PDA

View Full Version : Jon Huntsmen Gets Boston Globe Endorsement.....

MMC
01-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Jon Huntsman (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=129t12uug/EXP=1327098300/**http%3A//abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/jon-huntsman.htm) got a high-profile endorsement when the Boston Globe endorsed his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination over a frontrunner from the paper's home state, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

"Even if Romney emerges as the nominee, it matters how he gets there," the editorial reads. "Already, the religious right, represented by Rick Santorum, and Tea Party activists, represented by Ron Paul, have pushed Romney in unwanted directions. In New Hampshire, Republican and independent voters have a chance, through Huntsman, to show him a sturdier model. Jon Huntsman would be a better president. But if he fails, he could still make Romney a better candidate."

Four years ago, in the 2008 contest, the Globe endorsed Sen. John McCain, the ultimate winner, over Romney, who placed second.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/jon-huntsman-gets-boston-globe-endorsement-033009692--abc-news.html <<<<<More Here!

Now making a brief cameo appearance.....Jon Huntsmen!

Conley
01-06-2012, 06:05 PM
You can't even get his name right. :grin:

Interesting, I guess Romney isn't as popular in Mass as I thought.

MMC
01-06-2012, 06:12 PM

What did that one piece say.....Huntsman attacks from the Center. With Gingrich and Santorium attacking from the right. Think he will pull a Santorium here in NH over Romeny?

Conley
01-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Well, I could see him doing well. I think Santorum will crash by the time it gets to Mass and I can't see him winning it even if he somehow carried the other earlier primaries. I think by the time Mass rolls around Romney will be well in control.

Mister D
01-06-2012, 10:12 PM

The Globe may be a liberal paper though with a history of attacking Romney. Not sure but that's certain plausible.

Conley
01-06-2012, 11:59 PM
The Globe may be a liberal paper though with a history of attacking Romney. Not sure but that's certain plausible.

True but compared to the rest of the field Romney is a liberal! :laugh:

MMC
01-07-2012, 12:17 AM

Well truthfully Gingrich is right up there with Romney in that regard. :wink:

Mister D
01-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Yeah, that's a good point. :undecided: Maybe he hoped and changed them? They were expecting a liberal and he wasn't liberal enough as governor?

Conley
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I dunno. There was a backlash against Republicans during that time but his record on Wikipedia looks great to me. Plus when you consider all the corruption there, it must have been nice to have a man of principle and a bit of an outsider in that position. Just my two cents...

Conley
01-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Really anyone who votes based on a newspaper endorsement really shouldn't be voting IMO. Especially for President. If you can't be bothered to learn about the candidate enough to form an opinion, stay home!

Mister D
01-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I can't imagine who that influences especially in this day and age. I couldn't care less who my local paper endorses not least because I know the editors hate me. :grin: I'm drawing on Bob Grant's "Your Daily Newspaper Hates You".

MMC
01-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Huntsman is no wheres close in any polling in NH. As a matter of fact they were saying Ron Paul is the only one who has anything and he is still 20 pts down.

Conley
01-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Well, no one predicted Santorum to be as close as he was in Iowa. That said NH is Romney's no doubt.

MMC
01-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Yeah but in the debate Huntsman came out and said he had a plan to and that all knew what it was. :but:How can everybody know his plan when he has campaigned no where else?

wingrider
01-08-2012, 06:24 PM
hunstman needs to pull the plug and go for a vp or cabinet post.. I like the guy but he is a non starter..

Conley
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM
hunstman needs to pull the plug and go for a vp or cabinet post.. I like the guy but he is a non starter..

Agreed...how is he still funding his campaign anyhow?

wingrider
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Agreed...how is he still funding his campaign anyhow?

good question> probably out of pocket and with daddys money

Mister D
01-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I remember asking about who this guy is when he first joined the race but I guess it really doesn't matter now.

wingrider
01-08-2012, 06:48 PM
I remember asking about who this guy is when he first joined the race but I guess it really doesn't matter now.

ex governor of Utah and was ambassador to China.. all in all a very good guy and very smart.. but he just doesn't have the political pull to be president,,