PDA

View Full Version : Dog will do anything not to get a bath

Common
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
This is pretty funny

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/dog-plays-dead-to-avoid-bath_n_3785351.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news

oceanloverOH
08-21-2013, 09:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Smart doggie figured out a fun new game to play with Mommy!

Dr. Who
08-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Mine reads body language or is telepathic - he always knows when you are planning something that he isn't going to like and runs like his tail is on fire!

Common
08-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Our dog thinks its time to play when hes getting a bath and throws suds and water everywhere. He actually likes bath time but hes a little guy 16 lbs

Dr. Who
08-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Our dog thinks its time to play when hes getting a bath and throws suds and water everywhere. He actually likes bath time but hes a little guy 16 lbs
Mine's not so big either, but the breed hates water, so bath time is torture in his opinion.

Common
08-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Mine's not so big either, but the breed hates water, so bath time is torture in his opinion.

What breed is it? mines a cairn terrier

Dr. Who
08-21-2013, 10:16 PM
What breed is it? mines a cairn terrierHe's a Shiba Inu - a Japanese spitz breed. Not many people are familiar with the breed. Here's a picture of a typical Shiba.
http://static.ddmcdn.com/en-us/apl/breedselector/images/breed-selector/dogs/breeds/shiba-inu_01_lg.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&docid=YKDPUgCt_llQBM&tbnid=_eG_XkXCQRhHZM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanimal.discovery.com%2Fbreed-selector%2Fdog-breeds%2Fnon-sporting%2Fshiba-inu.html&ei=aoIVUou8Lq2Y2gX4poGIAg&bvm=bv.51156542,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNEbbR6eb5BfHod7Yi9zu1FPsV3MFw&ust=1377227735022716)

Common
08-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Gorgeous dogs, I wanted one but the boss wanted either a yorkie or a cairn and since she feeds it walks it cleans up after it you know who won.

Dr. Who
08-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Gorgeous dogs, I wanted one but the boss wanted either a yorkie or a cairn and since she feeds it walks it cleans up after it you know who won.

Well, unlike the Cairn, they do shed, so I can understand the boss wanting a little less maintenance. The Shiba is a big dog in a small body. They aren't lapdogs, and being held is just insufferable, but like terriers, they are major hunters. I think the Cairn is probably more social than the Shiba, who could care less about anyone outside of the household. That being said, they are very smart, funny and very affectionate. Mine is an endless source of amusement and likes to be close by all the time.

Common
08-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Cairns are ferocious and fearless to the point of committing suicide. My dog goes after snappers that are bigger than him. I had to fence in the yard. If a lizard disapears into a hole he digs a hole to china to get it. He runs tirelessly around the yard non stop. He wants to play with all dogs pitbulls, German shepherds.
In the house hes as lovable and obedient a dog as you can find.

Dr. Who
08-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Cairns are ferocious and fearless to the point of committing suicide. My dog goes after snappers that are bigger than him. I had to fence in the yard. If a lizard disapears into a hole he digs a hole to china to get it. He runs tirelessly around the yard non stop. He wants to play with all dogs pitbulls, German shepherds.
In the house hes as lovable and obedient a dog as you can find.It's that hunting thing. Mine will kill raccoons if I let him ( he killed one) and if you compare the size, he looks like the smaller of the two. He doesn't bark at them, he just sneaks up. He also wants to eat squirrels -he's killed two. He hunts and kills mice. We don't have lizards, but if we did he'd be after them. Some things he hunts as prey and others because they are trespassers. Before I let him out, I go outside and warn everything in the yard. The dog gives me a look of disappointment. Bottom line, you can rarely let shibas off leash because they are hardwired to hunt the wildlife. Not super domesticated. LOL. However I am looking for a companion for him, since we used to have two shibas. Maybe a Cairn would be nice.

oceanloverOH
08-22-2013, 02:07 AM
My Shih Tzu Jake also detests the water. I got him a kiddie pool for summer and put about an inch of water in it, and took him into the pool with me.....he thought he was being tortured to death, just getting his paws wet, lol. I keep him clipped short in a puppy cut; we don't do the dust mop look. Shih Tzus have hair like us, not fur....so it grows the same way ours does, doesn't shed, but he has to go to the groomer for a haircut every 2 months. He loves chasing rabbits and anything else that'll run from him....he's not hunting, he wants to play. This little dog will love and kiss and play with anything and everything....his toys, his bedding, his people, strangers, strange dogs....everybody is his best friend, in his view....especially small children; he adores them and is sooooo quiet and gentle with them, it's amazing. I have to restrain him from other dogs unless we know them....in his exuberance to play, he can frighten them and they can attack. Best of all, the only time he barks is at the vacuum cleaner! My 5-year-old love puppy......

Common
08-22-2013, 02:48 AM
Cairn terriers are diggers and hunters, they were bred to be ratters

Common
08-22-2013, 03:06 AM
My Shih Tzu Jake also detests the water. I got him a kiddie pool for summer and put about an inch of water in it, and took him into the pool with me.....he thought he was being tortured to death, just getting his paws wet, lol. I keep him clipped short in a puppy cut; we don't do the dust mop look. Shih Tzus have hair like us, not fur....so it grows the same way ours does, doesn't shed, but he has to go to the groomer for a haircut every 2 months. He loves chasing rabbits and anything else that'll run from him....he's not hunting, he wants to play. This little dog will love and kiss and play with anything and everything....his toys, his bedding, his people, strangers, strange dogs....everybody is his best friend, in his view....especially small children; he adores them and is sooooo quiet and gentle with them, it's amazing. I have to restrain him from other dogs unless we know them....in his exuberance to play, he can frighten them and they can attack. Best of all, the only time he barks is at the vacuum cleaner! My 5-year-old love puppy......

Do what the dog whisperer cezar millan does, he drags the dog gently into the pool and lets them go, ALL of them start swimming and wind up loving it.

jillian
08-22-2013, 03:54 AM
He's a Shiba Inu - a Japanese spitz breed. Not many people are familiar with the breed. Here's a picture of a typical Shiba.
http://static.ddmcdn.com/en-us/apl/breedselector/images/breed-selector/dogs/breeds/shiba-inu_01_lg.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&docid=YKDPUgCt_llQBM&tbnid=_eG_XkXCQRhHZM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fanimal.discovery.com%2Fbreed-selector%2Fdog-breeds%2Fnon-sporting%2Fshiba-inu.html&ei=aoIVUou8Lq2Y2gX4poGIAg&bvm=bv.51156542,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNEbbR6eb5BfHod7Yi9zu1FPsV3MFw&ust=1377227735022716)

my son loves shibas... beautiful animals.

Dr. Who
08-22-2013, 06:14 PM
My Shih Tzu Jake also detests the water. I got him a kiddie pool for summer and put about an inch of water in it, and took him into the pool with me.....he thought he was being tortured to death, just getting his paws wet, lol. I keep him clipped short in a puppy cut; we don't do the dust mop look. Shih Tzus have hair like us, not fur....so it grows the same way ours does, doesn't shed, but he has to go to the groomer for a haircut every 2 months. He loves chasing rabbits and anything else that'll run from him....he's not hunting, he wants to play. This little dog will love and kiss and play with anything and everything....his toys, his bedding, his people, strangers, strange dogs....everybody is his best friend, in his view....especially small children; he adores them and is sooooo quiet and gentle with them, it's amazing. I have to restrain him from other dogs unless we know them....in his exuberance to play, he can frighten them and they can attack. Best of all, the only time he barks is at the vacuum cleaner! My 5-year-old love puppy......Mine hates the vacuum cleaner too - I think he feels it is stealing his stuff.

Dr. Who
08-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Do what the dog whisperer cezar millan does, he drags the dog gently into the pool and lets them go, ALL of them start swimming and wind up loving it.Not Shibas, I can assure you. Some years back my female shiba was walking next to a small river and fell in - she was so angry and anxious to get out, she almost panicked in the water, but she dragged herself up the riverbank and back onto dry land. I think she was really embarrassed too!

Dr. Who
08-22-2013, 06:22 PM
my son loves shibas... beautiful animals.Sometimes I think they look like wild dogs designed by Disney.