PDA

View Full Version : Gulf States Brace For US-Iran War.....

MMC
01-06-2012, 06:36 PM
The Arab states that lie just miles across the Gulf from Iran are nervously eyeing the prospects of a war between Tehran and the West that none of them want and all know could devastate their economies.
This very real fear is prompting the oil-rich states to enhance their defences while hoping that diplomacy can rein in Tehran's regional ambitions and put an end to its worrying nuclear programme.

The "Mashreq" website, which is close to Iran's Revolutionary Guards, has said targets in the Gulf have already been selected, according to the pan-Arab daily Al-Hayat.

As they wait, Gulf States are stepping up their defence purchases.
Last month, Saudi Arabia signed a deal worth $29.4 billion to buy 84 US F-15 fighter jets, and upgrade 70 other jets.
Shortly afterwards, a $3.48 billion UAE armament deal came to light, including the advanced anti-missile Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System (Thaad).
Earlier in 2011, the United States and Saudi Arabia announced a $1.7 billion deal to strengthen Patriot missile batteries, while Kuwait bought 209 missiles for $900 million.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/gulf-states-brace-unwanted-us-iran-war-144952203.html

They say there are two schools of thought. But that is just about Iran. What about when Iran is no longer the threat? Who does the attention of the Sunni then turn towards? Are these the same targets that Iran always has targeted? Publicly they want no conflict but I will bet deep down they would like to see the end of Persia.

Conley
01-06-2012, 07:01 PM
They definitely want Iran out of the picture. Saudi Arabia in particular would like them gone, and have said as much in leaked diplomatic cables. I'm sure Iran has had Saudi targets lined up long before this latest conflict.

Mister D
01-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Pan-Arabism is a relatively weak force these days, Muslims are as divided as ever, and Iran isn't even an Arab country. There will not be anything approaching a united front against foreign powers either at the level of the elite or elsewhere.

Peter1469
01-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Iran is Persian. Most Arabs hate them. And Persians hate Arabs.

That doesn't mean that we have to get in between them. Without proper compensation that is.

Mister D
01-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Iran is Persian. Most Arabs hate them. And Persians hate Arabs.

That doesn't mean that we have to get in between them. Without proper compensation that is.

True. I'm just saying this in the context of Iran's saber rattling.

MMC
01-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Pan-Arabism is a relatively weak force these days, Muslims are as divided as ever, and Iran isn't even an Arab country. There will not be anything approaching a united front against foreign powers either at the level of the elite or elsewhere.

With Iran or the Arabs? Besides who would consider Arabs Elite in anything other than Arabs themselves. Yet we do know the theory of being a legend in their own minds.

Mister D
01-07-2012, 11:42 AM
With Iran or the Arabs? Besides who would consider Arabs Elite in anything other than Arabs themselves. Yet we do know the theory of being a legend in their own minds.

You gotta decode this shit, bro! :laugh: :wink:

MMC
01-07-2012, 04:55 PM
You gotta decode this shit, bro! :laugh: :wink:

Simple.....Arabs are not Elite in anything and Always have been weak. Always!

Mister D
01-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Simple.....Arabs are not Elite in anything and Always have been weak. Always!

But there is an Arab elite. I'm not using the term they way you are.

MMC Decoded is on next!

Just busting your chops, bro. :wink:

MMC
01-07-2012, 05:35 PM
But there is an Arab elite. I'm not using the term they way you are.

MMC Decoded is on next!

Just busting your chops, bro. :wink:

Yeah I know what ya mean by them having their own so called Elite for their Alleged Civilized Society. :rollseyes: So in that aspect you are correct. :wink:

Is it? I got the game on.

I would Rant more about the Shia as they are more extreme with their path to their promised land and Ruling Caliphate. But they clearly just don't have as much influence as the Sunni does. Nor are they as slick as the Sunni are. To caught up in traditions and delusions. :wink: