. Palin as I would call Sen. Hillary Clinton Sen. Hillary Clinton and not former semi-Senator Hillary Clinton. Your smarmy comment fails in so many ways. She is Gov. Palin and Bill Maher is dickhead.

As for nitwit. A man running for president who doesn't know how many states we have? Not the brightest bulb in the lamp. And to get a vice president who didn't over-shadow him he had to go all the way down to Sen. Joe Biden, and that's not former semi-Senator Biden, Bald. President Obama is so bright is handlers get all wee-weed up when he tries to talk without a teleprompter or lip-synching.