PDA

View Full Version : Tea party trivializes themselves again with impeachment talk

paul alan
08-27-2013, 07:59 AM
These sad people seem bent on trivializing themselves off the charts.

Most Republicans are turned off by the tea party insistence on playing the juvenile role of whining and ranting to gain attention.

Tea party has no support - of course - for their impeachment nonsense, and little recognizable support for the other juvenalities: defunding Obamacare, shutting down Government, or holding the debt limit.

But noise seems important to this anomaly, more than achievement.

:)

paul alan
08-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Gov. Bobby Jindal rejects Obama impeachment talk

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal went on the record over the weekend to reject GOP chatter about impeaching President Obama.

"Look, I reject that kind of talk," Jindal said Sunday of impeachment chatter, speaking on NBC's Meet the Press. "The reality is I didn't like it when the left spent eight years trying to delegitimize President Bush, calling to question his election. I don't think we should be doing that to President Obama."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/08/26/jindal-rejects-obama-impeachment-talk/2698701/

Common
08-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Youre right about one thing, there are many traditional republicans turned off by teaparty antics and lack of any meaningful legislation to help the middle class on down in this country.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Could you cite where the Tea Party is officially calling for impeachment?

Some individuals are, both TP and non TP. I know of no formal TP movement to impeach.

Not that it isn't deserved, but poor Nixon was the last guy to which a serious standard of impeachment and removal from office was applied. Clinton directly and undeniably committed perjury in a Federal court and got away with it. Obama has done everything from using the IRS against his enemies to using the government to spy on journalists and everyone else, has published fake documents, has lied through his teeth and so on. He makes Nixon look like a piker. Yet it is clear he is unimpeachable.

So don't get in a lather over it, it won't happen and shouldn't. America need to experience more McJobism and loss of medical care as a result of Obama to learn their lesson. Let's keep this unmitigated disaster in the White House as a teaching experience.

Chris
08-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Of course the establishment moderate basically liberal Reps you all like are against the Tea parties who are running them out of office.

If the Tea Parties were triavial as you suppose why are you whining about them?

patrickt
08-27-2013, 08:23 AM
These sad people seem bent on trivializing themselves off the charts.

Most Republicans are turned off by the tea party insistence on playing the juvenile role of whining and ranting to gain attention.

Tea party has no support - of course - for their impeachment nonsense, and little recognizable support for the other juvenalities: defunding Obamacare, shutting down Government, or holding the debt limit.

But noise seems important to this anomaly, more than achievement.

Gee, Paul, I am so happy that you decided to help the conservatives. They desperately need one more far-left denizen of LibWorld to help them succeed. Oh, did you happen to search for Tea Party National Headquarters or Tea Party National Committee. Try it. Even a citizen of LibWorld can do it.

I don't know why liberals insist on trivializing themselves in their race to tyranny.

paul alan
08-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Jindal ... flatly rejected the notion as counterproductive.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2013/08/26/jindal-rejects-obama-impeachment-talk/2698701/

Bobby, isn't everything the tea party does 'counterproductive'?

ptif219
08-27-2013, 08:34 AM
People support the tea party principles.

http://freebeacon.com/the-tea-party-lives/

A plurality of Americans support “Tea Party principles,” according to a poll released today.The poll, commissioned byTheTeaParty.net (http://www.theteaparty.net/) and conducted by NSON, Inc., found that 48 percent of Americans support the principles of “limited government,” “free markets,” and “personal responsibility.”
The poll also found that 21 percent of Americans support “progressive, liberal principles” of “big government,” “higher taxes,” and “more spending.”
The poll explicitly tied the conservative principles to the Tea Party, said Niger Innis, chief strategist for TheTeaParty.net.
According to the poll, nearly half of people in the Midwest, South, and West expressed support for Tea Party principles, while just over 40 percent of people in the northeast—the country’s “liberal stronghold,” said Innis—expressed support.
“The mainstream media wrote our obituary after the November elections. Unfortunately for them, the tea party isn’t going anywhere,” Todd Cefaratti, founder of TheTeaParty.net, said in a statement.
Innis cited the poll as evidence that conservative leaders need to “embrace the Tea Party principles.”
If they do so, he said, “They will win elections.”

Chris
08-27-2013, 08:36 AM

http://freebeacon.com/the-tea-party-lives/

But paul says "Tea party has no support".

paul alan
08-27-2013, 08:38 AM

Didn't take tea party long to crucify Ted Cruz!

He's not conservative enough?

:laugh:

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 08:38 AM
Care to answer my question, Paul?

ptif219
08-27-2013, 08:42 AM
But paul says "Tea party has no support".

So do the democrats. Support the conservative principles and win elections

ptif219
08-27-2013, 08:43 AM

Show where they did that

paul alan
08-27-2013, 08:43 AM

But FEW support tea party TACTICS

Is there a poll for tea party using apple pie as a front for neo Nazi tactics?

:huh:

Chris
08-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Could you cite where the Tea Party is officially calling for impeachment?...

Nice deflection from answering a question that shows you really don't know what the Tea Party movement is.

Chris
08-27-2013, 08:46 AM

Figured as much, just another inflammatory progressive, you'll fit right in with some others incapable of contributing to discussion.

paul alan
08-27-2013, 08:47 AM

If Ted Cruz doesn't speak for the tea party, who in hell does?

ptif219

More opinions and no proof. Care to look at how Obama is losing support for his tactics?

Chris
If Ted Cruz doesn't speak for the tea party, who in hell does?

No one does.

See you like talking to yourself.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Dodging my question, Paul?

paul alan
08-27-2013, 08:54 AM
No one does.

Maybe Michelle Malkin?

Rush Limbaugh?

Certainly not Sean Hannity ... not Conservative enough ...

Chris
08-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Maybe Michelle Malkin?

Rush Limbaugh?

Certainly not Sean Hannity ... not Conservative enough ...

You're revealing your ignorance of the Tea Parties, Paul. I'm a member, we're organized at the voting district level, no higher. It's a leaderless, distributed, grassroots movement. The best analogy I can come up with to help you would be OWS.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Still running away from the question, Paul?

I think we can conclude we caught you making stuff up. Don't worry, that is SOP among the liberals here. You will feel right at home.

nic34
08-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Don't mind the local conservatives Paul, most resort to answering questions by asking their own.

Obama's "tactics"? :laugh:

bladimz
08-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Could you cite where the Tea Party is officially calling for impeachment?This should set things straight:
https://www.facebook.com/TheTeaParty.net

(image found on Tea Party FB page...)

Obama has done everything from using the IRS against his enemies ...What evidence was brought forth that directly implicates Obama?

bladimz
08-27-2013, 09:07 AM
You're revealing your ignorance of the Tea Parties, Paul. I'm a member, we're organized at the voting district level, no higher. It's a leaderless, distributed, grassroots movement. The best analogy I can come up with to help you would be OWS.So you're saying that OWS was funded by the Koch Bros.?

paul alan
08-27-2013, 09:09 AM
You're revealing your ignorance of the Tea Parties, Paul. I'm a member, we're organized at the voting district level, no higher. It's a leaderless, distributed, grassroots movement. The best analogy I can come up with to help you would be OWS.

You need to sit down and have a talk with your local idiot Mainecoons

bladimz
08-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Dodging my question, Paul?See post#25 :grin:

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 09:12 AM
Oh, I'm sure nothing. All those IRS folks coming and going at the White House while this was going on. They probably talked about basketball. No doubt the Justice department spied on journalists and ran guns with Obama completely ignorant.

Yes, there's a petition to impeach there. I'm sure Paul appreciates your help.

Don't get your shorts in a knot, genius. No one is going to impeach your half-black Messiah. Nope, you get three more years of economic decline, constant screw ups, and maybe a war or two.

Enjoy the ride.

patrickt
08-27-2013, 09:14 AM
So you're saying that OWS was funded by the Koch Bros.?

Of course not. I was funded by the federal government and a convicted felon, George Soros.

I'm sure Paul is the local idiot somewhere but he's ashamed to tell us where? Berkeley? Detroit? Chicago?

Wow! Blad finds a posting on someone Facebook page and believes it's significant.

I do like the liberal defense, which started with President Clinton, of "he hasn't been convicted yet." Blad, the King doesn't have to directly order. Merely muttering, "Can no one rid me of these damned conservatives," will get the job done.

bladimz
08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes, there's a petition to impeach there.You're welcome. I'm happy to have answered your question. :grin:

paul alan
08-27-2013, 09:17 AM
The Koch boys are not convicted felons?

Who said .....

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:20 AM
This should set things straight:
https://www.facebook.com/TheTeaParty.net

(image found on Tea Party FB page...)

What evidence was brought forth that directly implicates Obama?

A tea party defines all? Overgeneralize much?

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:21 AM
So you're saying that OWS was funded by the Koch Bros.?

The Tea parties are not funded by the Koch's, blad. Why spread that false nonsense?

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:21 AM
You need to sit down and have a talk with your local idiot Mainecoons

First inflammatory, then personal attacks, a pattern so common among the progressives here.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Even worse, poor Paul was shown up by a fellow liberal in looking stuff up.

:rofl:

paul alan
08-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Conservatives say tea party is not one of them.

If not, what then?

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 09:27 AM
Oh, BTW Blad, you might find this interesting. Once again, the British press actually looks at things in depth:

'Impeachable Offenses' consists largely of a laundry list of well-worn conservative complaints about the White House and its current occupant. But unlike quick-hit blogs and short investigative series that have dominated right-wing grievances against President Obama, it defends its collected beef with more than 60 pages of footnotes and a systematic connect-the-dots exercise that the president's defenders will find troublesome.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2393767/EXCLUSIVE-Explosive-new-book-sets-case-impeaching-Barack-Obama-Benghazi-health-care-reform-immigration-spying-scandals.html#ixzz2dBCIz9HJ

As I've noted before, I think there are plenty of reasons why impeachment is warranted, but also I continue to believe that it would just make a martyr of a very bad POTUS and it is far better to let the cascading disaster of his presidency play out as a lesson to all.

paul alan
08-27-2013, 09:30 AM

Pardon son I suspect it is the idiot Mainecoons that shows his ignorance of tea parties - he's looking for something called an "official tea party response....

And he says it's not Ted Cruz.

Can you help him?

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Gosh, Paul, you couldn't even provide one reference to back your claim up. You weren't even able to respond to the question in any significant way.

Did you thank Blad for helping you?

Fourteen posts and you're already showing your inability to respond to a reasonable question with anything other than personal insults.

paul alan
08-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Pardon son I suspect it is the idiot Mainecoons that shows his ignorance of tea parties - he's looking for something called an "official tea party response....

Can you help him?

Well, can you?

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Can you help him?

He's being sarcastic to your ignorance. He knows there's no leader as you try to claim.

And I'm not your son nor would I want to be.

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:43 AM
Well, can you?

Talking to yourself again I see.

bladimz
08-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Wow! Blad finds a posting on someone Facebook page and believes it's significant.Wow! I guess i was wrong about that. Whose FB page do you suspect it might be, if not a Tea Party backed page?

I do like the liberal defense, which started with President Clinton, of "he hasn't been convicted yet." Blad, the King doesn't have to directly order. Merely muttering, "Can no one rid me of these damned conservatives," will get the job done.Ok, Chris. Thanks for that "proof".

nic34
08-27-2013, 09:56 AM
First inflammatory, then personal attacks, a pattern so common among the progressives here.

Plenty of that coming from all sides chris.... get real.

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Wow! I guess i was wrong about that. Whose FB page do you suspect it might be, if not a Tea Party backed page?

Ok, Chris. Thanks for that "proof".

Wasn't my post you were commenting on, blad.

Chris
08-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Plenty of that coming from all sides chris.... get real.

Nah, there might be personal attacks coming from both sides, but the pattern I pointed out, flame bait followed by attack, is unique to a few progressive members here.

nic34
08-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Bull...

paul alan
08-27-2013, 10:00 AM
He's being sarcastic to your ignorance. He knows there's no leader as you try to claim.

And I'm not your son nor would I want to be.

So you can't tell your friend where to get an "official" tea party response without being sarcastic?

You can't even tell him who the leader of his tea party is?

Well, try sarcasm ......

paul alan
08-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Nah, there might be personal attacks coming from both sides, but the pattern I pointed out, flame bait followed by attack, is unique to a few progressive members here.

In my short stay here, the only personal attacks I see are coming from tea baggers

Have I missed something?

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 10:05 AM
You sure have, sonny. And apparently for a long, long time, well before you ever arrived here.

bladimz
08-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Wasn't my post you were commenting on, blad.apologies. It just sounded like you...

Chris
08-27-2013, 10:09 AM
So you can't tell your friend where to get an "official" tea party response without being sarcastic?

You can't even tell him who the leader of his tea party is?

Well, try sarcasm ......

Well that went right over your old noggin.

nic34
08-27-2013, 10:11 AM
The Tea parties are not funded by the Koch's, blad. Why spread that false nonsense?

Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaire Koch Brothers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/study-confirms-tea-party-_b_2663125.html

Chris
08-27-2013, 10:11 AM
In my short stay here, the only personal attacks I see are coming from tea baggers

Have I missed something?

Yes, this...

http://snag.gy/GYE8M.jpg

And your flaming and attacking.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Study Confirms Tea Party Was Created by Big Tobacco and Billionaire Koch Brothers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/brendan-demelle/study-confirms-tea-party-_b_2663125.html

Gosh, no liberal participation in this "study" at all.

You really should read this from one end to the other, notice all the assumptions and guilt by association and the flaming leftists who are behind it.

Reminds me of a Rush Limbaugh expose. About as credible and impartial.

Typical, though, of the kinds of sources you rely on exclusively, Nic. No wonder your brain is so polluted.

:grin:

paul alan
08-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Hmmmm, referring to a tea party member as a "tea bagger" is a personal attack?

Really, what do they want to be called?

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 10:20 AM

I see we have another ignoramus here. Try looking it up, genius:

Tea Bagger Share on twitter (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#) Share on facebook (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#) Share on more (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#)

394 up (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#), 99 down (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#)[/URL][URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#"] (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tea%20bagger#)

-noun

1) A male engages in the sexual act of tea bagging. in which he stands over his partner and lowers his testicles into his partner's mouth, as if lowering a tea bag into a tea cup.

2) A follower of the conservative US Tea Party political movement, often used as a derogatory term.
Most tea baggers are in favor of cuts to government services and taxes.

Chris
08-27-2013, 10:23 AM

Really should follow your source to primary sources to get the real story instead of the spin. The actual study is summarized in its abstracts as"

Background The Tea Party, which gained prominence in the USA in 2009, advocates limited government and low taxes. Tea Party organisations, particularly Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks, oppose smoke-free laws and tobacco taxes.

By that loose reasoning we can say the origins of the Tea Parties are to be found in the American Revolution. Both advocate liberty. Q.E.D.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 10:23 AM
BTW, I see that the foul-mouth attack, like so much of the black racism these days, comes right from the top:

President Obama: GOP Opposition to Stimulus ‘Helped to Create the Tea-Baggers’By Julie Percha
Three days after he decried the lack of civility in American politics, President Obama is quoted in a new book about his presidency referring to the Tea Party movement using a derogatory term with sexual connotations.
In Jonathan Alter’s “The Promise: President Obama, Year One,” President Obama is quoted in an November 30, 2009, interview saying that the unanimous vote of House Republicans vote against the stimulus bills “set the tenor for the whole year … That helped to create the tea-baggers and empowered that whole wing of the Republican Party to where it now controls the agenda for the Republicans.”
Tea Party activists loathe the term “tea baggers,” which has emerged in liberal media outlets and elsewhere as a method of mocking the activists and their concerns.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/tea-party/2013/05/15/flashback-obama-mocks-teabaggers#ixzz2dBQYNEZa

Chris
08-27-2013, 10:24 AM

Another common progressive tactic, when in need of deflection, make things up.

paul alan
08-27-2013, 10:26 AM
The Billionaires Bankrolling the Tea Party

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?_r=0

So, if the tea party isn't "official" as it's members here claim, who gets all of Koch's money?

Michelle Malkin?

Dick Army?

Rush Limbaugh?

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't know. From your post it is clear that neither do you.

Who gets all of Soro's money?

Is that OK with you? I would guess yes.

Chris
08-27-2013, 10:34 AM
The Billionaires Bankrolling the Tea Party

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?_r=0

So, if the tea party isn't "official" as it's members here claim, who gets all of Koch's money?

Michelle Malkin?

Dick Army?

Rush Limbaugh?

So you depend on an opinion piece for facts.

Fact, Koch's donated funds. Fact, to FreedomWorks. Fact, to distribute to local, voting district-organized tea parties. Fact, each got a small amount to do with as they pleased.

Why wouldn't the Koch's contribute to a movement that seeks the same things they do.

Mainecoons
08-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Because it is OK for liberals to spend as much money as they want in supporting their causes and beliefs but for a partisan hack like Paul, it is not OK for conservatives to do the same.

What Paul is showing us, once again, is that liberals only support free speech if it is their free speech. Anything else is a conspiracy against the planet.

:grin:

Chris
08-27-2013, 10:41 AM
At least he now ends each post with the confused http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/smilies/newsmilies/huh.gif

nic34
08-27-2013, 11:45 AM
So you depend on an opinion piece for facts.

Fact, Koch's donated funds. Fact, to FreedomWorks. Fact, to distribute to local, voting district-organized tea parties. Fact, each got a small amount to do with as they pleased.

Why wouldn't the Koch's contribute to a movement that seeks the same things they do.

Small amount, sure, but LOTS of small amounts:

The Koch Brothers – Exposed!

Charles and David Koch are the real deal. Over the past 30-some years, they've poured more than 100 million dollars into a sprawling network of foundations, think tanks, front groups, advocacy organizations, lobbyists and GOP lawmakers, all to the glory of their hard-core libertarian agenda. They don't oppose big government so much as government – taxes, environmental protections, safety-net programs, public education: the whole bit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/the-koch-brothers-exposed-20120420#ixzz2dBl49RyJ

Chris
08-27-2013, 12:00 PM

Charles and David Koch are the real deal. Over the past 30-some years, they've poured more than 100 million dollars into a sprawling network of foundations, think tanks, front groups, advocacy organizations, lobbyists and GOP lawmakers, all to the glory of their hard-core libertarian agenda. They don't oppose big government so much as government – taxes, environmental protections, safety-net programs, public education: the whole bit.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/national-affairs/the-koch-brothers-exposed-20120420#ixzz2dBl49RyJ

Never before seen feat of amazement, you've moved the goalpost clear across the county line! We were talking Koch contributions to the Tea Parties, nic, and you come back with every donation they've ever made to anything including, omg, public education.

nic34
08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
What? Don't like the George Soros treatment?

You all dish it out....

killianr1
08-27-2013, 12:19 PM
I wonder who Warren Buffet contributes to after Obama killed the pipeline deal just as Warren bought the only rail line from the Canadian oil fields to the Gulf. Buffet is making a cool 2 billion in profit annually on that little favor (wink wink).

Chris
08-27-2013, 01:05 PM
What? Don't like the George Soros treatment?

You all dish it out....

We're you come up with that one. I have no problem the Koch's contributed funding distributed among local tea parties. What, does Soros bother you?

darroll
08-27-2013, 01:33 PM
The Tea party is the only party I trust.

ptif219
08-27-2013, 01:57 PM

What you ignore is the tea party is saving taxpayers money

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/26/Tea-Party-Saved-Half-Trillion-in-Debt