PDA

View Full Version : Again the loving religion of Islam display their acceptance of others.

killianr1
08-19-2013, 09:46 AM
The Coptic Orthodox church had just opened in April after 13 years of construction, in a country where the government strictly curtails building permits for churches. Now, its elaborate dome stands above a ruined, charred interior. The walls are blackened and rubble litters the floor. A picture of Jesus is half burned, the charred edges curling where they were licked by flames.
“The religion of God is Islam,” reads graffiti sprayed in yellow on a wall of the church. Three burned out cars, one of them upside down, rest in the courtyard. Next to the gate, sprayed in black, is another phrase: “Victory or martyrdom.”
The Saint Virgin Mary church in Al Nazla is one of 47 churches and monasteries that have been burned, robbed, or attacked since Aug. 14 in a wave of violence against Christians since the brutal police crackdown on the former president's supporters, according to Ishak Ibrahim of the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights. He adds that dozens of Christian schools, other religious buildings, homes and shops have also been attacked and burned, and seven Christians killed. Police have done little to stop the attacks.
The victims say the attackers are Morsi supporters angered by the deaths in Cairo, and spurred on by Islamist rhetoric blaming Christians for Morsi's ouster. The attacks are a realization of the long-held fears of many Christians and have prompted deep worry about widening religious violence in Egypt
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2013/0818/In-Egyptian-village-Christian-shops-marked-ahead-of-church-attack-video

Mainecoons
08-19-2013, 10:04 AM
You know, I get a laugh out of these liberals around here who whine constantly about the nasty neo-cons trying to take away their personal "freedom" to kill the unborn, to venerate sexual perversion, and so on. In the mean time, since they've aborted and birth controlled themselves to the birth rate that no civilization has ever survived, the Muslims are busy having children and spreading like wildfire. In short order, tomorrow's leftist whiners are going to find out what people who really want to take away all freedoms really look like and how they operate.

Singularity
08-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Egypt is pretty fucked right now. That's what this situation represents.

It does not open a line of attack to all Muslims everywhere,

anymore than civil strife in sub-Saharan Africa reflects poorly on black people here.

killianr1
08-19-2013, 03:00 PM
No, not a line of attack to Muslims everywhere, but to those in Egypt who are targeting Christians. Just like Kristallnacht not all the Germans were bad just the Nazi's.

Mainecoons
08-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Egypt is pretty fucked right now. That's what this situation represents.

It does not open a line of attack to all Muslims everywhere,

anymore than civil strife in sub-Saharan Africa reflects poorly on black people here.

You think Egypt is the only place Muslims have been physically attacking other religions?

Here's just from October of 2001.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/ChristianAttacks.htm

Wise up, joker.

Chris
08-19-2013, 05:01 PM
No, not a line of attack to Muslims everywhere, but to those in Egypt who are targeting Christians. Just like Kristallnacht not all the Germans were bad just the Nazi's.

Agree, a small number of people do not represent all of a religion.

Peter1469
08-19-2013, 06:26 PM

The Muslim Brotherhood allied itself with the Nazis. So did the Baath party in Iraq and Syria

ptif219
08-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Where is Obama? Notice Obama complained about the military but says nothing about his Terrorist buddies the Muslim brotherhood attacking Christians and christian Churches.

Fox news says it has been many not just one including schools and christian business and Christian homes..

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/08/19/muslim-brotherhood-wages-war-on-christians/

Copts whose church was one of dozens destroyed by Muslim Brotherhood supporters have returned to the charred house of worship, with their pastor vowing the violence suffered by his flock will make them "better Christians."
"This will learn us to be better Christians," said Pastor Sameh Ibrahim of a torched congregation in Minya, the capital of Minya Governorate in Upper Egypt, where some 14 churches were reportedly attacked in recent days.

Across Egypt, at least 60 churches have been targeted, along with Christian schools, homes,businesses and even an orphanage, according to conservative estimates. In the areas of Minya, Beni Suef, Fayoum and Assiut, Christian homes and businesses have received leaflets warning them to leave or face reprisals by Islamists, Christians said.

Christian homes and businesses in Minya have reportedly been marked with black X's to single them out for attack.
Another pastor in the area shares his concerns. "We live in our church, so when someone attacks out congregation, it's as if our house is being attacked," said Pastor John Amin of the Meni Mazar church in published remarks.

"Our children are afraid," he added.
As violence envelops Egypt, Christians are paying a heavy price with scores of their most sacred buildings and monuments being systematically destroyed by members of the Muslim Brotherhood in what one Coptic leader called an attempt at ethnic cleansing.

Chris
08-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Obama is golfing last I heard.

ptif219
08-19-2013, 10:02 PM
Obama is golfing last I heard.

No he is back still blaming GOP for his lack of leadership

mogur
08-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Obummer is on vacation. He has spent so much time on vacation, that it defies imagination. Unless, of course, your imagination is totally out of whack. Obama has in five years, spent 92 days on vacation.

President Obama was on vacation for 26 days (http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/) during his first year in office (2009). Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office. President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents.
No President since Reagan was on vacation less than Bill Clinton. Presidents Clinton and Carter vacationed the least of any of the last seven chief executives.

Suck my ass, regressives, Obama may not be my cup of tea, but he isn't your idea of a lazy lefty. Try again.

Chris
08-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Obummer is on vacation. He has spent so much time on vacation, that it defies imagination. Unless, of course, your imagination is totally out of whack. Obama has in five years, spent 92 days on vacation.

President Obama was on vacation for 26 days (http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/) during his first year in office (2009). Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office. President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents.
No President since Reagan was on vacation less than Bill Clinton. Presidents Clinton and Carter vacationed the least of any of the last seven chief executives.

Suck my ass, regressives, Obama may not be my cup of tea, but he isn't your idea of a lazy lefty. Try again.

Oh, my, such foul language.

Frankly, I would prefer Obama take more vacation, a permanent one in fact.

Congress too.

What's a regressive?

mogur
08-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Oh, my, such foul language.

Frankly, I would prefer Obama take more vacation, a permanent one in fact.

Congress too.

What's a regressive?

A regressive is whoever you chose to be. You know yourself. Against fire, the wheel, the car, the round earth, the heliocentric solar system, newtonian physics, darwinian evolution, einsteinian relativity, quantum mechanics, plate tetonics, and by your own definition, your signature anti-progressive assumption is in the belief that almost every climate scientist on the face of the earth is a left wing, greedy charlatan that is lying for government fund money... because everyone knows that every government in the world is a manipulative, left-wing tyranny that is out to cause the destruction of modern civilization. Only makes sense. I mean by that, it only makes sense to you.