PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood Settles Lawsuits

patrickt
08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
"LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - In a lawsuit which alleges workers at a Lufkin Planned Parenthood clinic frauded Medicaid for millions of dollars over a six year-period, the company has agreed to pay $4.3 million to the government as part of a settlement. Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast will also pay a whistleblower $1,247,000.

"The whistleblower, Karen Reynolds, worked at the Lufkin clinic from 1999 to 2009 and, according to the complaint filed by her attorney Mike Love, was fired for refusing to help cover up the company's liability for the distribution of pharmaceuticals to a patient by an unauthorized employee."
http://www.ktre.com/story/23155216/planned-parenthood-pays-43m-to-settle-allegations-of-unnecessary-care

I guess the taxpayer monies they got legally just weren't enough for them.

"The complaint alleges PPGC billed and was paid by Texas Medicaid, Title XX and the Women's Health Program for certain items and services which were not necessary, like birth control counselling, STD testing and contraceptives when they were not necessary. The complaint also alleges workers were instructed to hide literature relating to abortion procedures and abortion counselling during audit inspections conducted by federal regulators who were verifying compliance with Title X funding."

Actually, I was shocked that the current administration didn't drop the lawsuit and require the State of Texas to pay Planned Parenthood $4,000,000.

roadmaster
08-17-2013, 10:39 AM
Planned Parenthood has always hidden things and a hospitals worst nightmare. They don't take responsibility when things go wrong and it happens more than people think. It's all about the money to them. If they went by procedure, made sure everything was sterilized for each woman, supplied IUD's so many wouldn't have to use them again, rubbers of quality, good birth control pills, not the ones they know will fail, then we would see a decline of abortions. Give them literature on STDs and how to prevent getting or spreading it. I disagree with the STD testing because many don't know they have it. Prevention is the best way. We can't prevent people from having sex but at least help them instead of setting them up for failure.

jillian
08-17-2013, 01:01 PM
"LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - In a lawsuit which alleges workers at a Lufkin Planned Parenthood clinic frauded Medicaid for millions of dollars over a six year-period, the company has agreed to pay $4.3 million to the government as part of a settlement. Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast will also pay a whistleblower $1,247,000.

"The whistleblower, Karen Reynolds, worked at the Lufkin clinic from 1999 to 2009 and, according to the complaint filed by her attorney Mike Love, was fired for refusing to help cover up the company's liability for the distribution of pharmaceuticals to a patient by an unauthorized employee."
http://www.ktre.com/story/23155216/planned-parenthood-pays-43m-to-settle-allegations-of-unnecessary-care

I guess the taxpayer monies they got legally just weren't enough for them.

"The complaint alleges PPGC billed and was paid by Texas Medicaid, Title XX and the Women's Health Program for certain items and services which were not necessary, like birth control counselling, STD testing and contraceptives when they were not necessary. The complaint also alleges workers were instructed to hide literature relating to abortion procedures and abortion counselling during audit inspections conducted by federal regulators who were verifying compliance with Title X funding."

Actually, I was shocked that the current administration didn't drop the lawsuit and require the State of Texas to pay Planned Parenthood $4,000,000.

the word is DE-frauded, not frauded. and allegedly an unauthorized employee gave meds. it wasn't illegal billing.

and who decides when birth control counseling and birth control are "necessary"?

but whatever

Mainecoons
08-17-2013, 05:06 PM
GUILTY!

Gosh, I just can't understand how this happened since we all know, having been assured by the liberals here, that there is no fraud in these government programs. Particularly Medicaid.

Whoops, these liberals apparently haven't gotten the message:

Both of these programs are essential in caring for our fellow compatriots. However they have often been compromised due to health care fraud. Medicare fraud in particular is pervasive, robbing an estimated $60 billion each year from our older adults and taxpayers. - See more at: http://www.nhcoa.org/blog/the-48-anniversary-of-medicare-and-medicaid/#sthash.BTuWSzG2.dpuf

:grin: