PDA

View Full Version : Obama DOJ Asks Court to Grant Immunity to George W. Bush For Iraq War

Cigar
08-21-2013, 11:40 AM
So while the DoJ was in court today defending Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice and Wolfowitz ... Bradley Manning was getting 35 years

"The DOJ claims that in planning and waging the Iraq War, ex-President Bush and key members of his Administration were acting within the legitimate scope of their employment and are thus immune from suit,” ...

snip

“We do not see how a Westfall Act certification is appropriate given that Ms. Saleh alleges that the conduct at issue began prior to these defendants even entering into office. I think the Nuremberg prosecutors, particularly American Chief Prosecutor Robert Jackson, would be surprised to learn that planning a war of aggression at a private non-profit, misleading a fearful public, and foregoing proper legal authorization somehow constitute lawful employment duties for the American president and his or her cabinet.”

snip

http://warisacrime.org/content/obama-doj-asks-court-grant-immunity-george-w-bush-iraq-war

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/2013/130821-justice.jpg

keymanjim
08-21-2013, 11:50 AM
So, how does that make you feel? Suicidal?

Cigar
08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
So, how does that make you feel? Suicidal?

Is my so called community responsible to treason now?

zelmo1234
08-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Well that is good being the people on your list acted under the authority of 2 congressional acts and 3 UN resolutions.

The other gave classified material to a gossip column

However the Bamster has no such protection with his actions in Lybia

keymanjim
08-21-2013, 12:20 PM
I see a brother and sister in that group. Are you sure you don't want to be labeled a racist for prosecuting them?

Cigar
08-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Well that is good being the people on your list acted under the authority of 2 congressional acts and 3 UN resolutions.

Based on Flawed Data and outright Lies ... we all know that to be a FACT NOW!

Cigar
08-21-2013, 01:19 PM
I see a brother and sister in that group. Are you sure you don't want to be labeled a racist for prosecuting them?

The both Lied ... does the color of someones skin matter?

Ransom
08-21-2013, 02:24 PM

And the Senator who funded the Iraq War...and then when became President followed the Bush Status of Forces Agreement to the tee........

....received Cigar's vote twice meaning Cigar isn't outraged over this war nor thinks anyone who voted for or facilitated should be hald to account. This is more hypocrisy and hacksmanship by our resident amateur hack.

Hi Cigar, this is a major oops on your part....and you're too naive to even know that. Few define themselves like you do. Sheer entertainment.

Ransom
08-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Based on Flawed Data and outright Lies ... we all know that to be a FACT NOW!

You think you know, you've been told what to think...and you're dead wrong. Clueless and easily proven so.

keymanjim
08-21-2013, 02:32 PM
The both Lied ... does the color of someones skin matter?
You tell me.

Cigar
08-21-2013, 02:34 PM
You tell me.

I like Powell ... do you?

keymanjim
08-21-2013, 02:51 PM
I like Powell ... do you?
He's all right. Like anyone, he has his faults.

Now, Condi. She would make an excellent President.

jillian
08-21-2013, 04:00 PM

based on lies about what the intel contained...

and then they violated the congressional resolution.

and deposed a sovereign leader and started a 10 year long war for no reason.

PRESIDENT OBAMA (since you seem to be having trouble with the concept) didn't depose the sovereign leader of libya, did he?

so i'm not quite sure what you're talking about other than to defect from the thread topic.

and the UN, since you're so worried about its resolutions, DIDN'T APPROVE DEPOSING SADDAM HUSSEIN OR OCCUPYING IRAQ.

imagine that.

Ransom
08-21-2013, 04:07 PM
based on lies about what the intel contained...

No link per usual because it's you who is lying.

and then they violated the congressional resolution.

Link please.

The Congress itself gave the reasons in it's authorization, you aren't aware so make remarks that are wrong. Like this one.

PRESIDENT OBAMA (since you seem to be having trouble with the concept) didn't depose the sovereign leader of libya, did he?

Had both direct and indirect influence on Libya and Egypt's regimes toppling. Again, you have to be paying attention and you're not.

so i'm not quite sure what you're talking about other than to defect from the thread topic.

Standard operating procedures on these threads, you're normally about the most clueless. Cigar sometimes...but you are the champ.

and the UN, since you're so worried about its resolutions, DIDN'T APPROVE DEPOSING SADDAM HUSSEIN OR OCCUPYING IRAQ.

But declared the US and British occupying authorities 6 months after invasion, the UN has never approved US military action and we don't wait on Un approval.

imagine that.

i don't have to imagine, I know what I'm talking about. And it's obvious you don't...thus no links...thus no one believes you. Standard Op Procedures.

jillian
08-21-2013, 04:10 PM
*yawn*

i told you. i'm not going to educate your neocon butt. these are things that are proven over and over and over again.

except to people who only watch fauxnews.

and keep your insults to yourself. we think you're pretty laughable.

Ransom
08-21-2013, 04:22 PM
*yawn*

i told you. i'm not going to educate your neocon butt. these are things that are proven over and over and over again.

except to people who only watch fauxnews.

and keep your insults to yourself. we think you're pretty laughable.

You and I both know why your false accusations and cluelessness always come without links or foundation, Jillian. It's because you're full of shit and thanks to me...everyone in here knows that. Moving on.

jillian
08-21-2013, 04:25 PM
You and I both know why your false accusations and cluelessness always come without links or foundation, Jillian. It's because you're full of shit and thanks to me...everyone in here knows that. Moving on.

awwww,,,,, poor baby

keep on going with the insults. it's cool. but don't whine, stamp your feet and report people when you get them back.

you haven't said a civil word to anyone who disagrees with you since i've been here. why on earth would i bother?

no matter how much you stamp your feet, do @ whatever callouts, or throw around your idiotic assertions, we still laugh our butts off at your posts.

capice?

Ransom
08-21-2013, 04:40 PM
awwww,,,,, poor baby

keep on going with the insults. it's cool. but don't whine, stamp your feet and report people when you get them back.

you haven't said a civil word to anyone who disagrees with you since i've been here. why on earth would i bother?

no matter how much you stamp your feet, do @ whatever callouts, or throw around your idiotic assertions, we still laugh our butts off at your posts.

capice?

Distractions won't work, Jillian, we're not going to see a link for any of your bullshit you threw out in here...because it's just that...bullshit. You know it, I know it, this entire forum knows why you cannot link or back up any of your idiocy in here. You're a fake and a fraud........and thanks to me everyone is aware of that. moving on.

Ransom
08-21-2013, 04:46 PM

Whereas Iraq both poses a continuing threat to the national security of
the United States and international peace and security in the
Persian Gulf region and remains in material and unacceptable breach
of its international obligations by, among other things, continuing
to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons
capability, actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability, and
supporting and harboring terrorist organizations;

Whereas in Public Law 105-235 (August 14, 1998), Congress concluded that
Iraq's continuing weapons of mass destruction programs threatened
vital United States interests and international peace and security,
declared Iraq to be in ``material and unacceptable breach of its
international obligations'' and urged the President ``to take
appropriate action, in accordance with the Constitution and relevant
laws of the United States, to bring Iraq into compliance with its
international obligations'';

See how Ransom actually links and shows the forum what Congress' conclusions...in 1998 were.....August 14 to be exact.......Jillian too clueless to remind everyone.....so I will....George Bush on August 14, 1998 was the Governor of Texas. It is Jillian the clueless liberal who is lying her ass off here, the reason she cannot link to anything she asserts....and why she's one of our forum jokes.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-107publ243/html/PLAW-107publ243.htm

Note who will use links to show you reality and what was really going on....and who bullshits away without a f'n clue what she's blabbering on about.

Peter1469
08-21-2013, 06:19 PM
So while the DoJ was in court today defending Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice and Wolfowitz ... Bradley Manning was getting 35 years

"The DOJ claims that in planning and waging the Iraq War, ex-President Bush and key members of his Administration were acting within the legitimate scope of their employment and are thus immune from suit,” ...

snip

“We do not see how a Westfall Act certification is appropriate given that Ms. Saleh alleges that the conduct at issue began prior to these defendants even entering into office. I think the Nuremberg prosecutors, particularly American Chief Prosecutor Robert Jackson, would be surprised to learn that planning a war of aggression at a private non-profit, misleading a fearful public, and foregoing proper legal authorization somehow constitute lawful employment duties for the American president and his or her cabinet.”

snip

http://warisacrime.org/content/obama-doj-asks-court-grant-immunity-george-w-bush-iraq-war

Bush et al are legally protected by sovereign immunity.

GrassrootsConservative
08-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Sigh. A lying, scamming, thieving, taxing, spending, regulating, and scandalous Liberal warmonger president attempts to grant immunity to another lying, scamming, thieving, taxing, spending, regulating, and scandalous Liberal warmonger who used to be president.

What else is there to say? They should BOTH be behind bars.

Peter1469
08-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Sigh. A lying, scamming, thieving, taxing, spending, regulating, and scandalous Liberal warmonger president attempts to grant immunity to another lying, scamming, thieving, taxing, spending, regulating, and scandalous Liberal warmonger who used to be president.

What else is there to say? They should BOTH be behind bars.

Never going to happen.

GrassrootsConservative
08-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Well duh.

Ransom
08-22-2013, 08:09 AM
And presto....Jillian and like libs disappear. When you bring facts to the table, they scatter. Lights go on....and they scatter...that fact defines our forum here nicely.

"Iraq's refusal to cooperate with U.N. weapons inspectors presents a threat to the entire world. Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons."

"Earlier today I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces."

"Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors."

"In halting our airstrikes in November, I gave Saddam a chance -- not a license. If we turn our backs on his defiance, the credibility of U.S. power as a check against Saddam will be destroyed"

jillian will get a link at the end of this post proving I don't make the facts up, this is easily researched actual United States History. That a Cigar has absolutely no knowledge of. That a Common has never been shown. Even a Peter1469 probably isn't aware of. I'll bet your nic34s and your Marie's have no clue as well.

See the halting airstrikes in November comment from the President? Meaning we had been engaged in open warfare with Iraq...enforcing no fly zones, enforcing sanction, enforcing blockade, this had gone on since the end of the Gulf War. These quotes I list above were given by the US President on December 16th, 1998. President Bill Clinton announcing the beginning of Operation Desert Fox, a days long intense bombing campaign with a specific mission "to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors" and I am quoting the President again Jillian....I'm not making this up.

I have already given you the Congressional Authority given to President Clinton to carry out military strikes, our Congress and the President......while George W. Bush was the Governor of Texas mind you...were carrying out intensive bombing campaigns and military strikes targeting specifically the wmds in Iraq.

Suddenly a Republican President is elected, and there are no more wmds in Iraq. Those that belive that are now "liars."

You people will need a better game with Ransom lurking. The facts tell a mush different story than the ones you're telling. Why is that? Who informs you on a daily basis? Who leads you by the nose into typing mistake after mistake onto these pages concerning the Iraq War. I know it's Rachael and Chris for many of you, who else infects your minds?

Cigar
08-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Most of us are tired of War

http://peterwestphoto.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/arlington-national-cemetery-618jdf0425102.jpg

Ransom
08-22-2013, 08:13 AM
http://www.cnn.com/US/9812/16/clinton.iraq.speech/

Almost forgot my link Jillian!!!! What would people think of me if I was quoting others and using their actual statements without providing context and proper foundation?

Note the military buildup as well.

There are 15 U.S. warships and 97 U.S. aircraft in the Persian Gulf region, including about 70 aboard the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise. More than 12,000 sailors and Marines are in the region.
U.S. sources said eight of the warships, equipped with cruise missiles, have been moved into the northern part of the Gulf, within easy striking distance of Baghdad. More troops and jets have been ordered to the region.
More than 300 cruise missiles are available for use against Iraq, and there are air-launched cruise missiles aboard 14 B-52 bombers on the British island of Diego Garcia (http://thepoliticalforums.com/chagos.diego.garcia.jpg), sources said.
Britain has 22 strike aircraft in the region.

Ransom
08-22-2013, 08:15 AM
Most of us are tired of War

http://peterwestphoto.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/arlington-national-cemetery-618jdf0425102.jpg

But that most doesn't include your President.....or Susan Rice who you told me made drone strike decisions.

But know this, NONE of you are going to argue these facts, Cigar....that you were f'n wholesale unaware of.

You're welcome. Tuition check coming, Student. Consider yourself smoked.

Cigar
08-22-2013, 08:20 AM
But that most doesn't include your President.....or Susan Rice who you told me made drone strike decisions.

But know this, NONE of you are going to argue these facts, Cigar....that you were f'n wholesale unaware of.

You're welcome. Tuition check coming, Student. Consider yourself smoked.

Nice try ... most Liberal/Progressives I know think the President hasn't operated fast enough to get the US out of this quagmire.

At this point I don't give a fork who started the War or who continued the War ... I'm more concerned with the Person who Ends the War.

Ransom
08-22-2013, 08:42 AM
Now.....all those mentioned....go back and look at Osama Bin Laden's actual and formal declaration of war against the United States. His calling for Muslims to kill Americans wherever they can, the Jihad that continues even today. Read what he and the other leaders al-Qaeda and Islamists wrote, he spells out specifically why we are being targeted. Why the USS Cole was attacked. Why a string of attacks occurred that eventually led to 9-11-01.

Learning can be fun.

Ransom
08-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Nice try ... most Liberal/Progressives I know think the President hasn't operated fast enough to get the US out of this quagmire.

The President surged in Afghanistan, Cigar. And still has 60,000 troops there today. Right now. The prison at Gitmo remains open for business. Drone strikes recurring, thousands of them since Obama took office. I've showed you his relocating forces into the Persian Gulf region, building bases in Afghanistan. He followed the Bush status of Forces agreement to the tee in Iraq, he's been both directly and indirectly involved in regime change in Libya and Egypt, we've troops in Jordan right now and again....you're caught unaware Cigar.

At this point I don't give a fork who started the War or who continued the War ... I'm more concerned with the Person who Ends the War.

I know you don't care. And that's because you don't know how or why or what. You're just as unaware as the typical led by the nose liberal chirping off about issues they know nor care about. And your strat expands whether you're talking about Trayvon Martin, Iraq, or current events, you are an uninformed sheeple who cares little but for your own agenda. Dime a dozen.

Professor Peabody
08-22-2013, 05:43 PM

snip

snip

They had to. Obama has carried on the exact same policies, however has increased drone strikes killing innocent civilians as well as assassinating 2 American Citizens without due process. Don't forget well over 300 dead Mexican Citizens and 2 dead Law Enforcement Agents because of Fast & Furious.